2022 Masters Discussions

Forgot the full list, but the Live at the Masters had a little segment on the most 3 putts in the past 4-5 Masters...and that list had Rahm and Louis on it, think there was 5-6 on the list (I'll go back and find it if no one else knows). I found it interesting because you aren't winning doing a lot of 3 putting...obviously.

these are my thoughts and my bets:

Masters 2022 bets:

win:
Tyrell Hatton +5500
Si Woo Kim +9000

top 5:
Hatton +900
Kim +1600

top 10:
Kim +700 *best bet*

round 1 leader:
Hatton +4500
SW Kim +6000

round 1 top 5:
Hatton +800
SW Kim +1000

round 1 top 10:
Hatton +450
SW Kim +500 **best bet**

play in final group -R4
Hatton +2500
SW Kim +4000

player to shoot lowest round:
(entire tournament)
Hatton +3500
SW Kim +5000

bogey free round 1:
SW Kim +1800
Hatton +1400

I’m all in on Hatton & Kim

I really wish we had a contest to play in on this site

Hahahaha.....you and me in the same boat
His 113 rank in SG:APP for the last half-year is keeping me off him in the outright market, but he'll be on the card in a Top 40 capacity...26th; 23rd; 29th are his finishes in the last 3 Masters.

these are my thoughts and my bets:

Masters 2022 bets:

win:
Tyrell Hatton +5500
Si Woo Kim +9000

top 5:
Hatton +900
Kim +1600

top 10:
Kim +700 *best bet*

round 1 leader:
Hatton +4500
SW Kim +6000

round 1 top 5:
Hatton +800
SW Kim +1000

round 1 top 10:
Hatton +450
SW Kim +500 **best bet**

play in final group -R4
Hatton +2500
SW Kim +4000

player to shoot lowest round:
(entire tournament)
Hatton +3500
SW Kim +5000

bogey free round 1:
SW Kim +1800
Hatton +1400

I’m all in on Hatton & Kim

I really wish we had a contest to play in on this site
These two are in my notebook under the heading: "volatile" :)

Good luck my man.

These two are in my notebook under the heading: "volatile" :)

Good luck my man.
Dead serious I wouldn't mind seeing Hatton in the hunt on Sunday just because of the potential train wreck if he gets in a groove of hitting a couple poor shots

I went to go take Tiger but his odds were only 30-1, so I couldn't do it.

At least I'll have Scott 50-1

That’s a bad number on Eldrick. I got 50-1 yesterday (it’s still 45-1 today there), but also see 40-1 and 35-1 at two other spots.

It’s a long shot anyway, just seems awfully low considering what’s out there.

Favorite tourney matchup so far:

Brian Harman -130 over Lee Westwood

Mentioned earlier in this thread, gotta support Harman any time there is a tourney in Georgia. I think Westwood has to play very good golf 4 days in a row in order to win this matchup. Even if Harman plays average, I think there is a good chance Westwood implodes at some point. Love Harman here.

Careful on your top 5,10 or 20 bets. Most books pay per dead heat, which for me- Kevin Streelman top 20 live bet last week netted a loss of 4 bucks (2 unit play) after finishing tied for 18th.

Going to place my top X plays at BetMGM as they pay ties in full.

GL this week gents

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
Careful on your top 5,10 or 20 bets. Most books pay per dead heat, which for me- Kevin Streelman top 20 live bet last week netted a loss of 4 bucks (2 unit play) after finishing tied for 18th.

GL this week gents
Curious if any of them don't employ dead heat

So hard to go nuts with them for that reason

Of course I didn't see the next line lol, good to know

GL this week gents
Do you know how the dead heat is calculated? I was so annoyed by this.

I had Snedeker to finish in the top 20 at Valero. I believe I was risking 500 to win 2400. He 3-putted on 18 from 10 ft and it ended up being a dead heat. Think I only got 800 total. It was brutal.

Favorite tourney matchup so far:

Brian Harman -130 over Lee Westwood

Mentioned earlier in this thread, gotta support Harman any time there is a tourney in Georgia. I think Westwood has to play very good golf 4 days in a row in order to win this matchup. Even if Harman plays average, I think there is a good chance Westwood implodes at some point. Love Harman here.
Just to add to this..my only other two tourney matchup so far..

Zalatoris to defeat Berger
Dustin Johnson to defeat Rory

Zalatoris just feels right here. Playing pretty well and he’s got the swagger for Augusta. Berger hasn’t been playing great and has been a little bit of a headcase the last few tourneys.

DJ is quietly getting his groove back. Gun to head, I think he wears the green jacket again on Sunday afternoon. Rory could win this tourney…he could also miss the cut. Way too unpredictable in my mind. DJ is going to show up. Love him here.

Do you know how the dead heat is calculated? I was so annoyed by this.

I had Snedeker to finish in the top 20 at Valero. I believe I was risking 500 to win 2400. He 3-putted on 18 from 10 ft and it ended up being a dead heat. Think I only got 800 total. It was brutal.
Dead heat basically means all the spots that tied are given a W-L record against each spot covered by the wager

For instance, say you bet top 20 and there is a 5-way tie for 19th...your guy finished 19th (w) 20th (w) 21st (L) 22nd (L) and 23rd (L) and say you put $100 on +100 odds. You went 2-3, so you win $20 each on the 2 wagers (1/5 of your wager for each spot because it was a 5-way tie) and lose $20 each on the 3 wagers.

Effectively, you lost $20 in that scenario.

Dead heat basically means all the spots that tied are given a W-L record against each spot covered by the wager

For instance, say you bet top 20 and there is a 5-way tie for 19th...your guy finished 19th (w) 20th (w) 21st (L) 22nd (L) and 23rd (L) and say you put $100 on +100 odds. You went 2-3, so you win $20 each on the 2 wagers (1/5 of your wager for each spot because it was a 5-way tie) and lose $20 each on the 3 wagers.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Reactions: KJ
Most places I've looked has Tiger plus numbers to make the cut.
Interesting, I assume most if not all books will be exposing themselves pretty heavily if he does have a good week, I'd think they would want people to lay vig for him to just have a solid couple rounds.

You would lose $60 in this scenario. The original $100 bet becomes a $40 bet (for payout purposes) as only 2 spots in the top 20 were left for the 5 guys tied, so you lose 60% of your bet. That $40 bet is now paid out at +100 so you get the $40 paid out and originally bet $100, for a $60 loss.

**After further review and realizing I absent mindedly didn’t include the stake back…you would simply win $40, reduced from the $100 you would have won had there been no dead heat at 19th place.**

You wouldn’t lose money on a bet you won…it’s much more similar to a reduced payout parlay win than anything else.

Last edited:
Three full tourney match ups to start out with:

Smith +145 vs Rahm: Smith is playing very well and is a wizard on and around the greens. The plus money is just too tempting for me to pass up.

Hovland -120 vs Spieth: Jordan has had great success here, but he seems to really be struggling with the putter. Hovland has worked hard on the short game this year.

Burns -110 vs Niemann: burns is playing great this year. Fading niemann because he’s paired with Tiger. The gallery following this group will be electric.

I’m very tempted to take Woods at +160 vs Reed. What part of Reed’s recent form makes him -200 vs anyone? Seems like a trap…

Best of luck this week guys. What’s a great sports week! College final Monday night, opening week of baseball, and the Masters…

Forgot the full list, but the Live at the Masters had a little segment on the most 3 putts in the past 4-5 Masters...and that list had Rahm and Louis on it, think there was 5-6 on the list (I'll go back and find it if no one else knows). I found it interesting because you aren't winning doing a lot of 3 putting...obviously.

Coming back to this, it was Bryson and not Rahm on the list with Louis. The other 2 players are Fleetwood and Hideki.

Most 3 putts or worse since 2018
Bryson 20
Fleetwood/Louis 17
Hideki 15

Just to add to this..my only other two tourney matchup so far..

Zalatoris to defeat Berger
Dustin Johnson to defeat Rory

Zalatoris just feels right here. Playing pretty well and he’s got the swagger for Augusta. Berger hasn’t been playing great and has been a little bit of a headcase the last few tourneys.

DJ is quietly getting his groove back. Gun to head, I think he wears the green jacket again on Sunday afternoon. Rory could win this tourney…he could also miss the cut. Way too unpredictable in my mind. DJ is going to show up. Love him here.
Good stuff Starks

DJ kinda an afterthought right now, and that's dangerous.

You would lose $60 in this scenario. The original $100 bet becomes a $40 bet (for payout purposes) as only 2 spots in the top 20 were left for the 5 guys tied, so you lose 60% of your bet. That $40 bet is now paid out at +100 so you get the $40 paid out and originally bet $100, for a $60 loss.
Wrong

Before you pass along a bunch of drivel, you'd actually collect +100 victories on 2 of the five bets

Quit acting like you know shit when you don't, especially when people actually count on info here to make wagers

Hibernate before you screw anyone else over

Before you pass along a bunch of drivel, you'd actually collect +100 victories on 2 of the five bets

Quit acting like you know shit when you don't, especially when people actually count on info here to make wagers

Hibernate before you screw anyone else over

You can use the calculator…

Yes, you would, that is correct. Would get you $40 in the scenario you weighed out.

I wrote it wrong earlier as well, you wouldn’t be a $60 loser in this scenario, you’d simply have won $40 as opposed to the $100 you’d have won if dead heat rules didn’t apply and your golfer finished #19.

It’s similar to winning a reduced payout parlay when you push one of the legs, if there was another scenario to compare it to.

Last edited:
But in the event that we have a tie for other positions, dead heat rules are used, with the bookmakers often working out your profit by dividing the total stake by the number of participants in the dead heat, and then multiplying by the golf odds at which the bet was placed. It is the resulting amount from this calculation that is usually collected by the customer as the total return.

Anyone who needs an explanation or has questions, feel free to PM me

What he's posted is false, I'll walk you through it

It's a lot of work dealing with that, I get it...but it will make sense so you can make an educated wager, not the Buffalo boogaloo shit

But in the event that we have a tie for other positions, dead heat rules are used, with the bookmakers often working out your profit by dividing the total stake by the number of participants in the dead heat, and then multiplying by the golf odds at which the bet was placed. It is the resulting amount from this calculation that is usually collected by the customer as the total return.

Cool, you just proved you shouldn't post about shit you don't know a damn thing about.

Cool, you just proved you shouldn't post about shit you don't know a damn thing about.

I simply made a mistake by forgetting to add the stake back in. Thanks for bringing it back to my mind so I could think on it a little more and see what I did wrong. The bettor did lose $60 in profit in that scenario, not $60 overall.

At least we know it's not a $20 loss, which seems like misinformation. Go Tiger!

Last edited:
Alright,

Two things...

Let's edit out any misleading posts.

Also, I think this is a GREAT thread for the Talkin Shop forum @KJ

Lets talk weather real quick.

Basically a 100% chance on Wednesday. I would think we do not see the Par 3 contest this year if this holds true. This also takes away the last 9 for Tiger(and others). I think that actually is better for him, for the rest of the week.

This will be a below average temp week down in Jorja. Seems like we have a front going through so with that comes winds...seems like Friday the worst but the first 3 rounds all could be affected.

Lets talk weather real quick.

Basically a 100% chance on Wednesday. I would think we do not see the Par 3 contest this year if this holds true. This also takes away the last 9 for Tiger(and others). I think that actually is better for him, for the rest of the week.

This will be a below average temp week down in Jorja. Seems like we have a front going through so with that comes winds...seems like Friday the worst but the first 3 rounds all could be affected.

of course

This doesn't hurt your bet imo.

Now, as far as Tiger goes ... The lower temps are not great. He's not fared well in chillier conditions since the last comeback.

Yeah, I just mean for the overall tourney as well. I hope moving day on is ok weather

Back