College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone guarantee right now that players w sickle cell trait or underlying health issues (obesity, hypertension, etc) are not at risk? That's the big question. Extremely intelligent kids in the pac 12 and B1G have raised this point and they are dictating matters now.

We are all just along for the ride.

you mean puppets. These guys (coincidentally all future nfl players) are driving this bus in the PAC 10, but someone put them up to it.

The same sickle cell and underlying health issues young men face this year were every bit as vulnerable last year as well.

What if some schools in the Big Ten still want to play? Maybe they could pull a Notre Dame and join another conference?

you mean puppets. These guys (coincidentally all future nfl players) are driving this bus in the PAC 10, but someone put them up to it.

The same sickle cell and underlying health issues young men face this year were every bit as vulnerable last year as well.

And the B1G and also UCF leading the charge in the AAC. it's a movement and it's gaining mo.

Shut it and enjoy your natty for another year lol.. If Michigan won it again in my life I could die a happy man, feeling my life had been fulfilled.
I’ve already started to think about your 1st sentence

B2B Champs or Eternal Champs has a nice ring

If every player who wants to play and is over 18 yrs old so he can sign his own waiver, is willing to sign a full release of liability to the university he plays for if there is a long term health issue that ties back to COVID 19, we can get this season started.

We're not even hitting in pads yet and it's august 10th !!!

If every player who wants to play and is over 18 yrs old so he can sign his own waiver, is willing to sign a full release of liability to the university he plays for if there is a long term health issue that ties back to COVID 19, we can get this season started.

We're not even hitting in pads yet and it's august 10th !!!

Do they sign waivers for head injuries and CTE?

I don't understand the liability thing. I'm not an attorney, but I would imagine for a university to be found liable for anything, they plaintiff would have to prove gross negligence on the part of the school. That's a pretty high bar to clear, unless the school is doing nothing. Having a player get it by going to a party or a bar and then giving it to teammates or coaches doesn't seem like it would be a liability issue, unless the school purposefully covered it up to keep the player or coach on the field

Honestly, I think they are less scared of liability than the social media mob.

Pat Forde on FTM this morn.
He says it's not gonna happen.
Forget spring ball, because March Madness is the NCAA cash cow.

Take it for what it's worth.

Dan Patrick says he was told B1G and Pac 12 are announcing they are cancelling tomorrow. Big 12 and ACC are on the fence. SEC is reaching out to schools to join the conference for one season. Outside of this season, I think there are going to be far-reaching changes to the current structure of the sport

Oye.

Maybe we will have to go without a season and look to get out more. Play golf, hunt, fish, hike. Something.

But dang that PGA was exciting yesterday. Went to a friends house and an AD was there and we had some good discussions about college sports.

The rest of the month is going to be very interesting. A lot of people depend of sports for a living.

I was indifferent about them playing 6 weeks ago and that hasn't changed. And it sucks that I have that apathy.

But there a lot of (Texas) fans that feel that way after the shit with the players several weeks back.
If we could have high school ball, but that's pie in sky.
Mojo and Allen have suspended season tickets bcuz they can't pick n choose seats due to capacity limitations. Someone would lose out. The fact they haven't stated there will be no tickets gives me hope.

If we could have high school ball, but that's pie in sky.
Mojo and Allen have suspended season tickets bcuz they can't pick n choose seats due to capacity limitations. Someone would lose out. The fact they haven't stated there will be no tickets gives me hope.

Yeah, the high schools will closed up shop before too long.

But, oh well, we should get the NFL this fall. And we'll get to know a 2nd anthem that the country has and also be told we shouldn't be vilified if we choose to stand for the real one.

Yay.

Big 12 and ACC are on the fence. SEC is reaching out to schools to join the conference for one season.

I like this idea of those conferences that don't want to play sitting out and the rest getting together and finding a logical way to play the season.

The SEC, the Big 12, the ACC, the AAC, the Mountain West, That's plenty of teams right there to have a season, fill up gaps in each other's schedules, and they can throw in the FBS power teams that want to play.

I'm happy to see the hundreds of thousands--probably half a million this year--bikers crowding into Sturgis this week. I heard one of them say they are happy to be guinea pigs and that's exactly what they are. And since they skew heavily to an older, not in the best shape, crowd they are even more valuable for test purposes. We will know all we need to know about any negative effects that occur with huge crowds coming together with no masks or social distancing.

Last edited:
Trevor Lawrence seems to be leading the players in the #WeWantToPlayMovement. It’s all ridiculous to me. It’s very likely a lot of players get it just from being on campus and being college kids. Football has nothing to do with it

Exactly. The 'it's going to spread' crew is so annoying. Do people seriously think that these kids are staying in a bubble?
With their teams, they have easily the best medical resources that one could ask for. Life couldn't be safer in college football...besides the actual issue, which is CTE.

These assholes in media and government appoint expert status to a pre-teen when they are talking about climate change or gun control, but when actual adults want to make a decision for themselves, it changes to "shut up and let the grownups handle this"

I see a silver lining. The Big 10 wimps out and cancels the season. Nebraska plays teams from the Big 12 and comes to their senses and comes back to the conference where they should be.

I know Oklahoma and Texas are leading the fight to have a season this year and would welcome Nebraska joining them

Just a dream, but I've got nothing else to hang onto

I see a silver lining. The Big 10 wimps out and cancels the season. Nebraska plays teams from the Big 12 and comes to their senses and comes back to the conference where they should be.

I know Oklahoma and Texas are leading the fight to have a season this year and would welcome Nebraska joining them

OK/NE home and home schedule for 2021-2022. Would be a nice bonus game though in 2020.

These assholes in media and government appoint expert status to a pre-teen when they are talking about climate change or gun control, but when actual adults want to make a decision for themselves, it changes to "shut up and let the grownups handle this"
Fantastic

They are having some fun with the B10 and champ shit all over the webs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back