DFS/Props Week 5 Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Thurs Night

IND/DEN

Colts have a good RB matchup, and bad P matchup.
Broncos have a great P matchup, and bad RB matchup.
Ryan has a bad ASR matchup.
Gordon? has a bad ALY matchup.
Pace of play is 15th /16.

Injuries - IND - On D, they'll be without DE Lewis, and LB Leonard.
- DEN - On D, they'll be without DE Gregrory. On O, obviously no Jav Williams anymore.

- Ultimately, if you think Broncos play with a 7+ lead, the pace of the game will be quicker, if its a neutral situation or colts lead, I still think it plays slowwwww.
Colts played from behind last week, and mostly by 2+ possessions, yet Taylor logged his season high of snaps, at 88%, my problem with that, is he only had 1 catch for 1 yard in the game (and just 3 targets). My other problem with that, is Hines had just 34% snap count (so both were out there a bunch of times), but only had 2 targets, and 1 carry (for a total of 4 yards). I would have liked to see Hines play more, and be targeted more than Taylor, not less. It makes me think Taylor can't be game scripted out. My gut says if they do fall behind by 7+ that Hines could be sneaky option, but looking at last week, I don't like it as much as I hoped. Taylor is still good for 25~ possible touches a game, and has averaged 4 targets/g, he's a safe floor/high ceiling guy. Pierce last week tied for the lead in target share with pittman (16.7%), and had a huge aDOT/r of 18., every other WR was under 7. He will be a lock for me I think, I want the cheap upside td potential, but I think he has a safe floor compared to other WRs on this team. Pittman can obviously be played, but just giving another perspective. CAmpbell was 2nd in snap count at 67%, but IMO he's the 5~ option on this team, so pass. TE's are tricky here, we know they like to use them, but they do play 3. Cox/Granson/Woods had 70/45/23% snap count last week, on the season they're 59/49/23%. I think in a closer game/positive script for colts, Gransons snapcount gets closer to cox, in a blowout, cox is the higher snap % guy. Having said that, last week Granson had 4 targets, Cox 6, and both had RZ Targets, Gransons aDOT/r was 8, to Cox 5.3.... I think an arguement can be made to take Granson as the cheaper lower owned pivot, where there are scenarios for him to outperform Cox.

Hate to see Javonte done for the season (denver fan here), but moving on. Am I crazy for liking boone more than gordon? Gordon didn't look great last week, he's injury concern every start, fumbled last week, and Boone almost double his snap count alone last week too. I know they just signed Latavius Murray, but if Boone can do well early, he will be the featured back in this matchup, but I know not to go overboard either way. From a WR perspective, you can try for a homerun hit in Hinton or Hamler, but pass, they played from behind last week, and Hinton was held below 60%, and hamler below 10% of snaps. Juedy and Sutton are 90-95% guys, they own 45%~ of the target share on this team, (despite jeudy being hurt for almost 1.5~ games), and they also have HR hitting upside, so why take a chance on hamler/hinton, when you have MUCH higher floors and ceilings in these 2. Okquegbunam didn't even receive a snap last week, he was also outsnapped week 3 by Saubert. Saubert had a 77% snap share last week, but only had 2 targets. I think both typically won't coexist. I don't think he needs to be played, but is definitely a salary relief option with probably one of the bigger upsides in his price range (prior to looking at the prices).
I posted the other day about the top 10 ASR defenses, the ones that had neutral, to positive game scripts all killed it. Denver falls in at #5 going into the week, and the colts have a bad DVOA P matchup... if denver goes up 2 possessions, colts have typically played faster (mentioned above), which could create more opportunities for turnovers/sacks/etc.... They can definitely be played here.

I'm bummed about Hines but dfs lineups still up in the air for most other lineups without him

And sorry that effs your SGP

London/Showdown Slate

NYG/GBP

Giants have a great RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Packers have a good P/RB matchup.
Jones has a bad ASR matchup. Barkley has a good ALY matchup.
Jones/Dillon have a great ALY matchup.
Pace of play is 13th.

- Injuries - NYG - On D, LB Ojluari is out, and 2nd week without CB Flott. On O, they have about 100 WRs out.
- GBP - On D, S Amos is Q.

- The giants have 3 WRs left on their roster (correct me if I'm wrong).... Sills/Slayton/James. James missed some of the game last week, but either way, Sills lead the team in snaps and would be my preferred target of the 3, but I won't fault you for taking any of them. At TE, Bellinger and Hudson were practically equals in snaps/targets (60-57%, and 3 to 2 targets, respectively). I prefer Bellinger as the smarter play, but I won't fault you for punting to Hudson. I think Jones does enough with his feet, that even if you think the Pack destroy, he can be a viable option with or without a pass catcher of his. Then we get to mr. dyno mite. Barkley has 20+ carry and 4+ target average/floor through 4 weeks of the season and with all the WR injuries, do you think they'll utilize him more or less? He's already the #1 RB in the league in terms of snap %. He's unavoidable in lineups, the only thing you question is, do I captain him or just roster him. IMO I think the pack crush it, giving him more than the 4+ target average, and if he can get 1 td... you could see a 1-5 stack workout.
The Pack. Jones and Dillon are looking more like a 60-60 split in stead of 50-50. They both are utilized, and both correlate with the Packers Def. I mentioned yesterday (and last week) about top 10 ASR teams, and if they get a neutral/positive gamescript, what can they do? Well Denver rolled yesterday, and Pack are #2 on this list, as an 8~ point fave, with Giants having a meh P DVOA matchup AND 3 total WRs on their roster. I think all 3 can be played in same lineups, as well as 1+DEF. At TE, I don't really want Tonyan, he has a very low aDOT/r, and has played more than 44% of snaps ONCE in 4 games, they utilize them all, and the giants side has cheaper options. As far as WRs go. I'm so upset I had to drop Doubs due to injuries before week 4 began in year long... but last week he did clock in 96% snap share, Just as much as Lazard, which they also equaled the week prior. It looks like they are the 2 WRs to play. Watson and Cobb were 24/35%. While people will be looking at Doubs as the rookie/flashy new toy. His aDOT/r is miserable at 3.1 for the season, While lazard is at 10.2. Give me Lazard over Doubs here.

1 PMs/Main Slate

DET/NEP

Lions have a great RB matchup, and a meh P matchup.
Pats have a great RB matchup, and a good P matchup.
Jam. Williams? has a great ALY matchup.
D. Harris? has a great ALY matchup.
Lions have the T-14th TTR.
Pats have the 8th TTR.
Pace of play is 4th, O/URank is T-4th

- Injuries - DET - On D, DE Comisky out for 3rd week, LB Harris is out. On O, No Swift, No Cephus/Chark, Reynolds/St. Brown are Q.
- NEP - A ton of Q's, per usual. Mac Jones and Meyers are of importance on O.

- Wait and see approach for the lions. I think Jamal Williams is a fine cheap volume play, but I don't think it needs to be a lock in tournaments, but he has a great DVOA matchup, and ALY push. My problem is he was only targeted 3 times last week, despite playing from behind, and if you take out his 1 long td, he was averaging 3.14~ YPC. Not saying he's a bad play, but don't think he's a lock and move on. Hockenson will be chased off last weeks performance, which was one of the best by a TE ever. I don't hate it, because he still is cheap, he's definitely a cash game option, but in tourneys, it may be smart to pivot to someone else in a similar price point, to be looked at later. We're waiting on the WR status before we make decisions here. Worth nothing, if brown is out, Tom Kennedy will probably be min priced, and saw a 12.8% target share last week, played 81% of snaps, and had an aDOT/r of 12.7.
Harris and Stevenson are in a 40/45-55/60 split, While stevenson is seeing the field more, and is the ppr back to own, Harris has had more carries, and looks like the goalline back. Last week Harris averaged 4 yards per carry BEFORE contact, and he has just a good ALY matchup this week. I don't think they are must haves, but the script projects favorable, he has a great DVOA matchup/ALY, and the pace/TTR are up there so its something to consider. Henry did have his season high snap% (84%), but he only mustered 4 targets, a shared team high for the week.... idk how they plan to use Zappe, but if they limit his attempts. its hard to trust Henry (and maybe the other WRs) here. It still doesn't mean I won't take a one-off on one of these WRs in a lineup or two. We have the DET defense here, and techinically an unkown at QB, as he has now had more time to practice, maybe they either let him throw more, or are forced to make him throw more (if they're behind 2+ possessions). Anyways, the guy I'd like the most is Agholor, he tried henry for the team lead, and had a nice aDOT/r of 13, the rest were dink and dunkers.

PIT/BUF

Steelers have a meh RB matchup, and a bad P matchup.
Bills have a meh P/RB matchup.
Pickett has a meh ASR matchup, and N. Harris has a bad ALY matchup.
Singletary has a bad ALY matchup.
Steelers TTR is 23rd (/24).
Bills TTR is 1st (/24).
Pace of play is 3rd, O/UR is T-4th.

- Injuries - PIT - On D, no CB Witherspoon for 2nd week. 2 everydown defense also Q.
- BUF - On D, no S Poyer, no CB Benford (for 2nd week), LB Edmunds is Q, but didn't practice all week, would be a big loss (with poyer). On O, no Knox, Kumerow/Crowder.

- We have an interesting one here. Solid pace, solid O/U, bad DVOA matchups, and a big spread. You can easily look at PIT and avoid them, as they have one of the lowest point totals, but I think they're viable for one-offs/game stacks. Pickett, albeit a tiny sample size, already has a 50% airyards/attempt average on trubisky (6.4, compared to 4.2). He also showed he may now be a vulture to Najee, and also didn't target him once, hope that was an anomaly for yearlongs. I'm not advocating pickett, but just saying maybe the offense will be a bit better than the bottom (well, above fields..) For tomorrow, pass on Najee, pass on Pickett.... I still think pass on claypool, targets for diontae, and homeruns for pickens, but it was nice to see pickens get targetted more too, if that keeps up, he will have a pretty nice scoring range compared to others, but most will be bringing BUF stacks with Pickens, I think Diontae is the smarter pivot if going WR. The man I haven't mentioned yet is Friermuth, PIT ran a lot of 2 TE sets last week, Freier had 73% snaps to Gentrys 61%, but Frier is the pass catcher here, and dominated with a 36% target share, and the 2nd best aDOT/r on the team at 8.7. He's 4th in target share among TEs, and only 1 other is on the main slate. I think he can be played confidently as a gamestack bringback/one-off.
I don't know how I want to tackle buffalo. Singletary has a bad ALY matchup, but they're huge faves, top TT, and had his season high snap % at 88% last week. Despite that high %, he only had 16 possible touches (11 carries/5 targets), and we know Allen can be a TD vulture with his legs too. I'm sure he's cheap enough to consider though, and an ok pivot to get a piece of this offense while hoping for Allen to fantasy fail, idk if I can stomach it though. I'll say pass at TE with no knox, I know you can choose to punt it and get a 2.5K sweeney/morris (just a guess), as they'll probably outperform their price, but I don't see upside. Knox had averaged about 4 targets a game and just 2 total rz targets. Diggs and Davis are everydown WRs, and with no Knox, I'm sure that'll continue barring injury(s). If McKenzie can't suit up, we will have Khalil Shakir as a min price punt option in the slot. Wait and see approach here, but you can make arguments for them all. Just know Diggs has a solid 25.5% target share, at a 9.7 aDOT/r. That's roughly a 10~-100~ floor potential week to week.

HOU/JAC

Texans have a meh RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Jags have great RB matchup, and meh P matchup.
Pierce has a meh ALY matchup.
Texans TTR is 22nd.
Jags TTR is 7th.
Pace of play is 5th, O/URank is T-9th.

- Injuries - HOU - On O, no WR Chris Moore, or TE Jordan.
- JAC - On D, no DT Fatukasi, on O, Zay Jones is Q.

- Definite pass on HOU TE's, While Howard played 75% of snaps last week, it was without pharoah brown, and they rotated two others in too, he did have 5 targets, but I think that number is more likely to be lowered than attained again. Through weeks 2 through 4, when Pierce actually was on the field, Houston has given him about 20 possible touches a game, that's definitely solid, especially considering he hasnt had a truly positive script yet. So if you see a scenario that houston wins/leads for most of the game, fire him up. Otherwise, play accordingly. With no moore, 50% of snaps and 9% of targets goes elsewhere, I think dorsett sees the snaps, but Collins/Cooks gets the target share. Cooks sits at 26% for the season with an okay aDOT/r of 8.1, he's a solid ppr guy that can go 9~-70~. I still like collins too at 15% target share on this team, with an aDOT/r of 14, and a cheaper/lower owned figures. This game has a sneaky pace and they're projected to be playing from behind.
Etienne and Robinson are just eating into each other, last week they were in a 5050 split, I can't stomach starting one to have the other be the leader. I know the matchup as a whole has a ton of positives, but I think I'm passing here. Pass on Engram, he's averaging 4 shallow targets a game. If Zay Jones is in, I still like Kirk, if Zay Jones is out, I kind of love Kirk. He's 9th at the WR position in terms of market share, with a good aDOT/r of 10.3, and has 8 redzone targets through 4 games... he has a solid floor, and TD equity. Sign me up.

ATL/TBB

Falcons have a good RB matchup, and bad P matchup,
Bucs have a great RB matchup, and a good P matchup.
Mariota has a meh ASR matchup. Algeier? has a great ALY matchup.
Brady has a great ASR matchup.
Falcons TTR is 19th.
Bucs TTR is 2nd
Pace of play is 11th in MS, 14th overall. O/UR is 2nd.

- Injuries - ATL - On O, no Pitts, no Patterson/Dam Williams.
- TBB - On D, no Logan Ryan for 2nd week, no Akiem Hicks for 3rd week. On O, no Bernard still, no Brate. Perriman/Julio are Q.

I feel like I hear people in the DFS scene not like Algeier, and they have a committee, and are big dogs, blah blah blah. He's averaging 5.3 YPC, its a small sample size, and without his longest rush he's at 4~ YPC. But he's playing on a team thats shown they want to run as much as they can in neutral/positive situations, they have the 2nd best ALY push, and he's cheap! He'll be in my player pool. I see there's no Pitts now, I think Hesse is a min punt play option if you want, as his expanded volume with beat his price for sure. I can't tell anyone not to play london, pitts had a 23% target share, and that'll be dispersed to all parties, if any go to London (it will), he will only stamp the 2nd highest target share in the league, at 34%. The problem is despite being 2nd in target share, he has the lowest targets of the top 10 WRs in target, because like mentioned earlier, they do not want to throw the ball. Either play him, or fade in DFS, there's arguments to both sides.
With Julio back, he probably fights into Gage territory, both are a pass. I'm happy to see godwin come back and step right into his role, he had 10 targets last week, but keep in mind, they were playing in a positive passing script the enitre game, he also had a weak aDOT/r of 4.9, Evans is the man to own, he shared the targets, but his aDOT/r was 10.8, and had 3 redzone targets, he's bradys preferred target there. With no Brate, Otton had 4 targets last week, 13 total targets to TEs, they obviously don't repeat that, but its a punt salary option that has 5-25-1 potential. Despite a terrible rushing performance (3 carries for negative yards in the first half), and his lowest snap % share of the year, I think fournette is a good play. The script of last week won't happen again, and he's still averaging 20~ touches a game despite that performance. They have the 2nd highest TTR, and are big faves. I'd debate Fournette + DEF + London, or Algeier + Evans, gives you two different scenarios, this of course doesn't include the punt options.

SEA/NOS

Seahawks have a meh P/RB matchup.
Saints have a great P matchup, and good RB matchup.
Kamara? has a great ALY push.
Seahawks TTR is 17th.
Saints TTR is 4th.
Pace of play is T-8th in MS, 9th overall. O/UR is 6th.

- Injuries - SEA - On D, no DE Johnson (was a limited player). On O, Goodwin/Walker are Q.
- NOS - On D, no PJ Williams CB, no DE Turner (limited). On OL, Throckmorton is out, but looks to get Peat back. No Thomas, probably no Winston, and Kamara/Landry are Q.

Pass catching options come down to just Lockett or Metcalf, they're virtually the same players in terms of Target share, and aDOT/r, but 1 (Metcalf) gets RZ looks, and would be my preferred option of the 2, but won't fault you for lockett. Seattle has been playing 3 TEs, if you want to take a stab on 1, go ahead, but I won't. Penny has been great, but there's 2 ways to approach this. If walker is out, its a huge boost to his 70% capped snap %, as well as his terrible 1 target/game average. That news may make me up his % owned in my lineups, otherwise I'll have a bit of him, his YPC is great, but if in a negative script, he has the potential to dud. But if we believe in Geno and this team, he can have 16~ carries 80+ yards with TD equity.
If Kamara is back, I think he can be a super low owned option pivot, people have been writing him off, and he still got 20~ total touches in the 2 games he was active. He has a great ALY push, good DVOA matchup, and the 4th highest TTR. If he's out, I'm passing on this backfield, Ingram has averaged 42% snaps in the 2 games kamara was out, how can we trust that, or the other backup (was jones once, murray another time). I still want to believe in Johnson, but he burned me, and Trautman has ate into his snaps. Pass at TE. I love Olave as much as anyone else, he had a 25% market share last week without Thomas, and maybe no Landry this week, he's 16th in target share among all WRs. Nobody without atleast 17 targets has a better aDOT/r of his minus Collins (21 T's) and Corey Davis (25 T's), he has 36 targets, and a 13.9 aDOT/R. That can be a 9~ 120~ range. He does have 4 RZ targets too. IF you wanted to pivot off of his ownership, I think Callaway can be interesting. He actually played 97% of snaps last week (to Olave's 68%), and had 1 less target (6), with a huge aDOT/r of 17. I think that can be smart.

LAC/CLV

Chargers have a great RB matchup, good P matchup.
Browns have a good RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Herbert has the best ASR matchup.
Chubb has a good ALY push.
Chargers TTR is 6th.
Browns TTR is 13th.
Pace of play is 6th, O/UR is 3rd.

- Injuries - LAC - On D, no Bosa for 2nd week. On O, OT Slater is out for 2nd week. WR Allen is out, Palmer is Q.
- CLV - On D, Bryan/Clowney are Q, and have missed past week(s), could be a good addition.

We have a close spread, healthy pace, and good matchups/O-U. Ekeler is a fine player to play, I don't like chasing past weeks, especially ones that involved 3 tds, but he has such a safe PPR floor with high upside (7+ target/g average with 1 rz target/g), he can definitely be considered. He's been capped around 60% of snaps too, but the chargers have really only had 1 game with a neutralish~ script, so maybe we can see that creep closer to the 65-70% range. Mike Williams gets the benefit of no Keenan Allen yet again, He has a 20% target share on the team, and an aDOT/r of 9.7 to go along with a 90%~ snap count, he is the obvious pair to herbert if you go that route. Having said that, if Palmer is out with Allen, Michael Bandy could be a min priced punt, he had 2 targets last week, caught both for an aDOT/r of 21.5. Just something to consider. I almost forgot, among TEs that matter (i'll say 20+ targets), Everett is 6th in aDOT/r at 7.5, and is 2nd among TEs playing in the MS.
I'm sorry Hunt, but I think you can only outscore Chubb with TDs. Chubb has better yards before AND after contact, gets 50%~ more total touches despite being in a 50/55-50% split. You know he's good for around the 24~ touch range, and I'll never talk anyone off of him. I really like DPJ over Cooper, he had a dud week, but aside from that, they're near equals in almost everything, and he has a better aDOT/r of 10.2 (over coopers 7.9). Both have RZ targets. I think either can beat the other, but if picking one, DPJ for me. I like Njoku, he has a good target share of 18.7%, but he gets shallow passes, and I see other TEs as better options.

CHI/MIN

Bears have a great RB matchup, good P matchup.
Vikes have a good RB matchup, and meh P matchup.
Fields has the worst ASR matchup. Herbert? has a good ALY push.
Cousins has a good ASR matchup. Cook has a good ALY push.
Bears TTR is 21st.
Vikes TTR is 5th.
Pace of play is 2nd. O/UR is 8th.

- Injuries - CHI - On D, 2 CB's are D. On O, Montgomery is Q, and missing OL Whitehair.
- MIN - Nothing really.

I continued to get burned by trying to get cute with a chicago WR. When will I learn. St. Brown and Mooney lead in snap share, and Mooney has a 25% target share, but thats acquired on 4 targets a game... that's gross, despite that, he does have a solid aDOT/r of 13.1, St, browns is 15.3, but that's only on 8 and 4 TOTAL CATCHES THIS YEAR. You'd think in this positive passing script he will finally be used, I'm not saying I'm not doing it, but I'll keep it to myself until monday. Kmet is an everydown TE, but is even more gross than the WRs. He has 8 targets through 4 games and a shallow 4.2 aDOT/r. Ugh. To make matters worse, Montgomery may be back, and I don't think he will go back to being a 70% snap count, atleast not at first. So do we trust either one? I don't really, if montgomery sits, Herbert can be played as a good value.
So we have a solid pace, a solid TTR, a good ALY push, and the best defensive ASR matchup. I think we may be able to play Cook at a sneaky low owned play. Most people will be scared of mattisons increased usage (rightfully so, as Cook had his worst snap count at 61-62% last 2 weeks), but he is still seeing 20~ touches a game, has been the much more efficient runner, and has about 3~ targets/g, and a 60-40 split being the worst situation it is still better than most of the leagues backs. Pass at TE. At WR, its a 3 man ring, Osborn is obviously last on the pecking order, and should be avoided. Thielen and Jefferson are extremely similar, but Jefferson gets a shit ton more targets and is obviosuly 1A, he (or both) can be considered weekly. They have a combined 14 RZ targets on the season too.

TEN/WAS

Titans have a great P matchup, and bad RB matchup.
Commanders also have a great P matchup, and a bad RB matchup.
Henry has a meh ALY push.
Wents has a meh ASR matchup, and Gibson? has a meh ALY push.
Titans TTR is T-11th.
Commanders TTR is 18th.
Pace of play is 12th /12 in MS, 16th overall. O/UR is 11th.

- Injuries - TEN - Ummm, the Titans are without 5 LB's and a S, that has to be worrisome. On O, no Burks.
- WAS - On D, w/o a LB/S, weren't to important. On OL no Cosmi now, and they've been without Roullier for 3rd week now. Dotson is out. Thomas Q.

Another scenario where we have a defense that is ranked 7th in ASR (TEN), going against a meh QB/OL, I'm not sure how to feel about the injuries on D though, but if they get in a positive script, it could be a Henry+D scenario, but even without the defense, Henry is getting 20+ touches a game, with 3 of it being targets. The only thing that upsets me is he has been capped at 70%~ snaps despite playing with a lead in his 3 healthy games. I know 70% is good, but not to long ago he was much higher than that, and used to be good for almost 25 (closer to 30) touches a game. No 3rd WR on TEN had more than 5% snap count. LOL. with no burks, that obvisouly changes, and it should belong to Westbrook-Ikhine, I guess he is a min priced punt option. Woods is the man to own if you play this game, but do no, the pace is bad, the OU is bad, and they may be playing with a lead.
I'm not touching the washington backfield until further notice. I don't know robinson's role yet, or if it'll be a 3 man committee the first week, but once he establishes himself, I'll reconsider. We don't know Logan thomas health, but I'll pass either way. Which brings up 2 options Samuel, and McLaurin. Samuel is such a shallow receiver, at 3.4 aDOT/r, and maybe with robinson his 1/2/3 carries become 0/1? I'm passing here. With no Dotson and his 13% target share, it will filter to all pass catches. Give me McLaurin and his 12.6 aDOT/r in a game where I think they'll be playing from behind. I think he's closer to the 7+/100+ range this game.

MIA/NYJ

Dolphins have a great P matchup, and meh RB matchup.
Jets have a great P matchup, and bad RB matchup.
Teddy has a good ASR matchup. Edmonds? has a bad ALY matchup.
Z. Wilson has a good ASR matchup. Hall? has a bad ALY matchup.
Dolphins TTR is T-9th.
Jets TTR is 16th.
Pace of play is T-8th in MS, T-9th overall. O/UR is 7th.

- Injuries - MIA - a TON of Q's we need to wait for.
- NYJ - On D, 2nd week w/o LB Williams. On OL, 2nd week without Fant, and 1st week without Mitchell.

We have question marks all over. With uncertainty of Hill or Waddle, plus how will teddy play? But they have a great matchup, and good ASR matchup. if 1 of the 2 miss, I think you can happily play the other. If both are in, idk, this game is just on the bottom half of pace/OU, and I can kind of see a back being a 2+td option but thats to unpredictable. I will note, Mostert had his best snap share of 72% last week (edmonds had 28%), so it may be the changing of the guard and no more splitski's. I think I'd one-off him in a lineup just incase thats the new norm and resulted in 18~ total touches, in a game that was neutral script at best last week. Tua never used his TE's, but maybe Teddy does, pass for now, as I like others, but to note for future week(s).
My gut says I wont NO part of this jets backfield while missing 2 OL too. But like mostert, I see Hall gaining ground in snap %, with a season high of 66%, finished last week with 23 total opportunities, with 6 of them being targets. On the year, he's averaging almost 7 a game, has 5 redzone TARGETS, and he's CHEAP! I'm talking myself into it, with a TD, he can finish with 20+ points. I've been a corey davis one-offer for a couple weeks now, he was also Wilsons favorite target last year, he tied for a team high last week in targets, and had a solid aDOT/r of 11.6., for the season its 14.3, IMO he's the homerun hitter to have here if any at all. I think Conklin is a decent PPR option, but 1 thing worth noting, with flacco, his aDOT/r was a putrid 2.4, with wilson last week, it was 9.3.... if that keeps up, he can be a solid TE for yearlongs, and sneaky option for DFS for some weeks.

4PMs/Main Slate Cont.

SFO/CAR

49ers have a good P matchup, and meh RB matchup.
Panthers have a bad P/RB matchup.
Garop has a great ASR matchup.
Baker? has a bad ASR matchup. CMC has a meh ALY push.
49ers TTR is T-11th.
Panthers TTR is 24th /24.
Pace of play is T-8th in MS, T-9th overall. O/UR is 12th /12.

- Injuries - SFO - On D, No LB Shaair for 2nd week, no DE Armstead, still no S Moore, no DT Kinlaw for 2nd week, On OL, still no Williams, and now no McKivitz.
- CAR - On D, no S Chinn for 2nd week. couple Q's. On O, still no Darnold/Shenault.

I don't like how Wilson had no targets last week, and outside of the TD run, he had a 2.47~ YPC. I'm actually going to avoid him here despite being faves, and people watching him on primetime last week. He's now missing down another OL man too. I think fading his ownership is the smarter play but if you want to pair him with SFO D, I see why. I know Deebo can take anything to the house, as seen last week.... but he had a pathetic 1.7 aDOT/r, his season numbers are at 2.8, he's getting 7 targets/g, but 80% of his yards come after the catch. You can take Kittle if you'd like, he is one of the few TE's how can get to 100+ yards on any given sunday, but going to pace here, as I like other options more.
I can't trust these WRs with baker at the helm. Moore/Anderson are out there almost all the time and Smith is at 75%, they have 64 total targets between the 3 of them, only 33 were deemed catchable. The big 2 do have a 45% target share between them, but they have the worst TT, worst OU, and on the bottom side of the pace. Pass, that includes TEs too. CMC is the only thing worth mentioning. He has a solid snap count between 80 to 90%, and it looks like they are starting to check down to him more too. He has a solid PPR floor, and with a TD or two can always be the RB1 for the week.

DAL/LAR

Cowboys have a great P matchup, and bad RB matchup.
Rams have a great RB matchup, and bad P matchup.
Rush has a good ASR matchup.
Stafford has a bad ASR matchup.
Cowboys TTR is 20th.
Rams TTR is T-9th.
Pace of play is 7th. O/UR is T-9th.

- Injuries - DAL - On O, OL Peters is doubtful. Ferguson/Pollard/Lamb all Q.
- LAR - On D, no S Fuller, CD Durant, a couple Q's. On O, OL no allen for 4th week, and now no Shelton.

I'll start by saying Dallas D is cheap, and will be the most owned DEF. I agree with it, in tournaments, you may want to pivot in some lineups. Having said that, if Pollard is out, Zeke + D will be super popular, and its kind of something I liked with pollard in, as Zeke has been getting closer to 66% of snaps this year, and pollard has had 2 games under 40, and just 1 above 45%. Cowboys didn't have to throw last week, and my head says they probably don't need to this week... having said that, you can't be so sure, and vegas obviously has them as dogs. If you think it plays out this way, Lamb has been coopers favorite target by a mile. Weeks 2 to 4 he has a 36% target share on the team, with an ok aDOT/r of 7.5. Keep in mind he is Q though. With or without lamb, I thought brown was going to fall off last week with gallup coming back, but he didn't. In fact, he played more snaps, and had a 23% target share on the team, with a great aDOT/r of 16. I think he is the sneaky option on this team tomorrow. I'm not sure how many routes Schultz ran last week, but he immediately got to 90% snap count, which is faster and better than I thought it would have been. He only had 3 targets, but again it was a scenario where they led throughout. I think both won't coexist, I just like other TEs more, but keep him in mind moving forward.
I've touted higbee for a couple weeks now, the guy has the best snap count for a TE, and is seeing a ridiculous 25% of targets, good for #2 among TEs, his knock is his putrid 2.8 aDOT/r, and it's probably why I'll let others chase his game last week. Now Cooper Lupp on the other hand has a MASSIVE 36.2% target share on this team, his aDOT/r isn't great at 5.3, but it doesn't matter when you get 13-14 targets a game, with atleast 2 RZ targets a game, his floor is just insane with almost 20 points at 0 TDs. I will say, A-Rob has caught all of his deemed catchable balls, and despite a low 12% target share on this team, he has seen 7 RZ targets, and has a bit better aDOT/r... he will have a breakout game eventually, but I'm not dart throwing it this week Henderson and Akers are in like a 60-40,50-50 split, I don't really trust either as they're capped to 12~ opportunities max a game. I'd pass.

PHI/ARI

Eagles have a great P matchup, and meh RB matchup.
Cards have a good RB matchup, and bad P matchup.
Hurts has a great ASR matchup.
Kyler has a meh ASR matchup. Connor has a good ALY push.
Eagles TTR is 3rd.
Cards TTR is T-14th.
Pace is 1st, O/UR is 1st.

- Injuries - PHI - On D, DE Johnson is out, CB Maddox out for 2nd week. On OL, Mailata is doubtful.
- ARI - On D, LB Vigil is out, DT Lawrence is out for 3rd week. On OL C Hudson is doubtful, and first in line guard Garcia is out.

It feels like Sanders finally got his largest snap share, ever?, at 67%, which coincided with 27 carries and 3 targets... thats MASSIVE. Granted, it was a bad passing weather day, and after the 1st it was a neutral to positive script. The thing is, it project to be that way today too. If sanders keeps this type of snap/volume up, he can turn into a top 5+ back easy, but one problem is Hurts can vulture, and occasionally gainwell too, but I'd rather get on this train before others. Goedert plays a lot of snaps, while averaging 5 targets a game, but its all shallow with an aDOT of 2.3, pass. AJ Brown and Devonte remind me of Jefferson/Theilen. Both are almost the same but Brown has a much bigger target share, both have aDOTs around 10~, brown has more RZ targets... some weeks smith will win, most weeks brown will 1A to 1B. I won't talk anyone of hurts, its the fastest pace, best OU, their TTR is 3rd, and he can score both ways, I think I'd rather 1 off other positional spots, but will have a game stack or two.
Connor is getting about 15~ touches a game, but he was the king of 1 yd tds last year, that hasn't fallen for him, and I'm not rostering him this week. Ertz is an ok play because of his 8~ targets a game, but he also gets them shallow, the biggest plus is his 10 RZ targets through 4 games and 85-95% snap count last 3 weeks, he has TD upside. Ro. Moore coming back officially erased Dortch, but the only WR with upside is Hollywood, he's the only one getting deep targets (if you can call it that) with an aDOT/r of 7.8, but he owns a 26.6% target share, averaging 11+ targets a game, he will have a tougher matchup this week but 10+, 80+ isn't unreasonable.

Last edited:
1PMs

B. Hall Receptions O2.5 -135 4.05-3

M. Evans Rec Yds. O63.5 -115 2.3-2
P. Friermuth Receptions O3.5 -130 2.6-2
C. Kirk Rec Yds O66.5 -125 2.5-2
D. Cook Rush Yds. O78.5 -125 2.5-2
T. McLaurin Rec. Yds O60.5 -115 2.3-2
M. Callaway Rec Yds O34.5 -115 2.3-2

K. Shakir Rec Yds O35.5 -115 1.15-1
D. Harris Rush Yds O67.5 -115 1.15-1
D. Peoples-Jones Rec Yds. O33.5 -110 1.1-1

4PMs

CMC Receptions O4.5 -140 2.8-2
N. Brown Rec Yds O34.5 -115 2.3-2

Z. Ertz Receptions O4.5 -140 1.4-1
K. Murray Rush Yds. O23.5 -120 1.2-1

If Teddy remains in, I think we most likely see that hall reception prop, as we'd assume it would have been a closer game. womp.

Freiermuth got a concussion too, and didn't (and nobody probably will ever...) return... womp.

Kirk was a ghost, and really the biggest fail of my DFS lineups that were overall successful.

I need to check his snap count, but wtf dalton and the saints. Game hits over 70, Olave goes out of the game, and Callaways stat line reads 2 for 5 yards. womp.

Damien Harris gets hurt, Rhamondre goes for 161..... womp.

I made comments how gallup didnt effect brown last week, guess it was just him working his way back, because they went back to the way I thought it was going to be prior to last week, was wrong here.

8-6 -0.75

Another thing of note, there were 8 RBs in the top 10 of ALY push in the mainslate.

Seahawks were #1, finished with 17 carries for 146 yards, 8.59 YPC. (to go with 1 RB target). Neutral Gamescript.
Atlanta was #2, finished with 24 carries for 90 yards, 3.75 YPC. (to go with 2 RB targets). NEGATIVE Gamescript.
Pats were #3, finished with 29 carries for 172 yards, 5.93 YPC. (to go with 3 RB targets). Positive Gamescript.
Lions were #5, finished with 24 carries for 94 yards, 3.92 YPC. (to go with 4 RB targets). NEGATIVE Gamescript.

Bears were #7, finished with 16 carries for 31 yards, 1.94 YPC. (to go with 4 RB targets). NEGATIVE Gamescript.
Vikings #8, finished with 27 carries for 113 yards, 4.19 YPC. (to go with 6 RB targets). Positive Gamescript.
Browns #9, finished with 28 carries for 181 yards, 6.46 YPC. (to go with 4 RB targets). Positive to Neutral Gamescript.
Cards #10, finished with 20 carries for 89 yards, 4.45 YPC. (to go with 5 RB targets). Negative to Neutral Gamescript~~~.

If you can paint the picture of who will be in a neutral to positive game script, you can find yourself picking valuable backs. there were 5 that fell into these categories, and across those 5 teams, 8 rushing TDs were scored. Just something to take note of going forward.

There were 7 defenses in the MS that were top 10 in ASR.

Vikings were #1, finished T-15th overall. (despite paring extremely well with Cook, 26.1 FPs) Positive game script to start, which quickly vanished.
Cowboys were #3, finished 1st overall. (paired decently with Pollard, 14.6 FPs.) Positive game script throughout really..
49ers were #4, finished 3rd overall. (paired well with Wilson, 20.2 FPs) Positive game script throughout really.

Bucs were #6, and finished T-9th overall. (paired extremely well with Fournette, 35.9 FPs) Positive game script throughout really. and probably finish higher despite a 4th quarter collapse.
Titans were #7, finished T-9th overall. (and paired extremely well with Henry, 27.2 FPs), Neutral game script.
Bills were #8, finished 5th overall. (despite not pairing well with Singletary, 5.6 FPs.) Positive game script.
Eagles were #9, finished T-15th overall. (and didn't pair to well with Sanders, 8.4 FPs.) Neutral game script.

Somehow not 1 defense really had a negative game script, giving opportunities to all, but we really only had 2 real duds at defense, 3 that didn't pair well with RBs, and I think all could have been sniffed out, the slightest being Sanders but we'll get there.

Vikes were a miss, but you know Chicago doesn't really give you opportunities to sacks/picks because they don't throw it much, the defense could have been avoided, but we still could have came to Cook, he even fit the ALY discussion too.

Bills were a hit, and we know not to play singletary in DFS with Allens ability to make plays with his legs/vulture.

Eagles were a miss, but we probably could have been talked off Sanders for the same reason as Bills/Allen, but to an even worse degree.

LVR/KCC

Raiders have a good P matchup, bad RB matchup.
Chiefs have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Mahomes has a great ASR matchup.
Pace of play is 8th.

- Injuries - LVR - On D, LB Brown is out. On O, Moreau is Q.
- KCC - On O, G Smith is Q with a pec injury, something to watch. Juju is Q, expected to play, and K Butker is out.

- The TE position is averaging roughly 14~ points vs KC, Waller seems like a forgotten player, but I think the Raiders play from behind, he owns a 17%~ target share, averaging 6~ targets a game with an aDOT/r of 8, but he also has 7 RZ targets. I think 5-50 is his absolute floor tonight, I'll like him more if Moreau is out. In 2 starts without him, he's averaging 82% of snaps. in the 2 starts with him, he's at 63%. He also had a 29yard TD catch called back earlier this year. Renfrow is back which will lower projections/ownership on Hollins, but I still like him. Even in the games with Renfrow, he out snapped him W1 88 to 83, and 87 to 69%, and he led his team in aDOT/r those weeks, of 10.5, that number only got better weeks 3-4, and he did it with more receptions/targets. For the season, he's currently at a 17% target share, and an aDOT/r of 11.6, 5 RZ targets shows some more opportunity too. I won't talk anyone off Adams here, but I know its hard to fit all the top dogs, but he is averaging 12~ targets a game, with 3+ RZ targets A GAME.... He has a floor/ceiling range as high as anyone. In games with a negative game script, Jacobs is averaging about 11.5~ carries. If you paint the picture of them playing with a lead, and sustaining it, play Jacobs, otherwise, I think you avoid him (I will in a majority) In those 2 games I mentioned, he saw 62%~ of snaps, I will say, in a scenario where they play with a lead, he may be captain #1, as his ceiling could be 30+ total opportunities.

I keep hearing worries of Helaire not being able to sustain this type of efficiency, and he keeps doing it. Having said that, I understand why there was a concern, he had never seen more than 44%~ of snaps weeks 1 through 3, and McKinnon actually outsnapped him twice in those weeks. However, he saw his highest last week, 56%, and gets a ton of good opportunities in this offense, so he can always be considerd. Pacheco had a big role last week, but they were leading big through most of the game... but thats a scenario that can play out here too, and he's much more efficient than mckinnon as well, and its starting to show, I think you keep him on your lineup loadouts as well. He's had more 40% more opportunities than mckinnon on 60% less snaps, he's the backup to own. Kelce's a monster, he is 3rd for TEs in target share, He's T-5th in aDOT/r among TEs with 20+ targets (waller is 3rd), and is 2nd in RZ targets (waller is T-3rd). Raiders have given up 13.7 FPs/g to TEs and now go against the best. Play him if you can. IMO, the WR position for KC is a crap shoot, they play 5 a game every game this year. Nobe have hit 80% yet, and Skyy Moore, the worst overall snap count guy, has played as high as 28% of snaps in a game. I know Juju/MVS are the target share leaders for this team, and I prefer MVS of the 2, but you can easily dart throw a justin watson or sky moore and hope they break one, plus you need some salary relief in this showdown.

Back