BC -2.5 120 WIN +1.0
MICH/UF O62.5 WIN +1.0
FAU -2.5 110 WIN +1.0
CINCY -10.5 120 LOSS -1.2
ECU/BOISE OVER 70 110 WIN +1.0
VT -2.5 120 (added 12/31 Greek) LOSS -1.2

LSU -3 130/125 (added 12/31 Greek, added 1/1 5dimes) - 2 units WIN WIN +2.0

6-3 FINAL BOWL RECORD +2.5 UNITS

BYU will be looking to avenge the early season defeat against the Bruins who unfortunately will be in a lame duck situation, whether it is the fired Dorrell coaching or his asst. Neither would be a good situation for UCLA, so I look for BYU to roll.

BC has 3 weeks to get over their disappointment of settling for the Champps Sports Bowl, so I think they will be fine by the time this one gets underway. They have the longest active bowl winning streak at 7 in a row, and they have also covered 8 of their last 9 bowl games. MSU is gonna bring a ton of fans while BC will bring few if any, but this BC team is 3-1 on the road, with wins at Clemson and VT, so I am not worried about the psuedo MSU home field advantage in this one.

I expect Carr to pull out all the stops in this one since he has nothing to lose. Florida will get their points against the UM pass defense, but I also expect UM to get theirs with a balanced mixture of running and passing. This should be a fun one to watch as I expect it to be somewhere in the 38-31 range.

Also like CMU and Nevada but in no rush as I don't think those lines will move off of where they are, as they have already settled at 9.5 and 3 respectively. Also think Tulsa is solid but don't wanna tie up my money that far in advance unless the line looks like it will shoot higher than 4.

Last edited:
The reason I am leaning CMU is because I think they are a much better team than the one that got blasted by Purdue earlier this season. They will have a ton of support at Ford Field for this one, and they seem to love playing on the turf, so right now I am leaning towards taking the points if I go this route, because I expect it to be a high scoring shootout that comes down to the last possession.

Nevada v NM to me is a FG game either way so if I can get 3.5 it would definitely be worth a look. Not sure who wins, but would be surprised if it isn't settled by 3 or 4 at the most, so points would be very valuable in this one.

The reason I didn't jump on these two is because dogs aren't really my thing, so need to do more research before I commit so early to dog plays since they aren't my specialty by any means.

Don't see a ton of favs I like so far. Cincy is tempting but 11 is a ton of points. Even still, might be a play depending on how the line moves the next few weeks.

Lastly, kinda like Air Force and Navy getting points, but again, not sure if I am reading these dogs correctly or not.

a few of us grabbed 62.5 or 63 too CB...thought it would go higher myself as well...if it gets under 60, I'll just play it again.

with u on BYU as well.

gl this bowl season.

i made nevada the outright favorite ......... so i lean with you there. it is a long time until that flordia/meechigun game ..i suspect your number will be better than the close.

gl this bowl season

Gl Carolina,

But there is no way michigan breaks 30 points. They could only score 3 against Ohio State and there defense is mediocre at best.

Gl Carolina,

But there is no way michigan breaks 30 points. They could only score 3 against Ohio State and there defense is mediocre at best.

Florida gave up at least 20 in 10 of their 12 games, so I don't think it is too far fetched to expect Michigan to be able to exploit their weaknesses, especially with such a long lead time to prepare for the game.

Ohio State only gave up 20 or more once all season by the way. I know that SOS isn't apples to apples, b/c OSU's was weaker than normal this year, but I personally would take OSU's defense over Florida's this year.

Haven't been around the site much the last few weeks as the new kid has been keeping me focused on other priorities to say the least. Haven't had time to add any plays, but this weekend will probably add a few to the card. Leaning towards the Boise/ECU Over, FAU, and a couple others. Will post em if I play em. Best of luck this bowl season guys!

Michigan will score..they will throw, it is the only way they know they can stay in the game, because UF will score at will.

The weather was a factor against OSU, as was Hart and Henne's health. Not taking anything away from OSU, they would have won if it was played in 80 degree weather without a cloud as well...im jsut saying both teams would have scored more if it was better weather.

I agree with hunt as well, the spread offense absolutley killed michigan this year and i guarantee florida knows it especially with a big running Qb and a Qb that can throw too. Lets not forget about their recievers which could cause early retirement for some defensive coordinators. I am not sure michigan stays in this one but there shouuld be plenty of scoring.

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title -->Cincy sold 8300 tixs for the Papa Johns bowl, which is greater than the tix sold for their last 3 bowls combined. Original thought was that Cincy fans would be disappointed and not want to go to Birmingham to support the team, but the ticket sales discount that, so I look for Cincy to go down there and make history as they get their first 10 win season in a big way. SMiss on the other hand has only distributed about half of that number. Should be a solid turnout for the game as they are expecting 30-35,000 in attendance.

Actual Ticket Sales by team...
Cincinnati announced Friday it has sold and allocated more than 8,300 tickets from its allotment of 10,000. Southern Miss said it has distributed between 4,200 and 4,500.

Cincinnati reports its ticket sales far exceed the school record of 4,787, set for the 2000 Motor City Bowl. The Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte chose Connecticut over Cincinnati this season largely due to questions about Cincinnati's fan travel.
Cincinnati issued a press release Friday touting its ticket number, providing a thank-you from coach Brian Kelly to fans, and seeking more sales to "help send a strong message to all bowl committees that Bearcats Nation is a viable postseason football force."
"We're the recipient of Cincinnati's perceived snub by the Meineke Bowl," Meadows said. "They have a point to prove that they can travel to bowl games, and I think their athletic department is working real hard to get them to Birmingham."

Like the adds of Cincy, leaning towards FAU, and like the over too.

I may play Boise rather than the total, although I'm not pleased with the number right now.

Tough 1-2 start to the bowls thus far, but guess I should be thankful b/c I was leaning Nevada and Utah but talked myself off of them, so I could very easily be 1-4 like many others are so far. Long journey still in front of us this bowl season, so plenty of time to right this ship, and I say it all starts tonight with a shootout on the island as I see Boise getting 50+ tonight while ECU should be good for at least 35. Looking for close to 50 points by the half in this one as it should be a fun game to watch tonight. Best of luck!

gl tonight cb.

tend to agree that this one should be a shoot out. wish you had talked me off of nevada hehe.

Just got lucky with a Wake push that caused my blood pressure to rise about 50 points so hoping for a 21-21 first quarter in this one haha

Tough 1-2 start to the bowls thus far, but guess I should be thankful b/c I was leaning Nevada and Utah but talked myself off of them, so I could very easily be 1-4 like many others are so far. Long journey still in front of us this bowl season, so plenty of time to right this ship, and I say it all starts tonight with a shootout on the island as I see Boise getting 50+ tonight while ECU should be good for at least 35. Looking for close to 50 points by the half in this one as it should be a fun game to watch tonight. Best of luck!

Well I got 45 in the 1H so can't complain too much. Here's hoping Boise keeps going with the no huddle as they play catch up, because they definitely should be able to put at least 21 up in the 2H. ECU should be good for at least 1 more takeaway, plus at least one more breakaway run. Also, they are getting insane field possession on special teams, so that should help them keep the scoring going as well. Hope this one gets put to bed by the end of the 3rd so I can enjoy the 4th with no worries. This one has the potential to sail over 100 as I see Boise opening things up big time in the 2H.

Was tempted to get greedy and add a play on ECU over 14 for the 2H, but decided to not push my luck even though I do think it is a solid play. Don't wanna get too greedy so just gonna stick with my game total over.

What an incredible way to win the over!!!!! Congrats carolinablue! I was very fortunate and hit the treble on this game with the 1st half over, 2nd half over, and over for the game----for some reason it's more satisfying to win on an "over" wager in a shootout game like this one than to win on a sloppy, low-scoring "under" wager.

Congrats also on your fine Saturday in college hoops.

Hopefully the "Sheraton Hawaii Bowl" is a harbinger of good things for the rest of the bowl season!

Too lazy to start a thread for one play, so for record keeping purposes only, here is my first NFL play of the season, going down next Sunday 12/30...

CINCINNATI -2.5 over Miami

0-0 Record Year to Date in the NFL so what do I know haha.

By the time that fumble happened it sure looked really bad ... and it was a good beat ....... but i really feel you had the total capped correctly and were unlucky a bit to be in that position anyways. great game to watch, and we are supposed to be on the right side of those kinds of flukes once in awhile. well done CB.

Nice win with BC last night as getting the early line at 2.5 definitely paid off big for me to say the least.

Now at 3-2 this bowl season with the over on New Year's Day still pending. Of course I will also have a play on the big one, but gonna hold off on that one till next week as I still looking over a few things.

Nice win with the Over to move to 4-2 on the bowl season.

May take my winnings and put even more on LSU but undecided at this point.

ADDING

Another unit on LSU -3 125 at 5dimes (better price than the Greek)

Nothing for me on any other games other than VT on Thursday night.

Back