College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe his degree should be revoked? At this point, there is virtually no “science” that defends shutting things down and not resuming life as normal.

Where‘s your medical degree, Jedi? You have to trust the experts. You don‘t care about these players‘ lives. You just want human chattel to sacrifice themselves for your entertainment. I am virtuous.

An open question for anyone who might have heard.

What is the status of guys like Sermon who transferred to Ohio State and now they are not playing--at least as of now. Can they go back and play at the old school? Most of them have enrolled for at least the summer semester so where does that leave them?

Count on Lane Kiffin to stir the pot. He's calling for players in conferences who cancel the season to transfer and be eligible to play immediately.

The NCAA says no transfers will be allowed--of course they do, their last concern is for a kid who gets screwed by a conference--but I think they are on shaky ground legally.

I hope to see Thomas Mars--the guy who proved Hugh Freeze was a world class asshole and hypocrite--and a couple of other lawyers who have pounded the NCAA in court take the cases of these kids

It's absurd from every standpoint--legal, ethical, and moral--to tell kids they won't be allowed to play at the school where they enrolled, but will also not be allowed to play anywhere else, especially when we see kids freely transfer and be granted immediate eligibility every year except this year.

What possible logical reason can they give to say the USC QB who transferred to Georgia a few weeks ago is eligible, but all the other players who stayed loyal to their schools now are stuck at those schools even though the schools won't let them play

Last edited:
I’m pretty on game with euphemisms and slanguage and the rest

I still don’t understand the tweet above with the flames And what she implies

I am sure these college athletes are thrilled that they can now to focus on getting other people to vote in the election instead of playing football or (fill in the blank) sport this fall. They want to use these college athletes as influencers for the election, you know since they have all of this extra time on your hands.

"There are 10,000 athletes, many of whom are viewed as influencers to their roommates, classmates and both college and local communities where they’re from. Could their registration create a chain reaction that pushes the voter participation numbers up even higher? Could it be enough to impact local elections? Maybe the presidential election?"

Last edited:
This is getting sweeter and sweeter. As someone pointed out above, there were sure to be attacks from the Timid Two and their allies against the schools who decided to play, and sure enough they are coming right and left.

The sportswriters who blithely claimed that if two conferences as prestigious as the Timid Two cancelled then all the mere football conferences would have no choice but to do the same are furious (the moronic Larry Scott believed every word and assured member schools it was true).

Sally Jenkins (W Post), one of those who led the charge to cancel the season, is so incensed she was wrong her brain exploded and she admits what everyone else already knew, football players are the safest group on campus as per 8th paragraph:

"The issue is not whether 85 varsity football players are “safer” on empty campuses built for 30,000, secluded in facilities and awash in medical resources and testing — yes, they probably are."

But instead of admitting she was wrong she gives us a hint at what the new narrative will be, "yeah, okay, it's safe to play football but we should cancel the season anyway because those mean coaches didn't bother to protect all the other students."

I am sure these college athletes are thrilled that they can now to focus on getting other people to vote in the election instead of playing football or (fill in the blank) sport this fall. They want to use these college athletes as influencers for the election, you know since they have all of this extra time on your hands.

"There are 10,000 athletes, many of whom are viewed as influencers to their roommates, classmates and both college and local communities where they’re from. Could their registration create a chain reaction that pushes the voter participation numbers up even higher? Could it be enough to impact local elections? Maybe the presidential election?"

Wouldn’t it be great if all of those students voted for Trump? How hilarious would that be?

Thomas Mars has indeed filed a FOI request, probably the first of many. For any who are not familiar with Mars he is the LAST attorney you want looking into any backroom deals you made and thought no one would every find out about.

He is going to kick some Big 10 ass

There have been 264 Covid deaths in the US for those age 15-24. Almost all had other health issues. I read that around 1000 college-age kids commit suicide each year (I have not verified this), so is you are college age, you will be more likely to commit suicide than die from Covid.

If you have school-age children and are worried about them dying from Covid, 27 children age 5-14 have died from Covid in the entire US and once again most had other health issues.

Knowing this, some colleges have canceled in-person classes, some schools have canceled in-person classes, and some colleges have canceled sports. SCIENCE

This is getting sweeter and sweeter. As someone pointed out above, there were sure to be attacks from the Timid Two and their allies against the schools who decided to play, and sure enough they are coming right and left.

The sportswriters who blithely claimed that if two conferences as prestigious as the Timid Two cancelled then all the mere football conferences would have no choice but to do the same are furious (the moronic Larry Scott believed every word and assured member schools it was true).

Sally Jenkins (W Post), one of those who led the charge to cancel the season, is so incensed she was wrong her brain exploded and she admits what everyone else already knew, football players are the safest group on campus as per 8th paragraph:

"The issue is not whether 85 varsity football players are “safer” on empty campuses built for 30,000, secluded in facilities and awash in medical resources and testing — yes, they probably are."

But instead of admitting she was wrong she gives us a hint at what the new narrative will be, "yeah, okay, it's safe to play football but we should cancel the season anyway because those mean coaches didn't bother to protect all the other students."

It’s only science if it confirms what you already believe. They should come up with a term for that

What do you guys think sports books will do with futures? Gotta be some pretty pissed off buckeye future bettors who still have to have that pending.

What do you guys think sports books will do with futures?

Lots of questions for the books this year. One of the things that interest me is no week off before or after the peak emotional game on the schedule, That has become standard at all big rivalries, Oklahoma always has a bye week before Texas and have for a century unless the conference forces them to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back