CFL Syndicate 2021

I can't believe the lines are so all over the place. The books are completely clueless. I see anything from -6 to -8.5 on EDM. I would play it up to -6.5 personally.

As for that under, I see anywhere from 46.5 to 50. I would take it to 48.5.

They have absolutely no idea where to put these numbers. Even Pinny is so scared they limited me to $300 on the opener (I hope thats not just me or my gambling days could be over).

Good Morning,

Can't believe the Lions covered the +7.5 last night but I'll take it.
I know dogs rule weeks 1 & 2 but::

Stamps -6 / Under 48.5
Elks -7 / under 46

YTD: 4-0

Last edited:
Pure blind luck last night. There’s no way anyone could’ve capped that game the way it went.

that’s part of gambling tho so I’ll take it.
Oh, I know.

Remember, "without luck, I'd never lose"

So, I saw 7-0 late 1st and the next score I saw was with 58 seconds left.

Re-reading the in-game provided the story.

BetRegal dropping early lines for week 2.

BC @ CAL -4 47.5
TOR @ WPG -10 45.5
MTL @ EDM -1.5 50.5
HAM @ SSK -2.5 45.5

$150 limits but I like EDM -1.5, TOR +10 and HAM +2.5. These will likely change when pinny drops lines next week but it gives us an idea of what the bookies are thinking and regal's lines have been sharper thus far. Probably just coincidence.

LOL I dropped $150 on EDM -1.5 and it immediately went to -3. They are moving on air. Probably the first bet theyve had on week 2.

BetRegal dropping early lines for week 2.

BC @ CAL -4 47.5
TOR @ WPG -10 45.5
MTL @ EDM -1.5 50.5
HAM @ SSK -2.5 45.5

$150 limits but I like EDM -1.5, TOR +10 and HAM +2.5. These will likely change when pinny drops lines next week but it gives us an idea of what the bookies are thinking and regal's lines have been sharper thus far. Probably just coincidence.
Hulu, Can I post this on another forum ?

I ask because I have so much respect for you and what you do.

I appreciate you!!!! and didnt want to steal this and have it come back to me.

:shake:

This trend is against Calgary tonight.

H and season>2010 and n:H and line>-9 and playoffs=0 and week <5 and total<54

Home teams are 7-25 ATS in the first of back to back home games that are in weeks 1 thru 4 and the line is not double digits and the total is set below 54.

Calgary has been strong very strong at home but when in this situation before they have failed all 3 times. 0-3 ATS

This trend is against Calgary tonight.

H and season>2010 and n:H and line>-9 and playoffs=0 and week <5 and total<54

Home teams are 7-25 ATS in the first of back to back home games that are in weeks 1 thru 4 and the line is not double digits and the total is set below 54.

Calgary has been strong very strong at home but when in this situation before they have failed all 3 times. 0-3 ATS

Wow not easy to find a trend against Calgary at home.

0.5 Edmonton 2H -3.5 -115

Ottawa lucky to be in this game. Nichols arm clearly isn't right. EDM will take control at some point

Re-ranking Offensive Lines after 1 week...

1 - Winnipeg - Yup and its not even close

2 - Calgary - Looked good, better than expected even considering the juggling they did in the offseason

3 - BC - Vastly improved over last year. Still need time to come together but they'll be above average this year

4 - Toronto - Didn't look great but held its own all things considered.

5 - Montreal? - I have no idea. Montreals camp was more closed off and isolated than any other team. No beat reporters allowed even. All we have is a roster and a daily update provided by the team which is useless.

6 - Saskatchewan - Didn't perform badly to start but as the game wore on you could see the BC line starting to win the battles and I don't think BC has the best DL out there

7 - Edmonton - Without Saxelid and Rogers they looked very outmatched against a good Ottawa front. Decent run b,locking but horrid protecting the pass and this is a passing league. Once those 2 come back they'll be fine when healthy but they lack depth

8 - Hamilton - Went from a strength LY to a weakness. The interior was completely outmatched vs the Bombers very good DL. They were completely bowled over multiple times. The 2 new tackles did ok by comparison but they were not stellar either. I'm not sure even Van Zeyl coming back will save this group. They need to improve in a hurry. Maybe more of the double tight end sets theyve been practicing will help.

9 - Ottawa - Has some talent but needs time to come together. I don't think they finish the year at the bottom

Took Edmonton -1.5 and Toronto +10 on the lookahead line. I won't post as official plays because the limits are very small.

do you want my early thoughts? I am against you on one these.

Here is what I like to look at before I know about a team. Alouettes drafting and off season changes. I also look at the 2020 transactions that took place.

Thanks. I'm always looking for differnt viewpoints. Thats a good part of why I do this thread. I'm good on my own but even better when others chime in and adjust my thinking. Thats why we call it the syndicate...its a group effort really

In the EDM/OTT game the Elks won’t the total offence 443-127. Ottawa had 71 pass yards.

I just read that the last time a team won a game with that few pass yards was 1992.

this was easily the most misleading final of the week.

Simple team trends: most dating back to the 2019 season and including week 1

Bombers 7-0 ATS last 7 and 11-3 ATS last 14
Bombers are a ridiculous 49-23-2 ATS last 74 thats 68% nothing lasts forever
Riders 11-5 ATS last 16• 6-1 ATS Away 5-4 Home
Ticats are 7-3 ATS Last 10
Stamps are 0-7 ATS last 7
Redblacks are 2-9 ATS last 11
Lions are 7-3 ATS Last 10
Elks are 3-12 ATS last 15
Argo's are 5-0 ATS last 5
Alouettes: no real ATS trends but after back to back horrible seasons in 2017+2018 (8 wins-28 losses) turned the corner last season and could be heading for a better season. Well see if they improved or are they back to regressing. I am not enthused about them as being favorites but as dogs this team probably hangs in games.

I hope the lines show ASAP

For the Thursday game regal still has the lookahead line of Calgary -1.5/47.5.

Sportsinteraction just opened Calgary -6/48.5

There are too many questions marks in this game to bet it yet and I'll probably lay off it altogether.

Re the ALs, what I know so far is that I think they have regressed a little on defense. They lost a few defensive starters and have done little to replace them. Their big offseason FA signing was DE Almondo Sewell so maybe they can get a pass rush this year. That was their biggest problem in 2019.

On offense, VA looks to have finally matured into a real QB and even flew a group of his receivers to work out with him in the off year which bodes well for their chemistry. They have a very good group there with Bray, Wieneke, Lewis & Cunningham and some decent NAT talent in Absher and Simonise. Their offensive line was average at best in 2019 and thats where they need the most improvement.

Overall I think they are about the same as 2019 but they won't catch anyone by surprise this year. Their season win total was 6.5 and I think that was probably about right.

Also, I always feel like the team with the week 1 bye is at a disadvantage in their opener for the simple fact that the other guys have a game under their belt. Yes they've had 2 weeks and some film of their opponents to game plan off of but I still think having played an actual game is better.

The BC game I am still interested in. If I don’t get the number I like pre-game I might be able to extract a profitable line in game. Besides in game provides more info on the BC Qb situation. Of course they could change that during the game too.
Calgary is home for the 3rd time next week. I think this is close.

Alouettes I’m not sold on Edmonton after playing so poorly last week. I’m not combating anything you have stated about the situation or what Edmonton did in yardage. What also happened is they were 2 and punt 5 times and also had a pick 6. They are a bet-able team I’m just not backing them as a favorite until they are more trustworthy. Alouettes aren’t going to beat a lot of teams but they can hang here.
My best 2 so far are Alouettes and Argo’s. Bc is less and I’m not sure about sask and Hamilton yet.

I want Edmonton to lose this week for value sake. When they hit the road after 2 home losses will create a nice line situation. They also have done poorly ATS at the end of last season and a possible 0-2 start won’t make a lot of people rush to the window to bet them. I like those situations more.

Alouettes I’m not sold on Edmonton after playing so poorly last week. I’m not combating anything you have stated about the situation or what Edmonton did in yardage. What also happened is they were 2 and punt 5 times and also had a pick 6. They are a bet-able team I’m just not backing them as a favorite until they are more trustworthy. Alouettes aren’t going to beat a lot of teams but they can hang here.
My best 2 so far are Alouettes and Argo’s. Bc is less and I’m not sure about sask and Hamilton yet.

Reasonable people can disagree and I think we just see Edmonton differently right now. I have been known to stubbornly ride a team after I shouldve jumped ship though so maybe I'm doing that here but I still think they can compete for the division once they get going. We will definitely know more after this weekend.

Reasonable people can disagree and I think we just see Edmonton differently right now. I have been known to stubbornly ride a team after I shouldve jumped ship though so maybe I'm doing that here but I still think they can compete for the division once they get going. We will definitely know more after this weekend.
100%. A balanced market place is good.

Ok we have some actual lines from SportsInteraction

BC @ CAL -6 48.5
TOR @ WPG -6.5 47.5
MON @ EDM -3.5 49
HAM @ SSK -1.5 47.5

Can't touch Hamilton with only +1.5 but don't like Sask either

Not sure if Toronto has value at +6.5 but at the moment I feel like it does

I made EDM -4 so not going to touch that number. Was really hoping for -2.5 or better. I'll just hang on to what I got on the look ahead

I made Calgary -6 so I thhink this number is dead nuts accurate

Calgary moved to -6.5

BC will almost certainly be starting Rourke and he will be on the road against a much better defence than last week and a pissed off stamps team. I can see why Calgary might win this easily.

I’m standing on the 2 posted picks and this week I will wait for the Argo line to climb. I will take the Alouettes at 3.5. No need to rush on the lions. But that’s a good number on paper

I'd really like to know who's starting for Toronto this week. Probably Macbeth but who knows if Arbuckle is ready. I feel like his mobility could make the difference behind an Argo OL with a soft middle

Argo did a good job on D but we’re lucky on a penalty call on the goal line. I’m counting on Colaros to suck. If he doesn’t I probably lose.

Calgary moved to -6.5

BC will almost certainly be starting Rourke and he will be on the road against a much better defence than last week and a pissed off stamps team. I can see why Calgary might win this easily.
There is no question in my mind that Calgary can whoop em. I like BC but my like is more situational and those run 60% so that leaves plenty of room for failure.

Back