ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 8

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Steve and Bear are both on Army and Air Force, opposite sides of N Dame/USC (I'm going the same way as Steve, I see no reason to bet USC the rest of the season)

Stanford Steve— Week 8 (0-0) Season (19-17) Best Bet (3-2) 2020 Season (32-27)
Notre Dame -7
UCLA -2
Ole Miss -9
Army +3
Air Force -3 (120)
Texas A&M -19.5
TCU -4.5

Greg McElroy Week 8 (0-0) Season (12-9)
App State +5
Wisc/Purdue u 40
UCLA -2

The Bear— Week 8 (0-0) Season (13-19) 2020 Season (25-21)
USC +7
Iowa St -7
Miami +3
Army +3
Air Force -3x
Oregon State +3
Bank Picks— Week 8 (0-0) (10-11)

Phil Steele-- Week 8 (0-0) Season (27-25)
2020 Season (27-40)
Louisiana Tech +6x
Wyoming -20
Texas State +10x
Wisconsin -3
Morehead State +7x
Colorado St -3

Scott Van Pelt— Week 8 (0-0) Season (24-22) 2020 Season (42-39)

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 7 (0-0) Season (14-22) 2020 Season (35-37)
Cinc (+6.5) 27-30
Car (-2.5) 26-20
Phil (+3) 24-23
TB (-12.5) 33-17
SF (-4) 32-23

My Picks— Week 8 (0-0) Season (26-15) 2020 Season (48-31)
LSU +11x
N C State -3
SMU -13x
Pitt -3
Ohio St -9x first half (125)
Cincinnati -7 first quarter (115)

Definitely adding N Dame, but will wait till late Saturday to bet it. I see -6x in a couple of places, but can't get that so far. Waiting till game time if I have to. If I can't get the -6x I'll take the -7. Also probably play N Dame ML.

Gameday Super Dog Pick, Season Record
Desmond—6-1
Lee—4-2-1
Reece—5-2
Kirk—4-3
David—3-4

Last edited:
ML DOG PICKERS:

Pamela Maldonado
Week 8 (0-0) Season (10-10)
Cincinnati +230
Philadelphia (didn't say the line)
Tennessee (didn't say the line)

Bill Trocci— Week 8 (0-0) Season (9-12)
Oklahoma State
Purdue
San Diego State

Bill Bender-- Week 8 (0-0) Season (8-13)
Oklahoma State
Army
Clemson

Adding this ML picker this week because he’s in the same contest as the two above and beating them both for the season:
Zac Al-KhateebWeek 8 (0-0) Season (10-11)
Oklahoma St
Oregon
Clemson

Last edited:
ESPN D-League Pickers:

Tyler Fulghum
—Season 11-6
Oklahoma -38.5
Pitt -3
Alabama first half -14

Joe Fortenbaugh
—Season 14-13
SMU -13x
Ohio +5x
UCLA -2
Clemson +3.5

Bill Connelly
—Season 17-16
UConn +15.5
Colo St -3.5
LSU/Ole Miss Under 76
Fresno State -3
Notre Dame -7

Doug Kezirian—Season 16-17
Cal -9
Ohio State -20
Toledo +2

David M. Hale—Season 9-11
Iowa State -7
Oregon +2
Buffalo -11

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey Week Week 8 (0-0) Season (5-8)
2020 Season (14-12)
Ohio St -21
W Forest -3
Matt Week Week 8 (0-0) Season (6-7) No 2020 Season
Wisc/Purdue o 40x
NW/Mich u 50

Last edited:
Think Bear is on these from Daily Wager show

Army +3
Miami +3
Iowa State -7

From Podcast:

Stanford Steve

UCLA (-2)
Ole Miss (-9)
Air Force (-3) bought the half
Notre Dame (-7)
Texas A&M (-21)
TCU (-4.5)

I like ncst also. -3 feels kinda short to me. If they continue feeding Pearson and knight at the rate I prefer them too (15-20 touches each!) they should gash the canes run d. Only thing I dislike bout ncst is I think they to often get away from feeding those 2. Id prefer they only count on Leary with occasional play action and to pick up 3rd downs.

Bear added Air Force -3 on the pod.

He said he'd bet Bama for sure if Milton is the QB

Not sure if he made them all official plays but he said he was most likely gonna be on all the unranked favs vs ranked teams, off top my head that would be AF, iowa st, ucla, and wiscy. Nevermind, I think he said he done with wiscy (he has taken them a bunch, bout time he figured it out!). The other 3 think he said if he didn’t have them as plays already they be added to the board.

I do hate playing ranked dogs vs unranked but think that angle been kinda played out to a extent so doesn’t worry me like it used to. ucla the only one I even consider and not sure I play them, never know wtf you gonna get in pac12! I lean SDst catching anything above 3. Just Dunno how you lay points in that game? No opinion on okie lite vs iowa st, feels like too many imo but I don’t particularly like the Cowboys, one these days someone gonna beat them! I’ll see what kj thinks there.

Added Stanford Steve and Bear picks:
Steve
Notre Dame -7
UCLA -2
Ole Miss -9
Army +3
Air Force -3 (120)
Texas A&M -19.5
TCU -4.5

Bear
USC +7
Iowa St -7
Miami +3
Army +3
Air Force -3x
Oregon State +3

Adding SMU -13x. Most points I've laid all season I think. I hate to lay points, especially that many, but everything says SMU to me

SMU was one of my two future bets at over 6.5 games and they stand at six now, so I've got that one in the bag. A couple of my handicapping buddies say I shouldn't even play this game because in a way I'm already on it, but I really like the Ponies so I'm on it anyway

Last edited:
I was looking for reasons to play wake then someone brought up the over in discussion thread. After looking at a bunch I do think that total pretty doable. I don’t see wake stopping the army rushing attack, the dive plays gonna kill them I think, and would expect wake offense to continue getting theirs. Something like 31-27 seems more than reasonable and way more than the 52 total! Suppose prob be wise to check weather as I did see chance of rain earlier in the week.

I like ncst also. -3 feels kinda short to me. If they continue feeding Pearson and knight at the rate I prefer them too (15-20 touches each!) they should gash the canes run d.

Agree with that. And this is also a bet against Miami for me. I laid points against them at home with Mich St because I thought the Spartans were a lot tougher. Feel the same about NC St. Not sure who is playing QB for Miami tonight, but I never thought King was a good enough passer to be a Power 5 QB.

Three ACC games interest me, 2daBank--Pitt/Clemson, Virg/G Tech, and V Tech/Syracuse. You got any feel for those?

Agree with that. And this is also a bet against Miami for me. I laid points against them at home with Mich St because I thought the Spartans were a lot tougher. Feel the same about NC St. Not sure who is playing QB for Miami tonight, but I never thought King was a good enough passer to be a Power 5 QB.

Three ACC games interest me, 2daBank--Pitt/Clemson, Virg/G Tech, and V Tech/Syracuse. You got any feel for those?

At one point I think king was pretty solid but he a shell of that guy now. I assumed it be van dyke and he not very accurate either.

I’m all over pitt-3 again, I grabbed this morning when it got back down to that, I have them winning by 10ish but I do see a scenario where tigers are able to make it another low scoring battle so rather not go higher than -3 in case that happens and Pitt wins a tight one. I like the fact total got hit up to 48, think it validates my thoughts that Pitt can score 27/28 on this tigers d which is really good but hasn’t been tested all that much with potent passing attacks , certainly not any of pitt caliber imo.

Pickett has been awful in this game in his career, I recall being on them last year (getting a bunch of points) and he threw 2-3 picks really quickly and pitt was buried fast. No secret I think Pitt the class the acc this year and they another team I would think licking their chops to exact a little revenge on clemson while they down. Pitt oline been fantastic protecting Pickett this year and in turn he been lights out against the blitz. Really believe they score mid/high 20s minimum and I don’t believe clemson can score more than 20 on this d. Think i say every week the Pitt secondary concerns me some but can DJ really take advantage and consistently beat them? Especially knowing he most likely will be under plenty of pressure. I think Pitt d every bit as good these teams that been holding tigers under 20, at this point don’t we have to believe this what they are? To me this statement game for the team I think the best in the acc.

Next game that really scares me for Pitt (assuming they don’t do Pitt things and lose to Duke, lol), is uva, uva could be a nightmare for them in a game that prob ends up with last team havinv the ball wins. Unc doesn’t worry me as much cause I don’t think Howell with have the time to beat them.

I havnt looked at those other games yet but I will get to them by 2marro.

That game interests me too and Wake is the side I like. Those guys just keep fighting and keep scoring and keep finding a way to win. And they have some big time athletes in that program now

I have no doubt they can score on army. Just dunno if they can stop the option? They been getting gashed on the ground lately.

Didn’t play anything tonight, I wanted to play the under in the ull/Arky st game but didn’t have the stones. Plus it started earlier than I realized. Didn’t break my heart, lol.

I have no doubt they can score on army. Just dunno if they can stop the option? They been getting gashed on the ground lately.
That's why Wake first caught my eye. I haven't bet against them this season, but several different weeks I thought about it because over the years they've been really well coached, but the players look more like Group of Five athletes. But in every one of those games I considered betting against them they kept punching away and came back to win.

I finally watched parts of their games and I was impressed by the size and athleticism of their athletes. They look as big as Notre Dame and they are a bunch of tough guys, but their D doesn't seem to shut anyone down.

I'm gonna pass. Wake seems to me like they are too good for Army, but Army surprises me every time I think that (except for their inexplicable loss to Ball St)because they are tough guys too

I'll be watching it though. I love teams like those two

That's why Wake first caught my eye. I haven't bet against them this season, but several different weeks I thought about it because over the years they've been really well coached, but the players look more like Group of Five athletes. But in every one of those games I considered betting against them they kept punching away and came back to win.

I finally watched parts of their games and I was impressed by the size and athleticism of their athletes. They look as big as Notre Dame and they are a bunch of tough guys, but their D doesn't seem to shut anyone down.

I'm gonna pass. Wake seems to me like they are too good for Army, but Army surprises me every time I think that (except for their inexplicable loss to Ball St)because they are tough guys too

I'll be watching it though. I love teams like those two

I think wake is the right side too, line feels low and has lot the picker guys taking army but I couldn’t do it. If the weather decent I do think over makes a lot of sense, if it is in fact a close game I’d be shocked if it didn’t go over.

Stanford Steve and Joe Fortenbaugh posted their Triple Option picks today on Daily Wager. Joe just dropped his Clemson pick and posted the other three from his weekly picks, Steve posted three of his picks above, N Dame, Ole Miss, A Force

There are several more I like this week, but haven't done much work on any of them. Anyone have a feel for any of the following:

Strong lean Pitt -3, N Dame -7, lean La Tech +7, K St +1, Ok State +7, Ohio State 1st half -9x, Virginia -6.

And I'll keep making my standard Bama picks I've been making almost every week since mid-season last year thanks to the cappers on this board who first opened my eyes to it--Bama first quarter side and total, half -13, might even add in game side -27,

Slight lean Okla -38…never laid that many points in my life, but love the situation. Even when the game is in hand and Rattler comes in OU will keep running the offense full tilt to keep Rattler's head in the season.

In fact I think all the big favorites may be almost as good a bet as SMU was. I might play a parlay of OU, Bama, Cincinnati, and Ohio State. Maybe make it five teamer with aTm.

There are several more I like this week, but haven't done much work on any of them. Anyone have a feel for any of the following:

Strong lean Pitt -3, N Dame -7, lean La Tech +7, K St +1, Ok State +7, Ohio State 1st half -9x, Virginia -6.

And I'll keep making my standard Bama picks I've been making almost every week since mid-season last year thanks to the cappers on this board who first opened my eyes to it--Bama first quarter side and total, half -13, might even add in game side -27,

Slight lean Okla -38…never laid that many points in my life, but love the situation. Even when the game is in hand and Rattler comes in OU will keep running the offense full tilt to keep Rattler's head in the season.

In fact I think all the big favorites may be almost as good a bet as SMU was. I might play a parlay of OU, Bama, Cincinnati, and Ohio State. Maybe make it five teamer with aTm.

good point with Ou and rattler, Riley has to appease him enough to keep him away form the transfer portal till after the season, they have no QBs behind him!! seems like a spot covering the massive full game number makes more sense..

i been kicking around the idea of playing cincy in the 1sr half in all these games i assume they gonna be huge favs in, thinking smu the only team left that poses a threat to them,, i chickened out and didnt start last week which cost me a W! they should steamroll navy, just not sure which a better move, 1st half to avoid coasting in 2nd? or do we run the risk of them being flat early on? (Thought on this idea as a whole, not just this game),, navy defense is allowing 6 ypp but the run d isnt their biggest issue, smartest thing for bearcats to do is look to hit them over the top early on then go to the run game after they get a lead..

we talked about this one in another thread already, i like k-st but waiting as i prefer they remain small dogs, if line flips i will most likely pass (pk ok, if k-st moves to favs it would worry me). . imo the records just a result of k-st facing the better big12 teams while tech been facing the teams on bottom the conf, plus k-st played a few without Thompson, they a vastly different team when he taking the snaps.. wrong team favs imo and think this game flying under the radar a bit.. good spot for the cats to snap that 3 game skid they on, line makes no sense from a power rating perspective, total is awful high for a game that should have a limited amount of snaps, i gotta be missing something there? cats allowing teams to complete damn near 75% their passes (129th out of the 130 ncaa d1 teams!), not good!!! last 2 games qbs been 22 of 25 in each, once again not good! surely that gets better? they were pretty solid against Strong and the nevada passing attack. Columbo has been decent filling in at qb for tech, he has won 2 of 4 games but put up decent numbers in the losses vs bad defenses of texas and tcu. maybe the total isnt low! from a efficiency standpoint it makes sense, from tempo/amount of plays it is high! i think k-st defense the lessor of the 2 evils and really think they just a better team..

talk to me bout ND? several guys i respect seem to be playing them but i dont see it, just cant lay this many points with a Irish team who hasnt got margin in many games. the wiscy win the score was incredibly deceiving, that game was tied going into the 4th quarter when wiscy just imploded. purdue was a one possession game going into the 4th as well.. all their other wins been one possession games vs teams id say are similar to usc in the power ratings.. of course on the flip side usc games hav been close at all, every one their losses been by dd, 2 of them to very average teams. i have no idea here! lol,., if you made me play i would take the points just cause irish playing everyone close i think is more likely to continue than usc getting beat down in every loss..not touching it tho, usc injury report was so long made me dizzy to look at!! lol

okie lite another one these ranked dogs to unranked and this the biggest spread of them all despite cowboys being the highest ranked team in this spot! there no way i could lay a td with iowa st,., okie st has a really long injury list, i dunno how impactful they all are? since you can never believe them anyways i didnt even look how many are new injuries and who they were. i think both these defenses better than the offenses, cowboys have owned this series of late and most the games been really close, it been 7 years since this game been decided by more than a td, so naturally they make this spread 7!! lol.. how do you lay that here? the 7 is so so tempting even if i dont think okie st as good their record or ranking suggest.

i lean gtech, i struggle with idea of laying points with uva cause the way they play, despite high scoring games that should have more variance they tend to play close games,., i think gtech is gonna be able to run the ball on a really bad uva d. im surprised you lean to laying the points knowing you typically on same page as me favoring the better defense and run game. pitt the only team who has blown gtech out and uva hasnt really won acc games by margin outside blowing puke out. last 3 meetings have all been close and i think gtech has improved quite a bit under this coach.

ESPN D-League Pickers:

Tyler Fulghum
—Season 11-6
Oklahoma -38.5
Pitt -3
Alabama first half -14

Joe Fortenbaugh
—Season 14-13
SMU -13x
Ohio +5x
UCLA -2
Clemson +3.5

Bill Connelly
—Season 17-16
UConn +15.5
Colo St -3.5
LSU/Ole Miss Under 76
Fresno State -3
Notre Dame -7

Doug Kezirian—Season 16-17
Cal -9
Ohio State -20
Toledo +2

David M. Hale—Season 9-11
Iowa State -7
Oregon +2
Buffalo -11

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey Week Week 8 (0-0) Season (5-8)
2020 Season (14-12)

Matt Week Week 8 (0-0) Season (6-7) No 2020 Season
The Tyler Fulgham guy has a hell of a record this year

The Tyler Fulgham guy has a hell of a record this year
Agree. He's been solid all year. One thing that has helped him is he had faded Kansas every week, no matter what the point spread is. He announced early on he as going to do it every week all season and he has. He also points out he went to Missouri and Kansas is their most hated rival so he gets the double pleasure of winning money and doing against the team he hates most.

That 38x he's laying with OU seems like a lot, but I'm going to at least bet it in a parlay

Agree. He's been solid all year. One thing that has helped him is he had faded Kansas every week, no matter what the point spread is. He announced early on he as going to do it every week all season and he has. He also points out he went to Missouri and Kansas is their most hated rival so he gets the double pleasure of winning money and doing against the team he hates most.

That 38x he's laying with OU seems like a lot, but I'm going to at least bet it in a parlay
I followed your parley suggestion Took OU -38.5, Cincy -28, Bama -24 & Ohio State -21 for $50 pays $565 (paid extra for .5 off the Bama line)

I'm not betting any of those games except Ohio State -20 which I took early this week

the 7 is so so tempting even if i dont think okie st as good their record or ranking suggest.
I see it the same way. The Ok State injuries don't mean anything to me because the main two D guys they are missing have been out all year.

If I play it I'll be on Ok State, but to me the problem with this game is the same one that beat me last week when I State played Kansas State. The game was decided on the first play when Breece broke a 75-yard TD run. After that they were even. These Big 12 teams with good Ds are so evenly matched they are decided by one play a huge amount of the time.

That one play has gone in my favor most of the season, but I get tired of grinding it out

The 7 looks exactly right to me. Warren has turned into a monster RB for Okla State and is as good as Breece in my opinion. Purdy is a better passer than Sanders is a lot better runner and Gundy is using him mostly as a runner.

This game is the same as Army/Wake Forest to me. I like both teams, but I don't think it's possible for me to find a real edge for ether team using rational handicapping methods

Took OU -38.5, Cincy -28, Bama -24 & Ohio State -21 for $50
Like it. I'm going to do something similar and switch them around in a a few 2-team parlays. I might add aTm and do a 5-teamer as well. All for twenty bucks or so.

The only one I may bet straight up is Bama

I see it the same way. The Ok State injuries don't mean anything to me because the main two D guys they are missing have been out all year.

If I play it I'll be on Ok State, but to me the problem with this game is the same one that beat me last week when I State played Kansas State. The game was decided on the first play when Breece broke a 75-yard TD run. After that they were even. These Big 12 teams with good Ds are so evenly matched they are decided by one play a huge amount of the time.

That one play has gone in my favor most of the season, but I get tired of grinding it out

The 7 looks exactly right to me. Warren has turned into a monster RB for Okla State and is as good as Breece in my opinion. Purdy is a better passer than Sanders is a lot better runner and Gundy is using him mostly as a runner.

This game is the same as Army/Wake Forest to me. I like both teams, but I don't think it's possible for me to find a real edge for ether team using rational handicapping methods

it sure seems like every matchup between these 2 is decided by a td or less.. i saw kj is on isu but havnt been able to get his thoughts on it yet, only reason i backed off k-st last week was his super passionate stance that isu was the right side (he one the more fair fans when it comes to his squad, i was surprised to see him on isu here).. thought k-st was gonna end up covering at the end, if they only had 1 more minute you woulda had it!! think i feel more strongly about taking the points in this one, the only thing i dont like about it is the ranked dog to a unranked angle.

Blazing Five

Cinc (+6.5) 27-30
Car (-2.5) 26-20
Phil (+3) 24-23
TB (-12.5) 33-17
SF (-4) 32-23

did you hear colin before he made the picks? guy sounds defeated already, lol.. im still not buying this narrative he has created that he a lifetime 57% nfl capper, he has def had a few really strong years and i think he a solid capper but ill say same thing as last week, if you go 55-57% for a couple years but then have a few bad in a row you not close to 57% overall, the math dont add up!! lol.. he continues to say "everyone struggled last year cause rona" which simply isnt true but then again neither is his 57% lifetime claim,, mr "america's honesty broker"!!, he either lying to us or himself on this!!!

far as the plays this week he seems to be falling back into same pattern as last year, says he doesnt like favs then he proceeds to play a bunch of them!

panthers has to be the squarest bet on the board, i know this cause i wanted to bet them the minute i saw the line and i know how square my initial reaction is, especially in NFL!! lol.. not sure if i have the guts to take the giants but this feels a lot like saints game (where i did play them ,mostly pissed off they lost to atl the week before), since gmen have began to be perpetual bottom feeders this the kind of game they win!!

i love the bungals getting 6.5,, all the talk with them is about borrow and the offense (burrow is awesome, i was so wrong bout him), but what nobody brings up is cincy defense has been fantastic imo, what a crazy shock that is!! i def think they gonna give ravens all they want, probably come up short but think be similar to the packers game where they had chances to win.. the game nobody could make a fg!

i like colts this week, i think they had a really tough schedule early on and wentz didnt get much time with the offense in camp cause the injury, he has started looking really good last few weeks.. i loved niners coming into the year but this team still hasnt got right since losing the sb, always have bunch of injuries and i dont trust jimmy g,, i thought they would be going with lance by now and the run game was gonna be impossible to stop with him.. 4 points seems like a lot, i think colts have a good shot to win this game, if it wasnt for henry being a freak ppl be talking bout taylor more who has gotten better every week. i dont care ty hurt, he been hurt all year!

i dunno bout eagles, i think raiders the better team and kinda feel like gruden getting gone gonna propel them to a playoff run!!

hard to argue with tampa but im not laying the points against the better defense..

talk to me bout ND?
Part of it is a play against USC. Most of my reasoning is the intangibles. It's a rivalry game, the biggest rival N Dame plays this year, night, cold, N Dame is the tougher, harder hitting team. They have played close games all right, but they have played hard to the end against good teams, much better teams than USC has played

They get their big TE back, the best TE in the country to me, and he makes the whole offense better.

It's a situation where I expect USC to back down and quit, which they have done a lot this year. They lost by two touchdowns, at home, against Stanford and Utah, and three touchdowns at home to Oregon State. And the only teams they beat all have losing records.

I value that a lot more than stats. I just don't think USC has much motivation and I think they will quit when N Dame starts pounding on them

I see your point about N Dame's lack of big margins and it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to. I love to have the tougher, harder hitting team

far as the plays this week he seems to be falling back into same pattern as last year, says he doesnt like favs then he proceeds to play a bunch of them!

Ha! The most predictable personality trait of almost every handicapper is when they are struggling they are inexorably compelled to take favorites.

I'm one of the worst at picking NFL games. I won with the Cowboys last week against the Pats, but that was luck. I might bet one now and then, but not this week for sure

Part of it is a play against USC. Most of my reasoning is the intangibles. It's a rivalry game, the biggest rival N Dame plays this year, night, cold, N Dame is the tougher, harder hitting team. They have played close games all right, but they have played hard to the end against good teams, much better teams than USC has played

They get their big TE back, the best TE in the country to me, and he makes the whole offense better.

It's a situation where I expect USC to back down and quit, which they have done a lot this year. They lost by two touchdowns, at home, against Stanford and Utah, and three touchdowns at home to Oregon State. And the only teams they beat all have losing records.

I value that a lot more than stats. I just don't think USC has much motivation and I think they will quit when N Dame starts pounding on them

I see your point about N Dame's lack of big margins and it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to. I love to have the tougher, harder hitting team

makes sense, that bout the best argument i have heard for backing irish,, usc def does seem to quit, sad.. i was thinking the rivalry would motivate but you could be right bout the cold and getting hit be enough for them to tuck tail.. maybe irish will be able to get some run game working here? kelly a really good coach so i would imagine the bye is way more beneficial to ND than usc who probably didnt even care much at practice with a lame duck intern..

Ha! The most predictable personality trait of almost every handicapper is when they are struggling they are inexorably compelled to take favorites.

I'm one of the worst at picking NFL games. I won with the Cowboys last week against the Pats, but that was luck. I might bet one now and then, but not this week for sure

yea i hear ya,, i havnt done all that well in the nfl in a long time, basically a coin flipper, im mostly talking bout plays for one those supercontest type contest i play in at BOL, i bet very few nfl sides, i been doing pretty well with props the last 2-3 weeks, dunno why i never tried them sooner as i spend a lot of time doing dfs.. props have given me some hope i havnt had last few years!! they seem much much easier, dont have to worry bout the huge influence refs have on outcome of games that mostly decided by a handful of plays!!

last 2 years (for which he has been much worse than the few prior) he has played a lot of favs, couldnt tell ya how many times he has brought up how he normally doesnt play favs then has 3-4 of them on his card!! lol.. at some point he needs to look in mirror and realize he does in fact now play a lot of favs!! maybe that part the issue? of course i play mostly dogs and still flipping coins, lol.. wonder why that is with the compelled to take favs? just seem more like "sure things" to take the "better team"?

im surprised you lean to laying the points knowing you typically on same page as me favoring the better defense and run game.
Yeah, I dropped Virginia. I still can't get out of the habit of thinking of Bronco as being a hard nosed guy who has tough defenses and runs the ball. Virginia is anything but

Also abandoned the idea of betting V Tech/Syracuse.

The only ACC game I'm still looking at is Pitt/Clemson. I love Pitt, but I have a hard time even thinking of giving points to Clemson. I had Syracuse last week and Clemson was a shell of what they have been, plus Pitt has the better QB by far.

Everything says Pitt and I'm going to pull the trigger as soon I come to grips with giving points to Clemson

By the way, my other futures bet besides SMU was Okla State over 6 wins. They are 6-0 and have Kansas left so I think that one's in the bag. But I'm passing on them this week

Nice job. Don’t get any better than that! I have Nevada win total over but forget what it is at the moment! Lol. I was pretty confident long as they beat either cal or k-st it would hit. If they win this week think it all but seal it! I have Nevada to win the MW +360 so this week a big game for me. Only win total I played that is screwed was sjst, I seriously thought they were gonna be the team who might challenge Nevada to win mw. Whoops. lol

I have Nevada win total over but forget what it is at the moment! Lol.
Speaking of Nevada, what do you make of Nevada/Fresno St this week. I haven't lost on either team this year and like them both. Both beat a Power 5 school on the road, both lost to one on the road. Both have a damn good resume. Fresno St has the best defense and best pedigree, Nevada has the best QB, both are hard nose competitors

Fresno St -3x at most places, but there are enough -3s around I think you can find either number

Any opinions on that one?

Last edited:
Added the ML dog pickers and added a new one who is having a better season than Trocchi and Bender. Haven't found Maldonado picks yet

Speaking of Nevada, what do you make of Nevada/Fresno St this week. I haven't lost on either team this year and like them both

Any opinions on that one?

Lol. I’m in same boat. I like Nevada getting a fg or better. When I 1st went thru card I looked at wrong and wrote down Nevada-3 and still leaned that way so obviously I gotta like them catching points!

I like fresno also but I think their pass d numbers are a mirage, they have played about the weakest slate of passing attacks you could put together! I think Strong and Wolfpack passing attack gonna be a bit of a culture shock, coming into this season my concern with fresno was their defense, against the pass in particular. Props to them for playing much better than I thought they would on that side but I don’t buy it being any kind of indicator on how they fare vs Nevada. Neither team has looked their best the last few weeks but im approaching it like we should get both teams A game here as this game a big decider for who gonna win this side the MW, for me Nevada the best team so I can’t resist taking them with points or even on the ml!

He is.

His reasoning is that USC has been what he calls a "zig-zag team all season," and he thinks this is the week they play a good game

Hmm. I coulda swore in the pod sounded like they were leaning nd. Maybe it was different one, they all kinda blur together when I listen at night/falling asleep! Lol.

Added the ML dog pickers and added a new one who is having a better season than Trocchi and Bender. Haven't found Maldonado picks yet
Maldonado is playing a ML parlay on three NFL teams:

Cincinnati +230

This was her podcast with Kelly in Vegas. They are in a NFL Contest where they pick 5 against the spread.

Maldonado is playing a ML parlay on three NFL teams:

Cincinnati +230

This was her podcast with Kelly in Vegas. They are in a NFL Contest where they pick 5 against the spread.

I like cincy w the points enough I might actually bet them! Lol. Most the time dog wins when covers, I feel more comfy w the points tho, Bungals still learning how to win big games.

I'm in a NFL Confidence Pool (no pointspread) and I can barely figure who is going to win straight up.

Oh you should see how bad I’m doing in the gotta pick 5 games a week ats! I think I have maybe 12-13 right! Lol. My woman beating me by 1 game!

I ended up playing Colorado st 1st half -.5 and game -3 for tonight. Also small on zona+17.5 and sprinkled ml.

Like Colorado st quite a bit, think they will push Utah st around in trenches. Split between half and game just cause the games Utah st has won it was thanks to 4th qrtr comebacks. Rams starting to look like the team I thought they could be coming into the year, think they have the right coach and headed right direction. Last year they had one the best pressure and sack rates in the country and they starting to get that back after a slow start to the year. Pretty sure Tyler jr gonna be out for Utah st, after him the falloff in talent at rb is drastic, without him utah st gonna be one dimensional and think Rams will tee off on Utab st qb.

Arizona I have no idea why? Lol. Just don’t think udub should be laying this kind of number on the road!!

Back