Friday 03/08/13 NBA discussion thread

I love how the officials got together to talk on that call.

"Well David said its close enough that we can overturn it"

If the Fav wasn't on a 12-0 run in games featured live at one of my books, I'd take LA here. But as it stands, I'm afraid of the *due dog result* showing up.

The level that kobe is playing in the 17th year of his career is just ridiculous. Just fucking unreal. In a few years we will really appreciate it. When he's gone

Sorry raptors backers. Lakers are covering this game IMO

tumblr_mbgbacA0G31r1g8zro1_400.gif

I think the warriors are going to end up being the team that misses the playoffs. GS does have a very favorable home schedule but Utah has great spots coming up over the next couple weeks. Gonna be a very interesting finish to the season.

Utah has the 5th hardest schedule in the league left (according to Sportscenter on ESPN)

I have no doubt that Lakers and Rockets will be in the playoffs. Wrote already about it several times.
I also have almost zero doubt that Utah won't be.
The only question is can Dallas grab GSW spot or not...

Mo Williams is gonna really help Utah. The jazz are winning on the 11th, 18th and 25th of this month.

That is the problem. I'm looking at Utah's schedule and there is a real chance they will win only 6 games on their next 12 (all their 6 home games or lose one, but make up for it on the road by winning one).
Lakers have much easier road games.
Utah has 4 playoff teams and two teams that are chasing her on the road (Portland and Dallas).
Lakers got Suns, Orlando, Minny and Kings. Four teams that can put up a fight, but don't have anything to play for. I assume they will win at least 3 of the 4 if not all 4 and will win both home games against Kings and Wizards. That's 5 or 6 wins already. On top of that, they play on the road against Bucks and GSW and Bulls at home. They handled Warriors really well this season and can win in Milwaukee as well and can win any team at home, so 1/2 out of 3 can be done. So I think that 7-8 wins during March is very possible - but Lakers play one game less...

April is much easier month for Utah, where they will win at least 4 games (Minny twice, Portland and NO at home).
That leaves them with Memphis on the road and at home, Thunder and Denver at home and GSW on the road. 2 wins possible, maybe three, though I doubt.
So 6 wins in April sounds about right and that's 12-13 wins till the end of the season.

Lakers leave LA only once the entire month and have only one B2B. I assume that they will lose playing B2B in Portland and will win the home games against Hornets and Warriors and will win at least 2 out of three, at home against Rockets, Memphis and Dallas, maybe all three.
That leaves games against Spurs and the Clippers. They can get at least a split, especially with Spurs playing very late in the season and Pop may choose to rest few players.
So that 5 - 6 wins.
That's 12 - 14 wins, so Lakers should be at least tied to Utah (that owns the tie breaker) with me being very very very kind to Utah and very harsh on the Lakers.

Back