Does Any one else beside me think that Seattle got a DUD in Kevin DURANT

• Thread starter Thread starter phoso1
  • Start date Start date
ummmm i don't know which player you are referring to in college.....for a rookie to dominate each game...how is that not special?

Also, there are plenty of NBA players who were rookies and gained experience and toughness as the years go by. You cannot teach natural talent that Durant has, but you can help develop his strength.

I guess "not that special players" can suddenly be the first freshman ever to sweep the postseason CBB awards. That amongst many other 'first ever' accomplishments that he had in one season of CBB. The dude has heart and he loves the game. His natural talent and feel for the game is unreal. Not only that, he has no superstar air about him, his teammates at UT absolutely loved him. You could fault him for trying to involve his teammates too much while at UT but he still put up numbers every game. Can we please save this post so we can come back 3 years from now and all laugh hysterically.

I'm sorry, Joe is unable to participate in this discussion right now as he is too busy focusing on Phoso's avatar.

In the past 10-15 drafts only at 1 time has the #2 been the best player out of the top 3.

Bibby in 1998.

The no.2 slot has the highest percentage of proving to be a bust (of the top 3) IMO.

I dont think he will be a bust, but I think he has the best chance to bust outta of the top 3.

must mean oden is going to be a bust. fouled out in his 1st summer league game, only played 2 summer league games total, and requiring surgery to get his tonsils removed? what a waste of money! i'm only kidding, if you didnt catch on.:36_11_6:

Gimme 3 years then I'll let you know. Anytime in these type of situations, though, I much rather have the #2 pick. Seattle can never say they made the "wrong" decision.

I watched him play in college...the guy is not tat special .......during the Tournament he was weak...doesnt have any Aggressiveness.
i dont know how the guy was draft at #2...those scouts are wrong again on this one ...in my opinion.
hey phodacbiet,

the kid was unreal in college..stats unseen ever for a freshman...
'
who would you have taken over him for the sonics..

discusion please

They have the summer leagues out here in las vegas and i have gotten atleast some info on what has transpired at these games via local talk radio. I am not a huge nba guy so i didnt go to any myself ( and based on the type of people the nba brings to a city most of us in vegas dont want a nba team here).

ok. First ... in most of the league games out here ( atleast at the beginning, i am not sure if it has changed yet) it was impossible to foul out. I think in one game oden had 12 fouls. According to the guys on the radio this made for a lot of very physical play and a lot more contested shots. this type of game does not favor the durants of the world who are more finesse types. It is hard for me to see what part of Durants game that someone would dislike.

He can shoot, he can ball handle, he can play some decent post, he is way ahead of the game defensively at this age, he doesnt mind taking big shots or making them. Factor in that he rates to improve dramatically and you have a budding superstar. BTW there is not a NBA scout around who doesnt believe that durant is considerably ahead of Oden in current skill set. Oden is the one that scouts are looking for to make the major improvements a few years down the road. I think the Durant kid is a can't miss . of course i thought ryan leaf would be a better pro than peyton manning (love to throw that into as many posts as i can)

He averaged 24 ppg in Veags(didn;t shoot great)

Watched the Olympic team scrimmage tonight. Kid looked damn good. Had some steals on defense(man to man). He had 15 points like early 4th quarter including some nice mid-range shots and an absolute 10 year vet move with a driving to the right hook shot with a hand in his face(half hook basically).

Back