Coaching Carousel Thread -- Updated

I'm not sold on Wells. Ags were pretty good this year but I wouldn't hire him on this year alone. I have no clue who would want that CU job. McIntyre inherited a shit show, I know they imploded this year but he probably deserved on more year.

The wrong hire will make CU the OSU of the Pac 12 south.

Bohl was going to be my other suggestion than Wells. Both can recruit, Wyoming still has an incredible defense for that conference and years of success at NDSU tell me he can recruit less fertile grounds. Wyoming had virtually nothing on offense last year other than Allen, can't put much on him for that.

I do think Wells is innovative offensively and not a fair comparison to McIntyre, he now has inroads in the mountains and offensive minded players should want to play for him. That's the world we live in.

Side note, I really think CU would be the perfect P5 program to reintroduce the triple option. It's selfish, but I just want to see how it would stack up in the P12

WHAT THAT FUCK

Someone explain this to me......I KNOW he USED to coach there........what in the entire fuck lol

why?
Twink do you read the thread before you post? Many have chimed in already on what they believe the entire fuck to be

UNC’s Board of Trustees will hold an emergency teleconference call at 8 a.m. tomorrow. A press conference to announce Mack Brown as the new head coach is expected tomorrow as well

Sorry to disappoint all the conspiracy theorists out there but it’s simply a formality...

State-supported universities in North Carolina require that the Board of Trustees approve personnel contracts of this nature. The same would occur if the university is about to hire a new Chancellor or Provost. Can't hold a press conference introducing a new coach until the contract has been approved by the BOT. :complaining:

2nd game for UNC in 1988 they hosted Oklahoma. It was Macks first year there. The heels lost 28-0 But I could see right away that his team was playing hard and you could see they were disciplined. I learned that day that he was OC at OU for one season (84) which was two years before I became a sooner fan. I started to root for him until he became the Texas coach. I will root for him again. Good coach. Good guy.

UNC has released full contract details for new head coach Mack Brown:

It's a five-year deal worth $3.5 million per year. His base salary is $750,000 with supplemental compensation of $2 million. His Nike contract is $200,000 per year and his Learfield contract is $500,000 per year. Expense allotment is $50,000.

Army DC Jay Bateman is another strong candidate for the DC job and rumor has it that Satterfield was contacted about the OC position, but you never know what is and isn't true with all the rumors swirling around.

Army DC Jay Bateman is another strong candidate for the DC job and rumor has it that Satterfield was contacted about the OC position, but you never know what is and isn't true with all the rumors swirling around.

I can't see Satterfield taking a step back and going to UNC to be a coordinator but you never know.

I can't see Satterfield taking a step back and going to UNC to be a coordinator but you never know.

Yeah, on the surface, it wouldn't make sense unless there was an agreement in place for a head coach in waiting type thing (I hate that term but you know what I mean), but even in that scenario I am not sure Satterfield would be on board, although given his family ties to this region, it might make sense to him, who knows.

If Kingsbury went down a conference, even to AAC, he would crush. USF would be a better team with him as HC. Otherwise he needs to coordinate in a good situation, like UNC. they could have clemsonish potential.

OT

Steve Sarkisian still has job with Falcons. He is a cancer and just killed another team

This will only be successful if Mack is just a figurehead and he hires big time coordinators and gets out of the way. If he does that they can win big in that trainwreck of a conference.

You never know, as Mack could end up being a CEO type of coach with a major focus on repairing the relationships across the board, who knows. I mean, he does have a gift when it comes to everything from recruiting to engaging the fan base, donors, media, local community, hs coaches, etc. Only time will tell...

Starting to hear increasing chatter that Malzahn is close to being let go. Could be just the usual stuff from AU that happens almost every year, but definitely worth keeping an eye on

Nice press conference from Mack earlier today as he completely knocked it out of the park in my opinion. Definitely a great first step in this journey.

Mack is a home run for N C. Exactly what they need. He's a pro and understands how to get everyone in step and working together. No reason he can't produce a winner there, but I don't see him being able to challenge Clemson.

Dabo is as good a head coach as anyone outside Tuscaloosa and a GREAT recruiter and Venables is the best DC in the country and a GREAT recruiter (the decline of defense at Oklahoma is directly proportional to the sudden influx of talent to Clemson. The minute he left Oklahoma they stopped getting the talent and Clemson started getting the five-stars).

But Florida State is years away from ever regaining their former status, so except for Clemson Mack will have NC competitive with everyone else in the conference.

several assistants not returning to USC including OC tee martin and d-line coach Kenechi Udeze. i know they are not the HC but there are wholesale changes going on there

Should be a fun season next year with the opener at BofA in Charlotte against the Gamecocks and home games against App, Clemson and Miami on the schedule. Will probably be attending at least 2 or 3 out of those 4 games next year.

Mack is a home run for N C. Exactly what they need. He's a pro and understands how to get everyone in step and working together. No reason he can't produce a winner there, but I don't see him being able to challenge Clemson.

Dabo is as good a head coach as anyone outside Tuscaloosa and a GREAT recruiter and Venables is the best DC in the country and a GREAT recruiter (the decline of defense at Oklahoma is directly proportional to the sudden influx of talent to Clemson. The minute he left Oklahoma they stopped getting the talent and Clemson started getting the five-stars).

But Florida State is years away from ever regaining their former status, so except for Clemson Mack will have NC competitive with everyone else in the conference.
UNC should probably concentrate on trying to win the ACC coastal division before worrying about anything Clemson and Florida State does.

Last edited:
I will now attempt to defend UNC’s Mack Brown re-hire. Let’s see if I can pull it off!
Instead of hiring the next Mack Brown, North Carolina just elected to hire the old one again.
By Bill Connelly@SBN_BillC Nov 27, 2018, 9:18am EST

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/27/18112669/mack-brown-north-carolina-head-coach
I agree with most of this article and I don't see an aging Brown changing the toughness of the UNC team, which is one of their problems. His later teams at Texas were also considered soft, lacked heart, fight, ect.

Brohm met with Louisville today.

The Lousiville side of this has been comical and fascinating to watch. From day 1 Brohm let Bobo know he would meet with Lousiville in person either way. Tomorrow we find out what the decision is but more than likely today’s meeting was more of a save face and let ‘Ville continue to control flow of information as they let down the fans as easy as possible down there. I think Satterfield has already been in contact and is my guess for the new UL coach.

The Lousiville side of this has been comical and fascinating to watch. From day 1 Brohm let Bobo know he would meet with Lousiville in person either way. Tomorrow we find out what the decision is but more than likely today’s meeting was more of a save face and let ‘Ville continue to control flow of information as they let down the fans as easy as possible down there. I think Satterfield has already been in contact and is my guess for the new UL coach.
:shake:

I agree with most of this article and I don't see an aging Brown changing the toughness of the UNC team, which is one of their problems. His later teams at Texas were also considered soft, lacked heart, fight, ect.

Agree HHM. If Mack does not surround himself with sharp coordination, he will have little success. BillC seems dubious that King will join UNC.

Should be a fun season next year with the opener at BofA in Charlotte against the Gamecocks and home games against App, Clemson and Miami on the schedule. Will probably be attending at least 2 or 3 out of those 4 games next year.
This is why I'm so glad to see Fedora go. He repeatedly blew off these OOC openers to the detriment of the conference. I want UNC to smoke Lower Carolina next year.

It will be interesting to see how Brohm does. He did well at WKU but meh at Purdue. He's "home" though and will probably be happy there.

From 247, Wiltfong

RUMOR: BROHM STILL IN WEST LAFAYETTE (11/28: 8:42 A.M. CT)

247Sports Take:

A source tells Steve Wiltfong that Jeff Brohm is still in West Lafayette as of this timestamp; recruiting plans had Brohm slated to be in Chicago on Wednesday. Purdue co-OC/QBs coach Brian Brohm was in Chicago on Tuesday, the same day Jeff met with Louisville athletics director Vince Tyra about the Cardinals' opening.

All indications are that a decision on Brohm's behalf could come Wednesday, and multiple sources say he's torn.

Back