2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

Obviously Lakers could have done better if Kawhi was signing with them or getting active on the FA market on Sunday. But they did the best out of bad situation, signing all the best free agents that were still available... what else could have done?
Signing Boogie to one season is a win - win situation. He has to prove his value if he wants to get paid in the summer and if he gets back to his old back or even 90%, for this money, is a steal.
Rondo is the top PG left on the market and Lakers needed one.
Green, KCP and Cook are solid signings given their need for spacing.

I think jazz are top 3

I can see them at 1 though, kawhi and lebron both gonna load manage for sure

Dubs may load manage steph a bit, especially since DAR can play point so much

Rockets wont have blake till the deadline prolly, and they have to see how riding harden to the ground in the regular season is ruining him in may

My guess right now, assuming the above and no major injuries

1. Nuggets
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Rockets
6. Portland
7. Dubs
8. Me and reno's KINGS

Pellies are a year or two away, same with Mavs

Tinderwolves I dono what they do really, Wiggins ceiling right now basically is Lou will. 6th man instant offense, and those guys shouldnt have max deals. Which is sad because hes got the tools and athleticism to be so much more, he should be a 25/7/5 guy who plays great d. His stock has fell so far no one even cares if he plays for canada internationally anymore. Team is built around RJ and murray going forward imo. He will prolly want on team now that its STACKED but hes 3rd option. KAT has gotta man up or his career is a waste

Thunder we all know, the move is to trade russ and Adam's for futures and build around shai, move gallo at the deadline too. I could see gallo to the raps for ibaka or gasols expiring ++ happening. If they keep russ they are a 10-12 seed for the next 3 or 4 years

Grizzlies are playing this smart, JJJ and Ja is a good foundation, but they need another lotto pick this year

Suns who fuckin knows, I like booker and ayton too, saric and Rubio make them a fun team. They need another lotto like grizzlies

Spurs.... they supposedly like their talent but that's not a playoff team with how stacked west is

Cousins and AD played good together on the pellies

His d can be masked by AD, lebron, rondo and green

He was dubs best player game 2 of the finals

If they can somehow get iggy too they are pretty deep all things considered

that crunch time lineup even as is

Rondo
Green
Lebron
Kuzma
AD

Or if they wanna go big, swap boogie for rondo and have lebron play point

That's a huge lineup with legit shooting

Dudley another option too

They do go 10 deep now, which is needed to let lebron load manage, and have a very good 7-8 man playoff rotation

I think jazz are top 3

I can see them at 1 though, kawhi and lebron both gonna load manage for sure

Dubs may load manage steph a bit, especially since DAR can play point so much

Rockets wont have blake till the deadline prolly, and they have to see how riding harden to the ground in the regular season is ruining him in may

My guess right now, assuming the above and no major injuries

1. Nuggets
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Rockets
6. Portland
7. Dubs
8. Me and reno's KINGS

Pellies are a year or two away, same with Mavs

Tinderwolves I dono what they do really, Wiggins ceiling right now basically is Lou will. 6th man instant offense, and those guys shouldnt have max deals. Which is sad because hes got the tools and athleticism to be so much more, he should be a 25/7/5 guy who plays great d. His stock has fell so far no one even cares if he plays for canada internationally anymore. Team is built around RJ and murray going forward imo. He will prolly want on team now that its STACKED but hes 3rd option. KAT has gotta man up or his career is a waste

Thunder we all know, the move is to trade russ and Adam's for futures and build around shai, move gallo at the deadline too. I could see gallo to the raps for ibaka or gasols expiring ++ happening. If they keep russ they are a 10-12 seed for the next 3 or 4 years

Grizzlies are playing this smart, JJJ and Ja is a good foundation, but they need another lotto pick this year

Suns who fuckin knows, I like booker and ayton too, saric and Rubio make them a fun team. They need another lotto like grizzlies

Spurs.... they supposedly like their talent but that's not a playoff team with how stacked west is

Hmmm... I wonder if the maybe the twolves would be interested in Westbrook? If they can move Wiggins

Yes Danny green is a role player

No one is comparing this to Kawhi .

Serious question . Did you watch the NBA finals ?

I did... was it the 6 points 4 rebounds in game 6 that did it for you?

He’s a HUGE defensive liability. When the warriors brought him during the regular season it worked for about 4 games and then teams where just switching on him. Lebron is taking off defensive plays for like 3 years now.

It’s gonna be a problem

I did... was it the 6 points 4 rebounds in game 6 that did it for you?

He’s a HUGE defensive liability. When the warriors brought him during the regular season it worked for about 4 games and then teams where just switching on him. Lebron is taking off defensive plays for like 3 years now.

It’s gonna be a problem

You didn’t watch the NBA finals

If Westbrook gets traded back into the west , damn RIP east

Also the chance that the west beats itself up so much that the east has a chance

Bucks are the only team I see with a chance though. No interest in the 76ers... I don’t care what people say. When one of your best players can’t shoot it kills you

I did, what are you saying I missed. All the other nba teams must have missed it too since no one seemed to be jumping for cousins

Dude it’s 1 year 2.3 million for a guy who had an impact on the biggest stage a month ago

No one is saying this makes Lakers an overwhelming title favorite , but it’s a great pickup

You don’t have the same opinion if Jazz pull the same deal

There are too many sellers right now

Who else has the assets for OKC and willing to take on that contract besides NYK?

Hawks , Heat Charlotte?

Knicks and magic

Magic would be interesting

Fultz, mo bamba, picks, and salary to make it work?

Leaves orlando with a starting unit of

Russ
T Ross
Isaac
Gordon
Vucevic

Dude it’s 1 year 2.3 million for a guy who had an impact on the biggest stage a month ago

No one is saying this makes Lakers an overwhelming title favorite , but it’s a great pickup

You don’t have the same opinion of Jazz pull the same deal

I would be horrified if the jazz signed a center that shot 37% from the floor as a center on the biggest stage

Knicks and magic

Magic would be interesting

Fultz, mo bamba, picks, and salary to make it work?

Leaves orlando with a starting unit of

Russ
T Ross
Isaac
Gordon
Vucevic

They got such a haul for PG I wonder if they let Westy veto some destinations. He has been pretty loyal to them

Raps always invite greektown to bucks games and giannis comes out after games

Hearing he told them in greek, I'm coming my brothas

#sourcessay

If you trade for Russ, you're trading for mediocrity not rings.

2 All Stars have left this cat to play elsewhere, the most recent in dramatic fashion.

Westprick an alpha stat-padder, nothing more.

Maybe playing with a bigger narcissist than himself could help aka LeNoob. Now that would be fun to watch.

Man a lot of you guys are underestimating Lebron, but it doesn't surprise me. The load management is way overplayed especially fighting for seeding with a broken gsw.

Also don't think Kawhi is elite...took down a broken, half imp team in gsw with guys making 3s like they were an atm. Plus PG is a choker.

i think Kawhi is elite , but there is a narrative out there that the Lakers will be the injury prone team when Kawhi played 9 games 2 season ago and will probably only play around 60 games a season going forward .. PG has had three surgeries , none of them minor

Why isn’t anyone talking about potential injury prone Clipper stars ?

He is elite...you said what I couldn't....but he did not take gsw down by himself....and gsw had a fringe playoff squad out there once klay got hurt.

i think Kawhi is elite , but there is a narrative out there that the Lakers will be the injury prone team when Kawhi played 9 games 2 season ago and will probably only play around 60 games a season going forward .. PG has had three surgeries , none of them minor

Why isn’t anyone talking about potential injury prone Clipper stars ?

You know the answer...most people hate Lebron and the Lakers.

it's laughable to me clips are faves. Lakers have major chip on shoulder and gonna gun from day 1, with a better roster too imo.

If you trade for Russ, you're trading for mediocrity not rings.

2 All Stars have left this cat to play elsewhere, the most recent in dramatic fashion.

Westprick an alpha stat-padder, nothing more.

Maybe playing with a bigger narcissist than himself could help aka LeNoob. Now that would be fun to watch.

Man I know you aren’t a Russ fan but I think a lot this is overblown. KD the biggest douche in the league outside of Lecramps, and PG had no intentions of leaving until Kawhi came calling. If you were PG and given the opportunity, which place looks better right now OKC or LAC? He’s also from LA so that plays into it as well.

Hypothetically, what if the Clippers traded for Russ since he’s also from the area? (It isn’t going to happen, it’s just for argument’s sake) You think PG and/or Kawhi would ask to get shipped out? PG staying in OKC the first time, when he was a FA tells you all you need to know about Russ, and also told you all you need to know about KD.

I've bet on AD a ton in my gambling life and no dude gets injured during a game and doesn't return more than this guy.

Frustrating as fk.

Cat is Elijah Price.

Good luck with that Laker peeps.

Houston gonna break some hearts around here and beyond.

Man I know you aren’t a Russ fan but I think a lot this is overblown. KD the biggest douche in the league outside of Lecramps, and PG had no intentions of leaving until Kawhi came calling. If you were PG and given the opportunity, which place looks better right now OKC or LAC? He’s also from LA so that plays into it as well.

Hypothetically, what if the Clippers traded for Russ since he’s also from the area? (It isn’t going to happen, it’s just for argument’s sake) You think PG and/or Kawhi would ask to get shipped out? PG staying in OKC the first time, when he was a FA tells you all you need to know about Russ, and also told you all you need to know about KD.

Don't mind Russ, dude is athleticism in a bottle but he can't shoot or make smart decisions.

Dude also too abrasive for the new NBA which is all about Ying and Yang type shit.

Russ would have been great in the 90's, this era not so much.

You do it 100%

I wonder if they could do it without RJ

Knicks can’t make the money work until December / Jan even if they wanted to, which they probably don’t want to - they’re not a Russell Westbrook away from anything meaningful.

Man a lot of you guys are underestimating Lebron, but it doesn't surprise me. The load management is way overplayed especially fighting for seeding with a broken gsw.
That team has NO defense at all. I'll take Utah and Clippers in any 7 games series right now.

PG playoff struggles came with an injury and a broken team. Let's see what happens now. Also, this Clippers defense is gonna be fun to watch in the playoffs vs any perimeter oriented team at minimum.

I've bet on AD a ton in my gambling life and no dude gets injured during a game and doesn't return more than this guy.

Frustrating as fk.

Cat is Elijah Price.

Good luck with that Laker peeps.

Houston gonna break some hearts around here and beyond.
Houston ain't doing shit pal. Sorry to break it to you. A trade for Blake makes them better but until they change their coach/offensive system they simply do not have a modern enough offense(it gets masked by the threes).

Back