Australian Open 2018

HALEP IS DEF not 100%.. surprising just heard BG say joker had option of night match but chose to play monfils during day.... figures he can wear em down but joker has had some issues in heat

Yeah Noles, that ankle twist looked bad the other night, not to mention whatever else was wrong w her hamstring or leg as well. If she plays the way she did vs that 17 year old it’ll go over.

Monfils is known to wilt in the heat too. Dude always cramps but I think we see a long match here

Yeah lol

Never have understood how these players roll in to Aussie without doing everything they can the previous month to get a base tan and skin acclimated at least a little. I realize some just burn but can still condition the skin somewhat so it's not just overwhelming

Lol put me in the category that just burns. I can put on spf 90000 and I’ll burn. I used to love playing in the heat tho, just gotta hydrate, get those electrolytes in and then it’s just a battle of will, who is gonna wilt

Yeah tennis a bit different obv but learned long ago here the days of drinking and golf in the Summer were over...lotsa water, hit the damn ball and get back to the cart asap and it's not awful even in 115 degrees....the alcohol, not a great idea that time of year

Not sure I could make it 18 holes in S Florida in the summer tho, hell I couldn't even sit outside for an hour

The problem w the roof is it’s unfair to the rest of the players on other courts if you use it on one court but not the others. Unless you’re gonna suspend play on all other courts

The problem w the roof is it’s unfair to the rest of the players on other courts if you use it on one court but not the others. Unless you’re gonna suspend play on all other courts
They laid out the excessive heat rules and need to enforce at this point

Getting these up for tomorrow

Schwartzman +110 over dolgo

Seppi -160 over Ivo. Think those 2 5 setters and the heat lead to Ivo’s demise

Kanepi/Suarez Navarro over 20.5

I am still angry that Bencic didn't show up for her second round match. She should have breezed to the qtrs with that joke of a draw.

Got bailed out on those Monfils wagers with the rest of them. That was hard to watch. Just gonna dink and dunk for now tonight.

ATP

Mannarino/Thiem u37.5 -108
Muller/Carreno-Busta o39 -114 med
Rublev/Grigor o39 -113
Ivo/Seppi o42 -111 med

WTA

Allertova ML -163
Svitolina/Kostyuk u17.5 -102
Rybarikova ML -120 big
Ostapenko ML -143 big

Last edited:
Got bailed out on those Monfils wagers with the rest of them. That was hard to watch. Just gonna dink and dunk for now tonight.

ATP

Mannarino/Thiem u37.5 -108
Muller/Carreno-Busta -114 med
Rublev/Grigor o39 -113
Ivo/Seppi o42 -111 med

WTA

Allertova ML -163
Svitolina/Kostyuk u17.5 -102
Rybarikova ML -120 big
Ostapenko ML -143 big

I’ll be on Osty but that the late match lol

Yeah it's middle of the night for me, probly sleep and half hear it at times

PCB over 39, just noticed I didn't put that in there

No chance I’ll stay up and watch tonight either. Gotta see how the early plays go first. Really like Seppi tonight. Ivo playing 2 5 setters and the heat. I think he wilts tonight.

Nice Rublev survived that set. Needed him to get one for the over and he looked like toast not long ago

I don’t see it going 5, 4 max, but wouldn’t be shocked for a straight set win. Ivo serving to start 2nd is big for you. He has to keep holding serve bc I don’t see him having many chances on seppi’s serve

Back