2023 Transfers

Sam H to Irish

I give him credit for waiting a bit to make it seem like this wasn't done awhile ago.

Helluva pickup.

I'll put here even though it's 2022 recruiting..

Rashada already asking out of his NLI from Florida.

Some wild rumors I read yesterday.

FmYPlCbXEBwAksX

As expected, Tyler Harrell has entered the transfer portal from Alabama. Was a weird take last year, he never really moved up the depth chart at Alabama. Not surprising since he didn't do it at Louisville either. Our WR room is now down to a more reasonable number of players after having too many the last couple of years. We need the numbers at other positions. We now have 3 spots open to add on signing day or through the portal, which is a luxury we usually don't have

Jake Garcia leaving Miami. Destination unknown. No surprise. He's got some talent, but he went to five high schools and committed to USC before changing his mind and going to Miami.

Also, Alan Bowman, who looked like a future star as a freshman at Texas Tech before getting injured, then spent two uneventful years at Michigan, is on his way to Oklahoma State

Last edited:
Demouy Kennedy, reserve LB for Alabama has entered the portal. Another of the guys that got injured early, then got passed by younger players. I believe he is from the Mobile area, might see him at USA or Southern Miss. Might see a few more transfers in the spring portal after spring practice, there are a few older guys who haven't really been involved in any meaningful play to this point. As a rule of thumb, if you aren't in at least the second rotation by your 3rd year in the program, chances are you won't ever see anything outside of special teams

Official. AD Mitchell into the portal. Likely going to Texas. Besides Harrison, the best WR next year in college football. He caught touchdowns in all 4 playoff games. Tough one to swallow here.

Spencer Sanders likely on the way too. Which means Dart likely leaves I would guess.
Not sure Sanders can beat Dart out. In his best games Sanders looks good. In the others, usually including the biggest games, he may throw three picks in the first three possessions. In his career he's had 67 td passes but 40 interceptions. You don't see many ratios worse than that for a four year starter. I guess Lane thinks he can improve him, but how many guys play one way their entire career, then suddenly change.

Hank Bachmeier, four year starter at Boise State, going to La Tech. I'm guessing we won't see 2sdBank picking La Tech next year

Not sure Sanders can beat Dart out. In his best games Sanders looks good. In the others, usually including the biggest games, he may throw three picks in the first three possessions. In his career he's had 67 td passes but 40 interceptions. You don't see many ratios worse than that for a four year starter. I guess Lane thinks he can improve him, but how many guys play one way their entire career, then suddenly change.

Hank Bachmeier, four year starter at Boise State, going to La Tech. I'm guessing we won't see 2sdBank picking La Tech next year

I was high on Spencer as a freshman thought he’d be better for sure. Does seem lateral move. one shot change of schools last shot though now for these kids these days.
Maybe Lane can spark some magic.

Sanders was (probably) asked to do too much - in 2019 he was fine when they averaged 5.3/rush (#13) - threw for 2000+ / ran for 625

By 2022 they couldn't run at all (3.4/rush - #107) - he was beat up all year, and didn't seem to improve much from his freshman year. I think he'll be much better in Kiffin's offense - that Dart is talented, but leaves way too many plays on the field IMO - not the 'baller' type that Sanders could be for LK....

UGA ILB Trezman Marshall transfers to Alabama. Feels like it came out of nowhere, but I think it makes sense for Alabama. Not a lot of returning experience at ILB, and Marshall will feel comfortable in the defense since UGA runs a very similar scheme, so at minimum there is added depth. I'm sure the path to playing time is a little clearer at Alabama than UGA at that position too. Adding players from those UGA defenses can't be a bad thing as long as the player isn't a locker room cancer, which from what I've seen, is not a concern. I'd expect Alabama to add a few more transfers, especially after spring practice.

UGA ILB Trezman Marshall transfers to Alabama. Feels like it came out of nowhere, but I think it makes sense for Alabama. Not a lot of returning experience at ILB, and Marshall will feel comfortable in the defense since UGA runs a very similar scheme, so at minimum there is added depth. I'm sure the path to playing time is a little clearer at Alabama than UGA at that position too. Adding players from those UGA defenses can't be a bad thing as long as the player isn't a locker room cancer, which from what I've seen, is not a concern. I'd expect Alabama to add a few more transfers, especially after spring practice.
Has to be because Speights went to LSU. I know y’all were in the mix there.

Homerism aside, Kelly absolutely crushes the portal game at talent identification

Arik Gilbert is headed to Nebraska.

This dude…never seen anything like it.

I've never seen anything like it either. Anyone can see his talent in an instant, but LSU was happy to get rid of him and I don't think he ever played a down in his two years at Georgia.

Maybe he'll wise up under Rhule, but guys like Gilbert usually never do

What's the story of why LSU wanted him gone, Twinkie?

I've never seen anything like it either. Anyone can see his talent in an instant, but LSU was happy to get rid of him and I don't think he ever played a down in his two years at Georgia.

Maybe he'll wise up under Rhule, but guys like Gilbert usually never do

What's the story of why LSU wanted him gone, Twinkie?
I’m not sure the whole truth ever came out. He was a huge surprise on signing day, early rumors were homesick, then maybe hush hush suspensions. As you can see, he bounces around.

Saban is just like Berry Switzer.

Berry spoke on NIL the other day when a reporter asked him how much he'd pay a player to come if NIL had been around when he coached. He laughed at the idea, "hell, I never paid a player a nickle to come play for me. That's not how it works. He has want to come to Oklahoma to be the best player he can be and to be part of a championship team. Once he shows me he's willing to work to achieve that I'll damn sure see he doesn't have to worry about a warm coat when winter comes."

I'm not surprised at all the kid who left Alabama went to Miami. They look like a team of guys like that

Back