I saw something today that made me think more about these new rule changes

I consider it advantage fans

I really enjoyed the pace of the game yesterday

Maybe Dumb fans who think more scoring equal better, Im fine with better pace. It can be done without manufacturing bogus offense., im a fan, one the bigger baseball fans and I can’t stand most these rules. The clock I don’t think bothers me but have to wait and see., hitters hold shit up as much as pitchers, I can certainly live without these mostly Dominicans who insist on doing preyers before they get into the box! I think a pitcher should have enough time to vary his pace but I don’t think he needs to be shaking off 100 pitches till everyone steps back out the box and restarts the entire bunch of stupid routines. Like everything else I think there probably a middle ground but I havnt watched any with the clock to know how I feel bout it. I know I don’t like any the things that manufacture offense like taking away the shift, the shift should be easy to beat but instead of hitters doing that they gonna move the defender out the spot they always hit it. The offends me as a fan, telling a baserunner he can take all the lead he wants and pitcher can’t do much about it offends me, the 1st time I start hearing bout a guy stealing bases im gonna make a face like “yea no shit, you handing it to them so let’s not celebrate it”.

Reactions: KJ
Shifting was basically a wash on runs prevented, as there was a consequence created by the pitcher's tendency to favor the inside of the plate during shifting situations to prevent cheap hits the other way on the outer part of the plate, thus creating more walks. This was especially true for teams that did not deploy shifts as effectively as teams like the Rays, Astros, and Dodgers.

Steals, on the whole, represent an extra 1/5 of a run produced.

At the end of the day, I believe the rule changes are generally misunderstood, and exaggerate the amount of extra runs they will create.

I think it gonna be slightly over a run per game, there no question imo certain guys are gonna have their averages raised quite a bit. Free steal, guy hits ball where he does 30% the time that was imto shift now a base hit rbi.

Maybe Dumb fans who think more scoring equal better, Im fine with better pace. It can be done without manufacturing bogus offense., im a fan, one the bigger baseball fans and I can’t stand most these rules. The clock I don’t think bothers me but have to wait and see., hitters hold shit up as much as pitchers, I can certainly live without these mostly Dominicans who insist on doing preyers before they get into the box! I think a pitcher should have enough time to vary his pace but I don’t think he needs to be shaking off 100 pitches till everyone steps back out the box and restarts the entire bunch of stupid routines. Like everything else I think there probably a middle ground but I havnt watched any with the clock to know how I feel bout it. I know I don’t like any the things that manufacture offense like taking away the shift, the shift should be easy to beat but instead of hitters doing that they gonna move the defender out the spot they always hit it. The offends me as a fan, telling a baserunner he can take all the lead he wants and pitcher can’t do much about it offends me, the 1st time I start hearing bout a guy stealing bases im gonna make a face like “yea no shit, you handing it to them so let’s not celebrate it”.
I only learned yesterday that the clock is 20 seconds with a player on base, 15 seconds without.

Please don't ask about the game itself, I know Tatis drove in a run. I was fixated on the clock and how players responded. First take, there were more strikes early in the count than usual.

I strongly urge you to read the analysis, it's all math, and the data is already there to tell us the story regarding shifting.

I guess we will see. 1st off there plenty of data that suggest it gonna raise a lot of guys avg at least 20 points. Secondly im
Not sure it really works to go back and say which balls woulda been hits cause you change one variable you change others. I’ve done plenty my own work and im happy with the effect I think it has. We find out soon enough.

The math I’ve seen says lefty hitters in particular should have a big jump in batting average. But again i don’t think it as simple as saying Corey Seager woulda had 52 more hits last few years had he not been shifted, raising his .275 avg to .325, im sure that Is accurate but you would think pitchers are gonna pitch differently opposed to trying to get them to pull into the shift. At same time there only a handful of pitchers who locating well enough for that to work out! I expected Seager to have a monster year anyways as I’ve noticed quite often when a guy of his caliber gets a big deal in a new place he often is much better his second season. 1st year he feels the pressure of living up to new deal plus he just had to rearrange his whole life to a new town and learn to hit in a entirely different league in his case so seeing pitchers he wasn’t as familiar with., I absolutely think he will get some more hits regardless how he pitched he sure to still hit several balls up there middle or over 2nd baseman’s head that will once again be hits. Seager in for a monster year imo.

The math I’ve seen says lefty hitters in particular should have a big jump in batting average. But again i don’t think it as simple as saying Corey Seager woulda had 52 more hits last few years had he not been shifted, raising his .275 avg to .325, im sure that Is accurate but you would think pitchers are gonna pitch differently opposed to trying to get them to pull into the shift. At same time there only a handful of pitchers who locating well enough for that to work out! I expected Seager to have a monster year anyways as I’ve noticed quite often when a guy of his caliber gets a big deal in a new place he often is much better his second season. 1st year he feels the pressure of living up to new deal plus he just had to rearrange his whole life to a new town and learn to hit in a entirely different league in his case so seeing pitchers he wasn’t as familiar with., I absolutely think he will get some more hits regardless how he pitched he sure to still hit several balls up there middle or over 2nd baseman’s head that will once again be hits. Seager in for a monster year imo.
100% agree, and pissed I missed out on him in my draft lol.

100% agree, and pissed I missed out on him in my draft lol.

I really hate hitter props. Doubt I have made 10 bets total on them but I never been very good at dfs baseball despite almost always picking good pitchers with solid values (not just the best most expensive guys any idiot can do!) regardless of that which you would think give me a leg up in picking lineups i have mostly sucked making dfs lineups so just assumed that be telling on my ability to play hitter props, maybe not tho, not like I don’t have any guys in my lineup who do well, I just rarely have a full lineup that scores enough to win me money! Lol.

All that said I been thinking hitter base props might be one the things that could potentially be more exploitable early on if we find guys who get extra hits curtesy of not being shifted. Just a thought. Maybe they will have their numbers jacked up anyways?

I couldn’t agree with you more and I ended up last minute taking the over and feel lucky as hell that I won cuz wow, Scherzer really put on a show and just showed why he’s one of the best. However, I feel there were many of the Cy young winners that were def exposed yesterday and wonder how long it will take them to adapt. I’m just so excited for this season!!

Back