2023 Transfers

Miami doing good w the portal grabs Cristobal said they'd be adding guys after spring and sure enough .. grabbed starting CB's from OU and Vandy's and they were light at WR but like Harrell he didn't make any hay at bama think he got hurt and never cracked the rotation .. added another today from Reedy college which ive never heard of .. don't know if they're just reaching deep in the portal for bodies now but if they are then so is Miss St, TAMU, Wazoo, UCF and a few others that offered ..

Easy to not like the Canes after such an epic dud year or after just about any other year really lol .. injuries piled up big LY think Gattis was a real dud for them too glad he's gone .. off to MD now .. (good luck tua Jr) .... Getting big odds for the conference and its deserved think Clem walks off w it pretty easy but the roster looks pretty good to be competitive in that 2nd tier of ACC teams .. like the new coordinators and yeah gotta grit the teeth to trust van dyke after LY but I thought he looked pretty on the money throwing in their spring gm almost every throw .. thought he'd be OUTTA THERE after last year and a bunch of others too they had a few guys who coulda gotten alot of offers but they stuck around .. a sign of life.. maybe ..

Miami doing good w the portal grabs Cristobal said they'd be adding guys after spring and sure enough .. grabbed starting CB's from OU and Vandy's and they were light at WR but like Harrell he didn't make any hay at bama think he got hurt and never cracked the rotation .. added another today from Reedy college which ive never heard of .. don't know if they're just reaching deep in the portal for bodies now but if they are then so is Miss St, TAMU, Wazoo, UCF and a few others that offered ..

Easy to not like the Canes after such an epic dud year or after just about any other year really lol .. injuries piled up big LY think Gattis was a real dud for them too glad he's gone .. off to MD now .. (good luck tua Jr) .... Getting big odds for the conference and its deserved think Clem walks off w it pretty easy but the roster looks pretty good to be competitive in that 2nd tier of ACC teams .. like the new coordinators and yeah gotta grit the teeth to trust van dyke after LY but I thought he looked pretty on the money throwing in their spring gm almost every throw .. thought he'd be OUTTA THERE after last year and a bunch of others too they had a few guys who coulda gotten alot of offers but they stuck around .. a sign of life.. maybe ..
It's been a struggle for me to figure out if the U wants an identity or just chooses not to have one. They are a very tough team for me to cap and it's always seemed like Cristobal can take very good players and coach them down. CFB is better when they are good but right now it seems like they are constantly treading water.

Yeah I hear ya KJ .. I think Cristobal had some house cleaning to on the whole culture side of the team .. seems like the Canes along w a few other teams every year they play big and inspired until they lose a game and they throw in the towel .. Cristo talked alot about the culture change being a bit of an undertaking .. I believe it probably was .. and yeah when the injuries piled up LY things werent going well I think he realized its a mulligan and start finding out who wants to play and who wants to quit and lotta guys were playing pretty far down the roster .. just my take between the injuries and coaching changes and guys sticking around adding others, lotta potential to boomerang .... of course I can't say we're not gunna see the same old canes again but I'd say it feels better than usual ..

yeah they were so loaded he only got 2 catches last year lol .. Oregon on a straight up mission odds are so low for the conference they're just unplayable but I def hit Oregon -1 vs USC in the GOY lines that spot is unbeleivably rough for SC... trip to Eugene sandwiched between Washington and UCLA, good luck .. if SC wins in that spot then you can go ahead and crown their asses ..

yeah they were so loaded he only got 2 catches last year lol .. Oregon on a straight up mission odds are so low for the conference they're just unplayable but I def hit Oregon -1 vs USC in the GOY lines that spot is unbeleivably rough for SC... trip to Eugene sandwiched between Washington and UCLA, good luck .. if SC wins in that spot then you can go ahead and crown their asses ..
Couldn't be a worse spot

At Autzen with the rivalry game on deck. Yikes.

It's been a struggle for me to figure out if the U wants an identity or just chooses not to have one. They are a very tough team for me to cap and it's always seemed like Cristobal can take very good players and coach them down. CFB is better when they are good but right now it seems like they are constantly treading water.
Great recruiter, not sold on him as a coach. Dude can pull in talent for sure.

Most Alabama fans were excited for Harrell last year after the success of Jameson Williams the year before. But Harrell had a long way to go to become a WR rather than just a guy who is really fast. He did have some injury concerns that no doubt stunted his development, but with the struggles at the WR position last season, it would concern me as a Miami fan that he couldn't even crack the 2nd group.

He is an absolutely terrible coach and his only chance to be successful is recruiting and hoping his coordinators do a great job because when it comes to Xs and Os the guy is an absolute zero.
He's a prime candidate for the Nick Saban coaching rehab program once he and Miami part ways, assuming Saban is still coaching

He's a prime candidate for the Nick Saban coaching rehab program once he and Miami part ways, assuming Saban is still coaching
He probably keeps the job as long as he wants it provided he wins 7 games or so at least once every 5 years. Its not like coaching under Saban did anything for him the first time. Miami just wanted a Miami guy regardless of his inability to coach and its why the program has been irrelevant for 20 years after being what Alabama is today the previous 20 years.

Reactions: KJ
He probably keeps the job as long as he wants it provided he wins 7 games or so at least once every 5 years. Its not like coaching under Saban did anything for him the first time. Miami just wanted a Miami guy regardless of his inability to coach and its why the program has been irrelevant for 20 years after being what Alabama is today the previous 20 years.
Most fitting name ever for a coach/program was Coker in Miami. I miss that guy.

Just found out today that Arik Gilbert has surfaced at Nebraska. Still needs a waver from the NCAA to play this year. He has to be the leader for the biggest flop of any star recruit in college football. JT Daniels and Spencer Rattler both failed, but both have done far better than he has. Looked like a star as a freshman at LSU, then went off the rails. Transferred to Georgia and couldn't even get on the field

Rhule might be able to do something with him, but Rhule prefers the exact opposite type. He likes guys who may not be brimming with talent, but who give everything they have on every play in practice.

Yeah he'd make a hell of an assistant coach, can recruit like very few can

Is that really even a key skill anymore? Im being serious now that money on the table are the great recruiters as relevant or persuading kids? I have no clue. Not sure his recruiting comes close to masking what a awful coach he is!! Maybe he can coach oline? He left a really good one of those at Oregon.

Just found out today that Arik Gilbert has surfaced at Nebraska. Still needs a waver from the NCAA to play this year. He has to be the leader for the biggest flop of any star recruit in college football. JT Daniels and Spencer Rattler both failed, but both have done far better than he has. Looked like a star as a freshman at LSU, then went off the rails. Transferred to Georgia and couldn't even get on the field

Rhule might be able to do something with him, but Rhule prefers the exact opposite type. He likes guys who may not be brimming with talent, but who give everything they have on every play in practice.

What position he play?

As much as I have dogged on Rattler it looked like the lightbulb maybe finally went off for him toward end of last season. Def not gonna come into this year looking to fade him like in past. Nobody thought much of Bo Nix at auburn but now he talked about as potential heisman winner!

What position he play?

As much as I have dogged on Rattler it looked like the lightbulb maybe finally went off for him toward end of last season. Def not gonna come into this year looking to fade him like in past. Nobody thought much of Bo Nix at auburn but now he talked about as potential heisman winner!
Tight end. Rated #1 coming out of high school. Starred as a freshman at LSU. Turned out to be a me-first guy and LSU dumped him. Went to Georgia and got on the wrong side of the coaches and never got on the field.

Still in limbo at Nebraska

Doesn't sound like any good news is coming on Gilbert getting his waiver. He's still been practicing though.

Tight end. Rated #1 coming out of high school. Starred as a freshman at LSU. Turned out to be a me-first guy and LSU dumped him. Went to Georgia and got on the wrong side of the coaches and never got on the field.

Still in limbo at Nebraska
Did he have a stop in FLA too or am I making that up?

Back