CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
F3566501-AAB0-459F-9500-62B334E9EB46.jpeg

Augusta National 2022

Let’s kick off the discussions!

Throw your stats out there.
Your Favorites
Your Fades

Will this be the year Spieth gets back on track?

Will DJ not wear socks at his rental house?

Will Roy finish off the Back 9 and get the elusive Career Grand Slam?

GO!

Generally, I think Augusta requires a good bit of course experience before winning. Below are last 10 winners, number of appearances inclusive of winning year, and top 10s prior to winning.

2021: Hideki, 10th appearance with two top 10s prior to win
2020: DJ, 10th appearance with four top 10s prior to win (this version was played in November)
2019: Tiger, 22nd appearance for his 5th green jacket plus another 9 tops 10s
2018: Reed, 5th appearance with zero prior top 10s
2017: Sergio, 19th appearance with three prior top 10s
2016: Willett, 2nd appearance with zero prior top 10s
2015: Spieth, 2nd appearance with one prior top 10s
2014: Bubba, 6th appearance with one prior win
2013: AScott, 12th appearance with 3 prior top 10s
2012: Bubba, 4th appearance with zero prior top 10s

My Picks
Rahmbo
certainly sticks out having four straight top 10s at Augusta (2018 - 4, 2019 - T9, 2020 - T7, 2021 - T5). This will be his sixth appearance. Would imagine losing the number 1 ranking will serve as extra motivation. Expensive at 11 to 1 but couldn't say no.

DJ will make his 12th appearance. Seems to have turned it on recently with a lights out 63 Sunday at Sawgrass followed by a quality outing in Austin. Maybe he is finding his form? Glad to have him on the ticket at 16 to 1.

Xander has a pretty good case too. This will be trip number five to Augusta where he has a T2 in 2019 and T3 last year after a triple on 16 in the final round. Locked too early at 14 to 1 - seeing him at 25 to 1 which I think is exceptional value.

Koepka will make his sixth appearance and is in much better health than last year when he couldn't bend a knee so I forgive the MC. T2 in 2019 with a T7 in 2020, says he's healthy. Purchased at 16 to 1, seeing 18 to 1.

Scheffler makes his third Master's appearance with top 20s in 2020 and 2021. On fire right now winning three of last five events. Locked in after API at 25 to 1, seeing mid teens.

Zalatoris' debut last year resulted in a solo second finish last year just one shot off Hideki. Putting this year seems to have improved as evidenced recently in the Match Play. In at 28 to 1, but seeing 33 to 1.

Rory is 32 years old yet making his 14th appearance. Helluva run from 2014 to 2018 where he was inside top 10 every tourney, obviously 2011 was a historic collapse. Not sure why I took this bet considering I don't like Rory and I don't trust his putting. Locked in at 16 to 1.

Cam Smith will make his sixth start, brings three previous top 10s. A top performer in SG ARG and SG APP - both stats important at Augusta. Secured at 16 to 1.

Oosthuizen will be making his 14th appearance yet shockingly only has one top 10 which was the solo second when he lost to Bubba in the 2012 playoff. Think he's good value when I found him at 60 to 1, now down to 40s-50s.

Webb making his 11th appearance and said at Valspar he is healthy. His last three Augusta appearances: (2021 - T12, 2020 - T10, 2019 - T5). Took him at 100 to 1 but now seeing him at 150 to 1 which is a tremendous price for a quality flyer.

AScott makes his 21st appearance - more of a nostalgia pick for me as I was on him in 2012. Playing decently at the moment. Got him at 70 to 1.

Last edited:
Brooksie, Willie Zed and Louis are solid imo. They’re on my radar and I’m looking for a long shot pick as a 1 unit lotto ticket

I read a story on it earlier this morning, and just went back to find the name of the course Tiger was seen walking and playing…as it was said anytime he’s walked that course he’s ramping up to play. When I went back, there’s now a story that he’s actually practicing at Augusta and it’s seeming more and more likely that he will be participating. Wow!!

The course was Medalist, his home course. Here’s the article about the Augusta practicing. (The earlier article said he was scoring in the mid-60s playing worst ball with himself at Medalist too…which is insane given the circumstances)

Tiger playing would really skew the betting markets!

I’m all for this, as far as Tiger playing. I think it will skew the betting markets (as said above) and give us some better numbers. He was 66-1 not more than a week ago and I’m sure now that number is already dropping. If he somehow wins, I’d be all for it. But I won’t be betting him, and he likely won’t be winning. Should give us some better numbers on guys in that 25-50 range.

I’m all for this, as far as Tiger playing. I think it will skew the betting markets (as said above) and give us some better numbers. He was 66-1 not more than a week ago and I’m sure now that number is already dropping. If he somehow wins, I’d be all for it. But I won’t be betting him, and he likely won’t be winning. Should give us some better numbers on guys in that 25-50 range.
Can't see Tiger playing

Dustin +1400 seems to me like the best bet

WILL probably be taking a couple guys from post 3 at reasonable odds. No harm in Tiger playing a round or two, not like he's punting a deserving alternate but no way he's JOAQUIN 72 holes and contending.

Speaking of discussion - does everyone apply for tickets every year? I have for years but no luck. My buddies dad goes every year cause once you get in, you're in for life which is cool

Speaking of discussion - does everyone apply for tickets every year? I have for years but no luck. My buddies dad goes every year cause once you get in, you're in for life which is cool
Yes, I enter the lottery.

At some point this decade I plan on just buying Tues practice round tickets.

Unless you guys are busting my balls and messing with me.

I just want to try a Pimento Cheese sammie and hang out with John Daly at the Hooters

Heard the hotel next to Hooters is like $30 a night too

Seems almost impossible to get one
I’d love to go for a practice round or Thursday. Be able to walk the grounds and see much much more than on Sunday. Yes I know that’s hard to believe but I’m being serious. I wouldn’t go HAM on the merchandise because I’m not a member but I’d definitely find a good hat and shirt. A yardage book would be kind of cool if they sell those.

There is a way to make it easier... @ProV1Colt and I have discussed this before...
Well if he knows, text me immediately. I don't really want to go to practice rounds though I have heard just walking the course is actually better than watching the guys play. Imagine being there Final Round when Tiger won the other year when he was "finished" as everyone said

I’d love to go for a practice round or Thursday. Be able to walk the grounds and see much much more than on Sunday. Yes I know that’s hard to believe but I’m being serious. I wouldn’t go HAM on the merchandise because I’m not a member but I’d definitely find a good hat and shirt. A yardage book would be kind of cool if they sell those.
Tues is the day to go.

Reactions: KJ

I just want to try a Pimento Cheese sammie and hang out with John Daly at the Hooters

They’re not busting your balls necessarily…but you’re not in for life if you win the lottery. You have to re-apply the following year like everyone else.

You CANNOT get visibly fucked up at Augusta or you’re out and banned from the property.

The food and beverage costs during the tournament week are incredibly fan friendly.

Well if he knows, text me immediately. I don't really want to go to practice rounds though I have heard just walking the course is actually better than watching the guys play. Imagine being there Final Round when Tiger won the other year when he was "finished" as everyone said
Have your pops apply

I actually have one if I can find it that I'll mail you free of charge. It's a bit old, but my buddy grabbed me one when he went with his dad

They’re not busting your balls necessarily…but you’re not in for life if you win the lottery. You have to re-apply the following year like everyone else.
Not true, once you get tickets they're lifetime, you just can't pass them down to anyone (like your kids). Trust me

Not true, once you get tickets they're lifetime, you just can't pass them down to anyone (like your kids). Trust me

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. If that were the case, just think of how few tickets would be available every year. You can Google it buddy.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. If that were the case, just think of how few tickets would be available every year. You can Google it buddy.
I literally know this is true. Once you get them, you are in for good. I'm not trying to argue with you, but my best friends father goes every year since he hit the lottery. That's why none of us can because it's harder to get than pretty much any event

I literally know this is true. Once you get them, you are in for good. I'm not trying to argue with you, but my best friends father goes every year since he hit the lottery. That's why none of us can because it's harder to get than pretty much any event

As Teapot said, you’re confusing badges with tickets.

Slap, I have a dear friend who works at Seminole in the winter. He’s a great guy, much more straight laced than I and he is allowed to use a badge or 2 each year if he asks. He has to return those badges. I’ve asked him to take me and offered to pay for whatever. Honestly, he has yet to take me up. Probably because he knows I like to let loose. Augusta is different and I’d be on my best behavior because if a member gives his badges to someone who fucks it up they can be in serious trouble.

Your friends dad might have a friend that’s a member, based on what you’re saying that’s the case. IMO.

Back