Friday Discussion Thread

FWIW, if you go look at the White Sox twitter feed, this team is getting shitfaced tonight after clinching the division today.

Now, they have all day tomorrow to sleep it off, and it's likely that LaRussa gives the starters another day off to get even more rest than that, but ... it sets up well for Cleveland.

FWIW, if you go look at the White Sox twitter feed, this team is getting shitfaced tonight after clinching the division today.

Now, they have all day tomorrow to sleep it off, and it's likely that LaRussa gives the starters another day off to get even more rest than that, but ... it sets up well for Cleveland.
Congrats on the division title.

Good note there, see what kind of number we see tomorrow.

Yeah, it's tough because the Sox have just been great against Cleveland this year. It's just how they've matched up. Even in the second game today they were up for a while playing basically the B-team. My guess, though, is that they lose tomorrow and they then get it together, be professionals, and then get the Saturday game.

But if, for whatever reason, they were to lose both tomorrow and Saturday, I'd look real hard at Sunday. One thing about this team all year is, generally, they respond well after a loss. Tonight's game doesn't count based on the division win, I think they only kind of care tomorrow. But if they were to lose again on Saturday, I think there'd be a foot put to an ass for Sunday. And, again, this team is just better than the Tribe.

all i needed was some @twinkie13 slander and the hot streak has begun

leans:
megillTY but i may have had my fill of backing NYM

WELLS since somehow TEX are gonna be favored this series?

EOVALDI if that price grows but BOS bullpen is way behind even the crappy NYY

hernandezc really like how KC has been building this team and they can certainly hit more than DET with more bullpen arms available too

hard to know what we'll get from bieber today

hard to know what we'll get from bieber today

This is the sort of classic, 'Should I bet on a bad team' series. There's every reason to go against the Sox today, but at the same time, Cleveland's season literally just ended and they're not really a good team. Or, at least, Chicago is a bad matchup for them this season. Now, they're not dumb, they knew this was coming and it was coming this weekend, but it still has to be a bit deflating. I'm off this game. I'm looking to come back with the Sox either tomorrow or in the finale on Sunday.

I don't think the lineup is out yet, but I imagine today's a lot like yesterday's second game. Which is the 'we're not really trying' lineup. My guess is they're back to whole tomorrow for Lynn, then use Sunday as sort of a light work day assuming they win tomorrow night.

I'm kind of interested in this Detroit game they're sticking into the off day on Monday, though. First, Detroit just took two from them so there's a little revenge angle. And it's a good day for Rodon to collect himself and make sure he's where he needs to be for the post-season.

Back