Donald Sterling: Dont bring people to my games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheCashMan
Has anyone asked doc rivers why he went to the clippers when he knew that sterling was a racist?
Has anyone asked Chris paul why he signed an extension when he know the owner was a racist?

those extra zero's at the end of a paycheck make it all good until it hits the internet and you have to take a hypocritical stand and hope no one questions you on it...

Just heard Jackie McMullen on sports radio saying doc knew all about the racism and put in special provisions like not having to speak directly to sterling... Fucking hypocrite

:announce:

No reporter has the sack to ask the questions....

Yeah, Doc Rivers is the villain in this story.

nice try at spinning it-

never said anything about a doc or paul being a villain- Sterling is a despicable human-being -

just want the question asked and answered by Doc and Chris paul - two guys who knew who they were getting into business with..

nice try at spinning it-

never said anything about a doc or paul being a villain- Sterling is a despicable human-being -

just want the question asked and answered by Doc and Chris paul - two guys who knew who they were getting into business with..

I highly doubt Tip is gonna criticize Doc or Paul for working for/with a known racist. Hell he does it himself everyday and he's the boss of the racist dude.

No reporter has the sack to ask the questions....

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10883070&city=losangeles&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvILJJoN0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One thing we need to remember about Doc Rivers... He was TRADED to the Clippers.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10883070&city=losangeles&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvILJJoN0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One thing we need to remember about Doc Rivers... He was TRADED to the Clippers.

Karl - that is correct he was traded- he had the choice to accept or deny the trade - then he signed a 3 year extension.

It’s done. Doc Rivers has signed his deal with the Clippers to be their coach, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and now confirmed by other sources. Rivers has a three-year, $21 million contract with Los Angeles. He will be introduced at a press conferenced Wednesday.

Rivers’ arrival pretty much locks in what was already pretty set — you can expect Chris Paul to re-sign with the Clippers. He will become a free agent July 1 because he gets more money that way than just signing an extension, but he will be back. That alone is worth the money the Clippers are paying Rivers.

He was traded to the Clippers, but he did not HAVE to sign it and coach them.
Chris Paul signed an EXTENSION to play with the Clippers in 2013.

Who gives a fuck what their answers would be? There are like 30 jobs each in the world as NBA head coaches and starting point guards. Not everyone is Gandhi. Crazily enough, I have zero problem with the silent non-bigots employed by Donald Sterling.

CTG. The most principled group on the internet. No one here has even worked for a person who once littered.

Regarding the signing of extensions, that is certainly true.

In that ESPN Sunday Conversation I posted, Doc says...

"We've heard the stories, but, we've never heard it. We never saw it. It was never on tape. Once it became on tape, then you had proof."

Regarding the signing of extensions, that is certainly true.

In that ESPN Sunday Conversation I posted, Doc says...

"We've heard the stories, but, we've never heard it. We never saw it. It was never on tape. Once it became on tape, then you had proof."

ok- i just listened to it-,, i expected him to dance around for the answer. i am sure wilbon told him they were going to ask it and he had time to prepare,, as I mentioned above,, it was all about the extra 00's on the paycheck....

Cashman does not gamble on teams with any players once convicted of drunk driving. Out of principle. That's blood money.

Cashman does not gamble on teams with any players once convicted of drunk driving. Out of principle. That's blood money.

I am not the one speaking out against anyone
- again nice try to spin, your not very good at it...but appreciate the effort...

Apparently at least half the working world should be on a hunger strike to highlight the rumored or real transgressions of an employer.

What exactly am I spinning? I guess I'm not very good at it, guilty as charged, because I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Cash isn't speaking out against anyone, just playfully labeling Doc Rivers a hypocrite.

Sterling loves the power that money can buy and that ultimately fucked him. Like he said he should have paid this bitch off, the lawsuit brought by the wife against her was the beginning of the end.

JJ Redick now saying Sterling didn't want to pay him because he's white

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2014/05/04/donald-sterling-jj-redick-los-angeles-clippers-owner-racism-ban/8698265/

One of the alleged reasons? Sterling, the man whose racist comments sparked this whole furor, was believed to have had concerns about paying a white player that kind of money. He had once given white center Chris Kaman a five-year, $52 million deal, and how that contract panned out (or didn't, as Kaman played 195 games in the next four years of that deal and was traded to New Orleans with a year and a half left) appeared to be coloring Sterling's judgment on this deal. In a way, it was a mirror-image of the issue that would be front and center 10 months later.

"I've been told both ways: one, that he didn't want to pay me because I was white, and that he didn't want to pay me because I was a bench player," Redick said. "I didn't know (the deal almost fell apart) until after the fact. I just got a weird phone call from Doc on July 4, and I got off the phone and said to my wife, 'Something's going on.' He's like, 'You better play for me (expletive).' And I was like, 'Yeah, that's the plan. We figured this out two days ago, right?'

"And then he just rambled a bit. ... but he never really got into the nuts and bolts of what was happening. And then I got a call about 48 hours later from my agent, and he said, 'We wanted to keep you out of it, but here's what happened.'"

Tip your all over the place.

Lets stay on topic (most threads in all these forums go on tangents) The topic is Doc Rivers and Chris Paul both knowing that Sterling is a racist before they both signed extensions. thats it- I believe they are both hypocrites for this.

And I believe they wanted to work. If an old nun offered you $10 to wash her car and a bigoted coke dealing ex-convict with a nose ring offered you $30, whose car would you wash?

lol, in the hypothetical nun car wash dilemma, you can only pick one. They're both soon driving away, she's got to get to church, he's got coke to sell.

Tip your all over the place.

Lets stay on topic (most threads in all these forums go on tangents) The topic is Doc Rivers and Chris Paul both knowing that Sterling is a racist before they both signed extensions. thats it- I believe they are both hypocrites for this.

The whole league is...Where was all the publicity when Jeremy Lin was expected and said to be crap because he was Asian?

The most outlandish part of the make-believe story is a nun young enough to drive.

The whole league is...Where was all the publicity when Jeremy Lin was expected and said to be crap because he was Asian?

did any owner or GM, coach say this? Yao ming did just fine...

I ask because i have never heard of anyone saying that? and for the record his defense is horrendous he has no lateral movement to defend, he plays out of control on offense, good in spurts only... nothing to do with being Asian...

That being said, and the long list of white players who are always doubted because they're white, as evidenced by the JJ Redick story.

I don't think any capable white players have been blackballed by the NBA for being white.

I hear Jeremy Lin is a terrible driver, has a small penis, and takes too many pictures.

OK. Name a white player who just never got a shot.

"Never got a shot?" Now you're making your own rules.

We know its true. We hear it every year about white basketball players coming out of college. Speaking of Redick, I remember hearing things about him coming out of Duke, like he'd never make it.

"Never got a shot?" Now you're making your own rules.

We know its true. We hear it every year about white basketball players coming out of college. Speaking of Redick, I remember hearing things about him coming out of Duke, like he'd never make it.

But he made it.

I'm not making up any rules at all. Name the blackballed white guy. Or was he so blackballed, we don't know his name, just hear playground legends about Pasty Thunder?

Boston loves white players so much, they rostered Brad Lohaus.

True to their own fault, however the city as a whole - not so much...

If i had time i could tell you the truth behind why Gillette stadium is in Foxborough and not in the Boston waterfront attached to the convention center..

I'm not making up any rules at all. Name the blackballed white guy. Or was he so blackballed, we don't know his name, just hear playground legends about Pasty Thunder?

That should have been a nickname on one of the white players this year ... that would have been great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back