ALCS Discussion -- Astros vs Rangers --

If the rotation is consistent, and there's no reason to believe it would change

The best under ump in the land is behind the plate for game 4 tonight

If the rotation is consistent, and there's no reason to believe it would change

The best under ump in the land is behind the plate for game 4 tonight

I think he be a potentially way bigger help to Urquidy than Heaney. Dunning must be hurt? I’d think he be a much better pitcher to use w a large k zone.

Reactions: KJ
Just said this in wrong thread but dunning must be hurt? He would def be the guy I’d go to with a bigger k-zone. Maybe he piggy backs Heaney?

No surprise on the runs yesterday. In the last 7 games in Arlington Houston has scored 74 of them.

Even facing Montgomery fade them at your own risk today.

Can't get back to Houston soon enough.

Last edited:
Almost a 50 cent adjustment from G1 to G5...

Mont has been nails. Might lose the farm on the Rangers.

No surprise on the runs yesterday. In the last 7 games in Arlington Houston has scored 74 of them.

Even facing Montgomery fade them at your own risk today.

Can't get back to Houston soon enough.

Man I wish we woulda got Eddings behind the plate today instead of last night where I was pretty confident he would have no effect on Stros offense, if Montgomery gets a big zone I would feel pretty good trusting him to go 6 innings and hold them to 2-3 runs! I know we kinda gotta take his game 1 performance w a grain of salt since it was in houston where they oddly don’t hit! That said before cards traded him to ya’ll he had a pretty dominating performance against Stros in stl earlier this year so we have seen him succeed against them in a different park, Busch is rather pitcher friendly but still like the idea he held them down on the road where they were great most the year. Funny enough maldanodo was the only houston player in todays game that got a extra base hit off him as he went yard!

Stros already got the 2 games I was super confident they would win here, I’m torn today: I lean to both pitchers out totals over 16.5., I can’t find any Stros who have hit Montgomery hard in their careers. Even in this park and way they going I feel like he is very capable of going 6 innings and only giving up 2-3 runs. Maybe the flood gates open after he leaves but I can’t see him getting ran early from this game. Stros Ff team total is only freaking 1.5 but -160 to the over, I don’t think I can lay that with how good Montgomery been??

How has JV fared here?

Man I wish we woulda got Eddings behind the plate today instead of last night where I was pretty confident he would have no effect on Stros offense, if Montgomery gets a big zone I would feel pretty good trusting him to go 6 innings and hold them to 2-3 runs! I know we kinda gotta take his game 1 performance w a grain of salt since it was in houston where they oddly don’t hit! That said before cards traded him to ya’ll he had a pretty dominating performance against Stros in stl earlier this year so we have seen him succeed against them in a different park, Busch is rather pitcher friendly but still like the idea he held them down on the road where they were great most the year. Funny enough maldanodo was the only houston player in todays game that got a extra base hit off him as he went yard!

Stros already got the 2 games I was super confident they would win here, I’m torn today: I lean to both pitchers out totals over 16.5., I can’t find any Stros who have hit Montgomery hard in their careers. Even in this park and way they going I feel like he is very capable of going 6 innings and only giving up 2-3 runs. Maybe the flood gates open after he leaves but I can’t see him getting ran early from this game. Stros Ff team total is only freaking 1.5 but -160 to the over, I don’t think I can lay that with how good Montgomery been??

How has JV fared here?

Out squad back on.

Bombing Monty O 16.5.

If he looks sharp first batter or 2, I'll bomb Rangers -110.

How has JV fared here?

Last 4 starts at Texas: 27 IP, 5 ER
Last start at Texas was in September: 7 IP, 1 ER
Last 10 starts vs. Texas (overall): 8-1, 1.67 ERA

Yeah, tough.

thinking I’m willing to play both JV amd Montgomery outs. Like those better than the 1st 5 under 4.5. Both pitchers could give up 2-3 runs and as long they come on a few bombs and no inning where a lineup batting around I just don’t see either manager looking to go to the pen unless they have to, especially bochey, no way he wants to have to get thru 4+ innings of pen, that would spell doom!

thinking I’m willing to play both JV amd Montgomery outs. Like those better than the 1st 5 under 4.5. Both pitchers could give up 2-3 runs and as long they come on a few bombs and no inning where a lineup batting around I just don’t see either manager looking to go to the pen unless they have to, especially bochey, no way he wants to have to get thru 4+ innings of pen, that would spell doom!

Both F5 and both pitcher outs are solid imo.

I keep forgetting it's at Texas, might as well be Houston with how they play there.

Oh if it was. In houston I’d love the Ff under and be unloading on Montgomery outs! Crazy how much worse Stros hit at home this year

Not overthinking this one - played Houston down 2-0 at +350 and going to continue to play them every game until the end of the series. Throw everything else out the window - they have the experience, and they mash in this park.

Not overthinking this one - played Houston down 2-0 at +350 and going to continue to play them every game until the end of the series. Throw everything else out the window - they have the experience, and they mash in this park.

Im
Playing them here. Dunno bout when they go back to Houston. I’d prob pass today with your series bet cause imo this game decides the series. I don’t believe Stros can win 6 and 7 at home

I played

Both pitchers ov 16.5 outs

Stros ml

Dubon ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

Abreu 2+ total bases

Abreu just in a great spot between the 2 lefties they keep serving up lhp to him!!

Dubon hot and way better vs lhp.

The pitchers are just must plays to go 5.2 innings at low prices.

Im
Playing them here. Dunno bout when they go back to Houston. I’d prob pass today with your series bet cause imo this game decides the series. I don’t believe Stros can win 6 and 7 at home

Agreed, definitely slightly reckless considering the series bet, however, I hedged today with the Rangers to win the series to cover my bet.

GL

Hudson should be behind the plate today, used to be a decent over guy. Mooch in AZ tonight, another one good for unders there.

Thinking about taking something on Bregman after that AB, he's locked. Not sure he gets to face Montgomery a third time though.

Glad I took the get on base prop for Bregman after chewing on the hit prop that AB, Monty didn't want to go down that road again

Jfc Alvarez so tough. Just need the one damn out and ya can’t get him. Fouled off some great pitches then a hit. Dude a beast. Cmon Montgomery. 1 stinking out then Stros can bust it open!

Back