Aussie Open 2021 in-game

yea well they gotta talk about something.... he was def lethargic and could not muster the energy... looked like he had the case of sea legs.....

Just woke up a half hour ago, he's looked fine so far, Milos been trying to play the hurt game more than him but it's all BS

Nothing looked remotely hurt in that match

Wish Tsitsi was in that part of the draw

Joker still pressing on after how if it wasnt a major he would have withdrew and how he on major pain killers n the damage is definitely getting worse... i mean this guy is something else... he fooled me I thought he was toast how he looked but tonight he was basically 100% i didnt see any hinder movement.. it did look in 4th maybe the pain killers were wearing off he did look to be hampered but he coulda been playin to TV n milos

Kyrgios still pressing on in interviews his love for novak.... even walked onto court last night doing joker love celebration move

Nothing looked remotely hurt in that match

Wish Tsitsi was in that part of the draw
Milos doesn’t have the game to test that injury. He bombs big serves and Novak knows when to try for a return and when not to exert himself. Off the ground Raonic can’t stretch him out w angles and test his lateral movement.

Milos doesn’t have the game to test that injury. He bombs big serves and Novak knows when to try for a return and when not to exert himself. Off the ground Raonic can’t stretch him out w angles and test his lateral movement.
Guess I think the core strength to return hot service is insane and he looked like it was irrelevant on those returns today

Guess I think the core strength to return hot service is insane and he looked like it was irrelevant on those returns today
As a former player, it is, but a lot of the really wide serves he wasn’t fully stretching out for which obviously saves the oblique issue some. I feel like he’s gonna focus on trying to hold serve and manage his return games and really lock in on one or two a set but if it’s a quick 30-0, 40-0 he’s not gonna exert much

As a former player, it is, but a lot of the really wide serves he wasn’t fully stretching out for which obviously saves the oblique issue some. I feel like he’s gonna focus on trying to hold serve and manage his return games and really lock in on one or two a set but if it’s a quick 30-0, 40-0 he’s not gonna exert much
Makes sense, he was clearly on the right end of predicting the serve a ton. Like a good poker player, stay a step ahead but I also think that's what has made the elite players elite for years. There's a reason big serve guys don't win, return of service is the great skill and a lot of that is anticipation.

Makes sense, he was clearly on the right end of predicting the serve a ton. Like a good poker player, stay a step ahead but I also think that's what has made the elite players elite for years. There's a reason big serve guys don't win, return of service is the great skill and a lot of that is anticipation.
Very rare for a big server to have a good return game bc they usually come up the ranks hardly having to work on one bc they hold serve all day and really just need to get lucky one return game and a set is over. Usually it’s big serve, big forehand or big serve and volley. The guys with the best returns are the ones without the huge serve bc they drill groundies and returns all day

Reactions: KJ
i mean the big 3 all hit serves in the 125-130 range if they want.. Murray Fed can all touch 125-130 on the regular.. joker in the 120s... rafa too.... they just hit their spots more so than not l...milos body breaks down so he cant have a game style that wears u down most of the bomb servers lack elite athleticism ... only few players r touching 130+ on the regular

i mean the big 3 all hit serves in the 125-130 range if they want.. Murray Fed can all touch 125-130 on the regular.. joker in the 120s... rafa too.... they just hit their spots more so than not l...milos body breaks down so he cant have a game style that wears u down most of the bomb servers lack elite athleticism ... only few players r touching 130+ on the regular
All valid points. You’re not right. My point was those guys like rafa, Murray, fed they weren’t blowing guys off the court w their serve coming up in juniors or collegiate tennis so they were more focused on all aspects of the game, return being one, so when they turned pro they already had that skill set. Guys like Milos, Ivo, Isner, etc would win those matches as teens strictly on serving. No other skill was necessary thus it wasn’t practiced as much or developed until they turned pro when they are already a step behind and trying to work on a return game at the pro level trying to acquire that skill

All valid points. You’re not right. My point was those guys like rafa, Murray, fed they weren’t blowing guys off the court w their serve coming up in juniors or collegiate tennis so they were more focused on all aspects of the game, return being one, so when they turned pro they already had that skill set. Guys like Milos, Ivo, Isner, etc would win those matches as teens strictly on serving. No other skill was necessary thus it wasn’t practiced as much or developed until they turned pro when they are already a step behind and trying to work on a return game at the pro level trying to acquire that skill
Aghh we can agree to disagree.... i dont know what those guys looked like as teens and how they played but in my experience playing as a jr the top jrs all had big serves for their age and a monster ground stroke weapon.... i would think the bigger ATP players milos isner KA of the world just blew kids off court regardless cuz they were bigger as teens not necessarily better players and when the better players matured it evened out... tennis players mature differently just looks at some of the players who were top Jrs in world but struggle on tour

Not sure how Serena beats osaka.... she really struggles with the top tier players now who can control her power and have alot of variety.. Naomi has serious pace plus a serve and is a great mover.... Serena just has too many dips in a match.... last night she beat Sabalenka but she def loses to osaka and Mugu .... osaka has looked vulnerable though... would need a vintage serena performance... one thing i will say is this is the best shape she has been in and i still think Wimbledon gives her beat shot

Aghh we can agree to disagree.... i dont know what those guys looked like as teens and how they played but in my experience playing as a jr the top jrs all had big serves for their age and a monster ground stroke weapon.... i would think the bigger ATP players milos isner KA of the world just blew kids off court regardless cuz they were bigger as teens not necessarily better players and when the better players matured it evened out... tennis players mature differently just looks at some of the players who were top Jrs in world but struggle on tour
But you have to agree that in our lifetimes outside of Pete, the best players in the world, sustainable at the top, have been insane at return of serve no? I mean that's been the difference between good and great...hell even Stan has a bit of a return game.

Hell I'll take it a step further HUNT, Milos serve is maybe 75% of what it was at his peak. It was obvious that Joker was reading it well, the returns were great but somewhat predictable.

Osaka is better and will thrash her. The key to beating Serena is to play steady tennis and make the cow move as much as possible. Osaka can not only match the firepower but she can cover the court a lot better.

I agree. Both Osaka and barty can take Serena. Both have the fitness and serve power to wear her down.

But you have to agree that in our lifetimes outside of Pete, the best players in the world, sustainable at the top, have been insane at return of serve no? I mean that's been the difference between good and great...hell even Stan has a bit of a return game.
i mean there is usually something that will seperate them from the rest..... joker murray nadal fed are great returners.... nadal i believe has the best break back % their is.... but its also tough to compare these guys to anyone else ... i think Fed/nadal/joker are the 3 greatest EVER... joker defensive and gumby like reflexes are insane, Fed has every shot in the bag plus more and could be the best spot server ever.. Nadal is the greatest competitor and mentally toughest player ever on top of the greatest clay courter..... but yes the top 10 guys usually break and have the mental fortitude to play there game in the toughest moments

milos cant ever beat joker.... styles make fights and tennis is no different...Milos would have to bash the ball from the baseline over and over like a stan can do and milos is game is 0% like that... Joker gets a read on his serve and his serve n volley game is perfect for joker... and flip it joker can just move milos side to side and be a backboard and milos has 0 answer

Berratinni could have a half chance but hes not 100% so cant touch em... Rublev n Rafa should roll imo.... mertens n barty

Back