2019 Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion and IN-GAME THREAD

I'm kicking myself today. 5 mins or so gone in the 2nd Period of DAL/NAS yesterday, Live Betting Under was plus money @ 5.5 goals. those two teams are gonna keep going under...Hello ALL!

Man this is fucked. There is a very good chance the NHL's top three regular season teams all get trounced in the first round. Additionally the top two in the est & top two in the west could get trounced. That's what makes the game so great but is also what makes it so fucking frustrating as a fan & gambler.

I think Boston is done in 6 as much as I hate to admit it. I see them dropping another in Toronto on Wednesday. They should win back at home with their backs to the wall but will give Toronto fans what they want in a playoff round won at home.

I could give two shits personally about either Leafs or Isles but would make for a great matchup with all the drama around the JT move. With the suck-ass playoff format I don't even know what has to happen for those teams to play.

Zeke, was there cement in their skates in Toronto last night? They looked so slow compared to Toronto its ridiculous. Calgary finally had the Mike Smith we all expected show up....and I may just auto-play any over TT for Vegas if Marty Jones gets the start again tonight. That guy is not good. He's been yanked from something like what? 6 of his last 16 starts? Something wild like that.

VGK and Sharks really don't like each other though so that watching Reaves and Kane beat the hell out of each other is entertaining as hell for me.

Very bizarre playoffs so far.

Disagree Vap. In the Ovechkin fight they were hitting helmet. Kane & Reaves were a couple big boys who know how to fight.

Scarf I agree. Chara couldn't get out of his own way per usual. Additionally Pastrnak & Krug both looked off their game as well. Just a suck performance.

Dallas should have taken last night. Surprised that second goal got by Bishop.
The under in that series is a winner or a push every time.

I have under in Toronto and Dallas.
Have D on the ML -125, am thinking PL cuz I expect Bishop to show up after Monday's game. Depending on the Stars to get you a two goal lead is a lofty goal, tho.

Hey Tea, I don't know jack shit about the NHL. My son-in-law thinks the Av's are gonna close it out tonight.

In your or others opinion, can Calgary win tonight?

Hey Tea, I don't know jack shit about the NHL. My son-in-law thinks the Av's are gonna close it out tonight.

In your or others opinion, can Calgary win tonight?

Calgary scratched the “real deal” James Neal tonight so that’s a bit of a blow to the Flames.

The rookie defenseman for the Avs, Cale Makar, is a Calgary native and playing his first game ever in his hometown. Kid looks good too.

Avs have rattled off 3 straight after losing the first game.

Flames are fairly heavy favorites at -175 at many shops.

Can they win? Definitely. Will they win I really don’t know.

I’ve stayed away from this series to be honest.

If I HAD to place a wager tonight, I’d go Flames. I think Calgary is going to enjoy some home cooking at the Saddle and get the W.

Flames won 4-0 in the first game then Avs won 3-2, 6-2, 3-2...

Obviously the regular season hasn’t meant much for this years playoffs.

My play would be Flames and OVER 6 if I had to.

Thanks, I guess I'll just hold his bet and teach the kid a lesson about how gambling is for losers...

:cheers3:

How that lead first goal stood I'll never know

Leaf fan friend in one of my group texts sent after it 'that's why we put the situation room in TORONTO '

I kinda think flames win tonight, but I'm gonna wait and bet live if anything

If gaudreau and monahan come out with jump I'll be on em, if they look like they have all series, and MacKinnon is still on another level I'll probably lay off

Ya flames no extra effort here, maybe it comes later but will need special teams imo

Gaudreau just cant be the guy on a playoff team that goes very deep

Monahan and the rat king tkachuk csnt skate well enough for this avs squad, bad matchup

These playoffs are nuts. Feel like you’d make a killing if you just went against what you (or maybe it’s just what I) think.
Start with Tampa -every game you think they should win. Could have lost a lot chasing that.
St. Louis losing both at home after taking both in wpg. Thought the series would be 3-1 or 4-0 for sure after the 2 games in stl, nope
Last couple nights- you’d think wpg with the momentum coming back home get the W, nope.
Washington last night, based on their track record I guess, just thought they’d take the strangle hold on the series after losing g3, nope.
Boston today, big game 5 at home where most thought Boston was winning the series.
And then calgary so far tonight, no show.
Again, maybe it’s just my thinking but just glad I’m not betting much in nhl and just enjoying the craziness of these playoffs

Ok boys no more pussyfooting around today!!

We got 3 games and one of them is a potential elimination game.

Stars/Preds
Blues/Jets
Canes/Caps

Who knows what’s going to happen out there?

These playoffs are nuts. Feel like you’d make a killing if you just went against what you (or maybe it’s just what I) think.
Start with Tampa -every game you think they should win. Could have lost a lot chasing that.
St. Louis losing both at home after taking both in wpg. Thought the series would be 3-1 or 4-0 for sure after the 2 games in stl, nope
Last couple nights- you’d think wpg with the momentum coming back home get the W, nope.
Washington last night, based on their track record I guess, just thought they’d take the strangle hold on the series after losing g3, nope.
Boston today, big game 5 at home where most thought Boston was winning the series.
And then calgary so far tonight, no show.
Again, maybe it’s just my thinking but just glad I’m not betting much in nhl and just enjoying the craziness of these playoffs

First time since the NHL expanded in 1968 that both the top seeds in each conference have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

First time ever a President’s Cup winner has been swept in the first round.

Boston was tied for Calgary with the 2nd most points and they’re on the verge of elimination.

The Penguins scored 6 goals total in their entire playoff run.

Yeah, think it’s fair to say this playoffs has been insanely unpredictable.

And someone please tell me how the first goal in Toronto last night wasn’t goalie interference. Unless you think Rask mid-3rd period thought leaving 80% of the net wide open voluntarily was what he thought was a good idea, you have to call the goalie interference in a 0-0 G5 of a 2-2 Series.

Just shocking some Of the stuff going on.

First time since the NHL expanded in 1968 that both the top seeds in each conference have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

First time ever a President’s Cup winner has been swept in the first round.

Boston was tied for Calgary with the 2nd most points and they’re on the verge of elimination.

The Penguins scored 6 goals total in their entire playoff run.

Yeah, think it’s fair to say this playoffs has been insanely unpredictable.

And someone please tell me how the first goal in Toronto last night wasn’t goalie interference. Unless you think Rask mid-3rd period thought leaving 80% of the net wide open voluntarily was what he thought was a good idea, you have to call the goalie interference in a 0-0 G5 of a 2-2 Series.

Would you say that the officiating has been inconsistent this playoff?

Would you say that the officiating has been inconsistent this playoff?

I think you can always say that when comparing game flows, but I do feel there’s more of either an extreme “call everything” or “call it like the 90s” feel to it much more so than last year. But that could just be due to the difference in matchups styles of play between this and last year too.

Ok boys no more pussyfooting around today!!

We got 3 games and one of them is a potential elimination game.

Stars/Preds
Blues/Jets
Canes/Caps

Who knows what’s going to happen out there?
Going to ride out the opposite of what you’d think would happen approach. Or just take the dog approach. Stars, jets, canes all just for some sprinkle action

Last edited:
Stars big line has been dominant today

Very impressive

Agreed, when their A line comes to play, they’re tough as hell. Think depth is their biggest issue going forward though. I do enjoy watching them play...but then again I loved the Devils neutral zone trap, so I guess I’m a weirdo. Lmao

Game 7 playoff hockey is as good as it gets.

Sports are amazing. If I told you one of these starting goalies would let in a goal a backup high school goalie would stop you’d bet your damn life it would be Marty Jones. Amazing. Give ol’ Marty Credit...the guy stood on his head tonight. Outstanding game though...maybe the best one of the playoffs so far.

Unfortunate given it was probably statistically the most dominant performance in franchise history. Tough to come back and win game 7 now.

The boys on SJ’s KFOX were going nuts what a finish. SJ has played in 2 game 7s and have a 1-1 record. They beat the Flames and lost to the Queens.

Granted I'm a B's fan but I'm right there with you. I didn't notice it at real time but when they showed the replay it seemed like a no-brainer. Total BS non-call. I thought the B's got fucked on a few penalties yesterday also. Delay of game on Chara when the puck ended up in the fucking bench? Then the "high sticking" when the only reason his stick went up was because he got his fucking feet taken out from under him. I saw that one happen & said out loud "sweet, another power play".

They got the W but some consistency from the zebras would be nice.

Been hanging with my ladies parents over the weekend.
Nothing bad to say about Jones. I was surprised AF last night, then again he also played well Game 5.
After drinking Modelo, and the Sharks losing 3 in a row, I switched to SOL and they have won 2 str8.
I'll be opening another SOL tomorrow night...
HAHAHA!
I think Carolina wins by a couple tonight? -1.5 +230 OVER 5.5 +120
Dallas Closes It Out Tonight?! OVER 5 +115 -135
Those are just leans...May just sit and watch...
:rolleyes:

Back