February Discussion Thread...

sabonis p/r ov 31.5., he looked great in his 1st game with kings now he gets a matchup vs wiz who struggled with bigs before trading Harrell away. Should be another 20+ double double for the big man.

Steph ov 36.5 (par): he should score 30+ Vs lakers who get torched by pg’s basically every night. Russ thinks he deserves to be on court at end of games as he continually lets his man blow by him while he has dilutions of grandeur.

No bron props yet but he needs 19 points to be greatest scorer of all time, gotta think he puts his scoring cap on and gets aggressive with his offense early.
Like all 3. IF sabonis plays the minutes he hits. Steph will be aggressive early and bron scoring 30 is only way lakers can compete.

If Klay is 2.5 again I’m on it. He shot like shit vs the Knicks and still got 3.

Julius props vs blazers. Port front count outside nurkic if brutal and west cost trip orange Julius is averaging about 30 and his Rebs abs assists are up as well.

Steph points ar 24.5 seems too easy for over. Could easily see him having one of those 15-20 point quarters vs this laker team. Seeing Klay 2.5 3s -166 on FD

Anytime I’m ready to get behind them they shit the bed. They should beat Portland but I feel safer playing props
Just the concept that the Blaze conquered the unimaginable against LA a couple nights ago is all I need to fade that sinking ship

They got the ultimate one game boost after the trade, time for reality to set in

Just the concept that the Blaze conquered the unimaginable against LA a couple nights ago is all I need to fade that sinking ship

They got the ultimate one game boost after the trade, time for reality to set in
Very few games are ever easy backing my Knicks but I hope you’re right

Should be pretty favorable matchup wise for Knicks also, they tend to defend pg’s reasonably well, I think blazers gonna be pretty Simons centric going forward. Initially I was leaning his props but didn’t think was a great day to play him after digging into matchup a little deeper.

Plus ya’ll know my Knicks theory, only play on them when their fans skittish bout it or against them (see the other night in gs!) against them when fans gain little confidence. @Big daddy naught seems skittish so should be ok! Lol. No disrespect to Knicks fans and def not our guy BDN, I just think that team would be impossible to figure out watching them night in and night out!!

Should be pretty favorable matchup wise for Knicks also, they tend to defend pg’s reasonably well, I think blazers gonna be pretty Simons centric going forward. Initially I was leaning his props but didn’t think was a great day to play him after digging into matchup a little deeper.

Plus ya’ll know my Knicks theory, only play on them when their fans skittish bout it or against them (see the other night in gs!) against them when fans gain little confidence. @Big daddy naught seems skittish so should be ok! Lol. No disrespect to Knicks fans and def not our guy BDN, I just think that team would be impossible to figure out watching them night in and night out!!
I eliminated the NYK factor and would simply fade the Blaze even against the Ducks if they played tonight

This is an against play, not a play on NYK

Was that team blazers had out there against lakers bout what they gonna look like now or were they missing some guys they acquired in trades still? If that is it they look really really bad, like worst team in the league bad going forward!! Why didn’t they hold on to Alexander-walker? At least he a intriguing piece with some talent/potential! Just handing him over to Utah seemed dumb to me.

I eliminated the NYK factor and would simply fade the Blaze even against the Ducks if they played tonight

This is an against play, not a play on NYK

I feel ya. If that roster they had vs lakers what they gonna look like rest of year id say you can basically fade them every day! If you get a team that can defend the point blazers really gonna struggle since it looks like Simons and Nuric are basically it far as legit nba talent on that team!

I really don’t understand what blazers doing? They won’t let go of Dame but they just stripped the team down to nothing, it not like they can simply clear cap space and bring in free agents cause nobody wants to go to Portland!!

Reactions: KJ
I really don’t understand what blazers doing? They won’t let go of Dame but they just stripped the team down to nothing, it not like they can simply clear cap space and bring in free agents cause nobody wants to go to Portland!!
Then let's get to the Lakers... is Russ going to end up being a contract to offload and bought out? I'd say it's borderline hilarious but that would discredit borderline.

I hope they at least stockpiling draft picks since that seems like there only route to having players, but dame ain’t young enough to stick around for that, even if they hit in draft by time those kids ready to compete dame be past his prime.

Then let's get to the Lakers... is Russ going to end up being a contract to offload and bought out. I'd say it's borderline hilarious but that would discredit borderline.

I havnt understood wtf lakers doing since they traded for Russ!! They were better before that deal!! Apparently the reason they didn’t do anything at trade deadline was because they were unwilling to part with a ‘27 1st rounder? Lol. I’m sure that thrilled bron, like he gave a shit bout a pick 5 years from now! Not sure they woulda been able to do all that much anyways, I assume that woulda been the Russ for wall deal and rockets wanted Horton-Tucker and the pick to do it? Apparently Tucker wasn’t as coveted as lakers thought he should be, lol.

All I see for lakers next move other than some buyout bs is firing Vogal, like that gonna fix anything!!

all I do know is the teams who have lakers next 2-3 1st round picks should be loving life, long as they not lotto protected! I’m sure lakers thought they were dealing picks that were gonna be in the 20s! Not gonna be the case, lol.

all I do know is the teams who have lakers next 2-3 1st round picks should be loving life, long as they not lotto protected! I’m sure lakers thought they were dealing picks that were gonna be in the 20s! Not gonna be the case, lol.
I still laugh that the Suns got 4 first rounders from them for Steve Nash

LAL must hate the pressure of drafting

I still laugh that the Suns got 4 first rounders from them for Steve Nash

LAL must hate the pressure of drafting

I mean rams not interested in their picks either. You gotta have stars to be relevant, just winning not even enough so it makes sense from that regard but you better be smart about it. Rams do pretty well with the approach. Seahawks suck at drafting but they do dumb shit like give up 2 1st for a freaking safety!!

I mean rams not interested in their picks either. You gotta have stars to be relevant, just winning not even enough so it makes sense from that regard but you better be smart about it. Rams do pretty well with the approach. Seahawks suck at drafting but they do dumb shit like give up 2 1st for a freaking safety!!
All I know is the more picks you have, the less it stings when most of them flame out. You're gonna strike gold inevitably with a couple but Lakers don't even have that chance.

Crazy over the last 10 years the Suns have had 25 picks in a 2-round draft. Most have fizzled. But they also got Booker, Ayton and Cam Johnson out of those. It really is a numbers game that LAL simply don't play well.

All I know is the more picks you have, the less it stings when most of them flame out. You're gonna strike gold inevitably with a couple but Lakers don't even have that chance.

When you trade them to get AD, when he plays like he should! It not a big deal, when you trade them for Russ it stings!!

When you trade them to get AD, when he plays like he should! It not a big deal, when you trade them for Russ it stings!!
Team is old, gets hurt and has zero draft capital for the foreseeable future. Not a great business plan.

Team is old, gets hurt and has zero draft capital for the foreseeable future. Not a great business plan.

Ok but that not cause they traded picks for AD. I don’t think picks all that important other than for trading for the marquee nba franchises. When the last time lakers won rings cause of a draft pick they actually used on player? Magic? Lol. Kobe/shaq dynasty had nothing to do with picks or kobe/gasol after that. Trading your picks is fine, especially when you a team who always gonna be able to bring in top flight free agents. For teams like suns yes picks important, for lakers not so much. The fact they being managed poorly and fact they dont have picks don’t go hand and hand, they just sacrificed their picks for a guy who always been fragile and then for Russ, that might not have been real bright but using the picks themselves to acquire known commodities never been a big problem.

I think you value "known" commodities much more than I do

I know what they have done, the skill is predicting what they will do. And rarely is it even close to what they have done on another team.

I think you value "known" commodities much more than I do

I know what they have done, the skill is predicting what they will do. And rarely is it even close to what they have done on another team.

Known commodities have been winning championships for a long time.

In theory they should have 5 more years of AD in his prime. There no disputing he a top 5 player when he wants to be. The problem is he always been a brittle bitch.

In theory they should have 5 more years of AD in his prime. There no disputing he a top 5 player when he wants to be. The problem is he always been a brittle bitch.
But everyone knew he was fragile. It's not his choice to break easily, it's just what happens when you're that size and have to run like a cheetah. Body isn't built for that, it's been predictable really.

But everyone knew he was fragile. It's not his choice to break easily, it's just what happens when you're that size and have to run like a cheetah. Body isn't built for that, it's been predictable really.

I kinda disagree about not his choice. It well known he doesn’t put the work in on his body and he is a wuss who sits over every little thing. You right he was already known for that., I’m just saying trading the picks for a top 5 guy wasn’t the problem, it the fact they traded them for a guy who fragile!!

Comparing Kobe/Shaq era 20 years ago isn't relevant at all these days. Different sport.

Comparing Kobe/Shaq era 20 years ago isn't relevant at all these days. Different sport.

No it not. If AD wasn’t brittle there be nothing wrong with giving up 2-3-4 1st rounders for a franchise players prime years.

No it not. If AD wasn’t brittle there be nothing wrong with giving up 2-3-4 1st rounders for a franchise players prime years.
But he is lol and my point. You aren't giving away a franchise guy for draft picks, to think AD was a franchise guy in NO was a myth and he wasn't staying anyway.

Guarantee no one is giving up Luca or Ja for draft picks

Obviously we not gonna agree on this but it proven in the nba you don’t need to draft players to win. You need to use your draft picks to acquire franchise players, I just fail to see the difference in whether you trade them for it or wait till you get lucky and one actually hits?

But he is lol and my point. You aren't giving away a franchise guy for draft picks, to think AD was a franchise guy in NO was a myth and he wasn't staying anyway.

Guarantee no one is giving up Luca or Ja for draft picks

They will if they force their way out of town. Not much choice.

If that's their deal, they wouldn't remotely be franchise players.

See what I did there?

But you know that not true. Although I’m not sold on Luca anyways and he the most likely to do it so I guess you win! Lol

Real franchise guys embrace being the foundation wherever they are

The others are AD and Kawhi

Small markets aren't really small anymore with all the available channels/streaming etc. That's really what has changed.

Man anything dating back over a decade I can't play ball with, game changes faster than that

You're sounding as old as I feel right now

Kg. We can’t say 20 years or less irrelevant. That crazy. It the same concept. I can’t help the last few guys to force their way out were fragile bums! Doesn’t mean the next few will be! I think it gonna happen with Luca for real, I dunno if ya can blame him with the shit show job Dallas doing. I don’t love Luca tho, he needs to mature and discover the gym!

Small markets aren't really small anymore with all the available channels/streaming etc. That's really what has changed.

There still guys that will always want to live in big markets. Think if I’m a superstar and can have my choice I rather be in Cali than Detroit.

Zion feels that way. Of course he always hurt and fat which apparently kills my side according to you! Lol., I can’t control the most recent versions of guys that want to be in big cities have been injury prone, I doubt that continues to be the case.

There not a lot of cases of teams not drafting in the lottery building a winner thru draft. Are there any? So trading your lotto tickets for known commodities bad business? Maybe if the known commodity has issues. Maybe not: still unlikely lakers would have drafted a better player than AD with the picks they gave up. He really isn’t the biggest problem with them.

Back