Birmingham Bowl

ksimpsc

Pretty much a regular
I have not had a thread this season but have been trying to contribute where I can. Gamecocks got the Birmingham Bowl today against USF. Bulls coming into the game having won 4 straight after their 46-30 loss to Temple. Cocks coming into the game having finished the season 4-3 with Freshman QB Bentley taking the helm at the UMass game. The three losses are to UGA 28-14, Florida 20-7, Clemson A BILLION-7.

My thought is to want to back the Cocks on the spread now that Taggert has moved on but honestly I could see this going a lot of different ways. First bowl game under Muschamp so not really sure what to expect here. Our defense with extra time to prepare should be able to bottle up USF some. While I think Bentley will struggle some even against a weak USF defense.

My play U62.5 and may look for more as I go along. BOL to everyone today!

U62.5 1.5u
1H U31 2u
2team 7pt Cocks +17.5 U68
Cocks +10.5
Cocks +340 .5u & +126 .5u
1h usf -6.5 .5u
2H O31
Cocks O13.5 2h

Last edited:
Rain moved thru last night and windy damn day. Calling for NW 20 mph at kickoff. I think you're right and expect an inspired gamecock team to show up. Best of luck.

BOL Ksimpsc.
Thanks Tim same to you

Rain moved thru last night and windy damn day. Calling for NW 20 mph at kickoff. I think you're right and expect an inspired gamecock team to show up. Best of luck.
Thanks for the info on the weather John! Yes, I do expect the cocks to be motivated with Muschamps first bowl and the fact we are bowling at all and seriously would like to back them. Maybe I just have PTSD from the Clemson game and the last time I thought we had a coverable number haha.

Wind looks to be a factor as of now in 1H according to forecast I just looked at. I'm in Atlanta and it's howling pretty good right now and looks like from Birmingham all the way to Charlotte early afternoon could see 20+ MPH winds and high teens into evening. Gotta think the wind helps USCe here with as bad as the USF run D is and how they will want to slow down and ugly things up it takes away from one of USF's biggest edges which is being able to get the ball out to playmakers on the edge. Reports of USF players fighting one another in practice this week also - I think the loss of Taggart really hurts these guys and from that report I read it may be bad. Lotta ground game here combined with wind and I took U31.5-115 1H

Nice Crimson I may load another unit on that under with the weather report and all things considered. Yes, I do expect us to ugly this game up something awful. Very hard to cap teams losing a coach, especially one as good as Taggert. We saw how bad it hurt Houston but we saw how it did not matter at all for WKU. I am seriously eyeing the points and will check the game as best I can for the next while. Got to go into some meetings soon and one of them is going to last until about 2PM so I am hoping to skip out of that before the game starts.

Jumped aboard as well, GL to all of us it looks like, it almost makes too much sense :beer4:

Product of the weather and the South Carolina defense which has only given up over 30 points twice this season.

Well I told myself I was going to stay away because of my Clemson PTSD but I got to do it.

Cocks +10.5
Cocks +340 .5u

also upped units on unders some BOL today CTG

Not sure what you guys think but I feel the black unis with the mat black helmets are pretty hard looking.

Looks like offense might be hard for Carolina today and by the looks of it here, they are going to need to find some quick.

Looks like offense might be hard for Carolina today and by the looks of it here, they are going to need to find some quick.
Yea kind of wishing I had just faded them and had some feel good either way haha

The first quarter we were trying to bang dowdle up the middle and that crap just was not working. Bentley finished the half 15/16 completions for 200 yards and 2tds. I feel like coach realized he just needs to throw. With USFs pace should be a lot of opportunities for us to get two tds.

The only thing more "Gamecocks" to do than opening the game with an interception after recovering a fumble is fumbling on the 1.

Not really a fan of the play calling there in OT should have just stuck with Bentley and Debo but hey I had fun watching that game. I feel a hell of a lot better about the Gamecocks moving forward with Bentley having some experience under him.

i rode out the 2nd half over with u
man it was so hard to watch, seemed like they would never get the TD to get us over

Happy SC plus points came in. Got pretty damn excited there end of the 4th thinking the ML was in play. USF was up 18 at one point, went from completely forgetting about the ML and focusing on the cover to having everything in front of me unexpectedly. How about the USF dude trying to pick up the 4th down OT fumble and run? I lost by 13 on OT once. Shit can happen.

Back