CFL Syndicate 2023

Results after week 12...

Sides 24-11 +14.52*
Totals 4-10 -7.06*
Props 7-3 +2.425*
Parlay/Tease 4-2 +1.90*
Live 7-10 -3.86

Overall 46-36 +7.925*

3-3 in week 12 for a tiny loss. Can't win em all. Getting ready for tomorrow's openers.

Openers are out. Theres a couple I like, just waiting for it to open at more books.

BC @ MTL +3.5 45.5
WPG @ SSK +7.5 46.5
TOR @ HAM +8.5 47.5
EDM @ CAL -5.5 46.5

3 home dogs this week

1* Montreal +3.5 -110 - my line +2.5
1* Saskatchewan +7.5 -110 - my line +4.5
1* WPG / SSK over 46.5 -110 - my line 49
1* Hamilton +8.5 -110 - My line +5.5
1* TOR / HAM over 47.5 -110 - my line 51.5

Gonna be a busy week

Overs have gone 9-3 in the past 3 weeks but the books are not catching up with their totals. Still all in the 46/47 range.

1* Edmonton +5.5 -110

I was hesitant to back the Elks for a third week in a row but when you look at this matchup its a tale of two teams headed in opposite direction. Tre Ford has raised the spirits of the whole Elk team and they want to play for this kid. His passing is improving and he is showing a lot more confidence game by game. The Stamps meanwhile have to be realizing at this point that Maier is not the one to lead them to the promised land. This team seems to be deflating right before our eyes. My line is +2.5.

Agreed. I think Edmonton is the better team right now. Not only Ford but Lewis and even Arceneaux in at WR the past couple weeks has totally changed the look of the offense. They can now stay on the field which helps the defense that was on the field the whole game it seemed earlier in the season. EDM last two games time of possession 33:50 and 36:00 min. Can argue they have played bad teams but isn't CGY also a bad team?

Calgary off a 1 point loss and then lost a game where their offense finally did something. Man does that have to be demoralizing.

No way the +5.5 lasts. Can get off it later if I change my mind.

Edmonton down to 4 and think it keeps going down.

BC taking a ton of money and up to -5. Is someone out for MTL?
I think its just public action on BC since they are perceived to be a lot better than MTL who got shit-canned last week. I still like the ALs here. BC has looked bad the last 2 games and travelling to montreal isn't the way to get right

Results after week 13...

Sides 26-13 +14.32*
Totals 6-10 -5.06*
Props 7-3 +2.425*
Parlay/Tease 4-2 +1.90*
Live 7-10 -3.86

Overall 50-38 +9.725*

4-2 on the week. Solid. Week 14 starts now.

1* MTL / TOR over 51.5 -110

Books are starting to catch up on totals but not enough as far as Toronto is concerned. Their last 5 games have averaged 57 points (and that includes the dud when Kelly got hurt) and their 3 home games this year have averaged 71 points. They are a scoring machine and they don't let up at home. They will get their 35. Just need Montreal to contribute a couple of TDs and we're good.

I made this one 53.5 but honestly you could probably go as high as 56 and not be wrong.

Last edited:
1* MTL / TOR over 51.5 -110

Books are starting to catch up on totals but not enough as far as Toronto is concerned. Their last 5 games have averaged 57 points (and that includes the dud when Kelly got hurt) and their 3 home games this year have averaged 71 points. They are a scoring machine and they don't let up at home. They will get their 35. Just need Montreal to contribute a couple of TDs and we're good.

I made this one 53.5 but honestly you could probably go as high as 56 and not be wrong.
Best offense in the league imo

I know the bombers have more points, but have had a few games where they were held in check, outside that one game vs stamps I believe argos hit 30+ every other time. Super consistent

Bombers then lions but both more volatile

I missed most of this past weekend but is it something offenses have picked up on? Or just noise you think?

I'm not enough of an x's and o's guy to say for sure but the offences have just looked more wide open and willing to push the ball down the field. It hasn't been a bunch of special teams or defensive TDs, its been mostly offence.

The past few weeks has looked more like the old CFL than anytime since the pandemic.

I'm not enough of an x's and o's guy to say for sure but the offences have just looked more wide open and willing to push the ball down the field. It hasn't been a bunch of special teams or defensive TDs, its been mostly offence.

The past few weeks has looked more like the old CFL than anytime since the pandemic.
Tons of late game comebacks too

Been a fun season

did you see rourke made practice squad? Why I'm surprised he went there, played out of his mind and didnt break camp with jags

Tsn had a feature on his little brother who they say is even better, he got hurt week 0 though

Tons of late game comebacks too

Been a fun season

did you see rourke made practice squad? Why I'm surprised he went there, played out of his mind and didnt break camp with jags

Tsn had a feature on his little brother who they say is even better, he got hurt week 0 though

I've been low-key cheering for Rourke but there is a lot of politics in the NFL so he was a long shot to end up anywhere but the PR. People like to believe that NFL personnel decisions are always based on talent play but in reality there are a whole host of things that go into it and part of it is name recognition and draft pedigree. Thats why you see so many retreads getting shot after shot even though they are useless every time. Happens even more in the coaching ranks.

I've been low-key cheering for Rourke but there is a lot of politics in the NFL so he was a long shot to end up anywhere but the PR. People like to believe that NFL personnel decisions are always based on talent play but in reality there are a whole host of things that go into it and part of it is name recognition and draft pedigree. Thats why you see so many retreads getting shot after shot even though they are useless every time. Happens even more in the coaching ranks.
Ya I heard farhan on radio here other day said jags brought in someone who wouldnt cause issues when they wanted to go with betheard

sounds like rourke wants to give it 1 more year at least in an nfl training camp so cfl wasnt an option again this or next season

Ya I heard farhan on radio here other day said jags brought in someone who wouldnt cause issues when they wanted to go with betheard

sounds like rourke wants to give it 1 more year at least in an nfl training camp so cfl wasnt an option again this or next season

I won't hold my breath but having him back in the CFL would be awesome. Rourke vs Kelly would be like Dunigan vs Flutie in the 90s

I have no idea if lil bro is NFL level but if he was in the league too...we could have the good old days all over again

Noticed with some scores and recaps...

Just took myself getting busy and not being able to cap/watch.

1* Edmonton -1.5 -110

Probably my last play of the week. Backing the Elks for the 4th straight week (3-0 so far). I think the line is more or less correct except that Calgary has the tougher spot here. Travelling on a 5 day week and they lost 2 DBs last game. Thats gonna be a hard hole to fill on a short week.

MTL +11.5 on Bookmaker just too high for me. I know TOR is great but on a short week off emotional win I don't see the same focus for a MTL team struggling but also isn't that bad.

WPG -8.5 a play for me too. These guys are elite at home and after the bullshit cheap shot last week I think they are going to be out of blood. Robertson also was maybe SSK's best pass rusher so his loss hurts a lot. Dolegala has had some nice play in good spots at home but this crowd and defense are going to be rowdy and I think he's in trouble. Mason Fine could go as well but I think he's worse than Dolegala.

MTL +11.5 on Bookmaker just too high for me. I know TOR is great but on a short week off emotional win I don't see the same focus for a MTL team struggling but also isn't that bad.

WPG -8.5 a play for me too. These guys are elite at home and after the bullshit cheap shot last week I think they are going to be out of blood. Robertson also was maybe SSK's best pass rusher so his loss hurts a lot. Dolegala has had some nice play in good spots at home but this crowd and defense are going to be rowdy and I think he's in trouble. Mason Fine could go as well but I think he's worse than Dolegala.

Totally agree on Winnipeg. The Banjo bowl is already an outstanding revenge spot but with the headbutt and the way they lost in OT, they will be extra motivated. I was holding off because I hate betting big favs but this line may not be high enough. Good chance Sask gets drubbed. I'm gonna think about adding it.

Dolegala was taking first team reps in practice today and Fine was there also. I think they have to start Dolegala after the past couple of games. He is clearly superior to Fine.

I'm gonna follow along on Winnipeg @JohnnyGambler because why not have a bet in every game of the weekend lol. But the more I look at this, the more I like it.

1* Winnipeg -8.5 -110

Results after week 14...

Sides 28-14 +14.72*
Totals 6-11 -6.16*
Props 7-3 +2.425*
Parlay/Tease 4-2 +1.90*
Live 7-11 -4.435

Overall 52-41 +8.45*

2-3 for a 1.3* loss this week. On to week 15.

Not a lot to like this week but I think theres value in parlaying the 'BIG 3'...

1* Parlay TOR/WPG/BC +127

Results after week 15...

Sides 29-14 +15.72*
Totals 7-11 -5.16*
Props 7-3 +2.425*
Parlay/Tease 4-3 +0.90*
Live 8-11 -3.41

Overall 55-42 +10.475*

3-1 In week 15 for a couple of units. First time above the 10 unit mark this year. Onward we go...

Overs continue to cash. Now 19-5 over the past 6 weeks.

Edmonton and Hamilton are the 2 hottest teams in the league right now after Toronto. BC and Winnipeg looking more average by the week.

1* Toronto to win Grey Cup +120

Now that Toronto has clinched the east, I expected this to be around -120 or so.

Lets face it, we are headed toward a Toronto vs someone cup and the Argos will be favoured against any other team so this is good value. The only thing that could derail it would be an injury to Kelly but with the division clinched they will be ultra careful with him. If he so much as breaks a toenail he'll be on the sideline. Ditto for other key players. They will enter the playoffs healthy and have a one game path to the cup where they will be the fav.

Seems as if the books and most bettors have forgotten about the CFL now that NFL and CFB have started. Very slow rollout of lines this week.

I thought Edmonton +8.5 at home was insane and still think the current 7.5 has plenty of value.

Seems as if the books and most bettors have forgotten about the CFL now that NFL and CFB have started. Very slow rollout of lines this week.

I thought Edmonton +8.5 at home was insane and still think the current 7.5 has plenty of value.
Yup this thread gets real quiet this time of year but thats ok.

I agree with you on Edmonton. BC was -3.5 at montreal a few weeks ago and Edmonton is definitely hotter than the ALs. BC slept through their near-loss to Ottawa and lost at home to Hamilton so they are not playing their best ball right now. And their vaunted defense doesn't look nearly as scary as it did early in the year. The first 2 times these teams played, BC won 22-0 and 27-0. Think the Elks remember that? I'm betting they do and they'll be out for some revenge. Wouldn't surprise me to see them win straight up.

I also think Calgary getting 2 at home vs Montreal is a good deal. Teams off a bye this season are 11-3 straight up. I don't see that Montreal is good enough to be laying points to this team on the road.

I'm thinking about Hamilton +10 as well this week. The cats have looked very legit the last few weeks beating both BC and Winnipeg. Taylor Powell has really benefited from Scott Milanovich being installed at OC and they are scoring points again. The Argos have clinched the east and clinched the season series with the cats, not that it matters, and really have very little to play for. I am going to wait and see depth charts for this one before I pu;ll the trigger though.

Results after week 15...

Sides 29-14 +15.72*
Totals 7-11 -5.16*
Props 7-3 +2.425*
Parlay/Tease 4-3 +0.90*
Live 8-11 -3.41

Overall 55-42 +10.475*

3-1 In week 15 for a couple of units. First time above the 10 unit mark this year. Onward we go...
Sexy!

Regarding Calgary...

Teams off a bye this year are 12-4 SU. Stamps off the bye and at home this week. Its a great spot. I can't figure out for the life of me why they are dogged here.

Instead of playing Hamilton, I'm going to play the over in that game. We know Toronto can score and the cats have shown they now have an offence over the past few games so I think this number is too low. I made is 52.5.

1* HAM / TOR over 49 -110

Toronto with nothing to play for over the next 7 weeks has to be a huge negative. Would expect some lethargic play down the stretch. One of those things that is very hard to turn back on for the playoffs too. Real danger of them getting knocked off early.

DOUBLE BLUE?!?!?
Lets face it...they're winning it all this year. And I have to say, as much as I hate the Argos and their lies about being the oldest team, I do kind of respect their name and logo. Its fairly unique in sports.

Back