CFL Syndicate 2023

This is only bet involving tonight's game, right?
Correct. I made the line 9.5 and it seems to be 10/10.5 everywhere so no value in it now.

I'll be watching for live opps however. The 3 min warning angle is always a possibility.

Results after week 7...

Sides 14-9 +7.405*
Totals 2-7 -5.76*
Props 3-1 +0.975*
Parlays 2-1 +1.17*
Live 4-6 -2.60

Overall 25-24 +1.19*

1-3 on the week but only 0.7* loss. Can't seem to get out of my own way this year.

Pending...
1* HAM / OTT under 48.5 -110
1* Hamilton +4 -110
1* / .25* Calgary +3 / ML -110 / +130

Thoughts...

Hamilton... Dustin Crum's luck has to run out at some point. His two wins included 2 pick sixes and a punt return TD. He became the first QB in history to win consecutive OT games. This is not a long term winning formula. I think Ottawa comes back to earth here on a short week. Hamilton gets their starting qb back from injury and although BLM didn't light it up in the first game and a half its worth remembering that he played against 2 of the leagues top defences and behind an OL that was an absolute mess. Since then the OL has solidified somewhat with Riley and Kemp at the tackle spots and Van Zeyl in a depth role. I think Hamilton keeps it very close and maybe wins SU in a lower scoring affair. Should be a pk line

Calgary... Calgary is actually playing some good football. Jake Maier isn't playing great but his last 2 games have been the best of the season and their receiving corps finally is coming into shape with Michel and Begleton back in. They fell to those pesky redblacks in OT last week and I think that loss stung. Dave Dickenson had some frank words for the team saying publicly that changes will be coming if they don't perform better next week. There was a rumor of a players only meeting. I don't think Montreal is very good and this is another chance to fade them giving us a decent number. I think the line should be pk or mtl -1 at most

Severe t-storm watch for Ottawa tonight…

3:40 p.m. EDT Friday 28 July 2023

Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, damaging hail and heavy rain.

Hazards:Up to tennis ball size hail.Wind gusts up to 90 km/h.Heavy rainfall with local amounts of 30 to 50 mm.Timing:This afternoon and evening.

Discussion:Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon with the passage of a cold front.Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury.

1* / .25* Calgary +3 / ML -110 / +130

Seriously rethinking this one. Every piece of news this week favors the Alouettes. They're getting Philpot back and now have Lemon set to enter the lineup to give their DL some more rush capabilities. Stamps have had a number of players go down during the week.

Might have to buy out. Thinking.

@Teapot9

I got looking into it and the save-on-foods contest is open to anyone in Canada excl Quebec but you have to shop in store to enter. BUT I found a loophole. By law the contest must be "no purchase necessary" so I dug deep into their rules and found that I can enter by mail too. So I'm doin it!

Man, a beautiful day in the mitten today.

I think I'm gonna go hit the range and work on my game.

I have a new sexy polo which arrived a few minutes ago to wear out there!

@Hulu When I saw you rethinking Calgary in last nights game and that Montreal was coming off a bye I went with them the Alouettes.

@spottie2935 Any good/bad numbers on teams coming off a bye week?

:shake:
Smarter than me. I really shouldve bought out when the line moved. But the move itself made me think sharp money was on Calgary so I stood. I should learn to trust my instincts.

Edmonton demotes their OC in favour of Jarious Jackson who has some experience. Taylor Cornelius demoted to 3rd string while Tre Ford and Jarrett Doege battle it out over the bye week for the right to start.

I actually felt bad for Cornelius last week. He looked absolutely broken in the 4th quarter.

HF and rest>7 and rest<15 and week<11 and streak>-2 and line<=-3

22-52 ATS Winnipeg is a fade according to the rest angle.add.png

I dont want to sway anyone this week but there is something to consider in the Argo Stamp game line.

Data:
I will start with the Argos are 4-11 SU since 2007 at Calgary.

According to the data the Argos have never been favored in Calgary and the line have all been +4 or better for the road Argos. obviously the teams are much different now. I do think +9 is way too much just because of the names and location. Will the past and being in Calgary make a difference to get the cash $$$ i think more times than not Calgary covers but I think waiting for a 2nd half play or in game 1st half play might be best.

Sure 2nd halves get crazy too but lets see if Calgary at least shows up ready to play. The danger is if some how the Argos get behind early making mistakes the best would be too pass and an opportunity would be lost.

The Argo's streak, Line and location have me thinking this is too many points. Argos have a poor history will it matter?

So far I have bet:
BC+6
Stamps +9
Ticats +3
Sask +1

We will see this week after the favorites sweep last week.

I dont want to sway anyone this week but there is something to consider in the Argo Stamp game line.

Data:
I will start with the Argos are 4-11 SU since 2007 at Calgary.

According to the data the Argos have never been favored in Calgary and the line have all been +4 or better for the road Argos. obviously the teams are much different now. I do think +9 is way too much just because of the names and location. Will the past and being in Calgary make a difference to get the cash $$$ i think more times than not Calgary covers but I think waiting for a 2nd half play or in game 1st half play might be best.

Sure 2nd halves get crazy too but lets see if Calgary at least shows up ready to play. The danger is if some how the Argos get behind early making mistakes the best would be too pass and an opportunity would be lost.

The Argo's streak, Line and location have me thinking this is too many points. Argos have a poor history will it matter?
I Believe In Streaks Like These, Regardless Of New Players/Coaches.

Stamps are a lean for me right now. I agree that its too many points. But Ca;gary has burned me 2 weeks in a row, on the last play of the game both times so its hard to take them again. Gambling psychology

Stamps are a lean for me right now. I agree that its too many points. But Ca;gary has burned me 2 weeks in a row, on the last play of the game both times so its hard to take them again. Gambling psychology
Yup hard to play on team that burns past bettors and hard not to take the team that hasnt blown a game yet.

Line is +9 for that reason and I think given history +9 is too many. I am counting on the line and history to get me money. That being said this is not a full unit type of bet until i see the game play out a little. 2nd half opportunity i hope will be present.

Calgary has been favorites 5 of their 7 games.

I am not happy with Maier being 8TDs and 11 int's

I am losing on the CFL YTD so I have cut back due to this but now I believe the lines are going to be more in my favor this week.

We will soon see if my crystal ball is on track.

Results after week 8...

Sides 15-10 +7.055*
Totals 3-7 -4.76*
Props 3-2 +0.70*
Parlays 2-1 +1.17*
Live 4-7 -3.175

Overall 27-27 +0.99*

Still treading water 8 weeks in.

Pending for week 9...
1.5* Montreal +1.5 -110
0.75* Teaser Winnipeg pk / Calgary +14.5 +100
1* BC / WPG under 45 -110

Yup hard to play on team that burns past bettors and hard not to take the team that hasnt blown a game yet.

Line is +9 for that reason and I think given history +9 is too many. I am counting on the line and history to get me money. That being said this is not a full unit type of bet until i see the game play out a little. 2nd half opportunity i hope will be present.

Calgary has been favorites 5 of their 7 games.

I am not happy with Maier being 8TDs and 11 int's

I am losing on the CFL YTD so I have cut back due to this but now I believe the lines are going to be more in my favor this week.

We will soon see if my crystal ball is on track.

I just realized Toronto is on their 4th straight road game. The game in Halifax was technically a home game but they still had to travel so that makes it 4 straight. There's probably not a lot of data on teams playing their 4th away game in a row because it rarely happens. Really tough spot for the argos.

Back