Fondybadger's Friday Baseball

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Took two days off to completely clear my mind. I'm glad I looked over todays card and got my plays in earlier because I'm on tilt right now. Just choked qualify for the WSOP taking 4th place in a tourney where it was winner take all. I was chip leader with seven people left when I knocked the first two off the table, but probably over bet with A10 and a flop of AJJ (At start of hand I had like 120k, to 110 to 105, 4th place had like 35k). 2nd and 3rd place in chips checked to me, I bet pot and then I got a re-raise (from the guy in 3rd) and an all in (by 2nd place) back to me. Had 35k or so into the pot at that point, but I obviously folded. The first guy who re-raised me had an A5, but the all in 2nd place had a jack and knocked out 3rd place... So at that point he had 250k to my 90k and then the rest with 20-40k... I got knocked out with 4 ppl left when I bet (3x's blind) with 8's preflop and got a 47K flop. Pushed em in and he had a king. Then he knocked out the other two on next hand to win it seeing he had 400k to 17k and 8k. Just disappointed with the results.

Overall MLB Record 168-122-2 +$3239
Money Line Plays 120-77-1 +$3172
Run Line Plays 21-20 +$1141 (26-15 +$1133)
Totals
25-22-1 -$917
Parlays 2-3 -$157
$39,610 in total wagers
$139 average wager
Tuesday 2-6 -$645

$150 Mets ML -130
$150 Dbacks RL +160 (-125)
$100 Brewers/Padres under 7.5
$100 Giants RL +135 (-165)
$100 Cubs ML +110
$200 Angels +115
$100 Oak/Balt under 7.5
$250 Mariners -110
$100 Mariners/Royals under 8.5 -115
$100 White Sox -130
$50 Minny -130

- If you'd like to discuss any of these games I'll be in and out all day and I'll gladly give my thoughts, just don't feel like it at the moment.

Game Leans (375-289 +61.45 units)
I'm going to keep track of a pick for every game this season for shits and giggles. These are NOT plays, but are the side I lean as I want to see my pick % for the season. All leans are graded as 1 unit wagers on dogs and to win 1 unit on favorites.

Tuesday 4-11 -9.5
Mets -130
Braves -155
Pirates +166
Cardinals -150
Arizona -125
Brewers +120
Giants -165
Cubs +110
Angels +115
Tigers -125
Baltimore -105
Red Sox -180
Mariners -110
White Sox -130
Twins -130
GOOD LUCK!!!
:smiley_acbe:

You think that King Felix show up today?

Why the mets? A pitcher coming back from the DL.

I wouldn't have that much on him if I didn't think he'd be "back." He was solid his last time, but he wasn't economical with 100+ pitches in 5 innings. Third game back against a team that struggles to score runs sounds like a place for some good success.

Mets are a solid road team with a stellar bullpen. I expect Hernandez to be on a pitch count, but I feel he'll be able to give them a good 5 or 6 innings which should be enough to get the victory. Mitre's recent numbers look great, but his competition hasn't been very tough. Look for the Mets hitters to beat up on him.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">GL today Fondy! Have a great holiday.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hernandez is not on a pitch count. They actually expect him to pitch around 7 innings. GL

Hey fondy. Cant wait for the Brewers game today. Ryan Braun is finally here!!!! Brewers lineup is a force now. Gl tonight with the plays

Hey fondy. Cant wait for the Brewers game today. Ryan Braun is finally here!!!! Brewers lineup is a force now. Gl tonight with the plays

How long could a lineup like this be around?

LF Gwynn 24
SS Hardy 24
2nd Weeks 24
1st Fielder 23
CF Hall 27
3rd Braun 23
C Estrada 30
RF Hart 25

I really didn't know how to set that line up up. Ideally you don't want Weeks as a lead-off hitter as he has way too much power. You have three guys in that lineup that could be 20 steal + guys, 4 or 5 guys that could hit 30+ home runs, a .300 switch hitting catcher with Hart and Gwynn really being wild cards.

Sheets is still 28, Dave Bush is 27, Carlos Villanueva is going to be a top end starter who's 23, Dennis Sarfate is 26, Manny Parra, Mike Jones, and Zach Jackson are all 24 still, then you have the gem in Yovani Gallardo who just turned 21 and should be up by August and a front end starter... The team is young, they have veterans for now, and then there's another whole wave of pitchers coming... If a 1/3 of them pan out, they don't make a stupid signing for an over priced veteran and the core avoids a career ending injury it should be a good 7 or 8 year run, at least until the White Sox or Yankees sign fielder to be a DH, Weeks go to the Mets as an OF, Gallardo blows out his arm, Sheets gets traded for a can of beans, and Hall becomes a .200 hitter who can only hit with a pink bat...

As long as the Brewers can make the playofffs each of those 6 years and win 2 world series I wouldnt be upset when all that stuff happens in which you mentione because its pretty much inevitable. I think I would have to put the lineup like this
Gwynn RF
Hardy SS
Fielder 1B
Braun 3B
Hall CF
Weeks 2B
Estrada C
Hart LF

That would be my ideal starting lineup for next year.
Then with the pitching rotation of
Sheets
Suppan
Cappy
Villenueva
YoGo.

These are exciting times to be brewer fan and we have tons of more young talent on the way. Our minor league depth is incredible. Hopefully Mark Rogers remembers how to pitch again because he could be a stud

Gallardo's season stats

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="NHLsubheadingStats" style="background-color: rgb(10, 35, 81); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" nowrap="nowrap">Season Totals - Minors Pitching</td></tr><tr></tr></tbody></table> <table class="td0" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bsubcontentStats" style="background-color: rgb(142, 141, 140); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><td nowrap="nowrap">Club</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Class</td><td nowrap="nowrap">GS</td><td nowrap="nowrap">IP</td><td nowrap="nowrap">W</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L</td><td nowrap="nowrap">SV</td><td nowrap="nowrap">ERA</td><td nowrap="nowrap">WHP</td><td nowrap="nowrap">R</td><td nowrap="nowrap">ER</td><td nowrap="nowrap">H</td><td nowrap="nowrap">BB</td><td nowrap="nowrap">K</td><td nowrap="nowrap">CG</td><td nowrap="nowrap">SO</td></tr><tr class="tro"> <td>Nashville (PCL)</td><td nowrap="nowrap">AAA</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td><td nowrap="nowrap">48.2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td><td nowrap="nowrap">1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2.24</td><td nowrap="nowrap">0.89</td><td nowrap="nowrap">13 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">12</td><td nowrap="nowrap">27</td><td nowrap="nowrap">16</td><td nowrap="nowrap">66</td><td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td></tr></tbody></table>
He's 5-1 with a 2.24 ERA, a sub one WHIP... But look at that K to walk ratio, 66:16, jesus

He has thrown a 1 hitter 3 times so far this year with more than 8K I believe I heard. That amazing

Signal, I really don't feel you can bat Weeks down that far. I could see Hardy getting moved down before that.

I'm going to get laughed at for this, but I can really see Rich Harden in a Brewers uniform by next season. I think a package of Chris Capuano, Tony Gwynn Jr., SP Jeremy Jeffress/Will Inman, and a Cole Gilepsie type package could get it done.

Will Inman:
After leading Tunstall High to back-to-back Virginia state titles and setting the state record for strikeouts, Inman spurned an Auburn commitment to sign for $500,000. He followed a strong pro debut in 2005 by posting the second-best ERA in the minors. He didn't give up a run in 15 of his 23 outings at low Class A West Virginia.

Jeremy Jeffress:
Jeffress had more sheer velocity than any pitcher in the 2006 draft. The Brewers hoped for a quality college arm with the 16th overall pick, but changed gears and took Jeffress, who signed for $1.55 million. Despite control struggles in his pro debut, he rated as the top pitching prospect in the Rookie-level Arizona League.

Cole Gilepsie
Undrafted as a sophomore-eligible in 2005, Gillespie won a College World Series championship and the Pacific-10 Conference player of the year award last spring. After signing for $417,500 as a third-round pick, he led the Rookie-level Pioneer League in on-base percentage.

There is no way in hell I would do that deal Fondy. Inman is our 2nd rated pitching prospect and could be ready soon. I wouldnt mind Jeffress but Harden is injury prone and who knows what Inman or Jeffress could turn into. I think that is WAYYY to much to give up for Harden. Maybe a package like Cappy, Gwynn and a decent prospect but not one of our top guys in the minors

It would take one of our top guys in the minors to get a pitcher who can be dominant when healthy. I think something like that is worth the risk.

Cappy gives them an inning eater - could insert Bush in that role as well instead... Gwynn is a young outfielder that fits into their system. Then they're going to want one of your top pitching prospects. That's going to be Inman or Jeffries. May need another outfielder and Gilepsie is the best player that fits Oaklands system. Just one of those guys I can see being available and Milwaukee has the farm system to go get.

Back