2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

hard to go against del potro he seems hot right now

i love monfils and was wanting to back him didnt realzie the line was going to be 500s

I played o36 games. Pouille takes a set IMO and it was cheaper this way than playing +2.5 sets at -150.

I know what he has going against him, but I went Pouille against Nadal and I went Pouille +405 today.

GL to all

Monfils is one of my favorite players to watch, but he usually flops around the round of 16. Glad to see him making some moves.

omg I would LOVE to see Monfils vs Joker US Open. You guys remember this game? The "Injury" Time out that changed it all

[video=youtube;lsBwXyGxIcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsBwXyGxIcA[/video]

Had forgotten this one! Classic Djoko in high temperatures at the beginning of his career, would love Monfils-Djokovic in the semis and not that far now. However, I can see Tsonga and/or Monfils taking him to 4 or 5 sets and hope it will be the case.
Agree with nbafan and ksimpc, Monfils looks like a different guy much more focused to do as well as possible this year and especially more serious, as evidenced in all his interviews on french tv just after matches and on days off. If he keeps up I think he can get close to the top 5 ranking, let's hope he keeps the motivation. Leconte said on eurosport that Novak is not the same player he was 6 months ago, not 100% physically (wrist problem?, accumulation of matches) and mentally (they talked about personal problems but didn't want to discuss further) and I can see one of the 2 french players beat him.

What a disappointing match by Tsonga, maybe some kind of injury, but let's hope it will be more contested with a fit and injury free Monfils to try and beat Djoko for once this tournament

2 matches completed out of 5 for Djoko and in the semis, must be some kind of record for shortest time spent on court

Yes I like Murray -7 as well. I think he is the best player now but no way to know for sure with how little Djoko has played.

Like that over but think I like Delpo even more so not sure how to play it yet. Let's just hope we get more thrilling matches tomorrow

I need some input on the Konjuh match. She looked amazing vs Radwanska and she went after her and took the win. It was by no means given to her. Being a junior champion here has allowed her to avoid the nerves that would be common with most young tennis like her. I don't know much about Pliskova.... She definitely has some very nice wins this tourny

All I know about Konjuh is she looks hot. Pliskova in good form but her shot decisions are all or nothing most of the time with not much margins but it's working with all the wins she has had lately. I like Konjuh + the points but would be interesting to know what thinks some more informed wta followers

I took Konjuh ml +187 and Murray -7. Not going to overthink it. Gotta believe Murray will want to get the match over as quick as possible with the luckbox matches Djoko has had.

Scary that ESPN streak for cash has Serena/Halep as a straight up prop

Personally I wouldn't back Konjuh outside of live betting/before one got to know how each player looks early. Purely on paper Konjuh has the ability to beat Pliskova, but where she beat a much more experienced player in the last round, she both had the match-up advantage (power vs. pusher) and she was fresh off nearly beating Radwanska in her last Slam (so confidence against specifically what her opponent had to bring to the table would've I imagine helped settle any nerves the occasion held for her, that being her first ever 4R Slam match). Here she doesn't have any power advantage and she doesn't have any direct experience of facing her opponent to mitigate the occasion, that being her first ever Slam QF. She's only 18, and A SLAM SEMI-FINAL BERTH looms large on her horizon. Of course this is Pliskova's first ever Slam QF, but I have to think her experience in winning at Cincinnati recently completely blew up her previously restrictive comfort zones about what she expects out of herself in the biggest of all events. In short, Pliskova's paid her previous dues to warrant making a Slam SF, Konjuh hasn't. Of course that guarantees nothing, but it's a psychological dynamic I see all the time in sports. Konjuh's had a nice run of vulnerable opponents (started off with a power player in Bertens, but one who performs on clay and basically little else, and since then she's faced 3 softer-hitting pushers). That draw has helped hide the deficiencies in her obv. still unpolished game. Pliskova has enough ability to expose Konjuh like Vinci exposed her at New Haven (when the soft hitting Italian beat a clearly frustrated Croat 6-2 6-2 that day).

In short, unless Pliskova loses this off her own racquet (chokes/freezes), Konjuh will be a longer shot to win than her odds are currently paying imo. Plus, less "scientifically", if Konjuh wins Serena just gets another SF walkover. This tourney deserves to see Serena have to try and get through the hardest hitting opponent there remains beside herself. The Czech serving at her best is a real chance to win such a SF, where the Croat is just too young & unpolished to think she can tame the Beast at this stage of her career (still, the #1 seed in the men's draw is getting the easiest ride to a Slam title that there's ever been, maybe it continues that way on the side of the women's draw as well. Pathetic really).

Personally I wouldn't back Konjuh outside of live betting/before one got to know how each player looks early. Purely on paper Konjuh has the ability to beat Pliskova, but where she beat a much more experienced player in the last round, she both had the match-up advantage (power vs. pusher) and she was fresh off nearly beating Radwanska in her last Slam (so confidence against specifically what her opponent had to bring to the table would've I imagine helped settle any nerves the occasion held for her, that being her first ever 4R Slam match). Here she doesn't have any power advantage and she doesn't have any direct experience of facing her opponent to mitigate the occasion, that being her first ever Slam QF. She's only 18, and A SLAM SEMI-FINAL BERTH looms large on her horizon. Of course this is Pliskova's first ever Slam QF, but I have to think her experience in winning at Cincinnati recently completely blew up her previously restrictive comfort zones about what she expects out of herself in the biggest of all events. In short, Pliskova's paid her previous dues to warrant making a Slam SF, Konjuh hasn't. Of course that guarantees nothing, but it's a psychological dynamic I see all the time in sports. Konjuh's had a nice run of vulnerable opponents (started off with a power player in Bertens, but one who performs on clay and basically little else, and since then she's faced 3 softer-hitting pushers). That draw has helped hide the deficiencies in her obv. still unpolished game. Pliskova has enough ability to expose Konjuh like Vinci exposed her at New Haven (when the soft hitting Italian beat a clearly frustrated Croat 6-2 6-2 that day).

In short, unless Pliskova loses this off her own racquet (chokes/freezes), Konjuh will be a longer shot to win than her odds are currently paying imo. Plus, less "scientifically", if Konjuh wins Serena just gets another SF walkover. This tourney deserves to see Serena have to try and get through the hardest hitting opponent there remains beside herself. The Czech serving at her best is a real chance to win such a SF, where the Croat is just too young & unpolished to think she can tame the Beast at this stage of her career (still, the #1 seed in the men's draw is getting the easiest ride to a Slam title that there's ever been, maybe it continues that way on the side of the women's draw as well. Pathetic really).

:bow: 6-2 6-2 Pliskova today!

i should have waited for BC.... spot on analysis

tennis players have to pay their dues and "grow"....

case in point... Andy fuckin Murray...

what a beast

Yeah I remember being frustrated with Murray in his early years, just needed time to get to the top slowly and gain experience. He still annoys me with his attitude on court sometimes but I'll root for anyone who can stop Djoko from winning too many slams and getting to close from Roger's 17.

Annoying maybe wasn't the best word, but I hate when he shouts and yells blames or whatever directed at his box full of coaches and family, just makes him seem weak to blame someone else for the mistakes he makes on the court and just not right to do, not all players do that hopefully. Other than that I've learnt to like him and hope he wins some more slams he deserves it.

Yep his moping is what keeps me from appreciating him more...his game has evolved tremendously but his attitude is still annoying.

At least he doesn't do it as often as before, probably because he has more self control and especially winning more! Let's see how they restart, they said on french tv that the coaches were allowed in the locker room during the break, wasn't sure with such a small break

she had to do that come on

it's like how Roddick was always angry, this dude is always whining

why would she not halt the point there?

she had to do that come on

it's like how Roddick was always angry, this dude is always whining

why would she not halt the point there?

its not just that point.... she's been on andy's ass all tournament

and murray's point is valid... he'll get his shit together soon

ughhhh so hard to watch

to each their own, and he's classy when he wins, but this gets so old all the time

I know he's your boy, just not my cup

ughhhh so hard to watch

to each their own, and he's classy when he wins, but this gets so old all the time

I know he's your boy, just not my cup

he's gotten so much better than he used to be

tennis is the only sport like this... which player doesn't bitch and moan in frustration? Maybe Fed? That's it

People dislike Andy because he's not a "small" player... usually is the case with athletes that are big for their sport

Maybe to a degree, but his is extreme

There isn't one guy that I despise, but I don't enjoy watching he does this

I've seen joker fall apart in spurts as well, but andy tends to go on and on and on

Back