ALCS Discussion -- Astros vs Rangers --

Is there any question what the play is tonight?

Eovaldi ov 15.5 outs +115

Can’t believe this crazy shit and he plus money?!???? Is there really some jerkoff out there betting these unders? I have no idea how they get away w this other than the fact I don’t have nearly enough money to make them pay like they should be for these horribly lined out totals all through the playoffs!! They would never put these guys below a juiced to over 17.5 in reg season but now when they pitching for their seasons they lower them? Unless we talking bout a perennial choker like Kershaw most these dudes you can count on way more in playoffs than a meaningless regular season game!! Just like wheeler, Eovaldi has proven time and again during his career he shows up biggest in these kind of moments!!

Last edited:
Bochy is a weird dude

Stayed down the street from the Giants hotel in 2014 during the WS, walking distance to the fun and games. Saw him on a morning coffee stroll and a kid came up wanting an autograph, Bruce literally brushed him aside. It was a bad look. But inside I kinda knew that's what I would want to do too. Crazy how much these guys go through by the hour just to get some tranquility.

Both he and Montgomery threw 82 pitches Friday so in the same boat of availability. Montgomery is 10 years younger but I'm sure they'll both be available.

The big question is Abreu. His appeals hearing is Monday. If the suspension is upheld, he'll sit tomorrow night.

Both he and Montgomery threw 82 pitches Friday so in the same boat of availability. Montgomery is 10 years younger but I'm sure they'll both be available.

The big question is Abreu. His appeals hearing is Monday. If the suspension is upheld, he'll sit tomorrow night.
The Abreu thing is such an MLB drama, they just basically roasted it on the set

Why do they need to wait until tomorrow to announce it? Queens...

Is there any question what the play is tonight?

Eovaldi ov 15.5 outs +115

Can’t believe this crazy shit and he plus money?!???? Is there really some jerkoff out there betting these unders? I have no idea how they get away w this other than the fact I don’t have nearly enough money to make them pay like they should be for these horribly lined out totals all through the playoffs!! They would never put these guys below a juiced to over 17.5 in reg season but now when they pitching for their seasons they lower them? Unless we talking bout a perennial choker like Kershaw most these dudes you can count on way more in playoffs than a meaningless regular season game!! Just like wheeler, Eovaldi has proven time and again during his career he shows up biggest in these kind of moments!!
I had to read this twice. I was wrapped up with my own kid’s baseball games. Well done that’s crazy price

Max was NOT good. But I expected a lot of rust. How are his #s in this park?

The velocity on his fastball was very good. His slider had no movement and that's what got him in trouble. As a Rangers fan, the most comforting thing I heard post-game last Wednesday from Scherzer after his start: "I know what I need to fix and I'm going to be fine." The reality is that he hasn't been good, overall, in playoffs of late.

The Astros are the better team, just not in that park. Adds more intrigue to the entire thing. Rangers will play loose and easy tonight. Astros with all the pressure.

All that said, I have absolutely no feel how this will turn out.

What a G7 we got. Javier has been great going against the HOF’er that just got shelled

Shit I usually don’t drink on Mondays but that might get broken
It's the best day to drink so that you forget it's actually Monday. Next thing you know the PGA guys are teeing off and it's the weekend!

The velocity on his fastball was very good. His slider had no movement and that's what got him in trouble. As a Rangers fan, the most comforting thing I heard post-game last Wednesday from Scherzer after his start: "I know what I need to fix and I'm going to be fine." The reality is that he hasn't been good, overall, in playoffs of late.

The Astros are the better team, just not in that park. Adds more intrigue to the entire thing. Rangers will play loose and easy tonight. Astros with all the pressure.

Capping a game 7 is futile

Best to just live bet situations

Yup and yup.

The latter was really good theatre. Think we can all agree on that.
Yeah I'm really at the point that emotion might be getting in the way of smart betting

So desperately want the Astros to lose that this stuff is fogging the brain

And don't even get me started on the NLCS lol. I often find that betting against the Snakes when it makes sense is pretty easy. But I also find fading Nola to be easy as well. Probably best to sign up for the DraftKings cool down for 24 hours where they won't let you log in

As I've stated, Juan Gonzalez is my childhood hero. So I have a soft spot for the Rangers. I really hope they can pull it out and wash us all of the STD that is the Astros for a bit...

As I've stated, Juan Gonzalez is my childhood hero. So I have a soft spot for the Rangers. I really hope they can pull it out and wash us all of the STD that is the Astros for a bit...
I’m in a real fucked up spot here. As y’all know the Rangers kinda became my “2nd” team. I know that’s terrible pussy bullshit but the Yankees piss me off so fuxking bad. We get every game on Ballys for last feels like 5-7 years maybe more since they pulled Astros coverage here. So I’ve seen the shitshow for years.

I’m going to Houston next weekend and WS tickets could be a reality….I hate the fucking Astros but the plug for the tickets and i go way back and this lady is a huge Stros fan. Bitch said I better be a Stros fan tonight lol.

I’m fucked

I’m in a real fucked up spot here. As y’all know the Rangers kinda became my “2nd” team. I know that’s terrible pussy bullshit but the Yankees piss me off so fuxking bad. We get every game on Ballys for last feels like 5-7 years maybe more since they pulled Astros coverage here. So I’ve seen the shitshow for years.

I’m going to Houston next weekend and WS tickets could be a reality….I hate the fucking Astros but the plug for the tickets and i go way back and this lady is a huge Stros fan. Bitch said I better be a Stros fan tonight lol.

I’m fucked
If you go to the Series just test your acting ability

I got laid off after 9/11, Snakes WS against Yanks was how I paid the bills. Getting lucky enough to get tickets and sell at a massive profit. All I cared about was being able to go to the games as well. G6 I had 12 tickets, used 2 for me and a bud, rest were all sold on Ebay to Yanks fans at 4x face roughly. Nothing better than sitting with them and watching them leave in the 6th (it was a blowout).

Always go to the games regardless your allegiance. No sport does their grand finale the way baseball does. Not even close.

I think for the most part his playoff issue has been he older and fatigued by this point, don’t think he a choker by any stretch, if you recall when he got traded to lad he was going deep every start in august and sept, I thought it was pretty stupid at the time why burn out in reg season? If anything that shouldn’t be a issue here, I do think his velo was a pretty promising sign, tough to say whether or not he gonna be able to figure the feel out for slider or not? I expect he be better than last but that could mean more pitches to get thru? Super tough to say, I havnt looked yet but if they put his outs less than 15 I’ll be tempted. Can’t imagine they have him higher than 13-14.

Also when will MLB actually change the formula for a starting pitcher to get a win? The game has evolved to where complete games/shutouts are near obsolete, a starter really isn't expected to go more than 6 innings anymore. That archaic rule that you need to go 5 to get the stat is ludicrous. Should change it to 3 innings or once through the lineup.

Very tough number to play with. Rather it was 15.5

lol. I kinda had same thought cause I would have passed. I think he a must play at 13.5,, I mean why not? Not gonna bet as much I have been putting on the wheeler/Eovaldi/ or kelly-gallen gm 1-2 but I gotta play it, we running out these chances! Even if he doesn’t have his slider feel back I think he can go this far with just his fastball. Def wouldn’t have played him to go past 5 cause if he doesn’t have the slider I assume he gonna have to walk some guys but think he be able to navigate couple times around the order. Let’s face it Stros ain’t been hitting at home anything like in other parks either. I think he goes 5, im actually liking 13.5 more than 14.5 tho cause that bout the time I’d say it could get tricky!

Also when will MLB actually change the formula for a starting pitcher to get a win? The game has evolved to where complete games/shutouts are near obsolete, a starter really isn't expected to go more than 6 innings anymore. That archaic rule that you need to go 5 to get the stat is ludicrous. Should change it to 3 innings or once through the lineup.

I disagree, you are not a huge contributor in getting that win if you don’t go 5 imo. There 100 kids in the minors who could get thru a lineup once, the biggest difference between legit starters is the fact they have the stuff/ability to get thru a lineup multiple times. A totally washed waino was able to get thru a lineup once lot of times this year but he had to throw everything he had to do so, you can usually see it with the ones who have very little chance to get thru a 2nd time, I don’t think those types should be allowed to amass cheap wins.

Think we kinda disagree on this but the standard will and should remain 5+, a teams pen will never survive a season with a bunch of starters leaving after 3-4 innings.

Some good dudes on that team. Resiliency has defined them the entire season. Roller coaster doesn't begin to define it.

Just have to seal the deal in the WS. Won't be easy. Never is. 2011 still reverberates.

Last edited:
The Garcia story was and still is amazing. Cardinals sold him to the Rangers for some petty cash at the end of 2019. Rangers gave up on him in Feb. 21. But all other 29 teams let him clear waivers. Rangers gave him another chance, invited to spring training and it took off from there

Back