Chiefs vs. Ravens Discussion Thread

Ravens have a defense and LBs. Feel like any defense with healthy bodies is going to make Chiefs beat you with their WRs. Doubt Balty gets run over.

That said I’m not going against a 9ers Chiefs rematch. No way.

Still in a postgame haze but this is a really interesting cap.

Can KC stop the run? Will Mark Andrews return?

If the Chiefs get a lead, can the Ravens pass their way back into it. 30+ attempts seems to be the games (minus SF) where Balt was in the most trouble.

Some places dipped to 2.5 briefly. Others I saw 3.5. I have a rooting interest obv but no real initial feel. I think 3 is the right number.

Chiefs 1/5 on first down vs Buffalo.

3/12 vs Bengals in a must win before that.

6/15 vs Miami last week.

5/16 vs Raiders.

Betting against Mahomes in the playoffs is like betting against Brady. You just don’t do it. Maybe when they’re a big favorite, but as an underdog …no way.
Was this the first time they've been a dog?

Might have to go emkee style here

Ravens ML 1st blush tie it to something somehow

Like cap said 3 is the number…books may fuxk around and -115 it but no way this moves properly right?

Total is more of interest and TT

Ravens are the only team that can beat the 9ers but they’ll lose to KC and KC will lose to SF in the Super Bowl.

Be curious about KC's defensive injuries. Think at least 3 guys went off that didn't look good and I know at least one didn't come back

Be curious about KC's defensive injuries. Think at least 3 guys went off that didn't look good and I know at least one didn't come back

Mike Edwards went out on play 2 with a concussion. He should be good to go. Willie G_ay re-aggravated a neck injury. Def one to watch. Trent McDuffie went out but came back in.

Biggest injury was Joe Thuney. All Pro LG has a pec injury. MRI tomorrow. Nick Allegrettti is the backup but is steady and has experience.

Last edited:
Haha at the Willie Y.A.G.

Chiefs got a no name D kinda going going on
Kinda why they here right?

Reactions: KJ
Haha at the Willie Y.A.G.

Chiefs got a no name D kinda going going on
Kinda why they here right?
That defense has been stout all season, probably the best defense they've had during this run although Chris Jones is a pretty big name

Long range forecast calls for temps in the upper 40's with chance of light rain.

Agree with Mahomes in the playoffs is a no-brainer for me. Just bet KC +4 -130.

Hate getting beat by a half...

Mike Edwards went out on play 2 with a concussion. He should be good to go. Willie G_ay re-aggravated a neck injury. Def one to watch. Trent McDuffie went out but came back in.

Biggest injury was Joe Thuney. All Pro LG has a pec injury. MRI tomorrow. Nick Allegrettti is the backup but is steady and has experience.
Thuney pec injury doesn't sound good. Hoping for just a strain and maybe he can tough it out. Also need Willie as the Lamar spy.

A few of KC losses this season were directly attributable to WR drops. They cleaned that up pretty well yesterday (although the fumble by MH was bad). If they continue to catch the ball they will be a very tough out. I expect another close game so points are attractive here. Should be a fun watch.

When I saw the hook added onto the 3 = auto hit KC, just like the Books knew I would I guess. Also took Over 44. It all sure feels square though

I don’t recall if we have any Ravens fans here but I’ll be in attendance if anyone wants to grab a pregame beverage or several

Curious what ticket prices are going for in Baltimore?

It’s nuts right now. I have a tried and true method of showing up without a ticket and waiting for people to panic sell in the final hour. It’s been a winner the last several years. I hate sitting on my phone waiting but the upper level is going for 5/600 right now. Lower level like $900/1000. 2pm eastern on Sunday those people are not missing out on selling the tickets. I’ll bite when lowers get to about 3/400

It’s nuts right now. I have a tried and true method of showing up without a ticket and waiting for people to panic sell in the final hour. It’s been a winner the last several years. I hate sitting on my phone waiting but the upper level is going for 5/600 right now. Lower level like $900/1000. 2pm eastern on Sunday those people are not missing out on selling the tickets. I’ll bite when lowers get to about 3/400
I paid $1400 for 2nd level endzone seats at Sofi for the NFC Championship vs SF in 2021-22. I still can’t believe I paid that. Very enjoyable celebration when they won it at home.
Do you have thoughts on this one yet?

I enjoy this if I'm ok with the hustle, sometimes the older I've gotten the less I want to put in the effort but that always used to be the play. Last time I did the deed was the MNF game at Arrowhead when KC completely dismantled Brady, 2014 I believe. Ended up with a pair for $90 lower 35 yard line about 20 minutes before so was worth it but kind of at the expense of enjoying the tailgate with a bunch of people since I was checking the phone every 5 minutes.

I paid $1400 for 2nd level endzone seats at Sofi for the NFC Championship vs SF in 2021-22. I still can’t believe I paid that. Very enjoyable celebration when they won it at home.
Do you have thoughts on this one yet?

Baltimore is prob the most complete (or close to) team the Chiefs have played in the Mahomes era (SB vs SF maybe. Maybe Eagles last year). DVOA has them as a top 5 team of this century.

I just don’t know how anyone can say unequivocally that one side is the right side here. I feel like a case can be made for both teams.

This may be a game to get involved with live once the teams have felt each other out.

The Bills game played out the way I kind of thought in that Kc’s offense would not have issues. I could see a first half of trading blows and a second half of bend but don’t break from both teams. Chiefs second half defense has been insane and Andy gets a little tight with the play calling late in these games.

Being in attendance with a rooting interest I cannot in good conscience take Baltimore. But if they win I won’t be surprised. I also won’t be surprised if Mahomes and Kelce give us one more show before 87 might hang it up.

This has the makings of a great football game.

Baltimore is prob the most complete (or close to) team the Chiefs have played in the Mahomes era (SB vs SF maybe. Maybe Eagles last year). DVOA has them as a top 5 team of this century.

I just don’t know how anyone can say unequivocally that one side is the right side here. I feel like a case can be made for both teams.

This may be a game to get involved with live once the teams have felt each other out.

The Bills game played out the way I kind of thought in that Kc’s offense would not have issues. I could see a first half of trading blows and a second half of bend but don’t break from both teams. Chiefs second half defense has been insane and Andy gets a little tight with the play calling late in these games.

Being in attendance with a rooting interest I cannot in good conscience take Baltimore. But if they win I won’t be surprised. I also won’t be surprised if Mahomes and Kelce give us one more show before 87 might hang it up.

This has the makings of a great football game.

Where is the list of the other four top 5 teams of the century, DVOA-wise?

Rushing yards by the QB's on this list.

1991 Wash: Mark Rypen-6 yards WSB
1992 Dall: Troy Aikman-105 yards WSB
1996 GBay: Brett Favre-136 yards WSB
1997 GBay: Brett Favre-187 yards LSB
1989 SFran: Joe Montana-227 yards WSB
1985 Chi: Jim McMahon-252 yards WSB
1994 SFran: Steve Young-293 yards WSB
2020 Buff: Josh Allen-421 yards LCFinal
2023: Balt: Lamar Jackson-821 yards ?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the hook added onto the 3 = auto hit KC, just like the Books knew I would I guess. Also took Over 44. It all sure feels square though
Cancelled my Chiefs bet with the local.

I am all in on a Ravens win and went at it this way instead of Ravens ML or spread:
Ravens TT Over 24.5 +109 (now seeing +100)
Ravens vs SF SB +210
Ravens win SB +190 (had it b4 this week, but saw same odds this week)
Ravens beat SF in SB +290
Gus Edwards Over 41.5 rushing yds -127
Noah Gray Over 9.5 receiving yds -117

Last edited:
I was on KC against Cincy, Miami, and last week. Loved them in each spot.

Not sure about this one. They’ve really struggled vs any defense with a pulse. Couldn’t even move the ball vs the Raiders a month ago. Drops weren’t the problem there. I think the bye week they got was huge for Kelce and Pat. But I don’t see Kelce running free this week as last week he was playing against all backup LBs. Chiefs best weapon to me was always JET types out of the backfield.

Hard to trust playoff Lamar, though. His second half was great last week but if any regular game the possessions he had in the first half would have been all of the chances he would have gotten.

Cancelled my Chiefs bet with the local.

I am all in on a Ravens win and went at it this way instead of Ravens ML or spread:
Ravens TT Over 24.5 +109 (now seeing +100)
Ravens vs SF SB +210
Ravens win SB +190 (had it b4 this week, but saw same odds this week)
Ravens beat SF in SB +290
Gus Edwards Over 41.5 rushing yds -127
I see doing something similar and adding a Gus TD

Pretty funny that there is a thread that's gone on all season where for the most part it's been consensus SF/Balt for the SB yet when the week of the matchups come to fruition people want to go crazy and get cute, like those other options weren't available all season long to think about. Said it before the playoffs that the Ravens will have to try hard to not represent the AFC in the SB and was pretty close to saying that about SF. Ravens are one of the best teams I've seen in a long time and that DVOA stat shows just how great they've actually been. I'm sold.

Back