2023 Transfers

Sam Huard announced the transfer to Cal Poly a couple days ago

Massive get for an FCS program that should score a ton with Huard's HS coach being hired on as OC

can still get colorado u4.5 RSW on fanduel. i was on this before the transfer news today, not sure how much of an impact some of these guys leaving truly is

can still get colorado u4.5 RSW on fanduel. i was on this before the transfer news today, not sure how much of an impact some of these guys leaving truly is
More to that point, they could have been encouraged to leave, impossible to read much into any of CU's mass exodus. Prime said that not many of the current roster would likely be there next season when he came on.

More to that point, they could have been encouraged to leave, impossible to read much into any of CU's mass exodus. Prime said that not many of the current roster would likely be there next season when he came on.
yeah for sure- there's no doubt some (most?) of these guys realized their spot on the depth chart after the spring game. that being said, this is a complete roster overhaul and the schedule is not easy. i'll pay to see them get 5 wins this season

Reactions: KJ
I wouldn't read much into that at all... Re: Colorado...

This was an awful team. This is a complete rebuild via portal and obviously several incoming classes.

Dead weight...

(And yes, I understand that not all of this is dead weight -- some just won't fit into the program).

This is a true 'give it 3-4 years minimum ' situation.

This was an awful team. This is a complete rebuild via portal and obviously several incoming classes.

Dead weight...

(And yes, I understand that not all of this is dead weight -- some just won't fit into the program).

It’s very odd though, one cannot deny

Dead weight...

Coach Prime is cleaning house, bringing his buds from his previous school and will somehow get them to win four plus games this season and their, CO, fan base will adore him. The talent base their is below average, to be nice (more like poor). He put himself in an excellent opportunity to succeed setting himself up for his next head coaching job (SEC).

Look for Alabama to poach a QB if Sarah bottom of his heart feels this team has a serious chance at winning it all. Personally, as if right now, I don't see it and can see them being 9-3 or 10-2 both are really good seasons but the standard at AL is National Championships. Been reported looking at NC, or NC State cube. Sorry only caught the tail end of the conversation.

Coach Prime is cleaning house, bringing his buds from his previous school and will somehow get them to win four plus games this season and their, CO, fan base will adore him. The talent base their is below average, to be nice (more like poor). He put himself in an excellent opportunity to succeed setting himself up for his next head coaching job (SEC).
Most definitely a stepping stone if done correctly.

So far, Prime is doing a great job. I mean, 48,000 for the spring game, highest in the history of Colorado football. And not just a new record, broke the all-time record by 30,000!! No one has been interested in the Colorado spring game in my entire lifetime.

He's cleaning house and getting rid of guys who don't play hard enough for his style. I don't have any guess on W's and L's for next season. Colorado has been down so long it takes a complete reload and rebuild.

Oklahoma State didn't have a spring game because of stadium construction (at least that's the official excuse. Gundy hates spring games), but Bowman (former Tex Tech) won the starting QB job

Nothing exciting and no one player stood out at the Oklahoma spring game. Newcomers looked like they have plenty of talent, and they claim the defense will be better, but the offense is down a notch, and no one who watched is predicting they are a title contender. The thing that stuck out most and that everyone is talking about was a bizarre, rambling speech by Venables before the game. Had about 55,000 + there, fans excited, players ready to go and Venables picked up a microphone and started addressing the crowd

Just the same buzz words he says in every single speech and press conference so everyone politely applauded and thought, well, okay, so the game will start a minute or two late. But five minutes later he was still droning on, "we have to stick together, the team needs your support, and in a losing years fans are even more important, so you have to support us through good and bad, blah, blah, blah." Okay, that has to be it, he's started repeating himself, but he was still going strong at the 10 minute mark. Fans started yelling "play ball" and "let's go." And he still kept going. At the 12 minute mark the players and coaches started looking at each other and a minute later the first boos started. By the fourteen minute mark half the crowd was standing up and demanding the game start. Finally, after 15 minutes of forcing the crowd to listen to him and the players to just stand around, he seemed to run out of steam

Lot of pressure on the guy, a lot of it self imposed. Nobody knows what to make of it. It didn't look good. One radio guy said it sounded like a coach saying, "don't fire me if we have a bad year." Hope I'm wrong, but looked more like a guy in over his head to me.

Last edited:
So far, Prime is doing a great job. I mean, 48,000 for the spring game, highest in the history of Colorado football. And not just a new record, broke the all-time record by 30,000!! No one has been interested in the Colorado spring game in my entire lifetime.

He's cleaning house and getting rid of guys who don't play hard enough for his style. I don't have any guess on W's and L's for next season. Colorado has been down so long it takes a complete reload and rebuild.
And it was SNOWING too! No idea how that would feel living where I do, so I treat it as a heavy rain.

Without a doubt Coach Prime is charismatic but more importantly, knows how to play, win and has the bling to get the players attention. They will be the treaty pick next season, but sorry Buffalo fans, ya need quality depth. If they can keep him for three plus seasons, the program should then be back on automatic for the next several seasons unless the new coaching staff really messes things up badly.

Lot of pressure on the guy, a lot of it self imposed. Nobody knows what to make of it. It didn't look good. One radio guy said it sounded like a coach saying, "don't fire me if we have a bad year." Hope I'm wrong, but looked more like a guy in over his head to me.

The preventative plea from a coach who knows his team is not going to meet the standard of the team.

Look for Alabama to poach a QB if Sarah bottom of his heart feels this team has a serious chance at winning it all. Personally, as if right now, I don't see it and can see them being 9-3 or 10-2 both are really good seasons but the standard at AL is National Championships. Been reported looking at NC, or NC State cube. Sorry only caught the tail end of the conversation.
It would have to be a clear upgrade for us to take a QB in the portal. We'll see who enters the portal in the coming days, but there's probably only 8-10 guys out there that are a clear upgrade at this point. I don't expect us to take a QB though. The roster is championship caliber though, and 9-3 would be an abject failure.

Lot of rumors that Tyler Buchner will enter the portal and wind up at Bama. The fact his OC at N Dame is now at Bama and the performance of the Bama QBs in the spring game gives the rumor a little substance

Lot of rumors that Tyler Buchner will enter the portal and wind up at Bama. The fact his OC at N Dame is now at Bama and the performance of the Bama QBs in the spring game gives the rumor a little substance
Message boards saying he's visiting. Not sure what, if anything, that really means. QBs weren't that bad in the spring game. Buchner does not feel like a clear upgrade to any of the scholarship QBs on the roster. Interesting situation and I can't even guess as to what it means. Unless one of the QBs has told Saban/Rees he's leaving, this makes almost zero sense

Chance Nolen, Oregon State QB, transfers to TCU. Oregon State brought in DJ Uiagalelei so I guess Nolen decided to move on. Personally I'd take Nolen any day over Uiagalelei unless Oregon State is planning on going to the single wing

Nolen delivered in the clutch over and over

Yep Nolan visited Purdue last week as well. Was hoping to snag him as a big time backup but to no avail.

Transfer portal is wild....my boys will enter fall with zero returning scholarship QBs from last year now with the last two left from the Brohm era (Allen/Alaimo) entering the portal (for the 2nd time).

Somewhat surprised that we are 3 days removed from the final spring practice, and we haven't had anyone enter the portal other than the two who did a week or so ago. I honestly expected at least a few. We've discussed QB, but I think it's highly likely we try to get an OL or two.

Huge blow for Houston. Alton McCaskill, one or the best RBs in the country when healthy, has entered the portal. The guy is unknown to the general public, but ran for 1,000 yards as a freshman and had 16 TDs, more than any freshman in the country. He broke big plays in every game I saw him play, but also got injured in every game I saw him play. He'd rest up, go back in the game, and get hurt again. In one game, I think against Memphis, he had to be helped off the field four times. He missed all of the 2022 season with a knee injury as well, so even though he has super star potential he can't stay healthy

My guess is he'll get a flood of offers. He has so much talent he's worth taking a chance on despite his history

OU picked up Brenen Thompson, an ESPN 300 WR who spent his freshman year at Texas. He's a track star as well and was recruited by every elite program in the country. He played in nine games as a freshman, but only had one reception, so I doubt Texas is losing any sleep

Last edited:
Message boards saying he's visiting. Not sure what, if anything, that really means. QBs weren't that bad in the spring game. Buchner does not feel like a clear upgrade to any of the scholarship QBs on the roster. Interesting situation and I can't even guess as to what it means. Unless one of the QBs has told Saban/Rees he's leaving, this makes almost zero sense
Rumor is that Buchner is going to commit to Alabama and Milroe is transferring out. Which would make this make sense. Though it sucks. I like Milroe. But maybe the writing is on the wall. Simpson did outperform him most of spring and even in the spring game with the 2s and a sprained UCL. TCU seems to be the school mentioned with Milroe, though they just took a transfer QB. Maybe Houston?

What your guys think? Not sure about this one at 1st blush
The fans are apoplectic. They think this is a sign that we are at best a 8 win team next season. I'm not sure what to make of it and will just see how it plays out. There are rumors that Milroe or his people made it known that if he wasn't named the starter after spring, he was out. If that's the case, 100% understand this move. I know his film is less than inspiring, but Buchner was a top 100 recruit and Rees knows him better than anybody, so I guess I'll have to defer to the people who get paid a lot of money that this is a good move

Looks like McCaskill is on his way to Colorado. Every report seems to say the same thing

If so, Deion will have a great RB
What is he going to have in the trenches? I also want to see how he coaches around two sons on the team. There's usually some divide in the locker room in these situations.

What is he going to have in the trenches? I also want to see how he coaches around two sons on the team. There's usually some divide in the locker room in these situations.
I saw someone tweet this about Prime and the Colorado team/transfers:

Everyone will have a chance to earn a spot except my son. He’s the starting quarterback.

I always appreciated watching a coach skillfully rebuild a program over 3-5 year period. I guess those days are gone.

Now please get off my lawn. It took me many years to grow.

Wild news from East Lansing...

QB Thorne into portal.

WR Keon Coleman into portal.

That's their best two offensive players. I talked to some Sparty guys today that think Thorne got beaten out, maybe?

Coleman is legit. That's one guy that scares me on that offense. Apparently this is 3rd year he wanted to test waters.

Also, rumor has it they have a team meeting tomorrow morning. I'll try and confirm.

QB Thorne into portal.

That's their best two offensive players. I talked to some Sparty guys today that think Thorne got beaten out, maybe?

Coleman is legit. That's one guy that scares me on that offense. Apparently this is 3rd year he wanted to test waters.

Also, rumor has it they have a team meeting tomorrow morning. I'll try and confirm.
Heard that LSU is maybe a spot for Coleman @twinkie13

Thompson didn't practice all spring, just starting to throw again after labrum surgery. Sims looked good in the spring game and is the obvious starter.

QB Thorne into portal.

Thorne is not a B10 caliber QB so that wouldn't surprise if he was beaten out. Coleman could be a r1 pick if he goes to the right offense

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Back