College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading a lot about late starts in big ten too. All scenarios still in play.
Yeah and they never announced schedule on Friday as planned ...

I'd assume they are still working things out for this..a late start. It won't do much honestly but perhaps we have teams with a better shot at herd immunity.

I don't care how many people die, do NOT cancel that Oklahoma-Tennessee game.

And call it a scientific test game and allow a SRO crowd. We'll learn whether packed stadiums are dangerous or not and everyone there will be happy to be a guinea pig for the test.

Last edited:
Oklahoma and Missouri State moved their game up a week and it will now be on Aug 29. This gives them a bye week after each of their first three games. Seems strange to me , but OU sees it as an advantage for some reason.

In case you've forgotten, Bobby Petrino is the new coach at Missouri State

My poor Alma mater. I predict 77 to 7.

I saw a VT CB opt out. Honestly don’t know how good he is or the circumstances.

there will be anomaly type players like Sunshine, Chase etc (high draft picks....not opt outs) that COULD do this.

I don’t work for the NFL but if I ran that business it’s INSTABAN on these players. This isn’t political at all, but this is BIG business.

Watch The Throne

Cancel em. Va Tech a great school. Maybe he is a biology major and is like the Ohio St QB back in the day and has his profession picked out.

I’m only pointing out that you are as only as good as others think you are.
He may have valid reasons. I don’t know.

I know if I had a ticket to possibly cash I would.
I hope the young man has good people in his ear

Guy at VT is projected first rounder according to Twitter
That makes it interesting then for sure.

the NFL NCAA thing is way deeper than the surface appears. Nothing has bigger money ties between pro and not that I can think of.

He told the truth, and unfortunately sometimes that hurts. In this case it hurts a lot. The season will likely be called by 7/31. One power 5 Conf will cry uncle and then the dominoes will fall. It's a virtual certainty at this point..... an formality of what most of us already know is coming.
Big day tomorrow.

Big day tomorrow.

Thanks for tracking my prediction lol. They're pushing out the inevitable yet again for the almighty dollar. I underestimated the greed of the power 5 schools. They've made a gazillion dollars over the years and cannot even sacrifice one season that is going to be a trainwreck. This won't end well. Not a pessimist, just a realist. Don't worry BAR, I'll find you when this comes crashing down.

As excited as I am about the nba reg season resuming tonight, I can only imagine how euphoric I'd feel if college football actually kicks off next month and they can get some games in. It appears they will do anything they can to do it, bo matter how bad the optics are. They'll push it to a kid ending up on a ventilator before they scrap it. Congratulations.

Thanks for tracking my prediction lol. They're pushing out the inevitable yet again for the almighty dollar. I underestimated the greed of the power 5 schools. They've made a gazillion dollars over the years and cannot even sacrifice one season that is going to be a trainwreck. This won't end well. Not a pessimist, just a realist. Don't worry BAR, I'll find you when this comes crashing down.

As excited as I am about the nba reg season resuming tonight, I can only imagine how euphoric I'd feel if college football actually kicks off next month and they can get some games in. It appears they will do anything they can to do it, bo matter how bad the optics are. They'll push it to a kid ending up on a ventilator before they scrap it. Congratulations.
I just wanted to get your attention ;)

Who knows what happens but you have wild predictions! And yes, I remember on April 6th you said the NBA season was getting cancelled imminently. Here we are though, and it should go on without a hitch unless too many guys break the bubble.

Back to CFB..

Start the season the week of Nov 3rd, run a 10 game season. Then do all domes for playoffs and conference championship games. End of January, all done..

That's feasible.

How can you underestimate the money Majent?

a school like LSU needs the football. Like to survive from years of TOPS program low standards for entry amongst other things

I just wanted to get your attention ;)

Who knows what happens but you have wild predictions! And yes, I remember on April 6th you said the NBA season was getting cancelled imminently. Here we are though, and it should go on without a hitch unless too many guys break the bubble.

Back to CFB..

Start the season the week of Nov 3rd, run a 10 game season. Then do all domes for playoffs and conference championship games. End of January, all done..

That's feasible.

The nba season was suspended March 11. Nearly 5 mos later the reg season will resume and hopefully finish.

I've also predicted that CFB will move to the spring.

I've been right a lot, trust me. I'm not a fool.
The history is there if anyone cares to look for it

And in the bigger picture...Covid will change the landscape of CFB forever.

We know this isn't all about the virus. Why is it okay for Iowa to play at Minnesota but not vs Iowa St? Just one example...

We'll get our super conferences sooner rather than later. With the NIL coming into play, an expanded playoff and whatnot we'll look back at 2020 as the year things got accelerated .

The nba season was suspended March 11. Nearly 5 mos later the reg season will resume and hopefully finish.

I've also predicted that CFB will move to the spring.

I've been right a lot, trust me. I'm not a fool.
The history is there if anyone cares to look for it
I never said you were a fool. I was just pointing out the wild predictions you like to make...

I've given into that CFB (as a whole) will be tough to poll off until the election is done with. It is what it is and players don't get paid ... another reason why.

I never said you were a fool. I was just pointing out the wild predictions you like to make...

I've given into that CFB (as a whole) will be tough to poll off until the election is done with. It is what it is and players don't get paid ... another reason why.

Anyone can walk the line and stay on the fence. I like to put myself out there.

When the whole thing gets scrapped way short of a 10 game season (they'll be lucky to get 3 games in).

Again I severely underestimated the need for money (power 5 conferences are apparently very crappy at managing money) and the greed aspect.

This is going to be a trainwreck optics wise.

Anyone can walk the line and stay on the fence. I like to put myself out there.

When the whole thing gets scrapped way short of a 10 game season (they'll be lucky to get 3 games in).

Again I severely underestimated the need for money (power 5 conferences are apparently very crappy at managing money) and the greed aspect.

This is going to be a trainwreck optics wise.
My favorite word...optics...

Just like I underestimated the media in all this ..

Gonna be quite the battle.

Absolutely no liability at all.

18 and over, you are an ADULT and can make your own choices.

PERIOD.

There is no liability.

And as a precaution, that's why schools are having waivers signed.

We'll see how many "kids" sign those waivers. We'll see how many parents allow their kids to sign. U of Tennessee already walked it back. Watch the latest hbo real sports w gumbel and you'll see it.

Don't worry BAR, I'll find you.

:-)

Good segment on the virus/college football/students/parents concerns on this month's segment of Real Sports on HBO.

The parents of two brothers--one playing at Stanford, one at Michigan--are the most interesting part of the segment. The mom is a lawyer and discusses the absurd idea of forcing all players to sign a hold harmless agreement before they are allowed to play. I knew that wasn't going to fly the first instant I heard of it. All conferences were using it, but as soon as it became public they all started dropping it. Don't know if every school has dropped it, but they will because that's not going to fly.

The piece is even handed and doesn't come to any conclusion, but it reveals how hard colleges are working trying to figure out how to play

Good segment on the virus/college football/students/parents concerns on this month's segment of Real Sports on HBO.

The parents of two brothers--one playing at Stanford, one at Michigan--are the most interesting part of the segment. The mom is a lawyer and discusses the absurd idea of forcing all players to sign a hold harmless agreement before they are allowed to play. I knew that wasn't going to fly the first instant I heard of it. All conferences were using it, but as soon as it became public they all started dropping it. Don't know if every school has dropped it, but they will because that's not going to fly.

The piece is even handed and doesn't come to any conclusion, but it reveals how hard colleges are working trying to figure out how to play
The Hinton brothers...

Remember, Dad is an NFL vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back