Astros vs. Rays ALCS Discussion Thread

Glasnow vs Cole

Glasnow on 2 days rest...he hasn’t pitched on fewer than 4 days rest since he was a reliever for Pit in 2018.

Cole on 3 days rest...he hasn’t ever started a game in MLB on less than the traditional 4 days rest.

TB+136/NYY-160 with Over set at 7-7.5

I took the over. I think it may be a blow out one way or another but I could be wrong. I just can't pick the team. TB won the division, so you'd think the winner of the division should be favored, but they aren't. I guess the way I would put it would be if the Dodgers were underdogs to the Padres even though the Dodgers won the divison.
TB is also the home team as favorite. So wondering the Book has it wrong, or if they have it set up that way...because Yankees lol.

Blake Snell vs TBD in Game 1
I heard Snell v Montas.

I’m super suspicious of snell anymore. Either he is hurt or is pitching to not get hurt. He had to tell cash that either he didn’t or couldn’t pitch in game 5. Bizarre. Snell is now auto go against for me.
Edit: damn it Valdez is pitching. No A’s pitcher going.

McCullers got smacked by a pretty weak OAK lineup last time out and has been all over the place with injury

How will Stros fair against glastnow when they don’t know what pitch he throwing??? I know they claim wasn’t any cheating last year and this was before I knew bout it I swore in game 5 glastnow had to be tipping pitches cause he was painting with 100mph and throwing that filthy hook and Stros were all over it! There no chance in hell they didn’t know what was coming that game! Nobody will ever convince me different. His stuff was electric, there just no fuckin way they were barreling up everyone on him in that game. Something fishy was going on, I’d bet my life on it!!

I rolled with glastnow -140 which way higher than a wanted. We see what this kid made of!! If it me I’m dying to get a crack at these dudes when they don’t know what pitch I’m throwing!!! More importantly greinke sucks and just think Rays are bout to send these cheaters back home since none of us want to see them!!!!

You still feeling good @2daBank ?
I never trip off line moves. It just money. I’ve always been stubborn enough to believe I cap just as well as anyone else with enough money to drive lines. To be clear I never been super confident in this game or series. I’m just taking the pitcher I like more who should have a chip on his shoulder for way Stros crushed him in game 5 last year.. Greinke just doesn’t have strikeout stuff so don’t think he a tough matchup for rays.

I don’t think baseball has any interest in Stros being in the WS either. For whatever that worth? Glastnow should get a nice zone and Greinke might be somewhat tight!!! Does mlb really want the cheating brought back up?

it has been brought up in the last three games i have watched. I cant see stros getting swept. If they do my mortgage is on LA

it has been brought up in the last three games i have watched. I cant see stros getting swept. If they do my mortgage is on LA

lad not beating Braves. Don’t let this obvious one fool you. Lad gonna have to beat fried to beat breves and I don’t think they can!

Why all the disrespect for Tampa. They are so good and smart at how they play! They built to win in this day and age. Stros should get swept. I think lad or Braves much rather see Stros than Tampa. Remember Tampa knocked off the darling yanks everyone thought was unstoppable!!!

There no god damn way Arozarena went on that pitch, that 1st base ump should get punched in the face cheating piece of crap. Anyone wanna lie and say he went around there? Sorry ass ump just as big a cheater as the Stros. Pos.

A bomb would be justice here. Meet me after the Game 1st base ump. You a disgrace!! Know god damn well no way he went around.

How will Stros fair against glastnow when they don’t know what pitch he throwing??? I know they claim wasn’t any cheating last year and this was before I knew bout it I swore in game 5 glastnow had to be tipping pitches cause he was painting with 100mph and throwing that filthy hook and Stros were all over it! There no chance in hell they didn’t know what was coming that game! Nobody will ever convince me different. His stuff was electric, there just no fuckin way they were barreling up everyone on him in that game. Something fishy was going on, I’d bet my life on it!!

supposedly they weren't cheating for that one, Glasnow had his glove in a different position for the curve vs fastball and as a two-pitch guy they could sit on it as if they heard a trash can being banged in the dugout

supposedly they weren't cheating for that one, Glasnow had his glove in a different position for the curve vs fastball and as a two-pitch guy they could sit on it as if they heard a trash can being banged in the dugout

I feel like brewers must have got something similar on flaherty!! No chance in hell that garbage lineup just crushes him when I could pitch 5 shutout innings if asked vs them! He clearly has a tell milw knows bout and ain’t sharing! Lol. Man I sure thought that game was tied in 9th when that ball that died at wall got hit :(

seems like TB was fortunate to jump out to the 3-0 series lead, but certainly are the better team. I just wish there was a chance for me to get TB dogged in this series, i just don't see that possible in a bullpen game or Snell vs Valdez so i'm just looking forward to the Astros getting sent packing and for TB to have as much rest as possible for whomever emerges from the NL

I'm not going to get cute. Just Astros.

Yesterday I split the alt -1.5/+240 and ml +125.

Maybe do that again but im.not going to worry about total

I'm not going to get cute. Just Astros.

Yesterday I split the alt -1.5/+240 and ml +125.

Maybe do that again but im.not going to worry about total

I just cannot see this rays team blowing a 3-0!! I’ve lived this team for years and they finally at the threshold of making it happen! I can’t believe they gonna let this chance disappear to these cheating fucks!!

I just cannot see this rays team blowing a 3-0!! I’ve lived this team for years and they finally at the threshold of making it happen! I can’t believe they gonna let this chance disappear to these cheating fucks!!
Dude, I hate the Astros too!

I think they win game 6.

I'm betting Ray's game 7 on principle regardless.

I might have hard time laying off over today

Dude, I hate the Astros too!

I think they win game 6.

I'm betting Ray's game 7 on principle regardless.

I might have hard time laying off over today

I don’t even hate them. I’ve always been a “if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying kinda guy”. Matter a fact If I bet on a team I prefer they do everything in their power to win (like the pats!). I am a Rays fan tho and I just can’t see them letting this series continue going, I dunno I’m capping in the parking lot!! Lol.

I need Braves to announce a starter so I can get a line before I fuckin leave here!!!!

I don’t even hate them. I’ve always been a “if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying kinda guy”. Matter a fact If I bet on a team I prefer they do everything in their power to win (like the pats!). I am a Rays fan tho and I just can’t see them letting this series continue going, I dunno I’m capping in the parking lot!! Lol.

I need Braves to announce a starter so I can get a line before I fuckin leave here!!!!
Your baseball knowledge and passion is so awesome. I agree with all of that.

LFG!

I played Ff under 4 and Johnny I let you talk me into Stros somehow!! They really have hit snell and the kid pitching for Stros has shown real stones!!

Your baseball knowledge and passion is so awesome. I agree with all of that.

LFG!

you saved me on this one bro. I really was leaning Tampa but couldn’t ignore how that Stros pitcher appears to have ice in his veins and Stros success vs Snell!! Took me from losing this game to cashing a nice parlay by convincing me to jump sides!! I really appreciate you getting me onto the right side of this one!!!!

Hard not to look at the astros. The rays lineup is brutal. Lowe should be on the bench. He can’t hit a breaking pitch. Diaz is ice cold or blind or something. The only guys that can hit atm are arozarena, Choi & Margot.
Per the norm, it’s all about pitching. If the rays can hold the astros under 3, should be enough.

Lance was so much better than Chuck last time out. An error led to a lock box 3 R HR and that was the game. Morton had base runners on every inning.

Always nervous when backing McCullers but it’s gotta be stros or no play for me. Tb not hitting and they burned Castillo so early yesterday and he got hit, don’t see them putting him in for save, likely Anderson or Fairbanks.

Always nervous when backing McCullers but it’s gotta be stros or no play for me. Tb not hitting and they burned Castillo so early yesterday and he got hit, don’t see them putting him in for save, likely Anderson or Fairbanks.

I can’t believe this scrappy ass rays team gonna blow A 3-0 series lead ! Matchups be damned it Just don’t feel like it should happen!! I’m just leaving it alone. Got few more ncaa games I can find some winners on I think. Ya’ll can have this! Luckily for me the Braves game wasnt on board when I went to book to bet ncaa!! Lol

I ended up with rays. I just couldn’t believe they would give up a 3-0 lead to these cheaters.

Kills me Arozarena coulda been cards 2-3 hoke hitter for next decade., we great finding pitchers. We terrible evaluating outfield talent.
Nice bro. Looks solid.
Yeah. He’s kinda come out of nowhere.

Nice bro. Looks solid.
Yeah. He’s kinda come out of nowhere.

I liked him here when we see him in spring but they never give him a chance. Kinda like Pham, and voit. But we just keep giving losers like O’Neil, bader, and lane thomas chances! We love them!! Even gruchuk blossomed when he got out of here. I’ll never understand why we gave up so much for Ozuna and he hated it here. Most guys love it but we up tight and didn’t like him having personality, being late for pointless meetings, getting fat In winter. So fucjing what, long as guy hits who cares? Who only play hard ass wit the guys who don’t have a .950 ops!! You sport a .959 ops you can be a goofball all you want! “Cardinal way” ain’t meant shit in. Years!

Back