Friday Discussion Thread

lean: over in Cincy, under in Philly (Blaser), SD (Hoye), Seattle (T Gibson) and SF (Eddings)

rain in Philly not ideal but the wind in from RF is helpful there. no significant impact for wind/weather in the other 4.

lean: over in Cincy, under in Philly (Blaser), SD (Hoye), Seattle (T Gibson) and SF (Eddings)

rain in Philly not ideal but the wind in from RF is helpful there. no significant impact for wind/weather in the other 4.

I startled looking at reds game but after I saw forecast I backed off. Agree with over if they get it played without interruption.

Don’t think I can play the cards under w hicks starting will probably be lot of pen innings and while I like cards pen I think they have some guys who’s numbers gonna regress at some point. Agree w the others.

My 1st thought in that reds game was playing Brubaker ov 4.5 k’s but he has sucked in that park and reds been hitting a little of late, couldn’t trust him to go deep enough to get to 5k’s.

Anyone know why Webb was scratched yesterday and giants had to go w open game? I dunno enough bout their pen but that game had to weaken it a little for this weekend?

Cubbies postponed.

I was afraid that was gonna happen, probably better for me cause I was on brink of taking myself into playing scrubbies! Lol. Just figured the weather would def be a disadvantage to doyers who been playing majority their games in cali and other nice weather places. Plus they not as good vs lefty pitchers so figured smyly could have success. Oh well, moot now.

This just not a great looking card imo. Draft kings being stupid with strike out props. There less guys posted now than were earlier! Lol. Wtf? Such a huge annoyance. Being real selective with these so it be helpful if they would all be posted at some certain time every day. Just don’t understand why they all over the place with these?? How hard would it be to put them all out around 9–10 every morning??? Doesn’t seem like that unreasonable of a ask!!

I was thinking Velasquez would struggle today as I think of Red Sox as a team who works counts and draws a lot of walks but that has not been the case at all this year!! Despite having the 3rd most at bats vs right handed pitchers they have drawn fewer walks than every team but the white Sox, only walking in 5% their AB’s, that crazy. Velasquez didn’t walk anyone in his last start which a big change from his norm, problem is with Sox walking damn near half as much as last season it tough to expect them to work the counts and force him into a typical outing.

My 1st thought was Evoldi ov 5.5 k’s but despite cws struggles against rhp they “only” striking out 20% the time and I do think the offense is coming around a bit. Eovaldi k/bb ratio been fantastic, he pitching his best when guys do get on base as he not allowing any of them to score! Oddly enough he getting hit harder at other times tho! All his runs allowed have came via the long ball! Maybe this comes from him not backing down and walking guys, he challenging them! There no way he can continue to strand everyone who gets on base tho!! He has had a pretty long career where he has consistently lived in the low 70% strand rate. I’m all for a guy not walking hitters, i much rather they give up a few more bombs and not give out free passes. That will have you going way deeper into games which will give you more chances to hit the k prop! White Sox barely hitting above the Mendoza line as a team vs rhp so it possible this continues w eovoldi tonight where he gives up a few solo bombs but is able to navigate his way thru another deep start, he has went 7 innings against jays and O’s his last 2 starts, if he can pull that off he should get to 6 k’s.

I ended up pulling trigger on Eovald ov 5.5 k’s. Just think he should go deep enough to get it done.

Tried something new but like this one:

Luis Garcia ov 16.5 outs. That 5.2 innings against a tigers team who not mustering much offense facing a guy who went 6 innings In b2b starts vs the Jays and prior to that 5.2 vs halo’s, both offenses a lot tougher to navigate than tigers who only have scored 4+ runs in 1 game since april 23rd. This has quality start written all over it.

I woulda been all bout gausman over 17.5 outs but it was -200! Im not paying that on something im just starting to dabble with!

I woulda been all bout gausman over 17.5 outs but it was -200! Im not paying that on something im just starting to dabble with!
Am I crazy for thinking that Cleveland can do some damage to him? I've been tempted to play Bieber at +

Am I crazy for thinking that Cleveland can do some damage to him? I've been tempted to play Bieber at +

I dunno. I didn’t like his k prop over so that something, lol. Off top my head I forget where I put his overall numbers but I don’t think it ever a bad idea playing Biebs at plus.

I know he kinda living off punch outs, certainly not a bad thing but Cleveland doesn’t strike out a lot (comparatively, they all strike out a lot these days!). Tribe put the ball in play anything can happen!

I’ll never be able to call them the guardians, not only is it stupid, there no abbreviation for it and it hard to spell! Lol

Man, I knew I shoulda went early and grabbed muts, when I 1st saw that line in the -120s I thought there was no damn way it would stay there! Feels like linemakers havnt given up on Phillies like I have already!! Lol. Mad max on the bump a day after that comeback? Doesn’t feel like a good spot for Phils, I just heard on radio that muts have yet to lose a series all year! They did split a 4 game series but other than that they have won every one! Not only that they havnt lost 2 games in a row all year! How crazy is that?

Had to pay a little more juice than I prefer but was able to get the fish/pads Ff u3.5, I thought for sure that would be a even 3!

Man, I knew I shoulda went early and grabbed muts, when I 1st saw that line in the -120s I thought there was no damn way it would stay there! Feels like linemakers havnt given up on Phillies like I have already!! Lol. Mad max on the bump a day after that comeback? Doesn’t feel like a good spot for Phils, I just heard on radio that muts have yet to lose a series all year! They did split a 4 game series but other than that they have won every one! Not only that they havnt lost 2 games in a row all year! How crazy is that?
Postponed as well, sheesh

On the bright side it looks like weather gonna break here in stl after the weekend, calling for 90s next week so shouldn’t be as many rain outs and ball should start flying!! Could be a situation where there some value on overs!!

I know he kinda living off punch outs, certainly not a bad thing but Cleveland doesn’t strike out a lot (comparatively, they all strike out a lot these days!). Tribe put the ball in play anything can happen!

I’ll never be able to call them the guardians, not only is it stupid, there no abbreviation for it and it hard to spell! Lol
I still call em the Tribe, that's my team. I'm hopeful that long-term the fanbase starts calling them the G's or something, ala the A's. That could work

Back