Byron Nelson Week...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Thanks to all the new contributors the past few weeks. It's been phenomenal. The Tour heads back to Texas...

Course looks awesome, and so much more interesting than most of the courses they play on tour. Not really sure how to cap it yet

Seems like it could have a British Open-like feel, so makes sense to back guys who have had success on that type of course. Eyeing Sergio, Leishman, Spieth, Adam Scott for one and done at first glance.

https://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2017/06/28/beau-hossler-get-to-know.html

Where are you living now? Which course do you call home?
I live in Dallas, Texas, and play out of Trinity Forest where (the PGA TOUR) is hosting the AT&T Byron Nelson next year. The course just opened last year. I really like it and I think it’s going to be good. Like any golf course I think it needs a little time to mature but right now I think it’s going to be really good for the tournament.

Spieth and Hossler have home field advantage this week. Do we know of any other Dallas based pros that are familiar with this track?

Byron Nelson Championship
Sergio Garcia +1400
Billy Horschel +2000
Jimmy Walker +2200
Beau Hossler +3300
Charles Howell III +4000
Martin Laird +4500
Scott Piercy +5000
Rory Sabbatini +6000
Russell Knox +7000
J.B. Holmes +8000
John Huh +10000
James Hahn +11000
Abraham Ancer +12500
Cameron Tringale +22500

looking like a classic "American inland links" style course like last years US Open @ the Erin Hills Golf Club, geauxgolfer :shake:

so far just one tourney match play for me this week. opened Jimmy Walker -115 over Hideki Matsuyama $58 to win $50 @ South Point NOW Jimmy Walker +115 over Hideki Matsuyama so I pressed another $44 to win $50. I do NOT know who bopped Matsuyama with his last five tourney results BUT I will TAKE it :cool:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/ot...ty-forest-golf-club-new-home-att-byron-nelson

But even though Trinity Forest may look like a hybrid of a links course and recent major venues like Erin Hills (2017 U.S. Open) and Chambers Bay (2015 U.S. Open), it has a personality all of its own and really doesn't play similar to any of those courses, according to course co-architect Bill Coore.

On Tuesday Coore said Pinehurst No. 2, host of the 2014 U.S. Open, is a more appropriate playing style comparison than either Erin Hills or Chambers Bay.

Hunter Mahan is a member. Hey, he has made 3 straight cuts in a row at least.

interesting. Hunter Mahan from the Oklahoma State "Golf Factory". may be worth a small to win "sprinkle" @ 125-1 :cool:

On Tuesday Coore said Pinehurst No. 2, host of the 2014 U.S. Open, is a more appropriate playing style comparison than either Erin Hills or Chambers Bay

Good God Gertie!!! I SURE HOPE their greens are better than that cow pasture Chambers Bay!!! THAT place should NEVER, EVER be allowed to HOST a major tourney AGAIN!!! :nono:

Geez. Lucas Glover's wife arrested for DV. Called him a loser for missing the cut at the Players.
Lucas Glover isn't a loser for missing the cut at the Players. That happens for golfers like him. Phil, Hideki and Louis? Losers for missing the cut. No excuse.

I know Spieth is an obvious favorite this week, but he's been behind the scenes on the construction of this course. He's played it more than anybody. I know there's not much value in betting Spieth this week, but there's a reason he's entered this week. He knows the course, and knows this a great chance for him to get his win this year.

Lucas Glover isn't a loser for missing the cut at the Players. That happens for golfers like him. Phil, Hideki and Louis? LOSERS for missing the cut. No excuse.

Mickelson DROWNED the whole golf betting WORLD at the Players. top 10 finishes in 5 of his last 7 before last week including a WIN @ WGC-Mexico and he pulls THAT CRAP ??? :mad:

Adding...

Harris English +8000
Keith Mitchell +9000
Aaron Baddeley +11000
Zac Blair +25000

OK I gotta stop adding golfers now or I won't turn a profit ;)

LOL sucks Chambers Bay played like that for the Open, in general that's a course that should be played frequently on the tour

Adding...

Harris English +8000
Keith Mitchell +9000
Aaron Baddeley +11000
Zac Blair +25000

OK I gotta stop adding golfers now or I won't turn a profit ;)

I chanced these "cats & dogs" this week geauxgolfer

Charles Howell III 40-1
(12/492) 6th Farmers [-7] 4th OHL [-14] just 2 missed cuts this season
Satoshi Kodaira 80-1 (6.25/506.25) WON RBC [-12] (playoff) 28th Masters [even]
Keith Mitchell 80-1 (6.25/506.25) 6th Houston [-4] 2nd Corales [-14]
Andrew Putnam 80-1 (6.25/506.25) 8th Valero [-10] 5th Corales [-11]
Sam Saunders 100-1 (5/505) 9th Wells Fargo [-5] 8th CareerBuider [-18]
Abraham Ancer 125-1 (4/504) 8th Houston [-13]
Taylor Gooch 125-1 (4/504) 13th Wells Fargo [-4]
Hunter Mahan 125-1 (4/504) made last three cuts. course member
Alex Cejka 150-1 (4/604) 2nd Shriners [-9] (playoff)
Nate Lashley 150-1 (4/604) WON Corales last season as Web.com tourney [-20]
Richy Werenski 150-1 (4/604) 11th Valero [-9]

I really expect Spieth or Walker to win BUT I see NO value in their odds. figure Howell "Da Turd" is the best of the "long shots" :shake:

Don't necessarily know who but I really wouldn't be surprised if someone that either didn't do well or even play last week wins this thing, the ol' hangover effect after a big tournament

Kissed my sister. 1-1-1 last week

Tway(EVEN) vs Lovelady
Kodaira(+105) vs Huh
McNealy(+110) vs Saunders

Fun Bet: Keith Mitchell 1st round leader $10 pays $800 This guy goes low on Thursday.

Jimmy Walker +115 vs Hideki
J Walker -110 vs Branden Grace
Peter Uihlein +125 vs Snedeker

Interesting looking course, not a real big slope number, looks like wind is the main defense. Should be some low numbers this week.

And where is the "Forest"? Guess that sells better than Trinity Links.

Mickelson DROWNED the whole golf betting WORLD at the Players. top 10 finishes in 5 of his last 7 before last week including a WIN @ WGC-Mexico and he pulls THAT CRAP ??? :mad:
It was that stupid WorkDay long sleeve shirt that got him......I think Hossler worth a shot in this tournament.

Fairway and GIR percentages are way up. Looking like a tough tournament to analyze for the single round match ups later in the weekend if everyone is hitting greens and fairways

GOOD start first round on "fade Matsuyama" bets with him [+1] & 119th place while Grace [-5] and Walker [-5] thru #12 :)

actually have some of my "cats & dogs" in play. Keith Mitchell 80-1, Sam Saunders 100-1 and Abraham Ancer 125-1 all in the clubhouse @ [-6] one behind the leader Australian Marc Leishman [-7] thru #12 :pray:

GOOD start first round on "fade Matsuyama" bets with him [+1] & 119th place while Grace [-5] and Walker [-5] thru #12 :)

actually have some of my "cats & dogs" in play. Keith Mitchell 80-1, Sam Saunders 100-1 and Abraham Ancer 125-1 all in the clubhouse @ [-6] one behind the leader Australian Marc Leishman [-7] thru #12 :pray:

Nice start Rink. Coffee is for closers. Let's get it done.

Hokey Smoke!!! Marc Leishman in the clubhouse @ [-10] for a three shot lead over Jimmy Walker and JJ "the Spaun of the Devil". seven more @ [-6] including Ancer, Mitchell, Sanders, Wise and Uihlein. birdies definitely FLYING @ Trinity Forest first round :cool:

Going through the motions. He'll pop up at a major this year.
Players hangover? I just don't know how anyone gets up for this tournament other than Walker who's kinda on a comeback tour

Such sandwich tournaments between players and US Open

Could very well be. I doubt he's playing this week if the tournament was anywhere else in the states.

Is anyone seeing value in the afternoon match ups? Hahn over Murray looks interesting. Hahn has three mc's in a row and could really use a good tournament. Curious what the thoughts are out there...

watching Saturday I think it is gonna come down to Marc Leishman vs Aaron Wise Sunday, geauxgolfer. Leishman 3 birdie 1 bogie [-2] for tourney [-17] vs Wise 6 birdie 3 bogie [-3] for tourney [-17] BOTH with a four shot lead over tied 3rd Matthew Jones and Kevin Na. I am PULLING for Wise with an adjusted odds 6-1 "to win" BET and just because I like to see the "young guns" of the tour WIN (esp with good odds) :)

STILL "sweating" BOTH Jimmy Walker [-1] for tourney [-12] AND Branden Grace [-2] for [-10] over Hideki Matsuyama [even] for [-7] tourney match plays because that Japanese bugger shot a [-8] round Friday and I been getting "fourth round fukked" in recent tourneys. Jimmy really BONED having a GREAT 3rd round with a double on #18 :mad:

I decided that Wise would be my weekend warrior. Kicked myself for not getting a piece of his action before Friday’s round but didn’t make the same mistake this morning.

Let’s geaux Wise!

B81591E0-A546-45FD-A874-1A510D2004E3.jpeg

YOU got an all time bookie GOOD DEAL on Aaron Wise +410 after the 3rd round, GG BEST adjusted odds in Las Vegas is +160 @ William-Hill. trying to figure a way to somewhat "cover my ass" so chanced Marc Leishman +110 @ William Hill $70 to return $147. makes my total "to win" bets this week to $199.75 BUT at least covers the $30 Arron Wise $15, Ben Yag $12, Charles Howell III pre-tourney and $10 Jordan Spieth bets :cool:

I like Wise but I think Leishman gets it done.
I hate putting money on the favorite or the third round leader but I just took some more Leishman at even money. It may seem obvious but I really think it's a 2 man race.
Keith Mitchell would be my third choice.

I think I speak for the forum when I say I hope Hideki gets lost on his way to the course tomorrow

Back