2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

One play that stands out- Griffin -139 v. MacIntyre. 4 back, tied for 2nd, I think Mac plays it tight and Ben closes the gap, even if it's just one stroke. Still chewing on plays and feel a little jittery with my selections so far...Hopefully it's just the 3rd cup of coffee.

The one time I wish I was a big fat Canadian. Poor Fluff but lucky spectator to pick up the bag for CT.

Is anyone on the Women's Open? I haven't even looked to see if live betting is an option there

Think Bobby Mac struggles on the back nine here, so tough to close out your first one

Scratch that lol, he'd have to fall off a cliff to not win at this point

Included him at -700 in a couple parlays to get the juice down

RBC/Women's recap: 7-3 hitting my big plays yesterday. +21.68.

Very fortunate for the Royals to rally back in the 9th to hit nice parlay with MacIntyre. Another cool PGA win story with pops on the bag. Onto the Memorial.

Last edited:
Who the flyin' fk is Carl Yuan?

Just got his card on DK and I'm not even sure he's on the PGA tour

You should look back a few months ago at the guy who used this guy to gain steam on SM for the Mexican Open.

You should look back a few months ago at the guy who used this guy to gain steam on SM for the Mexican Open.
Screenshot_20240604-065118.png

Funny account to follow.

Think he bets Yuan every week but this particular one he had A LOT haha.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Weather looks to be good for memorial. Recall this track has some tough finishing holes and history shows this isn’t a shoot out type event.

Read last years Memorial thread just to recap where our headspace was at the time.

Yup, that's the one.
If the equipment had not gotten to where it is currently, Tiger would have 20+ majors and 100+ tour wins. Those shots would be insane in 2024. In 1999-2001, they were from an alien

If the equipment had not gotten to where it is currently, Tiger would have 20+ majors and 100+ tour wins. Those shots would be insane in 2024. In 1999-2001, they were from an alien
Kip Henley was who I saw quote tweet this today.

Basically started the discussion of Tiger sticking with Butch and that swing= 30 majors.

Yuan is listed as out this weekend and the French Open doesn't fire up til 2am

Is Backpage still a thing?

Tournament Matchups
Fleetwood -126 vs. Henley 1*
Eckroat -116 vs. Griffin 1*
Burns -117 vs. Kim 1*
Fleetwood -122 vs. Thomas 1*
Burns -124 vs. Lowry 1*

Over/under offerings look tempting but won't bite until I get a better read on how Memorial plays out. Beautiful day for golf but this course and its conditions looks monstrous.

Rd. 1 plays (will be adding)

Hoge -150 v. C. Davis / Mariners -142 (+184) 2.5u

GL on your plays this week.

Forgot to post. Haven't bet since the Masters, so I'm out of form I guess. Anyway, I took these:

Conners EV over Henley
Lowry -105 over Burns

Top 20:
Zalatoris +150
McCarthy +125

Top 10:
Morikawa -110
JT +200
Si Woo +300
Mccarthy +425

Monday after the Memorial is always fun because the course at Ohio State hosts the US Open qualifiers and takes the top 25 or so. A bunch of guys playing this weekend will have their most important rounds on Monday.

Monday after the Memorial is always fun because the course at Ohio State hosts the US Open qualifiers and takes the top 25 or so. A bunch of guys playing this weekend will have their most important rounds on Monday.
I believe they already had it. The Memorial moved this year, so the qualifying was before

I believe they already had it. The Memorial moved this year, so the qualifying was before
Interesting, I see that they did one in Toronto and Columbus this week. The Cbus one only took 5 where it has usually been low 20s after the Memorial. I guess since it's an elevated event most people playing the tournament have already qualified.

Are all elevated events done without a cut?

Interesting, I see that they did one in Toronto and Columbus this week. The Cbus one only took 5 where it has usually been low 20s after the Memorial. I guess since it's an elevated event most people playing the tournament have already qualified.

Are all elevated events done without a cut?
All but the 3 invitationals are no cut. Genesis, API and this week all have cuts

Quick flier on Collin first round leader at +354

Figure if he can get to -6 it's still a decent winner with dead heat rules. No dead heat on one book was +175 so figured it's worth the risk in case he can get to -7

Of course Conners now wants to piss on the parade

3-way still wins a little at least

1-0 Rd.1. Should’ve played Rory last night at -125..

Rd.2

Rors under 71.5 -140 5u
X under 71.5 -120 3u
Scheffler to eagle +650 1u

In the minority but think Hovland will catch Scheffler. He's pumping on all cylinders and can go low. On the flipside, very difficult to bet against the machine that is Scheffler.

Going to play Hovland +700 for 1u this morning, think the gap closes some (Hovland or someone else) and might get a better price on Scheffler by this evening and may jump on board then.

2-1 Rd.2, 3-1 Memorial +11.6u. Watched Aberg/Scheffler for the most part yesterday and was really impressed with Aberg, he missed 4-5 birdie opportunities and didn't press, just continued with his round of even par. Think his solid play continues and a few putts drop today.

Aberg under 71.5 -130 5u
Hovland to win +700 1u
Hovland to win / Phillies -155 / Cards -185, +1927 .5u

Back