• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

Wednesday May 1-Friday May 10 MLB picks

For transparency reason star plays are graded as 2 units and others as 1 unit.

Friday 5 -14. -15.10 Units
Saturday 13-9. +6.78 Units
Sunday 10-13. -6.63 Units

Overall

372 - 309. +28.21 Units

Webb couldnt come through but at least the over cashed. up and down Sunday 10-12 overall, but thankfully my #1 (Rangers) came back to win and 4 of the top 5 cashed so ended up + instead of a bad day like I thought at 3pm when all the teams were losing (Rangers, Rays, Nats, Pirates). Averted a disasterous Sunday with the comebacks.

Back a bit later with Monday's games, had to deal with an unexpected family emergency most of last night and AM. GL to all.

I swear Webb has like a 18 ERA when I'm on that dude.

I swear Webb has like a 18 ERA when I'm on that dude.
He's blown up a couple times on me, but when he's going good, he is a shutdown pitcher, when he goes bad the wagon falls off. I Didnt know he was still dealing with some sickness as they announced yesterday during the broadcast and having a 4th string catcher called up from the Minors didn't help his cause as he had to call his own game last night. Think those two things contributed to his bad night, and of course the Phillies bats are still hot.

Awesome day of MLB, 10-4 with rangers and dodgers game going. Rangers just came back from 0-2 to lead 3-2 on a bomb by Seager. What a night, esp if rangers cash too. and if Dodgers cash too, it'd be #1-7.

Great day in NBA too with Pacers and Minny blowing out Denver.

Rangers and Dodgers finish it off. Helluva day. Cashed #1-7 yet again. 12-5 overall. Hope some of you cashed.

⭐️Phillies-1-130-W
⭐️Rangers-130-W
⭐️Cleveland-113-W
⭐️Twins+120-W
⭐️Dodgers-1.5-123-W
⭐️Rays-1-115-W
⭐️Padres+110-W
⭐️Pirates/Angels Over 7.5-125-L
NY Mutts+110-W
Brewers+127-L
Pirates-135-W
Texas/Oakland Over 7.5-109-L
White Sox/Tampa Over 7-125-W
Giants/Phillies OVER 7.5-125-L
Detroit/Cleveland Over 7-130-L
SD Chaplins/Cubbies Over 7-114-W
Marlin/Dodgers Over 8-130-W

Rangers and Dodgers finish it off. Helluva day. Cashed #1-7 yet again. 12-5 overall. Hope some of you cashed.

⭐️Phillies-1-130-W
⭐️Rangers-130-W
⭐️Cleveland-113-W
⭐️Twins+120-W
⭐️Dodgers-1.5-123-W
⭐️Rays-1-115-W
⭐️Padres+110-W
NY Mutts+110-W
Brewers+127-L
Pirates-135-W
Looks like it will be easy for your tracker today - very nice Sir.

⭐️Phillies-1-130-W
⭐️Rangers-130-W
⭐️Cleveland-113-W
⭐️Twins+120-W
⭐️Dodgers-1.5-123-W
⭐️Rays-1-115-W
⭐️Padres+110-W
NY Mutts+110-W
Brewers+127-L
Pirates-135-W
Totally amazing day!

The stars were aligned!
Congrats Pirate!

12-5 Mon (7-1 Top plays)/392-327YTD/ (214-144 Top plays)

*All plays are standard bets unless adorned with a star. Those adorned with a star are TOP Plays.*Top plays are listed in order of strength.

⭐️Cubs-135
⭐️Yankees-111
⭐️Giants-144
⭐️Phillies-118
⭐️Mets+112
⭐️Reds+119
⭐️Baltimore Oreos-1.5-123
⭐️Rangers-112
⭐️Chicago/Tampa Over 7.5-115
⭐️Miami Fish/LA Doyers Over 7.5-105
Cleveland-118
Twins-135
Dodgers-1.5-130
Pirates-125
Royals-119
Red Sox RL (+1.5)-130
SD Chaplins/Chicago Cubbies Over 8.5-115
Arizona/Cincy Over 8-130
LAA/Pittsburgh Over 7.5-112
Detroit/Cleveland Over 8-130

Back from one unexpected Dr visit early AM to PT for my torn ACL which I'm not looking forward to this afternoon (have to get a reconstruction with a patellar tendon put in this summer). Hope everyone wins some again tonight. Last night was another incredible night, have to enjoy those when they come, cause regression is always around the corner. I may have a bad day or two but I always bounce back harder. Hope the gambling gods are on our side again today! GL all.

⭐️Phillies-1-130-W
⭐️Rangers-130-W
⭐️Cleveland-113-W
⭐️Twins+120-W
⭐️Dodgers-1.5-123-W
⭐️Rays-1-115-W
⭐️Padres+110-W
NY Mutts+110-W
Brewers+127-L
Pirates-135-W
Great work. I certainly cashed. GL today

Thank you, all the years of playing sports in HS and thru college and i finally tear an ACL at 43 playing bball with the kids. ughh

Looks like Rangers are in a rout of Oakland 9-0 in 2nd and threatening for more. Saw a lot on Oakland which I didn't understand---this is the time I expected Oakland to regress, against a much better team and boy are they today. May end up being the easiest bet of the day, barring a monumental 9-0 collapse. (edit now 11-0) LOL

Thank you, all the years of playing sports in HS and thru college and i finally tear an ACL at 43 playing bball with the kids. ughh

Looks like Rangers are in a rout of Oakland 9-0 in 2nd and threatening for more. Saw a lot on Oakland which I didn't understand---this is the time I expected Oakland to regress, against a much better team and boy are they today. May end up being the easiest bet of the day, barring a monumental 9-0 collapse. (edit now 11-0) LOL

Yeah, looking good.

Tailed you on the Rangers and added over 8.

Just need the A's to get over 3* runs for a great start to my day...

Looks like you got that bet this inning! Congrats!

Adding:
Mets/Cards Over 8-135

Note about Dbacks/Cincy Over/total above. Some of you remember the 2 bits of info i gave a few days about about 2 overs with Huge Hitter friendly Umpires who avg over 10 runs per game behind the plate this year. Well boys and girls, we have another very decisively pro Hitter working Dbacks/Cincy game. Vic "Base on Balls" Carapazza. This guy has averaged 10.1 runs per game he has officiated this year. In all but one of the 7 games, the run total hit 8 or above (8, 8, 16, 10, 9, 5). Only one below tonights total. He calls between 62-63% strikes (low for most umps), and averages close to 6 Walks issued per game. The avg ERA for his games is 4.7!
In his last 2 years as an Ump for National League games, 64% of his games have gone over, averaging 10.1 runs (across 25 games). None were in Colorado (Coors field)Now we just need to hitters to act accordingly and bring in the runs.

Philly/Toronto---The other game that has a VERY hitter friendly ump is my go-to from last time Andy "Walkman" Fletcher. He is posting an average of 14 runs per game this year in 7 appearances behind the plate. His lowest total? 8, followed by 9, 12, 16, 18 (these were games in some pitcher friendly parks--Kansas City, Chicago Wrigley, Milwaukee, Washington and Milwaukee again). This year his avg strike call is 62% (one of lowest in majors). Disclosure, I lean to the over in this game but I have not bet the total on this game yet as I have enough overs going (and a sizeable Philly bet) and with the pitching it wasn't my favorite (along with some patchy rain in forecast which could dampen scoring a bit), but if you're looking for an over, this might be a decent option.

Just passing along some info for those who factor in this kind of stuff on totals or deciding the size of their bet.

Looks like you got that bet this inning! Congrats!

Adding:
Mets/Cards Over 8-135

Note about Dbacks/Cincy Over/total above. Some of you remember the 2 bits of info i gave a few days about about 2 overs with Huge Hitter friendly Umpires who avg over 10 runs per game behind the plate this year. Well boys and girls, we have another very decisively pro Hitter working Dbacks/Cincy game. Vic "Base on Balls" Carapazza. This guy has averaged 10.1 runs per game he has officiated this year. In all but one of the 7 games, the run total hit 8 or above (8, 8, 16, 10, 9, 5). Only one below tonights total. He calls between 62-63% strikes (low for most umps), and averages close to 6 Walks issued per game. The avg ERA for his games is 4.7!
In his last 2 years as an Ump for National League games, 64% of his games have gone over, averaging 10.1 runs (across 25 games). None were in Colorado (Coors field)Now we just need to hitters to act accordingly and bring in the runs.

Philly/Toronto---The other game that has a VERY hitter friendly ump is my go-to from last time Andy "Walkman" Fletcher. He is posting an average of 14 runs per game this year in 7 appearances behind the plate. His lowest total? 8, followed by 9, 12, 16, 18 (these were games in some pitcher friendly parks--Kansas City, Chicago Wrigley, Milwaukee, Washington and Milwaukee again). This year his avg strike call is 62% (one of lowest in majors). Disclosure, I lean to the over in this game but I have not bet the total on this game yet as I have enough overs going (and a sizeable Philly bet) and with the pitching it wasn't my favorite (along with some patchy rain in forecast which could dampen scoring a bit), but if you're looking for an over, this might be a decent option.

Just passing along some info for those who factor in this kind of stuff on totals or deciding the size of their bet.

These seem to be solid. 1 cashed, `1 push and a over on Mutts/STL. The previous umpire post both overs cashed easy....Umpires do really help at times.

And Cubs win on walk-off! #1 top play cashes in glorious fashion again the #2 Yanks was easy with a smashing of Asstros, now need Giants and mets to hang on to clear all the top 5. YUUUGE!

thank you! Giants finished it off the the Top 5 to cash again. And dodgers went over themselves early in the game. what a night!

Great job on the top 5 star picks. I was on a couple of them. How did the other 16 picks finish.

thanks, Perhaps you're being sarcastic as I'm sure have seen the results as we all do. But to answer you, 2-3 on the remaining top plays, and regular small plays, up and down with the rest as Royals blew a 9th inning 2 run lead and Twins and Boston gave up the cover in 9th, but just cashed the remaining top play Dodgers over, which i also have Dodgers on the RL so that looks good. 2/4 of remaining totals cashed, 1 pushed, 1 lost. The top plays made my night big time again like last night. Looks like 11-9 overall if Dodgers hold the cover.

thanks, Perhaps you're being sarcastic as I'm sure have seen the results as we all do. But to answer you, 2-3 on the remaining top plays, and regular small plays, up and down with the rest as Royals blew a 9th inning 2 run lead and Twins and Boston gave up the cover in 9th, but just cashed the remaining top play Dodgers over, which i also have Dodgers on the RL so that looks good. 2/4 of remaining totals cashed, 1 pushed, 1 lost. The top plays made my night big time again like last night. Looks like 11-9 overall if Dodgers hold the cover.
No, actually I don't have the time to go through all of them which is why I asked.

yeah its a lot of games to keep up with.

11-9 last night, Cashed the top 5 (7-3 top plays). Awesome all around with NBA.

Grabbed these ahead of tomorrow., will update later in the AM

⭐️Yankees-136
⭐️Phillies-141
⭐️Baltimore-1-135
⭐️Cardinals-0.5-120 (First 5)
⭐️Rangers-125 (Game 1)
⭐️Cubs+125
⭐️Chicago/Tampa Over 8-120
Royals-125
Arizona-111
Giants-1-135
Detroit+125
Yanks/Asstros Over 8.5-120
Marlins/Dodgers Over 8.5-125

Last edited:
Listened to a few podcasts this morning. Several stadiums will have wind advantage today for hitters.

Pittsburgh
Philly
Kansas City
New York (maybe)

Did you see Willson Contreras fracture his forearm last night for the Cardinals? I've seen catchers get their hand/glove hit by a batter, or even a shoulder on a follow thru, but I've never seen a hitter swing and hit a catcher's forearm! It was ugly. He will be out a long time and he is the Cardinals best hitter.

For transparency reason star plays are graded as 2 units and others as 1 unit.

Overall

395 - 323. +44.13 Units

Picked up 4.06 Units yesterday

Listened to a few podcasts this morning. Several stadiums will have wind advantage today for hitters.

Pittsburgh
Philly
Kansas City
New York (maybe)

Did you see Willson Contreras fracture his forearm last night for the Cardinals? I've seen catchers get their hand/glove hit by a batter, or even a shoulder on a follow thru, but I've never seen a hitter swing and hit a catcher's forearm! It was ugly. He will be out a long time and he is the Cardinals best hitter.

Between the 6 screens in my office, I had the mets/cards game on a few times especially at the end so I missed the play but heard them talking about it. Having played catcher for years, I got injured a lot, usually hands, knees, Shoulder, but never hurt like that-cant even imagine. Sounds nasty. That will def hurt the cards hitting and with the pitchers as he's their best defensive option and the guy the pitching staff trusts.

For some reason I thought you were a pitcher not a catcher.

No, I only had 2 good pitches-a Screwball and a 4 seam so I was used only a few times in relief. Hated pitching. And tearing an acromian bone in the shoulder ruined any idea of pitching again. ha! And having a Great Uncle who caught for the Washington Senators, and a 2nd cousin named Mickey Cochrane only solified my interest in catching! ha!

Adding:
⭐️Pirates-127
⭐️Dbacks/Reds Over 9-105
Texas/Oakand Over 7.5-110 (Game 1)

Last edited:
adding:
⭐️Mariners-106
Braves-1-15
Tampa-1.5+100
Toronto/Philly Over 8-130

Full Card/Order:
⭐️Yankees-136
⭐️Phillies-141
⭐️Baltimore-1-135
⭐️Cardinals-0.5-120 (First 5)
⭐️Rangers-125 (Game 1)
⭐️Cubs+125
⭐️Pirates-127
⭐️Mariners-106
⭐️Giants-1-135
⭐️Chicago/Tampa Over 8-120
⭐️Dbacks/Reds Over 9-105
Royals-125
Arizona-111
Braves-1-15
Tampa-1.5+100
Detroit+125
Yanks/Asstros Over 8.5-120
Marlins/Dodgers Over 8.5-125
Texas/Oakand Over 7.5-110 (Game 1)
Toronto/Philly Over 8-130

Last edited:
Weathers struggles with control and can be a gas can. Stone is a young stud with shut-down pitches, against a weak Fish Lineup.

⭐️Dodgers-1.5-116

HA! Not quite.

Yankees the #1 play cashed easy and a few other biggies like texas over. If giants hold on it'll be a really good day. and if all holds like now it'll be an 11-10 day but thank you though!
Texas over was ⭐#13 and the Giants ⭐#8 correct? Great day indeed, you're welcome.

Another MLB day with a small and bleh slate but we grind on...Made some good money on Yanks yesterday, and the matchup calls for another yanks play today (They are my team as most know by now, but I often bet against them when the matchup warrants it). NYY owns the Asstros this year. In Stroman's last appearance at Houston, Yanks won 5-3, in a 6 IP effort, netting 4 strikeouts, and allowing 0 Earned runs.

*All plays are standard bets unless adorned with a star. Those adorned with a star are TOP Plays.*Top plays are listed in order of strength.

⭐️Yankees-122
⭐️Giants-142
⭐️Seattle+116
⭐️Cleveland-1-120
⭐Angels+105
⭐️Cardinals-115
⭐️Arizona/Cincy Over 8.5-125
Reds-118
KC/LAA Over 7.5-125
Seattle/Minnesota Over 6.5-110

Last edited:
Back