Coaching Carousel Thread -- Updated

I've been expecting all year Snyder would step down. Littrell would be a good hire. Young guy who has shown he can be a head coach, knows the Big 12 very well and knows the recruiting areal well. I don't see anyone winning in the long run at Kansas State--no one else has ever done it but Snyder--butg maybe littrell can do it.

I guess I underestimated Kingsbury. Lots of reports he will get OC offers from NFL which is why he hasn't signed with USC yet. He never did seem to understand what the job of head coach entails, but lots of people seem to feel he can be a good OC.

The story I hear about Auburn is that Malzahn has been told if he wants to keep his job he has to reduce the buyout amount on his contract.

If he does that he will be allowed to continue to coach.

If he were my client I would tell him. "don't even think of reducing that buyout." He cant trust Auburn. They may turn around and fire him an hour later. No coach can trust Auburn for an instant.

Auburn is the worst coaching job in the country. One of the hardest schedules in the country every year, playing in the hardest division of the hardest conference, they will never even be the best program within their own state no matter who is coach, but fans will revolt if they lose even one game.

Their division just got harder with Jimbo arriving at aTm, but if by chance you do get through the schedule undefeated you always get to play Georgia and Alabama the last two games. Even if you beat them both as Auburn did last year you still get no credit. If you go undefeated and beat both those teams and lose the the national title by one point in OT most of the fans and all the suits at the university want you fired.

There's only one strategy to use at Auburn if you are a coach. Hold them up for the biggest contract you can get and be prepared for some of the regents to start trying to fire you the day after the first game you coach.

Hold them to the contract, Gus. They will fire you no matter what so take the money and get a job at a university where people are sane.

While I agree with you that Gus should not reduce the buy out, your statement that the auburn job is the worst in the nation is asinine IMO. Rather odd that you say he got no credit for beating GA and AL last year when in fact that's what got him a monster raise and extension. Although in fairness I think that the Arkansas pursuit of him was the primary factor. While it is also true that Auburn leadership acts like a deranged crackhead whore and we do play in the toughest division in the country, I'm not sure a 12-10 road record, 3-5 neutral, 1-4 bowl and 14-16 v top 25 (coming into this season) warrants his salary. In fact, I know it doesn't. All Auburn fans don't expect the moon, but we don't want to pay top shelf liquor prices and get Jim beam either. Personally I wanted him to go dine at a Waffle House in another state years ago.

I guess I underestimated Kingsbury. Lots of reports he will get OC offers from NFL which is why he hasn't signed with USC yet. He never did seem to understand what the job of head coach entails, but lots of people seem to feel he can be a good OC.

Seems like he was a bit overwhelmed as HC. Witness the multiple failed attempts to get his defense right. But give him focus on offensive responsibilities only and history has proven that he's really good at it. I don't see that changing.

Last edited:
While I agree with you that Gus should not reduce the buy out, your statement that the auburn job is the worst in the nation is asinine IMO. Rather odd that you say he got no credit for beating GA and AL last year when in fact that's what got him a monster raise and extension. Although in fairness I think that the Arkansas pursuit of him was the primary factor. While it is also true that Auburn leadership acts like a deranged crackhead whore and we do play in the toughest division in the country, I'm not sure a 12-10 road record, 3-5 neutral, 1-4 bowl and 14-16 v top 25 (coming into this season) warrants his salary. In fact, I know it doesn't. All Auburn fans don't expect the moon, but we don't want to pay top shelf liquor prices and get Jim beam either. Personally I wanted him to go dine at a Waffle House in another state years ago.

Just wanted to say that your avatar is quite disturbing.

Seems like he was a bit overwhelmed as HC. Witness the multiple failed attempts to get his defense right. But give him focus on offensive responsibilities only and history has proven that he's really good at it. I don't see that changing.

Lincoln Riley seems to have done just fine without any regards to defense. I wonder if you switched Riley and Kingsbury if the results at both places would be any different.

While I agree with you that Gus should not reduce the buy out, your statement that the auburn job is the worst in the nation is asinine IMO..
And to respond to another point (Auburn can't hope to compete with Bama, and Auburn fans unrealistically expect them to do so), I would point out that AU is 19-18 SU against Bama going back to 1982.

A couple local hacks down here were 'reporting' it. No one else nationally has. So there's that. Seems like CU good find someone with a little more sizzle?

The problem really is that we are not a football school anymore. It's not the job George portrays it to be. Even though whoever takes the job will be living in an amazing city.

A couple local hacks down here were 'reporting' it. No one else nationally has. So there's that. Seems like CU good find someone with a little more sizzle?

Looks like it's being reported here too.

OK... well we got a defensive guy and I'm good with that - younger and better than Leavitt. Now we need a DC and an OC - Lake and Day????

The problem really is that we are not a football school anymore. It's not the job George portrays it to be. Even though whoever takes the job will be living in an amazing city.

Yeah. Really thought it was gonna stick as a national power after McCartney. Keep waiting for it to get back. Folsom Field is one of the great settings in football.

UC Boulder has the problem that it is not only no longer a football school but it really hasn't become the basketball school I expected either when they joined the Pac12. Conference hoops outside of AZ and kinda UCLA was ripe for the taking. Most schools don't have the resources to go all in on both but CU hasn't seemed to do either. It's sitting right there for basketball. Maybe in another decade or so we can talk about UC and Utah dominating the new it sport in NCAA...snowboarding!

Last edited:
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Greg Robinson is no longer being considered for North Carolina’s defensive coordinator position, multiple sources confirmed to Inside Carolina on Friday.

Sources have confirmed to IC that Robinson is no longer in consideration for the defensive coordinator position. Another source confirmed the ESPN report, indicating that an interview had occurred but that an agreement had not been reached.

He has never been a head coach and hasn't even always been successful as a coordinator. I think the Colorado job is a pretty decent one and they should have looked at guys like Satterfield and Babers.

I could see either of those guys doing well here, but I'm not sure if Colorado is a decent job. It's a great place to live and if we are winning it could bring in fan support, but so many people here are doing other outdoor activities during football season. He sucked with the bears but I'm hoping that was due more to old bad players. lol

The Lousiville side of this has been comical and fascinating to watch. From day 1 Brohm let Bobo know he would meet with Lousiville in person either way. Tomorrow we find out what the decision is but more than likely today’s meeting was more of a save face and let ‘Ville continue to control flow of information as they let down the fans as easy as possible down there. I think Satterfield has already been in contact and is my guess for the new UL coach.

Looks like I should've been betting on this coaching search. Confirmed Satterfield to 'Ville

I'm just wondering whether losing Elliott would be a plus, a minus, or no change for Clemson. We thought losing Chad could really hurt us, but ScElliott did a great job in their first game (40-6 win over Oklahoma) and have done a better job than Morris of not getting away from the run unnecessarily. Who knows what Scott could do on his own or with a new co-OC?

Yeah, he's back great guy! The OSU coaching lore lives on only Urban is the first one not to be fired in 70 years(ish).

This was agreed upon in september i bet, step down at end of the year, so he doesnt have the 'stain' of being fired and the university saves money

Hes gonna have a miraculous recovery and be back within 3 years

Im kinda shocked he didnt fake fall down on the sideline though

Latest rumor has UNC going after Bob Shoop for DC which would be a great hire in my opinion. Just a rumor at this point, but have to admit it would be hard to argue with this one if they can make it happen.

Unbelievable. Why would Maryland hire this guy? The one thing he has proved in his career is he is a total flop as a head coach.

He took over from Rocky Long at New Mexico and was a complete and total failure. 2-26 as a head coach, probably the worst record of any head coach in history.

Everyone agrees he is a good recruiter, but it amazes me that a school will hire a guy who has already proven he is not head coach material to replace an interim coach who proved he IS a head coach.

What next, Mike Stoops gets another head coaching job?

New Mexico is a crappy job, but it was borderline criminal what he did there. Forget just the record. He punched an assistant coach, JB Gerald. There were sexual harassment allegations in the football office during his tenure. They ranked last in the MW each year in recruiting ranks while he was there.

In his introductory press conference he said they needed to put a third digit on the scoreboard or the offense. They scored more than 30 points 2x in his 28 games.

Did an amazing job at Alabama, no one can argue that, but as far as a guy that clean up that toxic situation, good luck Maryland.

Unbelievable. Why would Maryland hire this guy? The one thing he has proved in his career is he is a total flop as a head coach.

He took over from Rocky Long at New Mexico and was a complete and total failure. 2-26 as a head coach, probably the worst record of any head coach in history.
And it wasn't just the record. There was all that other stuff like the sexual harassment and punching out an assistant.

This was agreed upon in september i bet, step down at end of the year, so he doesnt have the 'stain' of being fired and the university saves money

Hes gonna have a miraculous recovery and be back within 3 years

Im kinda shocked he didnt fake fall down on
the sideline though

He did something pretty close to that in the game against Maryland, didn't he? Maybe even he thought a fake fall would be over the top?

1544056081989.png

1544056175343.png

Last edited:
There's a Ven Diagram regarding your soul and being a coach

This guy has lost his soul and has real health issues to deal with

Enjoy the highs, expect the lows, if you can go away gracefully, say thank you

Back