***2023 Recruiting Thread***

I’m almost positive that none of these kids are getting the full amount upfront. There have to be contractual obligations that must be met by the player over a period of time. Seems an easy fix is that recruits can’t negotiate with the collectives until they are enrolled in the school. Let them sign all the non-collective deals they want beforehand.

I’m almost positive that none of these kids are getting the full amount upfront. There have to be contractual obligations that must be met by the player over a period of time. Seems an easy fix is that recruits can’t negotiate with the collectives until they are enrolled in the school. Let them sign all the non-collective deals they want beforehand.
Yeah, for instance Strouds "vehicle" is simply leases on new vehicles till they hit 2500 miles then turn in for a new one. He's gotta pay for something there too.

(Read this earlier today, fwiw).

MSU is an interesting case study with NIL.

Mel hates recruiting, he'd rather do the portal thing year in and year out. He didn't even show up to the coaches clinic few months ago (huge thing in this state for recruiting).

As the lawyer for Rashada mentioned, they are top 6 right now for their collective. This makes sense with a few of their 4 star signings. On the other hand, you'd think a few bigger names would be onboard due to the cash. Shall see. Ishbia etc apparently willing to spend as much as possible to get them talent (+ the coach).

On the other end, you have UM who refuses to offer cash beforehand (because they have to be prim and proper). With that being said, current guys and future guys will be making very good money -- they just won't give it up front. They gonna fall way behind in recruiting this year. They have donors who are more than willing to "play with the big boys" but it's gonna be a dark day in you know what before they actually are allowed to.

Smh...

Back to the big money guys (QBs mostly). I'm real interested to see how many OL want to protect these kids when they are making peanuts and the QB is acting like a prima donna or not producing at all .

The next few years are honestly going to be fascinating.

I will still bet college football but this NIL crap has ruined the game for me.
I lose more interest in college football every day.

By the way, the NCAA had nothing to do with the NIL. The courts ruled against the NCAA and they had no choice but to let the boosters run wild. Now there is an entire industry of boosters and agents and lawyers doing anything they want. After the court decision there are literally no rules regulating NIL.

Of course it's going to have a gigantic negative effect on the college game. When it comes down to who's running things is a kid going to listen to his coach or to the booster or lawyer or agent who is paying him nine million bucks

The kid going to Miami is making more than some of the best QBs in the NFL and almost all the backups and he hasn't even played his senior year yet.

Mel hates recruiting, he'd rather do the portal thing year in and year out. He didn't even show up to the coaches clinic few months ago (huge thing in this state for recruiting).

As the lawyer for Rashada mentioned, they are top 6 right now for their collective. This makes sense with a few of their 4 star signings. On the other hand, you'd think a few bigger names would be onboard due to the cash. Shall see. Ishbia etc apparently willing to spend as much as possible to get them talent (+ the coach).

On the other end, you have UM who refuses to offer cash beforehand (because they have to be prim and proper). With that being said, current guys and future guys will be making very good money -- they just won't give it up front. They gonna fall way behind in recruiting this year. They have donors who are more than willing to "play with the big boys" but it's gonna be a dark day in you know what before they actually are allowed to.

Smh...

Back to the big money guys (QBs mostly). I'm real interested to see how many OL want to protect these kids when they are making peanuts and the QB is acting like a prima donna or not producing at all .

Michigan is a top tier school with alotta money. I respect them doing “their” thing “their” way for a long time.
They don’t have to be ND…at some point they gonna have to play different in that realm right BAR?

I lose more interest in college football every day.

By the way, the NCAA had nothing to do with the NIL. The courts ruled against the NCAA and they had no choice but to let the boosters run wild. Now there is an entire industry of boosters and agents and lawyers doing anything they want. After the court decision there are literally no rules regulating NIL.

Of course it's going to have a gigantic negative effect on the college game. When it comes down to who's running things is a kid going to listen to his coach or to the booster or lawyer or agent who is paying him nine million bucks

The kid going to Miami is making more than some of the best QBs in the NFL and almost all the backups and he hasn't even played his senior year yet.

Imagine a kid with even the slightest attitude getting 2 million a year…It’s wild.
I’d hate to be a CFB coach in this day on the older side that’s done it one way a long time.
Then they take pay cuts to go to NFL in probably quite a few cases

Clemson got another commitment today, another 4* OL from Texas.

Clemson is up to 15 commits with one 5* (QB Vizzina), twelve 4*, and two 3*.

Imagine a kid with even the slightest attitude getting 2 million a year…It’s wild.
I’d hate to be a CFB coach in this day on the older side that’s done it one way a long time.
Yeah, and imagine a kid who has made nine million in college but is not good enough to get drafted and an NFL team offers him a free agent contract. The kid will be insulted to make only the NFL minimum and not have it guaranteed

College football is going to be a totally new sport from now on and I don't see how it keeps the fan base it has now

Michigan is a top tier school with alotta money. I respect them doing “their” thing “their” way for a long time.
They don’t have to be ND…at some point they gonna have to play different in that realm right BAR?
They will for sure, there will be too much pressure to keep up with osu and msu in particular I think

Smh...

I think I know what the reaction to this will be, but Alabama is playing this similar to Michigan. There may be talks about NIL, but none of the recruits sign a deal until after they enroll. From what I understand, Saban is trying to be at the forefront of the NIL stuff, but playing it much more conservatively when it comes to using it as a recruitment tool. Look at that list of schools that are the "best" at NIL. All schools trying to make the jump back to relevance and prominence. While unlikely, the NCAA may come out and explicitly forbid some of the stuff going on and punish perpetrators. So I think you are going to see the schools that have been at the top recently (Alabama, UGA, Ohio St, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc) play it a little less aggressively than some of these others, at least on the front end. Once they have their guys enrolled, you'll see some ridiculous stuff. And they may be brokering these deals beforehand, just not announcing them until after NSD

It will be interesting to see how Clemson does. Small (but fanatic) fan base can’t match the money from the mega-schools — TAMU, Ohio State, Texas, Penn State. Swinney’s culture so far seems to be getting mor bang for the buck.

Did anyone catch the video on Twitter of the a&m coach/staffer talking about the people in the suites paying them?
Not even trying to hide it.

Clemson got a commitment from another Alabama 5*, Peter Woods (QB Vizzina being the other). He committed before he left Clemson in June but kept it secret for a month.

Clemson is now 3rd in the overall composite rankings (or 5th behind Ala, Ohio St, UGA, and Notre Dame on a per-player average rating).

Clemson got a commitment from another Alabama 5*, Peter Woods (QB Vizzina being the other). He committed before he left Clemson in June but kept it secret for a month.
A little weird to not get a kid from Thompson, but from what it sounds like, Clemson is a better fit for him personality-wise than Alabama. Would have loved seeing him in Tuscaloosa, but credit to Dabo

Greatest recruiting class in the history of Texas Longhorn football.

Who knew this would ruin college football? Every college football fan.

High School football will be the next big thing. I have little interest in a bad professional football product, give me amateurs.,

Greatest recruiting class in the history of Texas Longhorn football.

Who knew this would ruin college football? Every college football fan.

High School football will be the next big thing. I have little interest in a bad professional football product, give me amateurs.,
Won't sitting out the senior year of HS be the next big thing?

Back