College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I don't think they would be releasing a schedule the day after the Big 10 cancels if they aren't planning on going through with it

K-State @ OU 9/26 to kick things off. Sooners -24.5?

Ths Big 12, SEC and ACC are showing what halfway competent leadership looks like, and they seem to be the only ones looking for ways to play rather than reasons to not play. I am skeptical that a season happens, but at least we have people trying.

They are just waiting to see what happens on their campuses and how that goes before making anything permanent, which was the smart thing to do anyways.

They are just waiting to see what happens on their campuses and how that goes before making anything permanent, which was the smart thing to do anyways.

True. At that point, they have some actual data to work with, not just guesswork. But at least they are confronting the issue and looking for a way to press on until the last minute, rather than throw in the towel early

True. At that point, they have some actual data to work with, not just guesswork. But at least they are confronting the issue and looking for a way to press on until the last minute, rather than throw in the towel early

Yes, which is what the other conferences should have done. I don't understand the rush with everything covid related. Lot of things done on emotion or no communication... When people have had months.

Yes, which is what the other conferences should have done. I don't understand the rush with everything covid related. Lot of things done on emotion or no communication... When people have had months.

its seems like BIG10 and PAC12 were taking every fall sport into consideration, while the other conferences are really just thinking about football. The money is in football obviously, but seems like BIG10 and Pac12 just weren't willing to take the bad optics of just playing football while scraping everything else .

When you throw everything in the mix, it does become a bit of a clusterfuck

I could be dead wrong on this

Because they are panicking. The first thing people do when they panic is throw away their plan and act emotionally

Think I saw Big10 commissioner said he would kick any team out of the conference if they played elsewhere this season. Which is hilarious. Would love to see him try to kick out Ohio State and/or Michigan. Talk about an irrelevant conference quickly.

i don't care about the quality of the games, players, or the success of the schools. just get a shitty product out there and play. if you need to get blue, beanie, and frank the tank together to make a fraternity in order to clear eligibility and suit up, that works. wheel eric legrand out there, i'm sure he'll be happy to play. just put some group of blunders out there in school colors that are willing to hit and sweat on each other and start the clock so live betting is available to beat up on.

i don't care about the quality of the games, players, or the success of the schools. just get a shitty product out there and play. if you need to get blue, beanie, and frank the tank together to make a fraternity in order to clear eligibility and suit up, that works. wheel eric legrand out there, i'm sure he'll be happy to play. just put some group of blunders out there in school colors that are willing to hit and sweat on each other and start the clock so live betting is available to beat up on.

There he is!!

There he is!!

hey bro...basically took a mental sports walkabout for the last few months, didn't even turn on espn once or read any articles. then got back to live betting a few weeks ago, but this nba/nhl/mlb is a joke. was expecting football to come save the day to get live betting back to some normalcy, but now it looks like it's going to be a continuous shitshow the rest of the year. nfl is ok, but without college, live betting $ is only a fraction of what it should be.

Best day in a long time. I can handle the virus with ease, no matter how long it lasts, if we have college football.

A big party tonight on the deck of one of the best joints at Tahoe. Just a bunch of people celebrating after they heard the news. Started out as a locals party, didn't take long for tourists to join in. Lot of Big 10 people there and they were drinking to forget

Several of the TV talking heads are reporting conference officials with the Big 12 and the SEC said, "this season will put us on a different level than the conferences that cancelled." I agree. Seeing conferences just give up somehow diminishes them in my eyes. I applaud the Big 10 schools that fought back and hope they refuse to buckle down.

This is going to be one of the best seasons ever. Oklahoma/Texas announced they will only sell 25,000 tickets to their game. I predict record prices.

hey bro...basically took a mental sports walkabout for the last few months, didn't even turn on espn once or read any articles. then got back to live betting a few weeks ago, but this nba/nhl/mlb is a joke. was expecting football to come save the day to get live betting back to some normalcy, but now it looks like it's going to be a continuous shitshow the rest of the year. nfl is ok, but without college, live betting $ is only a fraction of what it should be.

I couldn't agree with you more man. 100%. It's a mess capping right now for myself.

EfRT46MWkAIPADQ

Think I saw Big10 commissioner said he would kick any team out of the conference if they played elsewhere this season. Which is hilarious. Would love to see him try to kick out Ohio State and/or Michigan. Talk about an irrelevant conference quickly.
That is ridiculous. It seems to me, if they send you a conference schedule, you have to play it. If not, you have the option to fill the open dates with non-conference games, just like you to do for three games each season already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back