2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

But it kinda sounds like PG blindsided and fucked the Thunder , but hey it happens , it’s a business
Guess we will find out soon

Well this is the part that isn’t clear

Was PG unhappy before this week or when Kawhi came calling did he put his trade demands in..

Leaks coming out that he and Westbrook weren’t getting along , but that seems really convenient

Getting conflicting reports now
Yeah, it's especially strange with PG coming after best season of his career probably, with Russel taking second star position and supporting PG for MVP.
Maybe the early playoffs exit did something to PG, with Thunder being without any room to improve... Who knows...
But that's really strange and hard to explain...
Who got the better deal, NO for Davis or Thunder for PG?

JaVale resigns with Lakers.
That's really good move. He did a very good job with the Lakers, Davis can play a lot of minutes as PF, so I like this move.
Green got a very big contract, but I have zero idea what was the market for him and how much Dallas was ready to offer him...
So far, I can't see anyone giving Lakers a discount to join a contender, that's for sure...

That’s quite the haul for OKC.

Russ has to be toxic, cat was hanging out with LeFart for the most part of this summer.

That’s quite the haul for OKC.

Russ has to be toxic, cat was hanging out with LeFart for the most part of this summer.
Lakers can't get him, unless they trade Green and KCP for him or something (and they can't as far as I know NBA rules)...

Rondo, Quinn Cook, Jamal Crawford, Iman Shumpert, Bradley - Lakers need to get 3 out of 5, otherwise... can't see them field a decent back court.
Hoping for Rondo, Bradley and Cook...

They keep signing everyone to two year deals... Wonder why... Another attempt to bring third star two seasons from now? But I doubt LeBron will have much appeal by then... Do they plan to buy out his contract two seasons for now and start from scratch with Davis?
Also... wonder how much will it effect Davis decision next summer...

Thunder got 5 first round picks, two picks swaps and SGA?! Wow... I never even knew you could gave up that much...

This is what Thunder probably getting:
J
uly 6th 2019 at 4:15am CST by Luke Adams
In addition to landing No. 1 free agent Kawhi Leonard, the Clippers have reached a stunning trade agreement to acquire All-NBA forward Paul George from the Thunder, reports ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link).
USATSI_10339563-200x300.jpg

According to Wojnarowski (via Twitter), Oklahoma City will receive Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, and a “massive” haul of future draft picks in exchange for George.
That haul features four unprotected first-round picks, one protected first-rounder, and two pick swaps, Woj reports (via Twitter). The Thunder will receive the following selections, according to Marc Stein of The New York Times (via Twitter):
  • Heat’s 2021 unprotected first-round pick.
  • Clippers’ unprotected 2022 first-round pick.
  • Heat’s 2023 first round pick (top-14 protected).
  • The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023.
  • Clippers’ unprotected 2024 first-round pick.
  • The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2025.
  • Clippers’ unprotected 2026 first-round pick.
The Clippers held the Heat’s unprotected 2021 first-round pick and will acquire Miami’s 2023 lottery-protected first-rounder as part of the four-team Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade deal. That will allow the Clips to keep their own 2020 and 2021 first-rounders and send out five total picks while satisfying both the Stepien rule (which prohibits teams from leaving themselves without a first-round pick in consecutive future seasons) and the “Seven Year Rule” (which doesn’t allow teams to trade first-rounders more than seven years in advance).
Thunder To Trade Paul George To Clippers

Wow, that's insane... That also explains why they got on board with Jimmy's trade and everything...
But they gave every asset they had to get them.
I mean, if Bron or Davis get hurt, Lakers are in trouble, but the Clippers... If that doesn't result in titles... they gave up 7 years or something like that to get Kawhi and PG and it's interesting that they got Clippers 24-26 first round picks, when the original contracts of both PG and Kawhi will end...

Kawhi just wrecked so many dudes in both the media and the league.

Dude a quiet, cold-blooded killer. The Marv Harrison of the NBA.

PG used to date Docs daughter? And while dating her knocked up some other chick?

Yup. A stripper from Queens, ended up having another kid with her.

Now Doc's daughter went clean and wholesome with Steph's ugly little brother.

Doc don't love his kids anyway. PG gonna be fine.

Wow, that's insane... That also explains why they got on board with Jimmy's trade and everything...
But they gave every asset they had to get them.
I mean, if Bron or Davis get hurt, Lakers are in trouble, but the Clippers... If that doesn't result in titles... they gave up 7 years or something like that to get Kawhi and PG and it's interesting that they got Clippers 24-26 first round picks, when the original contracts of both PG and Kawhi will end...

I think you have to look at it as they gave all that up for Kawhi and PG . So yeah it’s a lot but they also got two superstars , one of which is arguably the best player in the game

I wish Lakers could get RW... if by some miracle that happens, it will be interesting derby and he is exact type of player Lakers need...

I think you have to look at it as they gave all that up for Kawhi and PG . So yeah it’s a lot but they also got two superstars , one of which is arguably the best player in the game
Yeah, no doubt... if you got a chance to land to megastars, you do it and figure out things later on...
Just saying they gave up a lot, not that they shouldn't have done it...

I wonder what the opening demand was from the Thunder

Amazed this didn’t leak . Gotta imagine Thunder were not happy , but still did this quietly

I wonder what the opening demand w s for the Thunder

Amazed this didn’t leak . Gotta imagine Thunder were not happy , but still did this quietly
They would have lost leverage, had they made it public... the last thing you want is to let know your star wants out...

Ujiri made a mistake though, if it's true he chose not to move Siakam for PG...

Back