ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 8

Virtual Locks

Joey - Ohio St (-21)
Wake Forest (-3)

Matt - Un 51 (Mich/NW)
Ov 40.5 (Wisc/Purdue)

Is joey still doing poorly?

I think those “ppl’s Plays” been terrible right? Dont recall seeing them on 2 totals, and a freaking under no less! Never see the public doing that! I’ll go ahead and scratch my under lean in that game! Lol. Bar pointed out a few things that worried me anyways, i figured Michigan just get up and cruise but he Said it could be a spot where they choose to get the other qb some work and continue running the offense. If that the case I wouldn’t want to be on the under.

Is joey still doing poorly?

I think those “ppl’s Plays” been terrible right? Dont recall seeing them on 2 totals, and a freaking under no less! Never see the public doing that! I’ll go ahead and scratch my under lean in that game! Lol. Bar pointed out a few things that worried me anyways, i figured Michigan just get up and cruise but he Said it could be a spot where they choose to get the other qb some work and continue running the offense. If that the case I wouldn’t want to be on the under.
Joey is 5-8-1
Matt 6-8

Matt plans on being .500 after this week.....lol

i figured Michigan just get up and cruise but he Said it could be a spot where they choose to get the other qb some work and continue running the offense

Michigan State up next on the road so I expect Harbaugh to try and just win the game and get out of it without injuries

I'm already looking forward to that game and I'm not sure which team is better. Michigan State looked better when they played Miami by far than they did against Indiana. Indiana stuffed the run and shut down the offense so I don't know if they can do any better against the Michigfan D

Michigan State up next on the road so I expect Harbaugh to try and just win the game and get out of it without injuries

I'm already looking forward to that game and I'm not sure which team is better. Michigan State looked better when they played Miami by far than they did against Indiana. Indiana stuffed the run and shut down the offense so I don't know if they can do any better against the Michigfan D

Yea that was my initial thought as well but Bar has pretty good finger on pulse and letting the other qb get some run in 2md half makes a lot of sense. If he does that you would assume they would then run something different than a clock killing offense. I dunno but that possibility along with now seeing the nation picking the under enough to keep me away!

Added Pitt -3.
Added Ohio St -9x first half

Definitely adding N Dame, but will wait till late Saturday to bet it. I see -6x in a couple of places, but can't get that so far. Waiting till game time if I have to. If I can't get the -6x I'll take the -7

Passing on UCLA. Everything says UCLA, but as I posted on the What Have We Learned thread, the Pac 12 is the most unpredictable, inconsistent, conference in the country and UCLA is one of the most unpredictable

Last edited:
Added Phil Steele picks. As usual he has a D-III game, but passed on UConn and UMass this week. I like his La Tech pick and have a strong lean that way myself. Another Oklahoma QB, not quite as good as the one who transferred to SMU, but still damn good

Best Bets of the Weekend for the Daily Wager crew:
Joe--UCLA -1
Bear--Oregon State +3
Doug--BC +5

can cuse withstand all these tough acc losses they been taking and work to a win? man they have some tough losses lately that prob on the coaching decisions. prob shoulda beat wake, missed a fg to go to ot with clemson last week.. this a very winnable game for them, on the other hand i could argue this actually be the worst team hookies have faced other than mtsu of course.. i dont know how either team scores points in this game, it gonna be a serious grind. both teams have to run the ball and both teams play pretty good run defense, who gonna be able to throw? neither gonna have time when they get into obvious passing situations.. only thing that scares me about the under is the fact i thought the same thing when irish came to blacksburg and still dont know how the hell that game flew over!

can cuse withstand all these tough acc losses they been taking and work to a win?
I have won week after week on Syracuse--6-1 ats this year and I had Rutgers on the one they lost--and I like them again this week, but I don't know how much they have left in the tank. Every game is a tough, hard hitting, down to the gun battle and they have to go 100% just to make a first down. They have been doing it, but a win by three, followed by three straight losses by 3 has to have worn them down

I decided to pass

Added Phil Steele picks. As usual he has a D-III game, but passed on UConn and UMass this week. I like his La Tech pick and have a strong lean that way myself. Another Oklahoma QB, not quite as good as the one who transferred to SMU, but still damn good

Best Bets of the Weekend for the Daily Wager crew:
Joe--UCLA -1
Bear--Oregon State +3
Doug--BC +5

i leaned bc but never felt good enough about it to actually play and now the 6s long gone, if this thing fucks around and gets down to -3 i think i would have to strongly consider ville, probably wont get that low unless ppl wake up and chase the steam.. im not sure if BC defense is actually a lot better than ville is as it looks on paper? look at all the offensive firepower ville has had to go up against this year, not many teams would have sexy defensive numbers facing that schedule.. then look at all the offensively challenged teams BC has gotten to face,, the only 2 decent offenses BC has played have easily scored in the 30s on them!! never woulda guessed i be saying this but closer i look it is something to think about.. with grosel at qb for BC i think ville is actually the better team.

I have won week after week on Syracuse--6-1 ats this year and I had Rutgers on the one they lost--and I like them again this week, but I don't know how much they have left in the tank. Every game is a tough, hard hitting, down to the gun battle and they have to go 100% just to make a first down. They have been doing it, but a win by three, followed by three straight losses by 3 has to have worn them down

I decided to pass

im starting to look more at the under. that nd/vatech game only thing giving me pause as im still confused how that game ended up with so many points? lol..

Kinda feel like Wku gonna blow some these conf USA teams out. Maybe their defense not quite as terrible as it looks, they were playing a tough out of conf schedule. They did a decent Job against a bad odu offense last week. Trying to find angles with them now that totals have gotten super high. Actually leaned under last week but didn’t have the stones. Don’t like this week cause they should score 50+! Not sure what fiu score? They have a crazy high yards per completion, they don’t complete a ton but they go for freaking 20 every time they do! Both teams get a bunch of plays off also. Think I’m looking at Wku tt over, assuming it around 45, that or lay the 15?

My card is really small so far. Already was on the few I talked bout playing earlier in week, those the only ones I’m posting w number I got.

Wf/army over 52.5 (id still play at 54)
Cuse +3.5
Pitt-3 (as mentioned I grabbed few days back when it went back down to -3, obviously I’m not playing for a push but I do feel better only laying a fg in case clemson is able to muck it up into a game 20 points wins)

Cincy -7 1st qrtr. Was planning on 1st half but damn thing had steamed up to -17 this morning. Prob be ok but was more than I planned on laying.

I still have a handful more but busy morning and wanted to get early ones up in case anyone cares! Lol.

Those are my only plays on morning slate. Might have few more at 2:30 and have played some the evening games already but I’m driving now so will lost them when I get home! Lol

Kinda feel like Wku gonna blow some these conf USA teams out.

Looked at that same game and at Houston/E Carolina but didn't come up with anything on either one of them. I like the same approach you did, but so far didn't see enough to pull the trigger on either game

I'm still pondering some afternoon games too, but mainly the night games, I'm taking N Dame for sure. Taking my usual Bama bets and may add Bama full game.

Wku taking on some money today! I went ahead and played them -16.5 as I didn’t want to come back and see it above freaking 17! Didn’t pull trigger on team total over 47.5 but might still do that.

Looked at that same game and at Houston/E Carolina but didn't come up with anything on either one of them. I like the same approach you did, but so far didn't see enough to pull the trigger on either game

I'm still pondering some afternoon games too, but mainly the night games, I'm taking N Dame for sure. Taking my usual Bama bets and may add Bama full game.

What time is Bama? I havnt even thought bout them yet, which means 1st havs will roll! Lol.

I tried so hard to convince myself on Ecu as they One them ugly dogs I like getting a bunch of points with. I just kept coming back to how much pressure their qb is typically under and how good houston is at creating pressure. I think the under 57 is the right side there but not a easy bet to make when ya see houston has scored 40+ in 4 of their 6 games. I do think ecu will find a way to be competitive for awhile anyways, and I think the only path to that is holding houston closer to 30.

Most rest my card is the 6-6:30 slate. I didn’t realize it at start of week but this turned into a really tough card to find plays! Normally I’m struggling to try and trim list down a little, this week I was up all night trying to find 6 to play in contest I do! I started writing down a bunch of totals but I recall the last week similar to this and I got killed playing a bunch of totals! Lol. I seem to do much better spotting a few throughout day, when I try to make majority of my card totals it doesn’t turn out well. Start having a abundance of bad beats where games play out like dead unders for 40 minutes before all hell breaks loose! No interest in havinv one those days. Lol.

7:30 eastern

I was looking at the E Carolina side too, but finally just decided to pass. I don't know enough about them. Haven't watched a minute of any of their games

I seem to play them a lot so I watched more than a normal person would! Lol. They a scrappy group, qb a gamer, they don’t necessarily do anything great. Biggest concern is the qb is often under pressure and houston creates a ton of it, that was ultimately what kept me away. They have a knack for finding ways to hang in games, and they do so in a variety of ways, the offense will score points when the d is getting torched, the defense tends to step up when the offense struggles.

I'm just the opposite--if I suddenly have a revelation and bet a game during the day I'm probably about 30% on them

I kinda meant just playing a few totals whenever I decide to take them. Could be day of or earlier in week like wake. It just when I try to play bunch of totals cause don’t like the side I get into trouble. Case and point woulda wiffed on cuse total big time, 2nd in 3 weeks Hokies games have way more points than I woulda ever thought!

I do tend to add some totals on the later games out of nowhere and those usually ok. When I come into Saturday having 4-5 or more totals already on card it usually doesn’t work out. Gotta be kinda selective wit them.

Didn’t end up adding anything at 2:30. Feels crazy only having a couple morning plays and 1 in the 2:30 slot! I’m never this selective but I just don’t feel good about a lot this week. I do like some more at 6

Dang. Clemson d is gonna be able to muck up another one! Was hoping Pickett could shine this time. Of course im thinking like 24-27 points, not a huge number, that doesn’t seem like asking too much!

I do like some more at 6
Added two more
N Dame ML
Bama -7x 1st Q, not sure this one is as good as I thought it was during the week after all the slow starts by favorites today

Only other one I might bet is La Tech, but I'll probably just play it on a parlay with another late game I have nothing on

Last edited:
Added two more
N Dame ML
Bama -7x ML, not sure this one is as good as I thought it was during the week after all the slow starts by favorites today

Only other one I might bet is La Tech, but I'll probably just play it on a parlay with another late game I have nothing on

Think I posted them in here, or maybe it was discussion thread but I’m on ncst with you. Sdst, Nevada, Wku, texas am 1st half, and of course a little bama 1st half which I never post, that looks like a loss, could be my only 2 losses today be the square ass big favs, cincy 1st qrtr and bama half, lol, go figure, most the time can pencil in bama for automatic win, gonna have to start capping them like every other team! Lol

Back