Donald Sterling: Dont bring people to my games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The month that Barack Obama entered the White House, we were in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and only 60.6 percent of all working age Americans had a job.
Since only 58.9 percent of all working age Americans have a job now, that means that the employment situation in America is still significantly worse than it was the day Barack Obama took office.

So don't let anyone fool you with talk of an "employment recovery". It simply is not happening. The official unemployment rate bears so little relation to economic reality at this point that it has essentially become meaningless.

Look, how in the world can we have an "unemployment rate" of just "6.3 percent" when 20 percent of all American families do n0t have a single member that is working?

Here is how that 20 percent figure was arrived at...
A family, as defined by the BLS, is a group of two or more people who live together and who are related by birth, adoption or marriage. In 2013, there were 80,445,000 families in the United States and in 16,127,000—or 20 percent–no one had a job.
So if one out of every five families is completely unemployed, then why is the official government unemployment rate not up at Great Depression era levels?

Could it be that the government is manipulating the numbers to make them look much better than they actually are?

Why don't they just go ahead and get it over with? They can just define every American that is not working as "not in the labor force" and then we can have "0.0 percent unemployment". Then we can all have a giant party and celebrate how wonderful the U.S. economy is.

And don't be fooled by the "288,000 jobs" that were added to the U.S. economy last month. For workers under the age of 55, the number of jobs actually dropped by a whopping 259,000.
If we were using honest numbers, the official unemployment rate would look a lot scarier. John Williams of shadowstats.com has calculated that the unemployment rate should be about 23 percent. I don't think that is too far off.

Meanwhile, the quality of the jobs in our economy continues to go down. The House Ways and Means Committee says that seven out of every eight jobs that have been "added" to the economy under Barack Obama have been part-time jobs. But you can't raise a family or plan a career around a part-time job. To be honest, it is very hard for a single person to even survive on a part-time wage in this economic environment.

As the quality of our jobs goes down, so do our incomes. The median household income has declined for five years in a row, and the middle class is falling apart.

Without middle class incomes, you can't have a middle class. Considering what we have been watching happen, it should be no surprise that the homeownership rate in the United States has dropped to the lowest level in 19 years or that the number of Americans receiving money from the government each month exceeds the number of full-time workers in the private sector by more than 60 million.

At a gut level, most Americans understand that things are much worse than they used to be.
The Pew Research Center recently asked people what "class" they consider themselves to be. The results were shocking.

Back in 2008, only 25 percent of all Americans considered themselves to be "lower middle class" or "poor".
Earlier this year, an astounding 40 percent of all Americans chose one of those designations.

We are in the midst of a long-term economic decline, and no amount of propaganda is going to change that.
But based on the "happy numbers" being trumpeted by the mainstream media, the Federal Reserve is slowly bringing their quantitative easing program to an end.
When quantitative easing is finally totally cut off, we shall see how the financial markets and the U.S. economy perform without artificial life support.
Personally, I don't think that it is going to be pretty.

It pretty much sucks being called a racist because you dont agree that something is racist. So it goes.

As a conservative, I disagree with many things this administration has done from an economic perspective. Primarily their lack of understanding when it comes to spurring small business growth and all the policies that have been enacted that are net negative for small businesses. There have been some that have helped.

That said, there is a big hole in your theory about lack of job growth. As someone who advises individuals on investments, I can tell you that there were many people that were close to retirement before the credit crisis. Baby boomers are starting to retire en masse. Many of these people have dropped out of the workforce completely because the markets have come back far enough that they are now more wealthy than in 2008 and can now afford to retire. Thus, employment figures are going to look a lot better even with meager job growth because the workforce has declined. Sure, part of this is due to jobs moving overseas but the bulk of that happened in the 90's and 2000's.

The month that Barack Obama entered the White House, we were in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and only 60.6 percent of all working age Americans had a job.
Since only 58.9 percent of all working age Americans have a job now, that means that the employment situation in America is still significantly worse than it was the day Barack Obama took office.

So don't let anyone fool you with talk of an "employment recovery". It simply is not happening. The official unemployment rate bears so little relation to economic reality at this point that it has essentially become meaningless.

Look, how in the world can we have an "unemployment rate" of just "6.3 percent" when 20 percent of all American families do n0t have a single member that is working?

Here is how that 20 percent figure was arrived at...
A family, as defined by the BLS, is a group of two or more people who live together and who are related by birth, adoption or marriage. In 2013, there were 80,445,000 families in the United States and in 16,127,000—or 20 percent–no one had a job.
So if one out of every five families is completely unemployed, then why is the official government unemployment rate not up at Great Depression era levels?

Could it be that the government is manipulating the numbers to make them look much better than they actually are?

Why don't they just go ahead and get it over with? They can just define every American that is not working as "not in the labor force" and then we can have "0.0 percent unemployment". Then we can all have a giant party and celebrate how wonderful the U.S. economy is.

And don't be fooled by the "288,000 jobs" that were added to the U.S. economy last month. For workers under the age of 55, the number of jobs actually dropped by a whopping 259,000.
If we were using honest numbers, the official unemployment rate would look a lot scarier. John Williams of shadowstats.com has calculated that the unemployment rate should be about 23 percent. I don't think that is too far off.

Meanwhile, the quality of the jobs in our economy continues to go down. The House Ways and Means Committee says that seven out of every eight jobs that have been "added" to the economy under Barack Obama have been part-time jobs. But you can't raise a family or plan a career around a part-time job. To be honest, it is very hard for a single person to even survive on a part-time wage in this economic environment.

As the quality of our jobs goes down, so do our incomes. The median household income has declined for five years in a row, and the middle class is falling apart.

Without middle class incomes, you can't have a middle class. Considering what we have been watching happen, it should be no surprise that the homeownership rate in the United States has dropped to the lowest level in 19 years or that the number of Americans receiving money from the government each month exceeds the number of full-time workers in the private sector by more than 60 million.

At a gut level, most Americans understand that things are much worse than they used to be.
The Pew Research Center recently asked people what "class" they consider themselves to be. The results were shocking.

Back in 2008, only 25 percent of all Americans considered themselves to be "lower middle class" or "poor".
Earlier this year, an astounding 40 percent of all Americans chose one of those designations.

We are in the midst of a long-term economic decline, and no amount of propaganda is going to change that.
But based on the "happy numbers" being trumpeted by the mainstream media, the Federal Reserve is slowly bringing their quantitative easing program to an end.
When quantitative easing is finally totally cut off, we shall see how the financial markets and the U.S. economy perform without artificial life support.
Personally, I don't think that it is going to be pretty.

It pretty much sucks being called a racist because you dont agree that something is racist. So it goes.

As a conservative, I disagree with many things this administration has done from an economic perspective. Primarily their lack of understanding when it comes to spurring small business growth and all the policies that have been enacted that are net negative for small businesses. There have been some that have helped.

That said, there is a big hole in your theory about lack of job growth. As someone who advises individuals on investments, I can tell you that there were many people that were close to retirement before the credit crisis. Baby boomers are starting to retire en masse. Many of these people have dropped out of the workforce completely because the markets have come back far enough that they are now more wealthy than in 2008 and can now afford to retire. Thus, employment figures are going to look a lot better even with meager job growth because the workforce has declined. Sure, part of this is due to jobs moving overseas but the bulk of that happened in the 90's and 2000's.

Fuck that guy. Give me your oppression story. Let's deal with right now.

Two true stories, good old Cleveland.

I go into work the day after Obama gets elected, inside sales guy Mike says, "Fucking ni####r in the White House." He thought I might like that, since I partially own the place.

Later, having lunch, Obama inauguration, I'm at a bar (that part's not unusual), n this, n that. Racism is alive and well where I live.

So if you're "set up" being a fucking bigot. Who gives a fuck. Go away and die of cancer.

I assume you fired that guy on the spot?

You and I both know the capital markets are completely rigged at the moment. It wont last much longer. Anybody that has a portfolio and has recovered their losses it would be time to sell. Probably want to get out of the dollar as it is about to break 79 and the debasement is on. Whole different discussion, suffice to say with negative first quarter GDP (and if they didnt redesign the GDP formula 9 months ago to include intangibles, it would be about -3%) We are in a depression.

Pleae goto shadowstats.com

Nothing the government tells you is true.

No, I did not fire the guy. Valuable employee. Decision would have involved at least four people. Next guy probably would have felt the same way. Extending my point. When I interview an inside salesperson, I don't ask what they think of black people. Not sure I'm allowed. And I don't give a shit.

No, I did not fire the guy. Valuable employee. Decision would have involved at least four people. Next guy probably would have felt the same way. Extending my point. When I interview an inside salesperson, I don't ask what they think of black people. Not sure I'm allowed. And I don't give a shit.

So when he volunteered his racism you didn't think it was necessary to take action bc he was a good employee and it would have been kind of complicated? Do you think it would have been more complicated than what Adam silver had to do?

It's a bit different than asking someone in an interview IMO. The NBA likely didn't ask Sterling if he was a racist before he purchased the team and they probably didn't have the right to do so. However when he was recorded being racist he was banned and forced to sell the team. Salespeople are tough to come by though

I really hope I am missing something here due to my lack of sales and business knowledge

King Bill would have fired racist guy. Thankfully, I'm not King Bill.

What seems a little strange here to me, tip, and correct me if I'm wrong, is the fact that you're more concerned with whether a poster on an internet forum that you frequent might be a racist vs whether somebody that works for your company and you write checks to is a racist.

Does that not seem at least kinda strange?

Would you have criticized the NBA owners for not voting Silver out? Are you not concerned about your sales guy screwing up a deal with a black client bc of his racism?

You guys aren't making much ground

Yes, it's conflicting.

I don't have a lot of power.

He's not that racist, I wouldn't fire the guy, I don't talk politics at work.

But let's face it, he's a racist.

Yes, it's conflicting.

He's not that racist, I wouldn't fire the guy, I don't talk politics at work.

I never knew there were levels of racism. I'm pretty sure it's a yes or no kind of thing...

Well IMO your actions in real life don't come close to matching your Internet words. However that could likely be said for most of us with regards to something in life. It's just so odd to me that you essentially had no reaction to something that happened in your company but are so passionate about it when you have no influence

Yes, it's conflicting.

He's not that racist
, I wouldn't fire the guy, I don't talk politics at work.

You wished death on Johnny but now say that some dude who called Obama a "fuckin n***" isn't all that racist.

You're either a bigot or you're not.

I think a lot of racial stuff, most of it involving food. None of it involving "should I hire this guy". That's the point.

You're either a bigot or you're not.

I think a lot of racial stuff, most of it involving food. None of it involving "should I hire this guy". That's the point.

But that's not what happened. This wasn't a hiring process. This was a current employee... An employee who was intensely racist and called our president about the worst thing he possibly could have. No action was taken by his boss who expresses words on CTG that aren't even close to consistent with his actions. It just doesn't quite make sense to me. It reeks of "do as I say, not as I do"

Employee was not punished. I do not understand the sympathy for Don.

Dwight, I do not have a zero tolerance policy on comments. However, a public figure's going to have to be held to a higher standard. Particularly a guy on thin ice. This story is boring,

Dwight, I do not have a zero tolerance policy on comments. However, a public figure's going to have to be held to a higher standard. Particularly a guy on thin ice. This story is boring,

Fair enough. I guess we will shake virtual hands, agree to disagree and maybe have a beer sometime in the future

Amen. Hopefully one of these goes good. Kyle had to put me to bed. In a good way.

I'm 100% more disturbed at
Red shooting stupidly at an earthquake. That's a tough target.

Best part about this thread is the 30-year-old guys feeling bad for the billionaire guy. Me too, assholes.

You probably don't have to go back too many pages, Dwight. Let's not pretend the discussion didn't happen.

Let me go on the record. Sterling should rot in Hell. If only I believed in Hell.

Donald Sterling's comments despicable, but so are Al Sharpton's, Jay-Z's

BY: R. Emmett Tyrrell May 1, 2014 | 11:09 am

There is something decidedly odd about the use of racially loaded terms in America today.

Black personalities use these terms on occasion, and no controversy whatsoever is attached to the event. Even when the terms are enunciated in public for all to see and to hear. When whites -- often old and over the hill -- use these terms and ideas -- often behind closed doors -- all hell breaks loose.

The latest occasion of this occurred when Donald Sterling, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, a basketball team, was taped uttering racially divisive words and ignorant ideas to his obviously disgruntled lover. She handed over a tape of the conversation, apparently surreptitiously made, to online scandal sheet TMZ and kaboom. Suddenly, Sterling became one of the most notorious men in America and, of course, a modern American bigot. Of a sudden, the columnists and talking heads commenced a new round of chatter about how racism is still with us. After all, an 80-year-old billionaire is spouting racist swill in the comfort of his own home.

Truth be known, racism is not still with us. By every index I know of racial prejudice is way down, especially among white people. The vast majority of Americans want to put our racially charged history behind us.

Yet Sterling was apparently taped by an angry lover in a private setting saying, among other invidious things, "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people." He also used profanity and sexually explicit terms. The tape was despicable and troglodytic. Now Sterling is being lumped in with another curiosity, Cliven Bundy, the western rancher who is grazing his cattle on government land. Bundy's rant was in public and more an example of innocent old-fashioned bigotry than of anything more serious. Still, it was wrong, and when combined with Sterling's tirade it lent credence to claims of white racism.

Yet what about blacks? Do they ever speak crudely about race? As a matter of fact, some do, and they are given cable television shows on the mainstream media. For instance, the Rev. Al Sharpton has been given a show on MSNBC. He recently had the president of the United States and his attorney general appear at his meeting of the National Action Network. Al should never have gotten beyond his racial encounters with Tawana Brawley and Jewish shopkeepers in New York City 25 years ago, but he has. Now he is admired, at least, by the American left, our president and Attorney General Eric Holder.

He has been caught on tape using racially charged words over and again, most recently by columnist Jeffrey Lord. Just the other day Lord revived his 2012 column wherein Sharpton, speaking of the black politician David Dinkins, said, "David Dinkins ... You wanna be the only n----r on television, the only n----r in the newspaper, the only n----r to talk. ... Don't cover them, don't talk to them, cause you got the only n----r problem." Lord is the American Spectator's keeper of the quotes. He cites numerous instances of prominent blacks using racially charged language that is barely distinguishable from the language used in private by Sterling and in public by Bundy. For instance, he quotes President Obama's friend and major donor Jay-Z as singing: Yeah, I done told you n----z, 9 or 10 times stop f----n' with me, I done told you n----z ..." Then, too, there is Jesse Jackson using the N-word back in 2013.

You get the picture. Sharpton and Jay-Z and all these other black orators use pretty vile language and they are honored. Sterling uses vile language and is excoriated.

I have a better idea. Why not banish all racially bigoted language from public life?

R. EMMETT TYRRELL, a Washington Examiner columnist, is nationally syndicated by Creators Syndicate.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/don...ut-so-are-al-sharptons-jay-zs/article/2547949

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back