Week One B16 Thread...

If I didn't know any better I'd say Thompson threw the 2H of the game. He was in control the 1H. Completely clueless in the 2H. And it wasn't that much about NW making adjustments. Weird.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Thompson threw the 2H of the game. He was in control the 1H. Completely clueless in the 2H. And it wasn't that much about NW making adjustments. Weird.

They also started playing guys at wr who hadn't played in the 1h, including the guy who dropped the final pass. The loss of vokolek at TE was huge.

Just saying we had some good teams post solich. No reason we shouldn't again, but it won't be under Frost.

To be clear I wasn't advising a side one way or the other.

It's a lot of points for sure.
It wasn't a response to you specifically. OSU usually comes out of the gate impressively, 23-8-2 ATS in game one the last 33 years, though just 1-1-1- under Day.
That concerns me, but the power ratings really say this line should be about -10. Clemson covered this number against ND in '18, but UGA and Bama couldn't in '19 and '20, respectively.

Read the Frost buyout slips to 7.5 from 15 after October 1st this year. True?

Yes. Word on the street is that Trev wanted to fire him, the boosters said no, run it back once more with some coaching changes, and wait for the buyout to drop. I think now his only hope is to win em all in September and that looks extremely unlikely based on what I saw from our run game and our defense.

Yes. Word on the street is that Trev wanted to fire him, the boosters said no, run it back once more with some coaching changes, and wait for the buyout to drop. I think now his only hope is to win em all in September and that looks extremely unlikely based on what I saw from our run game and our defense.

Im still amazed NW racked up 500 yards of offense! I thought they could play w them but didn’t expect that be how it happened, lol. Martinez no longer there to take the blame for all the close losses, only one person left and it prob the guy who might as well have turned it over from the sideline when he went for that onside kick!! I didn’t see any the 1st half, or much till late, Thompson had really good numbers (other than the picks, another neb staple that apparently didn’t leave w Martinez) but by time I started watching he seemed shaky. Frost pretty much has to beat Ou at this point doesn’t he?

I don't think Pelini would've been able to stick around for long regardless. Just not a guy I see as someone who would've evolved with the game on and off the field.

Different role of course but his most recent performance at LSU was wretched.

It's not like Neb sent Nick Saban packing.
Oh, very true.

He had to go, just wild to think about statistically.

I don't think Pelini would've been able to stick around for long regardless. Just not a guy I see as someone who would've evolved with the game on and off the field.

Different role of course but his most recent performance at LSU was wretched.

It's not like Neb sent Nick Saban packing.

Pelini was a train wreck the last couple of years. He was trying to get fired. His defense also was trending down a decent amount after he lost Callahan's players (Suh, Amukamara, etc).

I say put him in coach!
I remember the Iowa PSU game last year at Iowa. I had bet Iowa, think -4 or something. Thought it was actually an easy play. Well PSU came out and marched up and down the field on Iowa like a knife through hot butter. Think it was 14-0 or maybe worse. Had already chalked up as a loss.

Then McSorley got hurt and went out. Never seen a game change like that. The PSU backup QB couldn't play a lick, I mean he was beyond bad. Iowa went on to win and I think cover.

Can you see why you want the back up LOL

I remember the Iowa PSU game last year at Iowa. I had bet Iowa, think -4 or something. Thought it was actually an easy play. Well PSU came out and marched up and down the field on Iowa like a knife through hot butter. Think it was 14-0 or maybe worse. Had already chalked up as a loss.

Then McSorley got hurt and went out. Never seen a game change like that. The PSU backup QB couldn't play a lick, I mean he was beyond bad. Iowa went on to win and I think cover.

Can you see why you want the back up LOL
I think the line was -1 or so...

Clifford was passing all over them before the injury...

Had Iowa -1 I believe and PSU tt under 20.5?

Either way... lucky ass wins, no doubt.

Pretty intrigued by Illini/Hoosier line. As noted I'm against the Illini defense for a bit but between WYO and Indiana those two likely will make that defense appear to be fools gold.

Lol sure you're right on the line. I just remember as i was watching it infold thinking psu was going to blow them out of the stadium. Then the backup literally couldn't play. Lucky indeed and probably the poster child for they call a wrong side winner.

He's bad, but our vaunted defense was just terrible. No excuse for that performance. Couldn't cover, couldn't tackle, couldnt pressure the qb, couldn't stop the pass in the 1H or the run in the 2h.

And again, the offense went to sleep when it counted.

Need that to continue for Malachi Coleman.

Yeah, it was brutal. I was fading Iowa pretty aggressively at that point.

Illinois/IU thoughts anyone?

Indiana will be dogshit...

intrigued a bit with the TT u24...

Wisconsin is -36 with a total of 40

I can see Wisconsin getting that over themselves

Hit Bucks TT over 38 -115 for 2 units. Hard to see ND holding them under 40 in this one with the way the Buckeyes can score, I believe in this offense and I expect a clean pocket for Stroud today. I am also on the game over 58 BIG.

Prop wise I'm on #32 Henderson Ovah 93.5 RUSH as I expect a bunch of touches in a high-stakes game and #18 MHJr over 82.5 REC as the Rose Bowl game was just scratching the surface for what we see out of him. I am also expecting Marvin will benefit from ND rolling a safety or otherwise trying to double JSN.

Good luck today boys.

May also jump on South Dakota State as I could see them giving Iowa problems...

Last edited:
Nebraska just got pounded. Half hour ago it was sitting 23 / 57, now it's 32 / 63.5!

Nebraska just got pounded. Half hour ago it was sitting 23 / 57, now it's 32 / 63.5!
Lots going on there with Corn trying to erase last week but even NFL teams (except the Saints this year) get their byes after playing in Europe. Not gonna touch it but +32 is tempting.

Whoever Maag is maybe?

Hearing Maag is going to be a game time decision. I did see he had a cast on at media day. Hopefully he is good to go for Saturday

Hit Bucks TT over 38 -115 for 2 units. Hard to see ND holding them under 40 in this one with the way the Buckeyes can score, I believe in this offense and I expect a clean pocket for Stroud today. I am also on the game over 58 BIG.

Prop wise I'm on #32 Henderson Ovah 93.5 RUSH as I expect a bunch of touches in a high-stakes game and #18 MHJr over 82.5 REC as the Rose Bowl game was just scratching the surface for what we see out of him. I am also expecting Marvin will benefit from ND rolling a safety or otherwise trying to double JSN.

Good luck today boys.

May also jump on South Dakota State as I could see them giving Iowa problems...
Should be a clean sweep..

45-21 or so...

Back