**** 2024 Olympics In- Game Thread ****

Chick just said "if you know anything about Hungarian water polo" and I'm fairly certain not one person watching this knows a damn thing about Hungarian water polo

Seriously that word salad Wade just spewed about Orlyniik put me in headache mode

I ran the quarter and the mile relay. Occasionally the half mile.
Never in my life have I seen a mixed 4x400.
When did this come together?
That pic of them celebrating the world record is pretty hilarious. Is it even on the books as a record when it's the first time anyone's ever seen that race?

I ran the quarter and the mile relay. Occasionally the half mile.
Never in my life have I seen a mixed 4x400.
When did this come together?
They have to catch up with the thousand swimming events all contested by the same 40 people. The 50, 100, 150, 200…backstroke, breaststroke, beard stroke….drink a shot every 100 meters, grab a diving ring off the bottom, etc. etc.

This stain of an Olympics was just saved by the greatest athlete of all time putting on a show for no money but gold.

Cub liked my post and I stand by everything I said in it

I do not remotely think this person is a male. Born with a uterus. I'm not sure how to classify someone that is born like that but we live in a world that needs classification. That's what we do. By every definition outside of angry white people, she is a she. The real question is why has it come to this? I mean, it's a female. Who has fought a bunch of female fights to qualify for the Olympics. Where do we stop? Because you're angry? Seems like that won't stick. Testosterone makes someone a male? Have fun with a ton of women that have testosterone levels.

I feel terrible for this person. SHE's been degraded by so many dumbfucks that if she wins a medal it will be tarnished by perceptions. Put yourself in her shoes. No one on here dares. The narrative is out there...hope she gets a medal.

And I'm really uncomfortable with virtually all of it. This ain't the right one to go after. I feel incredibly awful for her.

US down 11 at the half and they’re still -269 on the ML, and are -4.5(-20) for the game.

Last time they trailed at the half was last Olympics against Australia…they were down 3 and ended up winning by 19. Sounds like the books are expecting a similar 2nd half in this game…not sure I see it but should be fun to watch.

Damn Durant only took one shot in the 1h, Curry with 20 but only one with double digits. Sounds like a pretty bad recipe for victory

Cub liked my post and I stand by everything I said in it

I do not remotely think this person is a male. Born with a uterus. I'm not sure how to classify someone that is born like that but we live in a world that needs classification. That's what we do. By every definition outside of angry white people, she is a she. The real question is why has it come to this? I mean, it's a female. Who has fought a bunch of female fights to qualify for the Olympics. Where do we stop? Because you're angry? Seems like that won't stick. Testosterone makes someone a male? Have fun with a ton of women that have testosterone levels.

I feel terrible for this person. SHE's been degraded by so many dumbfucks that if she wins a medal it will be tarnished by perceptions. Put yourself in her shoes. No one on here dares. The narrative is out there...hope she gets a medal.

And I'm really uncomfortable with virtually all of it. This ain't the right one to go after. I feel incredibly awful for her.

Yes, a ton of women do have testosterone levels. There is a test they do for the levels of testosterone, and the female boxer’s level was TOO HIGH for her to be allowed to fight in women’s events everywhere except the Olympics. THAT is the issue, why are the Olympics not abiding by the standards already set by the World Boxing Federation?

It’s a very rare instance, for sure…but there are rules in place so that women don’t get hurt. It’s always weird when the people who constantly talk about protecting women’s rights are also on the side of anyone who isn’t a woman (or doesn’t qualify based on testosterone levels being too high) participating in women’s sports. That is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Back