BIG NHL NEWS

Smart to do the 2 network thing, with espn being the big dog

When you're on espn, they have a reason to feature you more on their shows, which helps build too

Espn+ is a big upgrade over peacock too for a streaming service, especially with that deal that they offer of disney+ with espn+, and I saw disney is over 100 million subs already, so even if espn is getting an extra fraction of those its helpful

Biggest thing, and I've always said this, is the talent. Either hire the right people, or just use the TSN studio team. ESPN owns like 40% of tsn already, so shouldn't be too difficult. NBC was smart with this getting Bobby mac in their studio shows, and bringing down guys like Ferraro, cuthbert, and miller on game calls. ESPN should do similar

Smart to do the 2 network thing, with espn being the big dog

When you're on espn, they have a reason to feature you more on their shows, which helps build too

Espn+ is a big upgrade over peacock too for a streaming service, especially with that deal that they offer of disney+ with espn+, and I saw disney is over 100 million subs already, so even if espn is getting an extra fraction of those its helpful

Biggest thing, and I've always said this, is the talent. Either hire the right people, or just use the TSN studio team. ESPN owns like 40% of tsn already, so shouldn't be too difficult. NBC was smart with this getting Bobby mac in their studio shows, and bringing down guys like Ferraro, cuthbert, and miller on game calls. ESPN should do similar

Bingo

Remember when they left ESPN the first time they went down to like 2-4 mins of coverage during SC.

Bingo

Remember when they left ESPN the first time they went down to like 2-4 mins of coverage during SC.
Yep, it will get time now, probably even this year slowly rising since espn knows it's coming now

But its gonna start getting segments on first take stuff like that too

The big thing will be bringing in someone or a few people to be the face of it, like Melrose was, well known former player

Someone like patrick sharp would be good, hes already really good on tv on nbc.

Yep, it will get time now, probably even this year slowly rising since espn knows it's coming now

But its gonna start getting segments on first take stuff like that too

The big thing will be bringing in someone or a few people to be the face of it, like Melrose was, well known former player

Someone like patrick sharp would be good, hes already really good on tv on nbc.
I hope we get Stephen A’s thots on all things NHL

You hockey folk still watch ESPN or whatever for anything? God if I saw SAS on my tv I'd kick it

You hockey folk still watch ESPN or whatever for anything? God if I saw SAS on my tv I'd kick it
I dont want espn unless it’s already on or live sports.
I’ll never watch any shows on espn unless they do a strictly hockey centric show.

Back