College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe that without a bubble for CFB, the cost of testing to ensure proper safety is going to be prohibitive for all but the really big programs. Some will be able to afford it for football but not for their other sports.

There are numerous doctors from around the country quoted in this article and they have serious concerns. Are they all tainted by political bias and misreporting their true beliefs? All of them??

Heart issue linked to virus drives Power 5 concern

its certainly a concern, but one that we’re already well equipped to deal with. As stated in the article, myocarditis can be caused by the flu, colds, really any virus. Testing is very effective and proper protocols are known. While I won’t say that sports reporters are rooting for sports to shut down, it is interesting that there so many more articles on why we shouldn’t play sports comparedto articles on how we can

its certainly a concern, but one that we’re already well equipped to deal with. As stated in the article, myocarditis can be caused by the flu, colds, really any virus. Testing is very effective and proper protocols are known. While I won’t say that sports reporters are rooting for sports to shut down, it is interesting that there so many more articles on why we shouldn’t play sports comparedto articles on how we can

Probably has to do with ESPN being the MSNBC of sports.

If I’m being truthful I need the entertainment and the countless bets that I am sure to lose every Saturday. The players should have the choice to play or sit out but there should be a season.

I like the honesty bro.

I want college football, but the teams and conferences have to figure out how to do it. If they could figure it out, I will be happy to have football. If they can't life goes on. I can't control player safety, I can't determine expenditures for protocols. I can't determine what level of liability is acceptable. So I will just react to the decisions that others control that I can not control. Hopefully some form of college football happens...if not, oh well, what can you do about it? Nothing.

Great post.

I love college football more than any sport, but I'm always health first. I take it to the extreme and advise everyone else to do the same. If it were more dangerous for kids to play football I'd say push it to spring or cancel it.

But there are two things I see that convince me it is NOT more dangerous. In fact, it is less dangerous.

One, I have yet to see a still photo or video where kids in that age group are wearing masks or practicing social distancing. Two, the only time any of these players will ever wear a mask or even think about the virus is in a controlled situation like practice where they are required to wear them. I think it's revealing that at Michigan and Oklahoma, where they say everyone wears a mask, even during practice, not a single case has appeared.

So far every report of numbers of players being infected that has included details has revealed they either were not wearing masks or social distancing--Oklahoma State is the perfect example because Gundy refused to have the players take any safety steps because it suits his political agenda--or the Rutgers type deal where they got it at a party

I see both sides, but, like Saban and so many other coaches say, players are safer practicing football than just hanging out.

Allowing crowds seems like too big a risk to me, although we'll know more after Sturgis concludes this week

Thanks for the great response.

You guys all have valid points.

Doooooont care. The big teams from the Big 10 will find a way to play this fall. Big 10 is cracking me up if they truly believe a spring season is possible - however, they are probably just saying that to try to keep fans calm and keep transfers from happening, etc

No foots is going to lead to no baskets. No baskets is taking a huge chunk out of the NCAA coffers.

And if you think Fields is going to be the only B1G player to bolt, you’re nuts. This could have MAJOR long-term ramifications for both of these conferences.
Oh no doubt

Any player with any aspirations from big or pac 12 that doesnt have a football team go independent should be looking to move

This might be end of them as major conferences

It’s not about East or West
It’s about power and money
******and bitches, Riders and Punks
Which side are you on?

Tupac, Bomb 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back