Coaching hires and rumors

Doesn't Rutgers have a tradition of getting FL kids? Or was that just when Schiano was there? While Strong may not be pulling 4-5 stars from FL, the state is loaded with 3 star kids that don't get the UF/FSU/U/SEC offers that may take a look there

That is how Strong built Louisville. Kids played with a chip on their shoulder.

Heard it was a sleeping giant all the way back when Rutgers and them played a Thurs night game and both were top 10 I think.....
Seems long ago, and it didn't seem to happen

Matt Grothe...guy played out of his mind when i was against him and like complete dogshit when i was on him.

the money?

el oh el

like that matters.....that is like buying a USA Today for that crew

message boards saying that this is the reason we hasn't been able to money whip brewster away from jimbo. because charlie's contract is gonna be peanuts for the first couple years.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Georgia Southern: Sources tell FootballScoop Tyson Summers has now offered his offensive coordinator position to Georgia Tech quaterbacks / B-backs coach Bryan Cook. Summers is clearly looking to bring the triple back to Statesboro. We expect a decision on this later today.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Georgia Southern: Sources tell FootballScoop Tyson Summers has now offered his offensive coordinator position to Georgia Tech quaterbacks / B-backs coach Bryan Cook. Summers is clearly looking to bring the triple back to Statesboro. We expect a decision on this later today.

Two things are forever true with GA Southern.

1) You don't win right away - you're fired
2) You don't win and you mess with the traditional triple option - you will be fired, perhaps fired upon

I'm acyually somewhat surprised Summers survived his first year. I can't think of a coach that underperformed more than they did and yes that includes Texas, Tenn, Notre Dame, Oregon. GA Southern was even more disappointing because if they actually committed to option football like they have run forever they are likely conference champions. I know they canned both guys involved with the offense and now looks like they aren't gonna mess around. I'm so thankful - I don't know what they return next year but I missed one of my fav ATS teams this season

[FONT=&quot]New Baylor football coach Matt Rhule has tabbed a prominent Texas high school football coach to join the program.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rhule has hired San Antonio Reagan coach David Wetzel to join the Bears, North East ISD confirmed on Friday morning. Wetzel, a Baylor alumnus, is the current president of the Texas High School Coaches Association.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wetzel is not expected to be an assistant coach but will serve in another capacity, such as player development. Wetzel played for Baylor in 1990 and 1991.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wetzel has been coaching the San Antonio Reagan since 2004. Current Texas A&M quarterback Trevor Knight and one of A&M's 2017 quarterback commits, Kellen Mond, played at Reagan under Wetzel. Mond transferred to Florida's IMG Academy for his senior year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wetzel provides Rhule with an immediate sense of familiarity of the Texas football landscape. Wetzel, one of the longest tenured head coaches in the San Antonio, also previously coached in the Killeen area, which is an hour south of Baylor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During his introduction at Baylor on Wednesday, Rhule repeatedly mentioned Texas high school football coaches, people that will ultimately aid him in recruiting the state's players. Stafford defensive back Jalen Pitre is the only committed player in Baylor's 2017 signing class[/FONT]

I think Major was prob the last guy mentioned on their coaching list I would have chosen but I'll give hi the benefit of the doubt

if charlie is a DC anywhere, he should go to notre dame.

That would def be a better career move for him. I personally hope he goes to Orego because I want to see Willie do well - I dont want to see him go to ND because I am not a Kelly fan and dont want him to do well

has to. can't imagine he sticks around UH after he lost out to major.

maybe some school offers him a HC position, but besides that he's gotta go to the 40 acres

Two things are forever true with GA Southern.

1) You don't win right away - you're fired
2) You don't win and you mess with the traditional triple option - you will be fired, perhaps fired upon

I'm acyually somewhat surprised Summers survived his first year. I can't think of a coach that underperformed more than they did and yes that includes Texas, Tenn, Notre Dame, Oregon. GA Southern was even more disappointing because if they actually committed to option football like they have run forever they are likely conference champions. I know they canned both guys involved with the offense and now looks like they aren't gonna mess around. I'm so thankful - I don't know what they return next year but I missed one of my fav ATS teams this season
lol

love this post

what is the history there? I really only knew about the program since a few years back.......and I love Fritz now obv

Born in Pittsburgh. Coached at Penn and UConn but not likely he's at top of list. My personal opinion of him as a DC is he is a top 5-10 coach but don't know enough about him personality, temperament, goals etc to comfortably forecast how he will do as a HC at a place like temple. Not an easy job

lol

love this post

what is the history there? I really only knew about the program since a few years back.......and I love Fritz now obv

The Georgia Southern Eagles represent Georgia Southern University in football as part of the Sun Belt Conferenceunder head coach Tyson Summers. The Eagles have won six FCS (I-AA) national championships and have produced two Walter Payton Award winners. The Eagles first continuously fielded a football team in 1924; however, play was suspended for World War II and revived in 1981. The Eagles competed as an FCS independent from 1984 until 1991 as the Eagles' main conference at the time, the Trans America Athletic Conference (now known as the Atlantic Sun Conference), did not sponsor football, and as a member of the Southern Conference from 1992 until 2013, winning 10 SoCon championships. Georgia Southern joined the Sun Belt Conference upon transitioning to the FBS level in 2014. The Eagles won the Sun Belt Conference championship outright in its first year as an FBS member.

Long story short, recently brought up to FBS but are one of most dominant FCS teams in history - every single successful team running the option.

Charlie gets a lotta love for "being a good guy" lol

with rape u going on at waco, this is bound to happen. dude doesn't fuck around with the core values thing.

he kicked two kids off the team at ut after they got arrested for sexual assault. they got found not guilty. charlie did not give a single fuck.

I keep hearing Kiffin to USF, but this would seem to be an issue for him there:

While Lane Kiffin remains a candidate at South Florida, he may not have an endorsement from a member of the current staff.
David Reaves is the Bulls' associate head coach/tight ends coach. Reaves is also Kiffin's soon-to-be-former brother-in-law. Kiffin's wife, Layla, filed for divorce in March citing "irreconcilable differences."
One source close to the South Florida search told CBS Sports "that well has been poisoned" in regards to Kiffin's candidacy at South Florida.

he
wouldnt take a raise and work with his boy?

Not if Nick wants him to stay. He'll get the raise regardless I think

Yeah CK, rumor is that Sark fell off the wagon and is still battling recovery. Saban isn't going to allow him to be a distraction

That is crazy about sark. Hope he gets it together.

I would imagine Orlando prob is on a plane to Austin now and not coaching bowl. Sucks big time for me too from a betting standpoint because sdsu/Houston under was best total of whole card but with him gone, who knows..?

holy jesus on sark. he's obv completely fucked up. right on the kiffin track of rehabilitation and throws it right down the shitter.

Back