Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
No work tomorrow so will be able to hit the sports bar and catch games, so of course gotta figure out some plays as I have been too busy this week to do much of anything.

Leaning cubs Yankees reds astros pirates cards, angels, nats.

Thoughts?

No work tomorrow so will be able to hit the sports bar and catch games, so of course gotta figure out some plays as I have been too busy this week to do much of anything.

Leaning cubs Yankees reds astros pirates cards, angels, nats.

Thoughts?
Card batters do not hit Woodruff at all and pitching, especially bullpen, has been awfully unreliable. I am the anxious-pessimistic type of fan so better ask @2daBank also

Card batters do not hit Woodruff at all and pitching, especially bullpen, has been awfully unreliable. I am the anxious-pessimistic type of fan so better ask @2daBank also
I will readily admit I know nothing as i am a complete newbie to this and going more on gut feel and perceived value than anything, so appreciate all input!

plus this flaherty guy walked 7 batters, yet 0 hits last outing.......gotta catch up to him walking that many batters.

cabrera and megill is another rematch this year - megill won but cabrera had less hits and maybe better pitcher ?

thinking st louis at 1-5 is going to light up erratic hunter greene.

Thanks for posting the daily games in that manner.

@2daBank ……since you pretty good at the hits props…..Download MLB Beat the Streak app…..you can win $5.6 million if you can pick 57 straight…..you can double down daily too meaning picking 2 players to get a hit…..hey, you never know…..give it a try…..you don’t have to make a pick everyday….not sure if there’s a limit of days between picks though…..I’ve occasionally hit the double down picks….I might start wagering on the double down players I pick, only if it’s to get .05 base hits, can’t do the 1.5 hits…..

@2daBank ……since you pretty good at the hits props…..Download MLB Beat the Streak app…..you can win $5.6 million if you can pick 57 straight…..you can double down daily too meaning picking 2 players to get a hit…..hey, you never know…..give it a try…..you don’t have to make a pick everyday….not sure if there’s a limit of days between picks though…..I’ve occasionally hit the double down picks….I might start wagering on the double down players I pick, only if it’s to get .05 base hits, can’t do the 1.5 hits…..

I tried it one season years ago, I don’t think I ever made it past like 11, lol. My brother got to 19 I believe., I def taking hitter props way more serious these days but doubt I’ll ever sniff that crazy number.

Super late start, had obligations last night and stuff to do this morning. Getting my shit together now so I can get across the river and play the 2-3 o’clock games,

Lean

O’s
Seattle
Cws Ff -.5

Mullins ov 1.5 tb +120
Roberts ov 1.5 tb -120

2 teamer

Frazier ov .5 hit
Burger ov .5 hit

K props

Giolito ov 5.5
Keller ov 3.5
Gilbert ov 4.5
Greene ov 7.5

Rangers ml
O’s ml
Seattle ml
Cws ff-.5

I have actually done that more than a few times (usually when drinking) not paying attention to my card and making a double play without realizing it. Those never win of course haha

You ever got so fucked up you bet wrong side of games and didn’t realize it? One time I was up capping games and smoking most the night, make my plays, take a nap. Go to gym and think I’m winning all my bets. Get home and check the account and to my complete surprise the money wasn’t in account, I look at history and somehow I managed to bet wrong side of all 3 games! Of course it a day the plays I meant to make were all winners, I was so pissed, thought for sure book cheated me! Lol

You ever got so fucked up you bet wrong side of games and didn’t realize it? One time I was up capping games and smoking most the night, make my plays, take a nap. Go to gym and think I’m winning all my bets. Get home and check the account and to my complete surprise the money wasn’t in account, I look at history and somehow I managed to bet wrong side of all 3 games! Of course it a day the plays I meant to make were all winners, I was so pissed, thought for sure book cheated me! Lol
Yeah, I have been so messed up that I spent the whole game rooting for a side only to realize I never hit submit haha…Also been so messed up that I dropped 500 on a Japanese b league game one time and had no idea I had submitted it

Yeah, I have been so messed up that I spent the whole game rooting for a side only to realize I never hit submit haha…Also been so messed up that I dropped 500 on a Japanese b league game one time and had no idea I had submitted it
Luckily Chiba covered by the way

I think it really tempting to play cards at that price, I think our lineup is easily the best woodruff will have ever seen it, just so deep now with walker looking like the guy everyone said he could be! Gorman actually hitting early on. The big problem for me is Flaherty, I have no clue what the fuck we gonna get out of him? He managed to go 5 scoreless against jays but he freaking walked 7! Jays couldn’t touch him, no hits and 4k’s but if you gonna walk anywhere close to that amount of guys you gonna get creamed more times than not!! He hasn’t been good in milw. I still think it cards or nothing at that price, I lean to just passing cause not only the control issues but flaherty velo was down across the board. Not sure we ever gonna see that guy who looked like he was becoming a ace for half a season! Lol. He ain’t been that guy since and the injuries continue to mount up and seemingly take away from his pitches.

I’ve def done the submit button never getting hit thing, That sucks. Another one those deals where play almost always wins when bet didn’t get put in!

I sound like a broken record but Cards rotation overall is a massive problem imo. I do kinda expect them to get a few wins this series cause I think they know how to pitch to Milw plus goldy and a few others love hitting in this park. Could be some higher scoring games which be unusual but I think the new norm for cards games.

Goldsmidt props could be way to go, he has had some monster offensive series in milw. Should get a good price w woodruff pitching.

Well crap. Goldy total bases is only .5 -170, I rather it be 1.5 at plus money. Could do the hits/runs/rbi ov 1.5 +120. Don’t like that as much just cause double doesn’t pay,

Wow. Stroman has been fantastic to start the year. Another 6k game after fanning 8 against milw, the 6 shutout innings vs milw looking even more impressive considering the way they been hitting. That 12 scoreless innings w 14k’s, if he really has found a way to miss bats at a higher clip to go along with his always high ground out rate he could have a monster season. He a bit old to have such a drastic change at this point in his career but not unheard of, especially since there always the chance he found some PED’s!

Shuster walked way too many in his 1st start but didn’t really have those problems in the minors. Seems like a really cheap price to back the Braves who just keep winning against the pads who havnt figured things out yet.

Man that Mets game was smooth sailing til the 8th when the wheels came off and the floodgates opened…tough way to start the day but the good thing is I can lose 5 and still have a solid day. Bad thing is, I am one step closer on the road to 0-13 haha

Im wondering if going to Tampa they gonna work their magic and sprinkle some that pitching pixy dust on Eflin as they done many others and turn him into a better pitcher? His pitch mix was drastically different than previous seasons, rays and giants are both pretty good at getting pitchers to throw more of their most effective pitches. Gotta think he can go 6 innings vs oakland arson lineup, k per inning shouldn’t be unreasonable. Plus money on ov 5.5 k’s prob worth a play.

Hit props going really strong. Just hit Robert tb. 3 down, only one left Mullins, he still should get 1 maybe 2 at bats, not loving it but never know, he could still get a double.

Tonight I like several more, and I really like these are most plus money or minimal juice compared to the pitcher props that are getting pounded. Maybe time to adjust, playing few less pitcher props and few more hitter?

Tonight’s hitter props:

Wonder Franco ov 1.5 tb +115
Arozarena ov 1.5 tb +120

Goldsmidt ov 1.5 hits/runs/rbi +120

Will smith ov 1.5 tb -115

Urshula ov 1.5 tb +165
Trout ov 1.5 tb -125

Think that bout it. Kinda lean Walker but wanna see more of Kershaw before I play against him. 6 should be more than enough, lol

I dug play Eflin ov 5,5 k’s +110, thought w plus money was worth a shot to see if rays have improved him vs a bad oak lineup.

Back