CFL Syndicate 2023

I can’t find this CFL+ app for my smart tv

“GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!!!”
I don't think they have an app yet...its in development. For now you have to go to the site and watch there. I just did it on my laptop and ran an hdmi to my tv

Well, that destination was announced Friday, and it’s a league-run “CFL+” streaming service. The service will be free (requiring just a verified email address), and will be available in the U.S. and around the world, but it will only be available on desktop and mobile devices rather than smart TVs or connected-TV devices (for now).

This is terrible for American CFL fans
I agree its a hassle. Hopefully only for a year until the league can find another network to buy the rights.

CFL was in a bind. ESPN was only paying $200k to broadcast every game and doing nothing to promote it. The CFL wanted more and ESPN said no. CBS stepped up and offered a million but for only 34 games. So they took the money and came up with this streaming idea to cover the rest until they can find another partner.

Well, that destination was announced Friday, and it’s a league-run “CFL+” streaming service. The service will be free (requiring just a verified email address), and will be available in the U.S. and around the world, but it will only be available on desktop and mobile devices rather than smart TVs or connected-TV devices (for now).
Can you download tsn+ in the states?

It's free for now and has every game, you could vpn and do it if it wont allow american ip

My guess is they dont charging until next hockey season

Interesting history this week.

Calgary as Home chalk the last 28 games 6-22 ATS.

Bombers since 2016 and in weeks 1-9 are 16-1 as home chalk SU. in those games 11-6 ATS

Alouettes are terrible as home chalk. 1-5 ATS and that lone cover was 2017 when the Argo's couldnt beat a high school team.

Elks 7-18 ATS as home chalk last 25 but I kinda like them this week because i have +2.5. They do win home games as favorites but have lost a ton of home games since 2019.

The lack of parody has had me in the red the last few seasons but I hope this season has some changes in store for us.

I have made money fading Calgary but Foolishly fading Winnipeg has taken those profits away.

Id like to Sask, Ottawa, Edmonton all level things out. That makes for a winning season the way i like to pick my spots. Elite teams wack my bank and i need to discover who qualifies and omit those plays.

I was considering taking Hamilton when they hit +6 but I can’t do it.

I like betting continuity vs non-continuity. Winnipeg has it but the cats dont. 13 of the 24 listed starters weren’t with the team LY. They will be good but it’s goi f to take a few games.

Just because JVA had a good day doesn’t mean I trust him. Are the dogs back? Hope so
You're right...he looked superb to start but came back to earth for the rest of the game and Calgary got no pressure whatsoever. Lets see him perform that way vs a really good defence before we crown him.

Rolling and trolling tonight on Ottawa +2.5. I found a few data queries that support them and even with Arbuckle I am fading Montreal. Middle of the pack favorite so I have that on my side. Its a gamble.

Montreal is 9-24 ATS when a small dog of +1.5 or less or a home favorites since 2014. Montreal is 12-13 SU as home chalk.

Add all this up:
Week 1 dogs do well
Montreal as home chalk sucks
Montreal has a bye then next at Hamilton.
favorites this week at dogs next game is a terrible situation for non-elite teams.

Bad news: I am betting on Ottawa which is the gamble.

welp so far still in a CFL rut.

Even though the past has been good I have to pump the brakes and slow it down a bit. Things might change but it seems the books are on to us CFL Dog guys.

Week 2 has this and I will be playing it but I expected my bankroll to be in the drivers seat of making money but that hasnt happened. Until it does CFL will be secondary in my bankroll budget.

any team after a dog win and favored in the current week and again dogs in the following week (BC has W.Peg on deck ) 18-53 ATS situation. Havent seems the Elksimoes play yet but week 2 has BC in a terrible spot. CAN VAJ cover 2 in a row and him laying points?
play Edmonton week 2.

WPG pass until further notice

Pass on Calgary they are 3x favorites in the first 3 weeks. How good are they ? 3-18 ATS as home chalk and that will be in play again in week 3. One of the things that has been guaranteed in the recent past but heading forward wont keep this pace. I remember back in the day it was Hamilton that was fade material as favorites.

Play Hamilton: Home favorites off a bye in the early week do 1-9 ats

H and F and rest>6 and op:L and week<4

One thing to be considered in week 2 is that every game has a rest disparity. These things don't matter as much in the early season but still worth thinking about.

Calgary on 7 days @ Ottawa on 5 days
Winnipeg 7d @ Sask 5d
Edmonton 6d @ BC 9d
Hamilton 9d @ Toronto off bye

The most significant seems to be Edmonton at BC since the elkies not only have a short week but have to travel as well.

I kinda like the Elks on paper because I am not sure of VAJ as chalk. He has to win the game. Fade away lol.

I do better on womans baskets than CFL.

I'm going to join you and buy back half my bet on Sask +4. Its insane how much this line has moved. No way the Elks deserve to be favoured by more than 3

there is a huge scoring prob in the CFL and until the games have scoring the dogs are going to have a difficult time.

On the other hand until things change the unders are still in play

Hulu's Results after week 1...

Sides 2-3 -0.225*
Totals 0-1 -1.10*
Props 1-1 -0.025*
Live 0-1 -0.575

Overall 3-6 -1.925*

3-4 in week 1 and a Sask goal line stand away from being 5-2. Must do better next week.

eta forgot to note the live bet loss. Corrected now.

Last edited:
interesting query for Home favorite teams laying -4 or more that won in week1 and their opponent lost. 0-7 ATS.

Now I see above that Hulu likes BC. I am not targeting your play it just came up as I searched for a reversal option of week 1 winners and losers.

I also note that away chalk are very good bets in general. It makes sense. most of the away chalk teams are of quality. QB's defense run game or all of the above. It actually makes sense to ride these teams.

Finally Hamilton I like them this week so I ride with them.

4 team parlay:
Calgary ML
Winnipeg ML
Edmonton +7, I wouldnt dare but I am not sold on VAJ laying chalk after a road win in the opener
Hamilton +1

1 unit wins 6.85

I have not yet placed and straight wagers but maybe step up and play Hamilton if they are a dog later in the week.

Some things learned in week 1...

-BC's defence is really good at every level. Their DL will be a wrecking crew against weak OLs

-Jake Meier looked awful. Its only 1 game but he shit the bed in last years west semi and looked bad in limited preseason action too. I'm not sure he's your franchise QB. Its early yet but I can't trust him.

-I thought Taylor Cornelius would take another step forward this season but based on game 1 he hasn't. Its not his decision making but his accuracy that is the problem. He made a few good throws but more that were behind his receivers or at their feet

-Winnipeg is a well-oiled machine again although their secondary may be vulnerable

-Hamilton will improve as the season goes on but both offence and defence looked out of sync to start the year. Bo made the right reads but couldn't hit his receivers. That will take a few games to get right. The defence is just as much a work in progress.

-Montreal's defence looked better than expected but then again, facing Arbuckle has a tendency to do that. Their OL didn't look great as Fajardo was under pressure all night. After their bye, they play in Hamilton week 3 which could be a great fade, especially if Hamilton loses to Toronto this week

-Ottawa is going nowhere unless Masoli comes back in his old form. That''s not happening until at least week 4. He's only played sparingly in the past few years so will he ever be the same again?

-Sask's OL is a mess as predicted

Thinking about this weekend...

Calgary @ Ottawa
  • This one opened Calgary -3 and has moved to -4.5/-5.
  • Ottawa on a short week
  • Arbuckle confirmed starting for the redblacks so I would have a hard time backing Ottawa unless we get more points
  • Calgary's offence looked like shite LW and I cant back them as a road fav right now.
  • Kadeem Carey out but they have another quality back behind him. OL Hugh Thornton has not been practicing and if he is out its a bigger deal.
  • Both these teams are offensively challenged right now so the under is in play but with a ridiculously low total of 42.5/43.5 I couldn't go under that. Only a handful of games in history have had totals this low.

Winnipeg @ Sask
  • Opened Wpg -2.5 and quickly moved to -5.5/-6
  • Sask on a short week.
  • Riders offensive line looked as awful as predicted LW and now the best piece they have, Philip Blake is out with a torn pec. Winnipeg D will feast this week
  • Trevor Harris has a hip pointer but should play
  • There might still be value at -6 because I have a hard time seeing the riders competing here. OTOH it is in Regina and strange things happen there.
  • Total is 47.5 Probably about right
Edmonton @ BC
  • Opened BC -6.5 and went to -7/7.5
  • Edmonton on a short week with travel. Tough to correct much on a ahort week and they have a lot to correct
  • Cornelius was missing receivers all day. He is going to be in tough vs BC's great defense
  • BC should have a huge crowd on hand. Dome field advantage!
  • This looks like a trucking to me
  • Total is 45.5. Looks about right to me
Hamilton @ Toronto
  • Opened Tor -2. Currently Tor -1.5
  • Toronto off a week 1 bye but Hamilton on a 9 day week so that likely evens out. I think the cats have a slight advantage having played a real game.
  • Who is Chad Kelly really? Everyone remembers the 10 or so plays that won the grey cup but in the late season start he had, he honestly looked a little lost. Then in limited preseason action he looked really good. Is he ready to be a full time starter? Toronto obv thought not as they tried to sign both Dane Evans and Cody Fajardo in the offseason.
  • Hamilton looked very plain on both offence and defence LW. Take away the 3 TDs off turnovers and this game was a rout. BLM looked out of sync and while that will come eventually, I'd like to see a sign before I invest my money in them.
  • Toronto will be presented with their grey cup banner and rings before the game while the cats are standing on the sideline watching and waiting. That would amp me up and I think it will them too.
  • If this got to 3 I would take Hamilton but I doubt it does.
  • Total is 46.5. I lean over as both these teams have new pieces in their secondary and are vulnerable to the pass. OTOH, BMO has been a solid under stadium and often has high winds coming from the lake end. And the cats offence looked so shaky LW.

Thinking about this weekend...

Calgary @ Ottawa
  • This one opened Calgary -3 and has moved to -4.5/-5.
  • Ottawa on a short week
  • Arbuckle confirmed starting for the redblacks so I would have a hard time backing Ottawa unless we get more points
  • Calgary's offence looked like shite LW and I cant back them as a road fav right now.
  • Kadeem Carey out but they have another quality back behind him. OL Hugh Thornton has not been practicing and if he is out its a bigger deal.
  • Both these teams are offensively challenged right now so the under is in play but with a ridiculously low total of 42.5/43.5 I couldn't go under that. Only a handful of games in history have had totals this low.

Winnipeg @ Sask
  • Opened Wpg -2.5 and quickly moved to -5.5/-6
  • Sask on a short week.
  • Riders offensive line looked as awful as predicted LW and now the best piece they have, Philip Blake is out with a torn pec. Winnipeg D will feast this week
  • Trevor Harris has a hip pointer but should play
  • There might still be value at -6 because I have a hard time seeing the riders competing here. OTOH it is in Regina and strange things happen there.
  • Total is 47.5 Probably about right
Edmonton @ BC
  • Opened BC -6.5 and went to -7/7.5
  • Edmonton on a short week with travel. Tough to correct much on a ahort week and they have a lot to correct
  • Cornelius was missing receivers all day. He is going to be in tough vs BC's great defense
  • BC should have a huge crowd on hand. Dome field advantage!
  • This looks like a trucking to me
  • Total is 45.5. Looks about right to me
Hamilton @ Toronto
  • Opened Tor -2. Currently Tor -1.5
  • Toronto off a week 1 bye but Hamilton on a 9 day week so that likely evens out. I think the cats have a slight advantage having played a real game.
  • Who is Chad Kelly really? Everyone remembers the 10 or so plays that won the grey cup but in the late season start he had, he honestly looked a little lost. Then in limited preseason action he looked really good. Is he ready to be a full time starter? Toronto obv thought not as they tried to sign both Dane Evans and Cody Fajardo in the offseason.
  • Hamilton looked very plain on both offence and defence LW. Take away the 3 TDs off turnovers and this game was a rout. BLM looked out of sync and while that will come eventually, I'd like to see a sign before I invest my money in them.
  • Toronto will be presented with their grey cup banner and rings before the game while the cats are standing on the sideline watching and waiting. That would amp me up and I think it will them too.
  • If this got to 3 I would take Hamilton but I doubt it does.
  • Total is 46.5. I lean over as both these teams have new pieces in their secondary and are vulnerable to the pass. OTOH, BMO has been a solid under stadium and often has high winds coming from the lake end. And the cats offence looked so shaky LW.
Great info

Back