CFL Syndicate 2023

1.5* Hamilton +9 -110

I missed the good number here because I thought maybe it was too early for the Argos to be letting off the gas and they are so good at home. But reading this morning that they are scratching a number of players for this game, I have to get on Hamilton. Wouldn't surprise me if they rest kelly at some point too. They may win this but they ain't getting margin.

If Toronto has a weakness its their QB depth. Behind Kelly you have 2 green rooks who have barely played. In one game this year Cameron Dukes played 3 quarters and couldn't muster a single point. I think they will be trying to get these guys some reps at every opportunity now that they have nothing left to play for. The Argos are going to be major fade material down the stretch.

0.5* Prop Kevin Brown over 65.5 rush yards -120

Since Tre Ford took over they have leaned heavily on Brown and he has delivered. He has gone well over this number for 5 of the last 6 games and I see no reason that he won't tonight.

If Toronto has a weakness its their QB depth. Behind Kelly you have 2 green rooks who have barely played. In one game this year Cameron Dukes played 3 quarters and couldn't muster a single point. I think they will be trying to get these guys some reps at every opportunity now that they have nothing left to play for. The Argos are going to be major fade material down the stretch.
I like that angle

They are set to east final, heavy favorites too no matter who

Regarding Calgary...

Teams off a bye this year are 12-4 SU. Stamps off the bye and at home this week. Its a great spot. I can't figure out for the life of me why they are dogged here.
Making my way to McMahon this afternoon, cheering these wagers on from the Molson Zone:

Stamps 1H -0.5 -102
Over 47.5 -108

GL men.

Making my way to McMahon this afternoon, cheering these wagers on from the Molson Zone:

Stamps 1H -0.5 -102
Over 47.5 -108

GL men.
Too bad the home side couldn't have put in a little more effort. Calgary could have and probably should have won that game if it weren't for the turnovers.

BOL and FD still having Winnipeg -6.5 out there is crazy. The Argos backup QB is trash. Winnipeg won't let up here either. Game was sold out and people there are absolutely pissed the Argos are punting this game. I expect venom in the stands and Bombers to skullfuck them.

What a disaster clinching early for the Argos was. They are in MIGHTY danger of losing in the playoffs. You can't go 7-8 weeks playing meaningless football against teams that have been playing with playoff intensity for that long. They are a fade right through the end of the season.

BOL and FD still having Winnipeg -6.5 out there is crazy. The Argos backup QB is trash. Winnipeg won't let up here either. Game was sold out and people there are absolutely pissed the Argos are punting this game. I expect venom in the stands and Bombers to skullfuck them.

What a disaster clinching early for the Argos was. They are in MIGHTY danger of losing in the playoffs. You can't go 7-8 weeks playing meaningless football against teams that have been playing with playoff intensity for that long. They are a fade right through the end of the season.
Tailing

Agree completely even though I missed the number. I got on it at 7.5 Winnipeg has had this game circled for a while, its sold out and you're right, Dukes has nothing. He couldn't muster a single point in 3+ quarters against Calgary. I think they win by double digits easy.

I was so pissed off at going 0-5 last week I couldn't bring myself to do my usual work. Gambling psychology.

I generally agree that its good to have some adversity down the stretch but in the Argos case, they will only have to face Montreal or Hamilton in the east final so that can be viewed as a tune-up game. I don't think either of those teams will give Toronto much trouble at home, even if they are a bit fat and lazy by that time.

2* Winnipeg -7.5 -110

I kind of like Hamilton tomorrow but want to wait and see what happens in the early game. If Ottawa upsets MTL, the table will be set for the cats to tie for second even though mtl has the tie breaker

Sup? Bump!
Still here. Just haven’t liked a lot this week. Always lots of surprises in these last few weeks.

Big tilt tonight with wpg in BC for first in the west and home field for the west final. I am really looking forward to this one.

If things go according to plan in the Toronto game and they have a lead when Kelly sits, I will live bet the shit out of the elks.

Really hope they stick with him, could be a real force next season
Me too.

Any thoughts on WPG/BC tonight? I'm kind of leaning toward the bombers ML. I just feel like they have more big game experience and we've seen this year how when they are motivated, they impose their will.

Results after week 18...

Sides 33-17 +14.82*
Totals 7-12 -6.26*
Props 8-4 +2.325*
Parlay/Tease 4-3 +0.90*
Live 8-12 -3.95

Overall 60-48 +7.835*

3 weeks to go in the reg season.

1* Montreal -2 -110

Was hoping to wait until Hamilton wins tonight because if they don't, Montreal will have sealed up 2nd place in the east but the line is on the move with a few 2.5's showing so I'm getting on it now. Montreal has consistently lost to teams above them (tor, wpg, bc) and has beaten the teams below them. With Edmonton eliminated from the playoffs and decimated on defence, I expect that to continue here. I also expect Chris Jones to treat this game like he treated the stretch last season: as an extended preseason where he can preview some players who have languished down the depth chart all year.

1* BC / HAM over 48.5 -110

Both these teams can score. Weather is good. I think this total should be in the 51 range.

Results after week 19...

Sides 36-17 +17.82*
Totals 8-12 -5.26*
Props 8-4 +2.325*
Parlay/Tease 4-3 +0.90*
Live 8-13 -5.51

Overall 64-49 +10.275*

4-1 this week and still can't win a live bet to save my life. That's 9-2 over the past 3 weeks.

Nope. Was hoping Toronto would sit Kelly but the depth chart just came out and he's starting. With Sask's depleted backfield, I can't play them if Kelly starts. Even if he only plays the first half, they could easily be up 20.

Sask playing for their playoff lives and now reporting suggests that Kelly will only play sparingly.

Winnipeg has nothing left to play for so 12 is a lot to be laying here vs the Elks

Week 21 is all meaningless games so I don't want to get too involved but I think this one is worth a half unit risk.

0.5* Toronto -1 -107

The Argos are resting a number of starters including Chad Kelly but Cameron Dukes has shown he can be a serviceable alternative. And they are stacked with depth at every other position such that I think they are still clearly the more talented team on the field. Coach Ryan Dinwiddie always has his team ready to play and always stresses mistake free football so I don't see him letting up much. Moreover, the Argos do have something to play hard for...they could be only the second team ever to record 16 wins in a reg season so I don't think this is a throw away game for the guys on the field.

Looking at the total, I'm also going to take a stab at the under. I think this number is based on season long trends and doesn't reflect the nature of this matchup.

0.5* TOR / OTT under 49 -110

0.5* Hamilton 1Q ML -105

Hamilton starting Bo Levi Mitchell and if the past 2 games were any indication, he score before he exits.

Looking at the total, I'm also going to take a stab at the under. I think this number is based on season long trends and doesn't reflect the nature of this matchup.

0.5* TOR / OTT under 49 -110
Upping this to a full unit. The more I think about this, the more I like it.

1* TOR / OTT under 49 -112

Results after reg season...

Sides 38-19 +17.695*
Totals 8-12-1 -5.26*
Props 8-5 +2.04*
Parlay/Tease 4-3 +0.90*
Live 8-13 -5.51

Overall 66-52 +9.865*

55.9% for the regular season. On to the playoffs!

Bookmaker offering some nice lines.

Hamilton +3.5 for me. Not impressed by Montreal. 5-game winning streak against the true dregs of the league. Montreal going 0-7 vs the best 3 teams in the league is a red flag. Hamilton was way better in the 2H of the year. Beat WPG, BC, could have easily beat BC again. They lost to Toronto twice but actually outgained them by a good bit in both games. Hamilton a team improving and getting healthy and Montreal a huge fraud.

BC -6 too. Calgary and Maier simply one of the worst QB/offenses to make the playoffs in a long while. The Calgary defense might keep them in it early but can't help but seeing them wear down big time in the 2H. Blowout potential here.

Bookmaker offering some nice lines.

Hamilton +3.5 for me. Not impressed by Montreal. 5-game winning streak against the true dregs of the league. Montreal going 0-7 vs the best 3 teams in the league is a red flag. Hamilton was way better in the 2H of the year. Beat WPG, BC, could have easily beat BC again. They lost to Toronto twice but actually outgained them by a good bit in both games. Hamilton a team improving and getting healthy and Montreal a huge fraud.

BC -6 too. Calgary and Maier simply one of the worst QB/offenses to make the playoffs in a long while. The Calgary defense might keep them in it early but can't help but seeing them wear down big time in the 2H. Blowout potential here.

I hope you're right about my tabbies. I would be happy to lose the bet to have them advance but I just don't see it. Their secondary is a mess and I don't think the front 7 can paper over it for much longer.

Agree wholeheartedly on BC. I think they could smash Calgary and I will probably add it as a bet. I was hoping the number would trend down a bit given how the stamps beat them 2 weeks ago but it seems pretty steady.

Back